WWF 1994: Documentary of a wild ride, and war.

"I will be honest with you. When I was given the idea of doing a Wrestling documentary I had my doubts on if it would be exciting. Boy was I stupid years ago."

Hi, my name is Blake. Years ago, in fact July 1st, 1994 I was asked to do a documentary on Wrestling. I was given the chance to pick any company I wanted and get the chance to walk with them for years. I was told I needed to spend a few years following the lives of both superstars and staff. Then give my opinion on weather or not Wrestling, otherwise Sports Entertainment is real or just a bunch of actors sent in to please fans and get a paycheck. As you can guess my first thought was "Who wants to follow a bunch of fake actors?" Then it hit me that I should give this a shot. I had done a few interviews with a few of the so called Wrestling legends of the day like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage and yeah, even Vince McMahon and Eric Bischoff. To tell you the truth, I was never impressed. So when I was asked to do this for a minimum of 4 years. I almost got sick!

However as you obviously know now, I did it, so I will move on. They asked me to pick a company and I thought, lets start at the top. So I picked the WWF on the understanding that I would get the chance to visit one up and coming place. ECW, It was my dream to take an inside look at the land that was soon to be extreme.

So I said yes and the next day, July the second, I think it was a Saturday, I was off to the World Wrestling Federation's head office. And that's where I met him, probably the most common person you would ever meet and yet still the most iconic and important man in the headquarters. The man himself! The front desk guy Paul! I'm kidding, but in all seriousness I walked in on the day they were picking the brand new head booker of the company. I didn't really understand the importance of picking someone outside the Federation when you had brilliant minds sitting there like JJ Dillon, Sgt. Slaughter, who by the way never told me his real name. Or what about the great Gorilla Monsoon? I quickly got the picture, they needed someone from the outside because I had never seen so much hostility in one room.

Vince sat at the end of the table about 10 feet away from everybody else. Why? I guess because he could.

"Alright I am sure you know why we are here today, time for yet again to pick a new head of creative staff."

Monsoon spoke up, "Yeah Vince, I don't get it, we do this every time, we pick outside guys who come in, work for six months and are back out the door again."

"Yeah what's you point?"

Pat Patterson speaks up, "I think his point is that it's time for an inside guy Vince. You can't do it you've said this already, besides you're dealing with finance anyways. Get one of us, don't take anymore risks with these guys."

"It's too late for that, this company was built by me because of taking risks! So, last night I contacted somebody and made the offer to him, I have come to get your approval on the pick, but I am pretty sure he is the best choice for our new generation of entertainment."

A silent hush came across the room as Vince wrote the mans name on a piece of paper and started passing it around. Everyone's face more horrified than the next. Finally Monsoon raised the questioned.

"Are you out of you're F'ing mind?"

"What are you talking about?"

"This is... This is like hiring Eric Bischoff! Vince, you're crazy this'll never work!"

"Oh please, he is perfect, he gets the entertainment side of this business."

Sgt. Slaughter passed the paper back to Vince and said, "Vince, I remember he told me to my face 10 years ago he hates you. I mean Vince, he has been miserable for over ten years, there is no way he's gonna do this company any good. The first chance you wanna say something he'll storm off like everyone else."

"He is only miserable because he didn't get what he deserved a long time ago, this is his shot to end on good terms with us. He is what we need. Something big is gonna happen in that WCW soon. Them picking up Hogan means that Bischoff and Turner are up to something. He is creative enough to send us in such a strong direction that it won't effect us."

Monsoon cracks up, "Vince, let me tell you why it won't work. He's creative sure, but he hates, Savage-"

"I hate Savage!"

"Let me finish Vince, he hates the Wrestling product of any promotion today, and in case you didn't hear Slaughter... He hates you!"

"I have had enough of this! We are trying this, if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, but starting Next Tuesday,
Billy Graham
will be our new head booker.

Everyone gave a bullshit slow clap as Vince left.

Sunday morning I got to meet Billy Graham for a brief moment, he said hi and walked off. Needless to say he got a very cold reception that morning... Of course, that was the morning. By mid afternoon he was sitting with Gorilla Monsoon going over past bookings and what should be changed and what shouldn't. And yes of course, they disagreed. Even though that got worked out what happened next was sad. It seemed that the next day Billy Graham had asked Vince to fired 10 workers, and sure enough, he did. Things in the WWF were quickly changing, many were now unemployed who a few days ago were sure they had a good job for the next 10 years. They were wrong, just like I was wrong in assuming anything about this stuff was fake.

