Diary Preview And Questions Thread

*December 1996*

Hollyweird Grappling Company opens, with the backing of a Millionaire and Sam Strong and Rip Chord on the roster the "Modern Era" war began ...

*January 1997*

Phil Vibert takes over DaVE and the East Coast Wars are on ...

*July 2001*

USPW and DaVE (the last surviving East Coast Regional Promotion) battle to become the third US promotion, while above them the HGC and SWF war wages on ...

*June 2009*

Steve DeColt leaves his brothers and CGC joining NOTBPW and the hated Stones and the Canadian war begins ..

*October 2012*

USPW joined TCW and SWF as a big three and the war for US dominance waged on ...

*January 2013*

The West Coast Wars are looking set to begin ...

Grimm SoCal Wrestling lead by High-Profile Rapper Brother Grimm having left IPW declares war on them stealing an handful of their talent for their debut roster ...

Meanwhile Nemesis over at IPW says "If you thought the East Coast War was brutal you haven't seen anything yet!"

And the war is on along the West Coast with GSW vs IPW .. Or is it ...

An advert begins airing on BOOTV ..

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/TEW13/BOOTV.jpg

Barbed wire boards, cage walls, 1,000s of thumbtacks covering a table top, blood dripping from the eye holes of a mask, a Bra and Panties hanging over the back of a chair and the camera slowly pans up a pair of female legs ...

... and the advertisement cuts to black and then ends with this logo ...

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/TEW13/ELITE.jpg

ANOTHER staggeringly cool dynasty idea. I've got a ton of books I need to read at some point but at this rate the next six months or so I won't get a chance because I'll be glued to all these great diaries!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlikely I'll get into this anytime soon with the "Regional Rumble" but I've just written this because it's the first save I've properly gotten into (only done one show but this is "the one") after a "watcher" game until October 2013.

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx212/Cverse_Rerender/jhd1/DeanMcWade.jpg

For the last four years, it's been me and my Harley. I've kept up to date with what Dallas has been doing, and I've seen the business struggle.Promotions are dropping like flies (DIW, ACPW, MOSC, ROF...) and gates for those trudging along fall pretty much across the board. I've watched guys I've worked with like Shawn Gonzalez, Barry Bowen [Runaway Train] and Johnny Martin die seemingly out of nowhere.

The independent scene in particular is in chaos with champions walking out and promoters being unable to pay talent – that said, even the American powerhouse promotions are pulling back. Icons like Rip Chord and Sam Strong have stepped away from the business, hitting both MAW (financially in particularly) and USPW hard. Around the world business is bad.

Boom and bust is inevitable, but when Larry Wood is controversially storming out of promotions (even Dallas doesn't know why and he works there), and “Job For Life” Phil Roberts is unemployed you know the world has gone mad.

Which is why it would be crazy to consider coming back now... but I've got the itch.

It was April, I'd been happily travelling the world, crossing locations off my “World Tour” list when I took a break heading back home since Dallas was home back and I hadn't seen him since New Year's Day. Dallas told me about Steve Flash's new promotion. Phoenix Wrestling Company, it was another east coast hardcore company but with Flash in charge it was seemingly in safe hands.

Dallas left back for Japan at the end of April but I was set to stay for another week. Every logical part of my brain told me it was a bad idea – but something about this promotion interested me. By the end of my NOTBPW run I was burnt out, and getting back into wrestling hadn't even crossed my mind since, until I heard bout PWC.

That's what I realise now, at the time I'd convinced myself that I could take it or leave it. I'd held my phone in my hand for about an hour asking myself if this is something I really want to when I finaly “bit the bullet” and called Steve [Flash].

“This is the voice mail for the number....”

“Hey Steve, it's Dean McWade – I heard about your upstart company... I'm just wondering if, you know, you need any help putting shows together, or you're looking for talent give me a call...”

