ECW 1994 - Let the new era begin

"In the tradition of Lou Thesz, in the tradition of Jack Brisco of the Brisco Brothers, of Dory Funk Jr., of Terry Funk-- the man who will never die. As the real Nature Boy Buddy Rogers, upstairs tonight. From the Harley Races, to the Barry Windhams, to the...(Douglas grimaces in a thinly veiled look of disgust) Ric Flairs, I accept this heavyweight title. ... Wait a second. Of Kerry Von Erich. Of the fat man himself, Dusty Rhodes. This is it tonight, Dad. God, that's beautiful. And Rick Steamboat, and they can all kiss my ass! (throws down the NWA World Heavyweight Championship) Because! I am not the man who accepts a torch to be handed down to me from an organization that died-- RIP-- seven years ago. The Franchise, Shane Douglas, is the man who ignites the new flame of the sport of professional wrestling! [taking the ECW title] Tonight, before God and my father is witness, I declare myself, The Franchise, as the new ECW Heavyweight Champion of the world! We have set out to change the face of professional wrestling. So tonight, let the new era begin: the era of the sport of professional wrestling, the era of The Franchise, the era of the ECW."

http://www.franchisefansite.com/ecw4.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/322/629/ECW-logo_display_image.jpg?1339709010

CHAMPIONS

ECW World Heavyweight: Shane Doulgas

ECW Television: Jason

ECW World Tag Team: Cactus Jack & Mikey Whipwreck

FACE ROSTER

Axl Rotten

Cactus Jack

Chad Austin

Damien Stone

Dory Funk Jr.

Ian Rotten

Jimmy Snuka

JT Smith

Mikey Whipwreck

Ray Odyssey

Sabu

Terry Funk

The Sandman

The Tazmaniac

Tommy Cairo

Tommy Dreamer

Too Cold Scorpio

HEEL ROSTER

Big Tilly

Bruno Sassi

Dean Malenko

Don Harris

Hack Myers

Jason

Johnny Grunge

Mr. Hughes

Pitbull #1

Pitbull #2

Rocco Rock

Rockin' Rebel

Ron Harris

Shane Douglas

Stevie Richards

Tony Stetson

TAG TEAMS

Bad Breed (Axl Rotten & Ian Rotten)

Cactus Jack & Mikey Whipwreck

Funk Brothers (Dory Funk Jr. & Terry Funk)

Harris Brothers (Don Harris & Ron Harris)

Phi Delta Slam (Big Tilly & Bruno Sassi)

The Pitbulls (Pitbull #1 & Pitbull #2)

The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock)

ANNOUNCERS

Joey Styles

AUTHORITY FIGURES

Paul Heyman

Tod Gordon

MANAGERS

Peaches (Tommy Cairo)

Woman (The Sandman)

TV SCHEDULE

ECW Hardcore TV (1 hr, Fridays at Graveyard on Sunshine Network, Tuesdays at Late Night on SportsChannel)

Archived