Sports Entertainment is a misunderstood term because it's like people miss the word 'sport' all together. In reality, they beat the hell out of each other. Leave it all on the line every night when they wrestle. During my time in the business, I have seen cuts, bruises, lacerations, broken bones and dislocations. On the business side of things, I have seen egos clash, emotional pain, screw jobs, drugs, massive amounts of alcohol, and death. This was the WWF, but more importantly, this was Wrestling.

TOP 5 in the WWF

"Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels -
Heel

Bret "Hitman" Hart -
Face
and WWF Champion

Randy "Macho Man" Savage -
Face

"Bad Guy" Razor Ramon -
Face

The Undertaker -
Face

CHAMPIONS

WWF Champion March 1994: Bret Hart -
Face

Former Champion Yokozuna -
Heel

WWF Intercontinental Champion April 1994: Diesel -
Heel

Former Champion Razor Ramon -
Face

WWF World Tag Team Champions April 1994 The Headshrinkers (Samu & Fatu) -
Faces

Former Champions Jacques Rougeau & Pierre -
Heels

European Championship Vacant

Women's Champion Alundra Blayze -
Face

Former Champion no longer with the company.

Faces

Main Event

Bret Hart

Lex Luger

Randy Savage

Razor Ramon

Tatanka

The Undertaker

Upper Midcard/Midcard

1-2-3 Kid

Bart & Billy Gunn

Bob Backland

Duke Droese

Fatu

Jacques Rougeau

Koko B. Ware

Mable

Mo

Ricky Morton

Robert Gibson

Samu

Sparky Plugg

Typhoon

Undercard

Jim Powers

PJ Walker

Barry Horowitz

Mike Maraldo

Rich Myers

Jeff Hardy

Matt Hardy

Scott Taylor

Heels

Main Event

Bam Bam Bigelow

Diesel

Jerry Lawler

Owen Hart

Shawn Michaels

Yokozuna

Upper Midcard/Midcard

Adem Bomb

Crush

I.R.S

Jeff Jarrett

Jim Neidhart

Kwang

Pierre

Johnny Polo

Rick Martel

Steven Dunn

The Underfaker

The Barbarian

Undercard

Jimmy Del Ray

Mike Sharpe

Reno Riggins

The Black Phantom

Timothy Well

Abe Schwartz

Chris Kanyon

Duane Gill

I know it's early to ask but if you have any comments feel free.
:)

"I didn't know it at first, but looking back now, a shift was happening."

The WWF showed me the insides of what the company was all about. Think about it, being walked through the inner workings of the World Wrestling Federation! It would be any wrestling fans dream come true. What was there slogan for the time, oh yeah 'The World Wrestling Federation, for over 50 years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.' and even though it wasn't said, you could tell that McMahon was defiantly concerned of WCW. Facing facts that they were becoming a force to take notice of. The WWF was setting up for the inevitable war about to break. The only question was, who's gonna fire the first shot?

The WWF was making it a point to be family friendly TV, something of which Billy Graham wanted to tweak. So here was the storylines of the moment. Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart, brother vs. brother. A story of two men wanting the WWF gold but more importantly, Owen Hart was ready to step out of the shadow of his brother to set his own legacy in the WWF.

Then you had, Razor Ramon vs. Diesel and Shawn Michaels as they do battle for the Intercontinental tittle. Though as some would say there was some friction between Shawn and Diesel that was certain to appear. Then the battle of The Undertakers. Paul Bearer's Undertaker vs. The impostor Undertaker as hired by Ted DiBiase.

Then there was Lex Luger accused of being a new member of the Million Dollar Team vs. Tatanka the undefeated machine. Lastly, a Billy Graham special, which had not yet been introduced but would be soon, a feud between Jerry Lawler and Randy "Macho Man" Savage. From what Billy Graham said was to be the best battle of promos in recent history. Would he be correct?

We all sat along with Billy Graham as he booked his first show, and I remember thinking to myself, if he fails even once, he's gone.

Vince stood beside him, "Ok Bill, all you need to do is produce us a great show here. We don't need anything spectacular, it's your first time-"

Billy cuts him off by raising his hand, "Vince, everything you see from here on out, will be spectacular baby."

And he continued to write.