The week passed with nothing and it was time to head off to Europe. Figuring Steve had been too busy to call back I put PWC to the back of my mind (Grandmaster Phunk took the book but that's another story) and carried on my trip, travelling all over Europe, seeing some impressive sights in the process.

I was in London when I heard about Runaway Train. My phone started vibrating over and over so I pulled up at a café – the numerous texts all read “Have you heard about Barry/Runaway Train?” or some variation. I called Dallas but I couldn't get through. I went onto TEW.com on my phone and the top story was “Runaway Train passes away”. Seven days later I got the same messages, this time about Johnny Martin who I'd wrestled in Danger and Violence Extreme. Runaway Train was 6 years older than me and Dallas when he dies, Johnny just 1.

It left me with a lot of questions. How limited would my time be? Have I made an impact that I'd be proud of? Do I have anything left to give to the business?

After running four shows PWC closed it's doors in on the 14th of October 2013 – Steve simply couldn't afford to put on shows that weren't covering their own costs. I'd had a close escape, it was the assurance if one was needed, that in this climate, now was not the time to get back into the wrestling business.

The Open Violence Project opened for business on the 21st of October 2013.

http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images/orig/12/35321395152-orig.jpg

Name:
The Open Violence Project (OPV)

Founder:
Dean McWade

Size:
Regional (D- in Ontario, F in The Prairies, British Columbia and Tri-State)

Working Agreement:
WEXXV

Alliance:
Extreme Violence Connection (with PSW)

Starting Roster
:

Bryan Holmes

Dallas McWade

Dean McWade

Doctor Michael O'Haire

Enforcer Roberts

Evil Spirit (managed by Doctor Michael O'Haire)

Henry Bennett

Henry Lee

Jesse Gilbert

Joe Gilbert

JOJI

Knuckles

Larry Wood

Lee Wright (Road Agent)

Mimic

Noel Madden (Referee)

Sayeed Ali

Shady K

Sky King

Slim V

Thimbleby Langton

Tony Marsh (Announcer)

Travis Century (Colour Commentator)

Weird Waldo Adlaw

Wooton Fitzbaine

Debut Show:
OVP Open Violence!

ANOTHER staggeringly cool dynasty idea. I've got a ton of books I need to read at some point but at this rate the next six months or so I won't get a chance because I'll be glued to all these great diaries!

Thank you kindly sir. I'm still in deciding what to do mode at the moment, far too many ideas and i will only ever start a dynasty that i know for a fact i will and can keep going. This would present the challenge that i think i'm at my best when writing a 'Comedy'/Family Friendly promotion and i'm not too sure how me doing a Risque/Cult/Hardcore will turn out, or if its possible to write for certain characters without looking like you share their views (i'm looking at you Crazy Midget Clown Klan) testing writing up shows at the moment.

My other ideas for those keeping score are SoTBPW and try to follow their schedule from January (so in game monday, week 1 Jan is real life monday, week 1 Jan) or go to what i know and do SAW or KANZEN.

Giving serious thought about a second diary. (Will definitely keep on with the SWF 2013 diary, though!) I'd like to think of this potential second diary as my TEW 2013 equivalent of a side project band, as I've always wanted to give 0/0/0/0 a shot. So if I push forward with this, it may not be updated as often as my SWF/KP Avatar diary. Going to run a few more test games for this idea, and if all goes well and I've got free time, Diary #2 should be good to go.

Not at home, so can't insert any images.

(Reserved for Brandon James' image)

NOVEMBER 2012

"You can't quit now, Brandon. You've got three years on your contract. Tell me what you want, Brandon...assistant booker role? North American title shot? Peter and I, we're here to help in any way..."

I wasn't born yesterday. He'd told me all that s--- before the last few times I told him I wanted out, which had happened quite often since 2007. And besides, North American title shot? Come on! You just put the strap on Angry Gilmore and now you want me to be the first to put him over in a title defense? And it's a NORTH AMERICAN title shot. A MIDCARD belt.

