High School Quality

Guest Nukester
1 means he played against better competition. The high it goes, the "softer" the competition was. 1st paragraph under "Recruiting" in the manual.

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=AZJAZ]Too bad the high schools that produce talent are all out of wack. I am not even talking about individual schools but sizes of schools in general.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I just went through the list and made alot of the HS's near me two's or ones, so now a few more guys from those schools tend to show up as decent players, which is cool.

Well if everyone posted the class designation from their respective state, we could actually make a decent list. I have already redone all the prestige and academic prestige for my dat file and it has made all the difference. In all this game is one of the best of all time. Now I am checking out the new TCB so I am splitting time. I want in on the IPO.

I believe that the level of high schools is based primarily on two things: 1. real-life recent wins/losses (There are sites with that info. It isn't as hard to research as you might think.) 2. real-life recruits that typically come from that *state* In other words, a weak school in Georgia is rated "average," because even the weak schools there are going to play tough competition, due to many D1 recruits coming out of the state. Now, the win/loss method may cause a few issues with teams that win a lot but don't put out a ton of D1 guys, or teams that put out a ton of D1 guys but never win it all. Overall, at least in the Southeast, things are pretty solid. The thing to do, if your state doesn't look right, is simply to go in and make the changes. Realistically, most people aren't going to really know or care about the small out-of-state changes that might need to be made. I went ahead and modded all of the high schools in Georgia for more realism. It didn't take long at all, and I love the distribution I'm getting now, but the original list wasn't bad at all.

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=Tim Plum]to have rated 6000 +/- HS would be a daunting feat for anyone. Where do you get the info.? Whats the criteria? Just finding the names of them was a task.[/QUOTE] Hehe I didnt mean that it should have been better, as I have no idea nor do I really care about the distribution from schools outside of my state (or near area). I thought it was cool enough to be able to edit the schools that I actually know, to have more/better grads coming from them.

[QUOTE]I have already redone all the prestige and academic prestige for my dat file and it has made all the difference. [/QUOTE] For the high schools? If so could I get it from you? I am not saying that every high school in the game should be changed to mirror their real life ability, but it would have been nice at least to have talent production be based on school size in each state. I know it isnt a foolproof plan since alot of inner city schools arent usually great football schools even though they are large schools, but at least it would give us a little better distribution than we have. For instance I live in Arizona right now, and Arizona is different from some other states because the schools in AZ are either huge or small, there arent alot of schools in the middle because if the school is in one of the metro areas (Phoenix, Tucson) the school is big. If it is anywhere else it is relatively small, save a few from the Flagstaff area. I coach football in AZ, and when I go to look at the AZ recruits there are many recruits from teams that I never even heard of, which means that they are coming from teams out in the middle of nowhere instead of the large metro area schools. I am not complaining that there are 2-3 players like this, its more like 50% or more. If this was modified a little bit it would add a touch of realism for me at least. Same story for Wisconsin, since that is where I am from, but in WI there are alot mroe schools in the 700 student range, since alot of the state is more rural.

Here is a for instance from one of my current seasons. Here are the top 20 recruits from AZ, and the schools they play for. The schools with an *next to them are schools I never even heard of. The schools with a # in front of them are very small schools. Phoenix Christian# Peoria Rio Rico*# Gilbert Chandler Douglas Horizon Thatcher*# Parker *# Desert Vista Hartnell*# Florence# Casa Grande Clifton*# Gila Bend*# Mesquite Chandler Ajo*# Mountain View South Mountain 9 of the top 20 are from small schools that arent even in the top 4 of 7 AZ classifications, and 7 of the top 20 are from schools that I never even heard of. Here is the real life example. Top 20 from scout.com Maryvale Salpointe Apache Junction Red Mountain St. Mary's Corona Del Sol Sabino Sabino Dobson Chaparral Corona Del Sol Horizon Maryvale Saguaro Mountain View Hamilton Cactus Brophy Centennial Hamilton All of these schools I have geard of and all of them are in the bigger classifications.

[QUOTE=Tim Plum]to have rated 6000 +/- HS would be a daunting feat for anyone. Where do you get the info.? Whats the criteria? Just finding the names of them was a task.[/QUOTE] There are around 13,300 football playing high schools in the USA -- about 800 of which play less than 11 man. Now if I could just remember where I got that from.

Ok I am gonna have to try this later. Maybe Slingblade could help me out. I edit the prestige of the school, then save it and its saved. The I open the file and its still fine. Then I create a new league and all the changes get erased. Anyone know the problem here?

yeah... I noticed they messed up alot of schools names in Missouri... alot of schools they put in don't even exist and some 2A schools have more prestige than big 6A schools... There is no such school as Boone County HS located all of Missouri, let alone Centralia...

Guest Nukester
Cornwall Central High School in New York is not in New Windsor, it is in Cornwall :) Just an FYI for you guys that are fixing things up for yourselves.

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=AZJAZ]No, I never changed it. If I access it through microsoft access do I have to change the format?[/QUOTE] What file are you editing ? You need to edit the psetup file.

Archived