THIS WEEK ON WWF MONDAY NIGHT RAW

Lex Luger vs. Jeff Jarrett

Crush and Adam Bomb vs. The Headshrinkers Non Tittle Match

Yokozuna vs. Randy "Macho Man" Savage special guest at ringside Jerry "The King" Lawler

In Our Co Main Event

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. The Undertaker

Our Main Event

Owen Hart and Shawn Michaels w/ Diesel vs. Razor Ramon and Bret Hart

<p>Just going for personal favourites until I see where you're going with this one...</p><p> </p><p>

Lex Luger vs. <strong>Jeff Jarrett</strong> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Crush and Adam Bomb </strong>vs. The Headshrinkers Non Tittle Match</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Yokozuna </strong>vs. Randy "Macho Man" Savage special guest at ringside Jerry "The King" Lawler</p><p> </p><p>

In Our Co Main Event</p><p>

<strong>Bam Bam Bigelow</strong> vs. The Undertaker <em>(I can dream!)</em></p><p> </p><p>

Our Main Event</p><p>

<strong>Owen Hart and Shawn Michaels </strong>w/ Diesel vs. Razor Ramon and Bret Hart</p>

WWF MONDAY NIGHT RAW JULY WEEK ONE 1994

So Raw began opening pyro with Billy Graham and Gorilla Monsoon watching closing from behind the curtains. A very hold your breath atmosphere as people all over the backstage looked to the crowd for approval. The pyro seemed to go on forever that night until finally...

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Monday Night Raw, we are red hot in the Hartford Civic Center here in Hartford, Connecticut!" Jim Ross yelled out in excitement. Man I don't think anyone could call action quite like him.

"I am Jim Ross alongside Vince McMahon, and the always opinionated Jim Cornette."

"Vince I think Jim Ross should learn a little thing called respect when the greatest manager who ever lived is sitting here at ringside."

"Well, I happen to think that's Bobby Heenan but that's another debate for another time. Vince are you prepared for the action we got in store tonight?"

"I am Jim Ross I mean our explosive main event involving the greatest superstars of today, it'll be the "Bad Guy" Razor Ramon teaming with the WWF Champion Bret "Hitman" Hart to take on the team of the so called "King Of Harts" Owen Hart and of course the "Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels!"

"That is sure to be a barn burner!"

"But let's not forget Vince and Ross that on the outside of that match is gonna be the 6'10 Intercontinental Champion himself "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel!"

"That of course Jim Ross and Jim Cornette is something to be aware of if you are Bret Hart and Razor Ramon. However let's waist no more time and get to the in ring action-"

Vince gets cut off as the first superstar from the back was Bret Hart. He stepped into the ring and grabbed a mic and waited for the hot crowd to settle down.

"You know, it's always great here to be in Connecticut!" A huge pop echoed through the crowd.

"But tonight is a little different because I have a bone to pick with my brother Owen. However I am gonna give it up to him he did win the King of the Ring last night. Like I did last year. I guess what I am trying to say here owen is that, well, you really don't deserve to call yourself the "King Of Harts"."

The crowd greatly cheers for Bret and his remarks towards the new King.

"You see Owen these past few months have been eye openers for me to the fact that for years you've been living a lie. I believe you were wrestling to have our wonderful family name live on. But now it seems like you're in it for yourself. Owen, to me that disrespect not only to me, but to the whole family! And you should be ashamed to name yourself a Hart, let alone the "King" of them."

Soon after Owen's music hit and man, I hadn't heard such a hated response since Roddy Piper fought Hogan.

"Wow Bret, here you are talking about me being in it for myself! How dare you, warp all these peoples minds. Bret you've created this spotlight that you refuse to get out of. If anyone is in it for themselves Bret, it's you! I am not the one, who holds that title, even though I should! I'm not the one, on the main event of event across the world, you are Bret. And do you thank the people who raised you? No! Do you thank the brothers that helped you? No!Do you care about any of these people? No! And it's because of the fact you want the spotlight on you and only you. Everyone knows I am the King of Harts Bret, I know it, you deny it, but it's true."

"See that's where you're wrong Owen, I care about these fans, and I love my family, and for you to disrespect our family by claiming yourself the King makes me sick!"