"Go to hell, Eisen. And hope you take your spoiled brat sons with you down there."

I gave him the finger then I walked out of Supreme Towers in New York, never to return to the Supreme Wrestling Federation again. No, never again. Not even if the Eisen family lures me back with a $100,000 per month contract. Hell, it was never about the money when I decided to quit the SWF. I mean, negotiating for a good pay and some nice incentives, like creative control, would always come in handy when it comes to joining a large promotion. But when you've got the money, what comes next?

I've always wrestled mainly for love of the sport, if you can call it a sport. When Richard Eisen hired me from DaVE some 5-6 years ago, I had "only" turned 30 then. I was still young enough, my knees were good, and I sure as hell didn't need any performance-enhancing drugs in my system to ward off injuries and get any bigger. Because at a shade over 300 pounds, I was the Big Cat, now renamed Big Money. They even rearranged my birth name, but I didn't care. I had creative control, I was going to be managed by a long-time friend and co-worker, I was going to be a franchise player, and my decision to join the SWF, I'd say, was comparable to something that happened a couple years later - LeBron James taking his talents to the South Beach. But most of all, I WAS PROMISED A MAIN EVENT PUSH IN TWO YEARS.

Yet it never happened. Started out in the midcards and I lost a lot, man. Christian Faith, Jack Bruce, even Enygma, even Jumbo Jackson, they'd go over me. In 2008, I thought they were going to give me a chance to be the alpha heel. But no, they went with one of their own - the Alpha Dog, Remo, as the next Alpha Heel. Nothing against him, though - I respect him as a wrestler and as a human being. Still, you can't deny that Eisen and Peter Michaels wanted to keep the status quo going for as long as they could, even when the product was getting stale. I mean, how many times can you sit through a Faith vs Vengeance cage match or Bruce vs Remo or Rich Money without raiding the fridge for a beer and some chips or perhaps taking time out to text your girlfriend goodnight or, if you're living together, having a quick one while Eisen and Michaels are insulting the world's intelligence with the same old s---?

That's why Michaels, whom I still respect for trying, tried to work things out by having Emma Chase, my manager, have her own stable. First, it was me and Jack Giedroyc, who had turned on Valiant, then Paul Huntingdon joined in. Again, I don't hate those guys, they were just doing what Pete asked them to do and hoping it could give 'em the push they deserve. Did we get the push we deserve over time? Hell no. At the time I submitted my resignation letter and saluted Eisen with my middle finger, I was still an upper midcard heel, same push I've had since 2008. Vengeance, Remo and Rich Money were still the main event bad guys. Oh, and did I miss out on Eric Eisen? Damn prick couldn't wrestle an A-match if his life depended on it, yet here he was, getting rewarded by his dad for his mediocrity by going over everybody even if he hardly looked convincing in the ring.

I was thinking of all these things while riding on that cab from Supreme Towers to the JFK Airport. From JFK to HOU just like a certain Taiwanese-American point guard, pardon the second NBA reference. I was going to wait a few hours before my flight would take off, but I didn't give a damn. Another minute in Supreme Towers would have killed me.

Speaking of things like that, you may think this is career suicide. You're 36 years old, which is still a good decade younger than Christian Faith or a good few of Sam Strong's USPW lugs. No serious injuries, good-paying contract with creative control, no girlfriend at the present but loving the single life and not having to bust out the Radiohead or Joy Division discography. So why the f--- walk away from that contract? Why go to a city you haven't been to, unless it was to wrestle, and form a new promotion from the ground up? What if it fails? Are you willing to sleep on your mom's couch without a single cent to your name if the promotion fails? And what about that lack of booking experience and the fact that you dropped out (more like flunked out) of college to become a pro wrestler?

An ordinary man would say yeah, you're right. F--- it. I'm gonna swallow my pride and tell Eisen I'm sorry, let's forget this whole thing happened, I'm gonna lose another match to Christian or Jack or your game-changing son Eric and you can job me out to Captain Atomic and Jungle Lord the moment I turn 37. But not me. I'm Brandon James, and I've learned a thing or two about a thing or two in this business. No, make that James Brandon, Jimbo to friends and family, Big Cat to the people who have known me in my earliest days in the business up to the DaVE era. I'm going to use whatever money I have in the bank to make this federation work. It's going to be like DaVE times ten, no, make that times a hundred. It's going to be pure hardcore violence with a healthy dose of nearly-naked ladies managing the men. Heck, I might even have a women's division too, but for now, I gotta start small. I gotta be very selective with the guys I hire. They've got to LOVE to fight, LOVE to hurt each other and LOVE to hurt themselves. People are gonna get injured here, that's for sure, but as long as they don't come at me with their lawyers, everything's cool. Speaking of that, perhaps I have to look for a good lawyer in the Houston area to make sure nobody tries suing me when things go wrong, to make sure the contracts are written in the proper legalese.

So here I am at JFK, just paid my fare, tipped the cabbie and it's time to wait for my flight. This is it, Big Cat. The first day of the rest of your life.

3RDSTRINGPG PRESENTS - JAMES BRANDON'S FAMILY-STYLE WRESTLING (JBFSW)

COMING SOON???

<p>Just figured I'd throw this out there for testing.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s668/wxrobbie/CZCW/AaronAndrews_zps6afb9d5f.jpg</span><p>

<strong>Aaron Andrews</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p>

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Tommy Cornell said I’d be a star in TCW. He promised me fame and fortune and while I was well on my way, my ego was telling me different. Tommy and Joel Bryant had put enough faith in me for three stints as All-Action Champion and to be the International Champion headed into the New Year. That is coincidentally where things went downhill; the company New Year’s Eve party. My contract was coming to an end, but it never really worried me. I was TCW from the get go and figured I would be until the day I retired. I guess I never really factored my attitude into that equation.</p><p> </p><p>

I know there are some real jerks out there that have no idea how they’re acting, but I wasn’t one of them. I knew I was an ass and I even felt bad about it a few times. Mean spirited pranks, arguments backstage and other mischievous things were the norm for me and I often wondered why. I always felt like I deserved everything I got. I never felt like I had to earn a damn thing. I blamed it on Los Angeles and growing up around some of the cockiest people on earth. It was what I learned to expect. Now I guess I look at the people who aren’t taking what’s theirs like they are the weird ones. In my eyes, everyone should be as egotistical as I am, or was rather.</p><p> </p><p>

From the day I graduated from TCW’s School of Pro Wrestling I was hyped to have the “holy trinity.” I was the best prospect the business had seen in years, decades even. I was THE next big thing and TCW was doing it right, slowly building me up. There were young up-starts working the independent scene that were highly regarded, but my status within TCW kept me as the one to watch. But in 2010, something happened that really pushed my buttons. Mohammed Barrett graduated from the same school and my time at the top of the “ones to watch” list seemed limited. I was reluctant to step away from the limelight when I hadn’t even felt the warmth of its glow. I hadn’t gotten my big time yet and I was damn sure not going to let some kid overstep me in the waiting line. I let some of that anger out, but never directed toward Tommy’s new golden boy. I’d pull a prank on Jason Azaria or knowingly start arguments with Wolf Hawkins. What happened was a long time coming and it finally came to a head on December 31<sup>st</sup>, 2012.</p><p> </p><p>