The fans go crazy chanting Bret's name until they scream in panic as Jim Neidhart creeps up behind Bret and attacks him. Soon after Owen makes it to the ring. After a few shots Razor Ramon comes rushing to the ring trying to save his tag partner from certain injury. As Owen and Jim go running to the backstage, the show takes its first break. Billy Graham's first show starts off well.
B

As we returned from break Billy was grinning from ear to ear as Jeff Jarrett was awaiting his opponent. As Lex Lugers music hit the crowd gave a decent response for him. He stepped into the ring and began the battle.

In a decent match with great crowd heat, Lex Luger won the match by pinfall at 11:23 after having Jeff up in the torture rack.

"Wait a minute, if we take a look at the replay, Vince, Cornette, he clearly tapped before the hold could be properly applied."

Cornette sounding happy, "Well then perhaps Tatanka was right! Maybe Ted found the price of Lex Luger, I was telling everybody but I didn't think I'd be right!"

"I'm sure there is a misunderstanding Jim." Responded Vince.

"How can you say that when the evidence is right there McMahon?" Called out Cornette.

"Stick around we will be back with more after the break." Said Jim Ross.
C+

Once we returned from break things seemed to be going well with no signs of letting up, as Crush and Adam Bomb were about to team up for the first time. They were taking on the headshrinkers.

In a decent match with decent heat Crush defeated Samu at 7:43 with a roll-up after Adam Bomb hit Samu with the tag title belt.
C

"What a great victory for Adam Bomb and Crush, I mat they showed a lot of talent for first timers right McMahon?"

"Cornette you know full well Adam hit Samu with the title and that's why they picked up the victory."

"I didn't see that, you know that my monitor is always terrible."

Jim Ross chimes in, "You're eyes are terrible Cornette, only see what they wanna see!"

As we once again return from the break Jerry Lawler's music hits and he comes down to ringside mic in hand, insulting the crowd until Randy Savage appears. A huge ovation for Savage over powers the constant rants given out by Lawler. Until Yokozuna comes out. Jerrly Lawler continues his mic work all throughout the match up.

In a great match and fantastic crowd heat, Randy Save defeated Yokozuna at 14:56 after a failed distraction by Jerry Lawler. They showed great chemistry.
B

Quickly after the bell Lawler hops in to try and attack Savage. He gains the upper hand until Yokozuna nails Savage from behind. The two men beat Savage until he can defend himself no longer and both men leave the ring. However not before Jerry yells into the mic, "This is just the beginning for you Savage!"
B+

It was late in the game and things were setting into motion, the co main event was about to get under way as Bam Bam Bigelow entered the arena with the Million Dollar Man. Then the lights dimmed as we awaited the arrival of The Undertaker.The fans exploded until of course the Impostor Undertaker arrived. Ted got onto the mic.

"I bet you people were expecting the so called real Undertaker that Paul got into contact with right?" His evil laugh rang throughout the arena.

"Well now, do you believe that this is the real Undertaker? Bought and payed for by the Million Dollar Man!"

The fans continue to boo until once again the lights go out and finally The Undertaker arrives beside Paul Bearer. The match begins,

The Undertaker defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in a great but quick match. The Undertaker beat Bigelow at 6:15 after a choke slam.
B-

"The Undertaker has dominated Bigelow in almost record time, and DiBiase is furious!" Cried Ross with delight.

"No, I can't believe it, that's not the real Undertaker, the one beside DiBiase, that's the real Undertaker I know it is!"

"Well It does not seem so, stick around ladies and gentlemen our main event is up next, don't go away." Vince said as they took their last break.

They returned and many in the back were on the edge of their seats just waiting for a strong finish to a good show. As all four members stepped into the ring the match began with Owen Hart and Bret Hart in the ring. However Owen quickly tags out to Shawn Michaels and the match truly begins.

In a great match featuring great action, Shawn Michaels pinned Bret Hart after distraction from Diesel caused Razor to attack Diesel on the outside leaving Bret Hart on his own. Leading to a superkick by HBK leading to a pinfall at 13:44.
B

The show ends with Shawn Michaels and Owen attacking Bret, quickly joined by Diesel. Soon after, Razor enters the ring to try and help Bret to a huge pop. However the numbers game become to much and the show ends with HBK, Owen, and Diesel standing tall.
C+

Final notes were that the show was great, got an overall B and gained popularity in a few regions in both Canada and America. Shawn Michaels, Diesel, and Razor hurt the show a bit because of their heavy alcohol and drug usage.