TCW always through great parties for the holidays and New Year’s Eve was no different. The funny thing is, as much alcohol as there was available I hadn’t consumed enough to blame my actions on. I was making the rounds, mingling with everyone that I cared to talk to. It wasn’t until around 9 that things escalated when I approached Tommy, Joel and Mo talking at the bar. I interjected myself into the conversation and immediately knew I shouldn’t have. Total Mayhem was right down the road in May and I was expecting a huge title defense to showcase my talent. Hell, I’d have even considered dropping the title on the grandest stage TCW had to offer, but only if it was done well enough to catapult me into the upper card. Then those magic words came out of Tommy’s mouth. “I think the fans could really get behind Mighty Mo if he won the International Title.” It was said casually as he took a sip of his cocktail, but what I heard was a taunt. My ego blew up and I couldn’t hold my tongue any longer. Luckily Chance Fortune was there to stop me from getting physical, but words were not hard to come by. First I spat my feelings about Mo. Then I told Joel what I thought of his booking. Then I deemed it necessary to tell Tommy what he was doing wrong running the company. Then I decided to take it a step further and I said some not so nice words about Tommy’s wife and son.</p><p> </p><p>

Chance escorted me out of the hotel and shook his head. Chance was a good friend, but he left me standing out there on the sidewalk. He returned to the party without saying much. I thought about heading back inside, but for once reason took over me and I grabbed a cab back to my home on the other side of Phoenix. My contract expired three days later without so much as a call from anyone at TCW to tell me I was being let go. I was angry, but knew SWF or NOTBPW would come calling soon enough. I waited ten days and my phone never rang. I looked on the dirt sheets all over the internet and saw the “reports” of the incident. Luckily it seemed like the true details and severity of the situation hadn’t quite gotten to the fans. I wasn’t so lucky when it came to the other owners. I finally decided to give the Eisens a call. I was politely told by Eric’s secretary that SWF had no interest in speaking with me concerning a contract. That’s when it happened. My phone rang, but it wasn’t one of the big companies offering me a contract. It was a number I didn’t recognize and it was from the Phoenix area. I won’t lie and tell you my ego laughed thinking it was TCW crawling back. You can imagine my surprise when I answered and the man on the other end was Cliff Anderson, owner of Phoenix’s other promotion CZCW. I’ll probably never forget the words he first spoke to me.</p><p> </p><p>

“This may be crazy, but I’ve got an idea that will suite the both of us.”</p><p>

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--></p></div><p></p><p></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="toeachtheirown" data-cite="toeachtheirown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34866" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I love the backstory behind this Clabobby and Andrews is the perfect fit for that company as well looking forward to it hopefully sooner rather than later.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the kind words! Anyone else have anything to add?</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><span>http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/Kamchatka863/wwa3-1.jpg</span><span>http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss279/serotonin187/DuntonHall.jpg</span><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">

</span></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>World Wrestling Alliance</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">

</span></div></div></div></div><span>http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080615121912/tew/images/5/5e/TCW08.jpg</span><span>http://koti.mbnet.fi/sadhappy/WEXXV/Logos/NOTBPW.jpg</span><span>http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/NYCW/logos/MPWF.jpg</span><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/wrestling%20stuff/RAW%20Attitude/RAW-1.jpg</span><span>http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/Kamchatka863/WWA4uk.jpg</span><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">

christmas_ape – 20LEgend – MichiganHero – Psycho Sam – D-Lyrium</span></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">

</span></div></div></div></div></div><p></p>

Thanks for the kind words! Anyone else have anything to add?

Just a small note, really: it's a little weird that CZCW is headquartered in Phoenix, which is a few hundred miles from the coast its name refers to. I've always thought of it as based in California generally (hence the presence of guys like the Cali Dragons and California Love Machine), and probably Los Angeles specifically -- though it could be San Diego, or maybe even San Francisco? It doesn't seem like San Francisco, though, which isn't really near Mexico, making the lucha influences and MPWF/OLLIE ties a bit less likely.

(For that matter, I've always assumed that TCW was LA-based -- it used to be Hollyweird Grappling Company, after all -- though I suppose Tommy Cornell could have moved it. Phoenix is... a weird place to move to, though. Pretty remote, and not exactly the biggest city.)

Just nit-picking, of course. Sounds good!

Monday, January Week 2, 2015

“Name?” The old man snaps at me as I sit down.

“I am El Principe,” I respond.