The first show was a success, Graham was happy and the overall feeling was that if they kept up this good work, there was more success to come. Superstars was up next, the question was could Billy Graham produce new stars as well as maintaining new ones?

Great work, and I'll be watching. This one definitely takes me back in time. :D

EDIT - Sparky in the midcard sounds justified after all. Just noticed a plethora of jabronis in the undercard, including the teenaged, short-haired Hardy Boyz...

Thank you very much, I appreciate the comments.

Quick Recap

Lex Luger defeated Jeff Jarrett after a very controversial tap out in which the hold was seemingly not applied to Jeff. Tatanka said in a statement after the show that he was right and Lex Luger has been payed off by Ted Dibiase. And that he will confront Lex in the future on this action.

Crush and Adam Bomb defeated The Headshrinkers in non title competition. This moves them up in the slim rankings of the WWF tag division.

Randy Savage defeated Yokozuna however was attacked by Lawler after match. Seems a team is forming.

Bam Bam Bigelow lost to the returning Undertaker in very quick time.

Finally in the main event, Shawn Michaels pinned the reigning WWF Champion Bret Hart in a tag match involving Owen and Razor as you know. It is said that Shawn is now in line for the title, is this gonna rub Owen Hart the wrong way?

Now, I must tell you that I am not gonna really touch on the tv show they had at the time Superstars because to be honest it may slow us down from getting to the important stuff of the WWF. Don't get me wrong Superstars was the building platform for the new stars we have today but Raw at the time was the place to watch. So I will recap that later on. Anyways, they were just two short weeks away from the pay per view, In Your House. So next weeks line up for Monday Night Raw went like this,

WWF MONDAY NIGHT RAW

Irwin R. Schyster w/ Ted DiBiase vs. a newly signed opponent ??? In a simple four man European title tournament match

Bam Bam Bigelow w/ Ted DiBiase vs. Bob Backlund In a European title tournament match

Tatanka vs. Johnny Polo NOTE- Lex Luger has been challenged by Tatanka to sit at ringside. Does Lex accept?

Jim Neidhart w/ Owen Hart vs. Bret "Hitman" Hart

In Our Main Event

Randy Savage vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler

Jaded 2/5

This week 2 points to be added for those able to guess the mystery signing.

And one extra point if you guess right on if Lex will sit at ringside or will not.

Making this weeks potential ranking total x/13

"It took no time at all before WCW fired the first shot."

WCW was airing an episode of WCW Saturday Night, and they introduced a new wrestler to the fold. Roddy Piper. Now for that past week Billy Graham and Vince McMahon were trying to bring him back into WWF. The idea they had was to do a heel run in which would add just a little more edge to the WWF. They wanted to expose a little bit of what was going on behind the scenes and thought Piper would be best suited for the job. WCW however had different plans for Piper and stole him out from under Vince McMahon and Graham.

WCW aired it's show by bringing out Piper. Eric Bishcoff quickly mentioned, "This just proves it, WCW is the place to be, Hulk Hogan and now Roddy Piper! It can't get much better than this fans!" During the opening segment they had told Piper to take a few shots at talent in order to start possible storylines, and just for fun, take some shots at the WWF. He didn't disappoint them, for moments he talked about the WWF being weak. Not what they once were, and, "The WWF is now filled with Piper, and Hogan copiers because they know we built that company!"

Once Vince McMahon and Graham knew of what had happened. Hours went by without any action. The question had come up throughout the locker room the night of Monday Night Raw, and that was, "Had McMahon given up?"

WWF MONDAY NIGHT RAW

Irwin R. Schyster w/ Ted DiBiase vs. a newly signed opponent ??? In a simple four man European title tournament match

Bam Bam Bigelow w/ Ted DiBiase vs. Bob Backlund In a European title tournament match

Tatanka vs. Johnny Polo NOTE- Lex Luger has been challenged by Tatanka to sit at ringside. Does Lex accept?

Jim Neidhart w/ Owen Hart vs. Bret "Hitman" Hart

In Our Main Event

Randy Savage vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler

Hi everybody who is reading. I am very sorry for the delay exams for me are coming up soon. However, I shall be putting the show up tomorrow and if it's long Saturday as well but in the next two days, it shall be up.

Again thanks for watching!

"Things were beginning to change in the WWF."

Monday Night Raw was about to open and Jim Ross had made his way out to the ring. Normally Jim Cornette would come out next followed by Vince McMahon. However, Cornette and McMahon were having a few words backstage.