“Your real name,” he snorts.

“I have told you. El Principe.”

“Not your wrestling name, the real, honest-to-God name you go by in everyday life. And take that darn mask off so I can look you in the eye when I’m talking to you.”

I rise, and turn away from him. “I am sorry. I see now, that this position is not suited to me. I am El Principe. In the wrestling ring, in the office, in the bedroom, in any location. If that is a problem, we cannot do business.”

“Wait there.” He reaches out and grabs my sleeve, and I turn around again. I’m surprised to see a smile crack his famously miserable features. “You passed the test, kid. You know what’s wrong with the business today?”

I shake my head.

“Well, there’s too many things wrong with the business today to tell you about them all before I have to take some more of my pills, but the number one thing is, too many darn fools breaking character every time they blow their nose. You have a mask, you ARE that mask. When I was the Masked Fury, if I was out in public, I’d eat with the mask on. If I stayed in a hotel, I’d sleep with the mask on. If I went to the toilet…”

“So, Mr Westberry,” I interrupt hastily. “I believe you have a vacancy for a booker.”

He nods. “That’s right. Mid South Lucha Libre is officially open for business, kid, and if you want the job, it’s yours.”

“Mine? Shouldn’t there be an interview, or something? Why are you just offering it to me like this when you don’t even know me?” I’m stunned.

“Kid, I know nearly everyone in wrestling. You know what they all have in common? They’re a bunch of jackasses. You may be a jackass. Hell, you probably are a jackass. But you’re a jackass who knows when to wear his mask, which puts you two steps ahead of most of them.”

I’m not sure what to say, so I don’t respond. It seems to be the right thing to do.

“And besides,” he laughs. “With what I’ve got, a trained monkey could make money. The sponsors are crying out to get involved. We’re going to be taking home five figures a month just from them. I’ll need it, of course, since I’ve spent my life savings on this already.”

“Sponsors? You have not even got any wrestlers yet – how have you got sponsors, Mr Westberry?” Something dawns on me. “And anyway, how have you spent your life savings without getting any wrestlers in.”

“Behind that door over there, I’ve got something better than wrestlers, kid. But before I show you, I need you to sign this.”

He hands me a piece of paper, and I scan it. It’s a contract, to wrestle and book for MSLL. A federation which is run by one of wrestling’s most famously obnoxious personalities, someone who back in 2012 was described as the most toxic person in a TCW locker room which was full of people who would have seen that description as a badge of honour. A federation which, as far as I can tell, has nearly zero money, no wrestlers, and only a vague promise of sponsors because of something behind a mysterious door.

The only sensible thing to do here is to walk out. It’s what my mother, God rest her soul, would tell me to do. It’s what my elder brother, looking down on me from heaven, would say is the right thing to do. Even my deadbeat father wouldn’t be stupid enough to sign that contract.

There’s just one thing. I’m curious. I’m so, so curious. I really want to know what’s behind that door…

So I pick up a pen, and I sign the contract. Mr Westberry smiles, and leads me over, then opens the door.

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u566/Jaded2013/masksmasksmasks_zps981f6c90.jpg

“We’ve got MASKS, kid!”

I’m not sure whether to laugh or cry.

First of all - why isn't this thread pinned? Oo

Secondly - I'm thinking about writing a dynasty in these forums (as this is probably the best place in the whole internet to do so). The problem is that English isn't my mother tongue and therefore I'm not up to writing completely correct texts, especially when it comes to things like grammar, syntax, and, most of all, a good expression.

What I want to know from you is if you could imagine to read such a dynasty, as I know that I probably would get irriated if I'd read a story written by a guy who's not completely familiar with the language he's writing in. Thus, if you're seeing things the same as me, it's senseless to start such a project and this is exactly why I decided to ask before I act (:

So - what's it like for you?