"Listen Vince you can go **** yourself if you think I'm gonna be working with you. You wanna talk trash about my company when it's well known you can't run your own."

"Get him outa here right now. Go to hell Jim, you're ****ing fired you got that you son of a bitch! You go to hell and take your shitty company with you bitch!"

Jim Cornette runs a little company at the time called Somkey Mountain Wrestling. He and Vince had been battling throughout the past week on trying to work some sort of wrestler trade agreement. It had been said that Jim's company was nothing and Vince couldn't care less about it, let alone work with it. Finally Cornette exploded minutes before going out. As Vince walked out, Billy Graham and others looked stunned as to what to do.

Gorilla Monsoon spoke up, "Well, what are we gonna do?"

Graham just stood there, "I have no idea what should we do?"

Shawn Michaels then approached Graham, "What are we gonna do? Open the show or what?"

Gorilla then asked, "Can't Ross and Vince just do the show themselves?"

Vince then came over the headset, "Billy, you better get someone out here, I am gonna flip my damn lid unless somebody can pick up the pieces out here. Do you understand me?!?"

... ... ...

WWF MONDAY NIGHT RAW JULY WEEK 2 1994

The show opens with absolute excitement and Jim Ross rips through the headset, "Ladies and Gentlemen welcome once again to another amazing edition of Monday Night Raw!"

"Yes we are here jammed to the rafters in the Arrowhead Pond Jim Ross and I am ready for tonight!"

"I am being told our main event tonight is scheduled to be Randy Savage taking on Jerry "The King" Lawler."

"Indeed Mr. Ross that match ought to be a classic that only the WWF can provide."

"Wait a minute I am being told a special guest in about to arrive to join us on commentary Vince."

"Oh really?"

A few minutes go by before Howard Finkel begins speaking, "Ladies and Gentlemen it is my proud honor to have you welcome back a former world champion to the announce position. Please welcome... "Superstar Billy Graham!"

A few seconds for Billy to reach the table to a very positive reaction from the crowd; The show then begins.

The "Heartbreak Kid" Shown Michaels and Diesel walk out to the ring to a course of boos!

"Welcome everyone, to the Heartbreak Hotel! Where you check in but can never, ever leave the same! Isn't that right big D?"

"Ahh, yes Shawn yes!"

"See, I am out here tonight to confront my guest tonight. A pitiful man really, a former champion simply because he couldn't beat Big Daddy Cool. You all know him, he's Razor Ramon."

The crowd goes wild for Razor.

"Yeah, that's just the reaction I expected from losers like you. You cheer for the biggest loser of them all, Razor Ramon!" The fans boo again for HBK.

"Don't you boo me, I'm the Heartbreak Kid, the greatest wrestler today!"

Just then Razors music hits and out he comes to a stunning reaction.

"Hey yo, Kid, you shouldn't be talking to the people about being losers. If it wasn't for the 7 foot dummy behind you man, you would have lost last week."

"See right there Razor, would have! Would have! But I did beat Bret Hart! Right in the center of this ring 1,2,3."

The fans boo again.

"You make a good point Kid, you did do that, but in all fairness Shawn, you didn't beat me!"

The fans cheer again, chanting Razors name.

"And if I may little man, until you beat me, you're a loser." Just then he tosses the toothpick in his face and Shawn begins to freak until Diesel steps forward.

"Listen Razor Ramon," Mocking his accent, "You think you can walk onto Shawn's show and do that to him? You wanna talk about winners, let's think back here a second, who is the one holding the Intercontinental title boys?"

Diesel holds the title over his head a hush comes over the crowd as Shawn looks on with slight resentment.

"That's what I thought, I am, You lost it Razor, and you can blame whoever you want but you know, as well as I do, you lost this belt to me!"

Razor takes moment to think about it, and then nails Diesel in the face with a right hand. Diesel drops the belt and blows are traded as HBK stands back. Razor gains the upper hand and then Shawn picks up the title as Razor looks in full control. HBK sets up to hit Razor but Razor moves just and time and Shawn looks to nail Diesel in the face but stops himself. A quick stare down is seen as Razors music hits leaving the crowd wondering if Shawn and Diesel can function against Razor Ramon.
B-

We return from the break with I.R.S in the ring with Ted DiBiase awaiting the apparent new signing to the World Wrestling Federation. Soon we hear the music of... The British Bulldog! Out he comes to an enormous reaction. This is said to be the first match of the European title tournament.

A good match with good heat from the crowd saw Bulldog win his return match in 10:14 seconds with his signature Powerslam for the pinfall victory.
C-

We head to the backstage as we see Randy Savage standing back in the locker room looking intensely into the camera.

"Jerry Lawler, Jerry Lawler, Jerry "THE KING" Lawler, you call yourself a King but you don't act like one no, no you don't. Because if you did, you would be a man, and a man you are not Jerry Lawler, you get a big man to do your dirty work in the hopes that the Macho Man won't get to you. But Jerry Lawler I am the "Macho Man" Randy Savage and you tonight will step into the ring with a real man and I don't like your chances Lawler, not one bit! So you Lawler better bring all you have because the Macho Man, will be coming after you, OOOH Yeah, OOOH YEAH DIG IT!!!
A

Commercial Break!

Ted DiBiase is back out once again, this time with Bam Bam Bigelow awaiting Bob Backlund.

In a short match Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Bob Backlund. Time of the fall 6:25 seconds. Bam Bam Bigelow looked great in this match having just come off a loss the past week.
B-

Ted celebrates in the ring with Bam Bam and then the lights go out. The crowd begins to cheer wildly for when the lights come back on, The Undertaker is in the ring! And Bam Bam has mysteriously vanished. The real Undertaker grabs a mic.

"You Ted DiBiase, claimed to have found The Undertaker. But you have a fraud. And that comes as no surprise to me because your life is built on lies. Buying whatever you see to make your life look better than what it actually is. You say everyone has a price for the Million Dollar Man, well who did you pay, to be me DiBiase?"

The fans explode and an enraged DiBiase begins to speak.

He turns to the fans, "Shut up!" The fans boo violently. The hatred for DiBiase seems to be becoming a big selling point for the fans. "I said what I meant, and I will say it again, everybody, living or dead! Has a price for the Million Dollar Man! So let me tell you something Undertaker, I don't buy it! I don't buy you being who you say you are. And I don't mean your physical identity Undertaker, I mean you are not who you once were. My Undertaker, is something you can never be, normal! Because he is like every one of these poor saps in the audience, he works, for the all mighty dollar." Ted delivers his evil signature laugh before he continues.

"You see, you were buried, dead and gone at the Royal Rumble, and I watched you rise and I said to myself that night 'I won't be sleeping to good tonight' And I meant it, I haven't slept since and you wanna know why? Because I wanna finish what Yokozuna started. Kill you, and finally end your reign of terror here in the WWF. Undertaker, you have a conscience, his name is Paul Bearer. My Undertaker, has no conscience, that's why I am gonna beat you! The challenge has now been brought to you Undertaker! My Undertaker, against you!"

The Undertaker remains silent, Ted DiBiase begins to laugh once again.

"You see! I told you, you are what I say you are, a coward only controlled by your little manager and that Undertaker, is what will end you. I just can't wait to be the one to do it!"

Ted DiBiase waits a moment as the fans scream foul language to Ted DiBiase before the unthinkable happens. Ted DiBiase slaps The Undertaker and exits the ring quickly leaving The Undertaker... motionless as we go to break.
A*

As we return from break we go to the desk as Vince, Ross, and new to the desk Billy Graham hype the Pay Per View, In Your House.

Jim Ross starts, "My goodness what a show so far and we are only half way. What do you think about the words of Ted DiBiase moments ago Billy?"

"I believe in every word that Ted said baby! He was right to stand up to The Deadman and baby, he proved himself to be an actual threat to The Undertaker much like Ted DiBiase Undertaker."

Vince begins speaking, "Well I believe it's official that Ted's Undertaker is admittedly a fake. What does this now mean? What is Ted's real motive to simply rid the WWF of The Undertaker?"

Ross answers, "That remains to be seen, the next time however you will be able to see us on Pay Per View is next week Sunday. We bring to you In Your House! It has been speculated that the main event will be Bret Hart defending the title against the man who defeated him last week the "Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels can you believe that?"

Billy Graham states, "We better believe it because Shawn has earned it for sure! HBK beat him in the center of the ring he deserves the title shot and he is gonna get it."

Ross ends by saying, "Let's head to the ring now for our next match-up."