Secondly - I'm thinking about writing a dynasty in these forums (as this is probably the best place in the whole internet to do so). The problem is that English isn't my mother tongue and therefore I'm not up to writing completely correct texts, especially when it comes to things like grammar, syntax, and, most of all, a good expression.

What I want to know from you is if you could imagine to read such a dynasty, as I know that I probably would get irriated if I'd read a story written by a guy who's not completely familiar with the language he's writing in. Thus, if you're seeing things the same as me, it's senseless to start such a project and this is exactly why I decided to ask before I act (:

If you have fun writing it then do it, don't worry about what others think.

Worst case scenario you simply copy and paste the results onto your dynasty's thread.

Well, uh, that post alone displayed better knowledge of the English language than a lot of native speakers. :p

Yeah, just go for it! As already mentioned, judging by this paragraph, your English is actually pretty good and I doubt you would completely mess up a diary as far as language is concerned.

By the way: I'm also from Germany and currently preparing for a diary. So, you are not alone. :)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/JodoKastTRL/BorisKiriyakin.jpg

"The plight of the proletariat has not been forgotten..."

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/JodoKastTRL/BiggerDanEwe-1.jpg

"There is only the hunt; the hunt, and prey worthy of the hunt."

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/JodoKastTRL/BamBamJohansson-1.jpg

*FLEX*

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/JodoKastTRL/StigSvensson.jpg

"Fear not citizens, for evil shall never triumph over good, puppies, and Christmas!"

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/JodoKastTRL/AnnaKi-1.jpg

"I like my men big, like bear."

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/JodoKastTRL/AfricanEarthquake.jpg

"AFRICAN RAGE!!! I'LL KILL ANY OF YOU EUROPEAN OPPRESSORS I LAY MY EYES ON!!!"

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/JodoKastTRL/SpirostheMighty.jpg

"The GODS THEMSELVES have called down from Olympus, and I am their CHAMPION!"

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/JodoKastTRL/Byron.jpg

"Would you **** me? I'd **** me."

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/JodoKastTRL/th_EWA.jpg

EWA: Why People Started To Care About Wrestling In Europe, But Then That Never Happened So Now No One Cares About Wrestling In Europe

I lost it when I read Byron's part. I laughed at my computer screen for a good minute or so.

Right now I am putting together ideas and I am going to shake things up even more than this I believe. Really not sure how I want to shake up CGC and who I want to control for them. TCW, USPW, SWF, and CGC would be my four promotions. I'd write from a websites perspective like nodq.com, twitter, and probably facebook. You guys can offer some fun suggestions for me too if you want to. If I enjoy it then it will become a diary.

Backstory:

Sean and Victoria split up but remain married. Cornell and Bryant meet to discuss this and Joel says give him whatever he wants to bring him here. Sean wants to try his hand as head booker. Joel Bryant gives Tommy Cornell and Sean McFly his blessing.

1st night of December 2012 Joey Minnesota shows up late. McFly then has Joey issue an open challenge for the main event. McFly debuts to shock the crowd as the man who answers it. He wins relatively easy over Minnesota. This pisses Joey off so he begins to think of how to get out of TCW.

SWF can't sit back while their rival gains momentum. To appeal to their fan base they work out a way to bring in Sam Strong as head booker and give him a lot of money. Strong puts USPW up for sale after he accepts the SWF deal. Strong debuts in week 2 as an authority figure.

Joey Minnesota buys USPW in week 3 of December and promises Sam that Nicky Champion and Alicia Strong will be taken care of. Joey makes himself the top heel of the promotion. No promises are made about Peter Valentine or Bruce the Giant though.

All of this could happen in December leading up to 2013. Oh and for the heck of it Jack Bruce lets Richard Eisen know he is planning on a sex change.

Jack Bruce plans on being Jacklyn Bruce by the end of 2013. If he doesn't get a new contract and a womens division then he will leave for AAA or some other womens promotion.

Database Changes:

Sean McFly moved to TCW and made head booker.

Sam Strong moved to SWF.

Joey Minnesota moved to USPW and made owner.

Joey Minnesota dislikes Sean McFly

Joel Bryant loyal to Tommy Cornell

Joel Bryant friends with Sean McFly

Jack Bruce changed to female and renamed Jacklyn or Jackie Bruce. (This idea taken from another thread that I saw this posted in.)

User Characters:

Sean McFly (TCW)

Sam Strong (SWF)

Joey Minnesota (USPW) Owner

??? (CGC)

Well, I was going to revamp my abortive CGC diary (I wrote three months, but posted four shows because I decided to start at just about the same time as the 2013 announcement) -- but after playing around with 2013 CGC, it's just not there for me at the moment.

Weirdly enough, I'm attracted to doing FCW at this point, based on the premise that Puerto Rican Power is trying to honor Shawn Gonzalez's memory by adhering to his booking principles. (Or something like that.) I never got a FCW game going in '10, or had any desire to. And I never liked Gonzalez, due mostly to the fact that I could never get him to do much for me when I played DAVE in '07. But there's something about the idea that I like. Going to let it marinate, see if it turns into anything.

Don't call it a comeback...

TCW Headquarters

December 14, 2012

I stepped into Joel Bryant's office. I was nervous. I hadn't been so shaky since I left rehab in 2007. Since my "comeback". I hadn't touched a drop since, but god had I wanted it that night.

That was just DAVE. I'd worked indies since then, but that had been my last shot at anything, and I had blown it.

So what did Joel Bryant want with me?

"I'm going to put it straight to you." Joel said, gesturing that I sit down across from him. "You're in a unique position."

I had no idea what he was talking about, so I just nodded.

"We're hiring a lot of youngsters. We're thinking of starting a development camp out of LA." He continued.

"And you want me to be a trainer?" I asked, not quite sure where this was going.

"No, we've already got a few people in mind for that." Joel said. "No, we want you on the main roster. We need solid veterans. We need some name value to balance out the new kids. And then there's the backstage factor..."

"You want me on hand as an example." I said, as realisation dawned.

"In a manner of speaking. But that's not all." Joel said.

"What else? I'm happy to sign up as a jobber." I said.

Joel smiled. "You may have noticed our roster has some... diversity."

"It's a big roster, it's expected." I said.

"But we've got workers from a lot of other companies. Some people would even say that's how we built all our stars." Joel said.

"Tommy Cornell wasn't a star when he got here, neither was Rocky Golden, you built Wolf Hawkins from nothing." I said.

"I did say 'some people'. Anyway, we're trying something new. Up until now, the booking committee has been myself, Tommy, Brent Hill, Kyle Rhodes and Bryan Vessey. We're currently in the market for some new talent on that bench. People who have worked with the best minds in the business. We're scouting some big name former-DAVE workers, people who were on Vibert's booking committee. We're scouting overseas as well. And Edd Stone is officially a consultant." Joel rolled his eyes at that last one.

"And you want me... Oh." I said. "I was on Sneer's booking committee for six months."

"Shane Sneer is the head booker of one of our biggest rivals. Any insight you could have would be much appreciated." Joel said.

"I was drunk a lot of the time back then. In fact, I'm the poster child for not putting someone on your booking committee just because they're your star. Case in point, Bryan Vessey." I said.

"It was in his contract." Joel shrugged. "But Sneer didn't sign that kind of contract, not ever. You were there because he saw a glimmer of genius."

"If you want me as a jobber, fine. If you want me to help with the book, I'll do that too. If you want me to be a cautionary tale to all the youngsters, fine. It makes sense. Does Tommy know you're coming to me? With my past and all?" I asked.

Joel nodded, and produced a contract. Tommy Cornell's signature was already on the bottom, as was Joel's.

I raised an eyebrow at the salary. More than I'd earned for my comeback, that was for sure. Not quite what I was earning back in Southern Class, but I needed a steady gig.

I signed the dotted line:

Jack Griffith.