First person to arrive to the ring is Johnny Polo to a silent reaction. Then Tatanka enters the arena to a great reaction. He takes a minute to look at the entrance way awaiting Lex luger which gives Polo time to attack from behind the match begins.

A good match with great heat, Johnny Polo stood out as being excellent in this match. The match ended when Polo seemed to have the match well in hand until Lex luger finally came out causing a slight distraction. Then Tatanka would deliver a chop from the top rope and get the pin. However, before Lex went to the locker room Ted DiBiase walked out and looked at Luger with a smile. Then walked back behind the curtain.
C

After a quick break Jim Neidhart and Owen Hart head down to the ring and they wait confidently for the WWF Champion Bret Hart. As Bret comes to the ring the crowd goes wild for Bret who runs to the ring and quickly attacks both me and tosses Owen out of the ring. Then the match begins.

In a great match that featured great action and heat Bret Hart defeated Jim with the Sharpshooter at 12:33 seconds.
B-

After the match Shawn Michaels heads to the ring and tries to go for a Superkick on Bret. Bret catches the foot and trips his up setting up for the Sharpshooter. Just before Bret can turn his Owen runs in and nails Bret in the back of the head with the WWF title and Shawn runs from the ring to the back. Owen remains in the ring and helps Neidhart up, then he raises the belt over the head of Bret before a break.
B+

Howard Finkel brings us back from the break by introducing the two main event competitors. Jerry Lawler enters mic in hand and begins taunting the crowd, a clever one liner was, "You know why this place is called the Arrowhead Pond? Because the Arrow, is pointing all of us more fortunate people out of the pond! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The Randy Savage comes to the ring, fans cheering for the legend as the match begins.

A great main event with solid ring work and excellent crowd heat. Randy Savage wins by DQ when Lawler calls on the help of Yokozuna, which lead to a brutal assault once again on Savage. This time Lawler escapes from the ring and leaves Zuna to attack Savage. The show ends with two Bonzai Drops delivered to Savage leaving him lifeless while Lawler laughs from the top of the entrance way.
B

Overall a good show, it gained a B average with the Match Of The Night being Savage vs. Lawler. Ted DiBiase however stole the show with his segment with The Undertaker. Also on a side note Jim Ross and Billy Graham have great chemistry so we may see that as a regular team on the show.

In short conclusion, another show made, and another success.

<p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">Quick Recap!</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

WCW had been getting more viewers at that time. As a matter of fact even though WWF was putting on better shows Monday nights, WCW was getting way better ratings. That show alone Raw- 5.90 Saturday Night- 6.46.</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

However, WWF was not gonna stop in the battle to win the war. To recap the events of the week.</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

The returning Davey Boy Smith defeats I.R.S to advance to the finals of crowning our new European champion. </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Bob Backlund in quick fashion to meet Davey Boy for the European title. </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Ted Dibiase met The Undertaker in the ring and declared his plan to end The Undertaker once and for all.</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Tatanka defeated Johnny Polo after a distraction from Lex luger. However Ted would briefly make contact with Lex after match.</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Bret Hart defeated Jim Neidhart. After match he stopped the attack of confirmed number one contender Shawn Michaels only to feel the heat from Owen Hart. </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

The main event featured Jerry Lawler losing the match by DQ when Yokozuna hit the ring and dominated Randy Savage.</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Meanwhile on </div></div></div><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="color:#4B0082;">WWF Superstars</span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> two significant events took place.</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Randy Savage still feeling the effects of Yokozuna's attack challenged Jerry Lawler to a match at In Your House. Next Sunday on PPV. </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

And a very impressive feat to send a message to The Undertaker, Ted DiBiase's Undertaker beat the team of the Rock 'n' Roll Express at the same time.</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

In other news outside of the ring, Jim Cornette asked for his release from the company which Vince accepted.</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div></div></div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

This week on </div></div></div><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Monday Night Raw</span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> is the set up for the first PPV under the reign of Billy Graham. And it goes as follows.</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

The Undefeated Tatanka and Davey Boy Smith take on Bam Bam Bigelow and I.R.S two members of the Million Dollar team </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Adam Bomb and Crush new number one contenders take on the Rock 'n' Roll Express</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

The Undertaker takes on Million Dollar Team member Jeff Jarrett</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Lex Luger takes on Jerry "The King" Lawler in the co main event.</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

And </div></div></div><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong>THE MAIN EVENT</strong></span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div></div></div><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>A very special Champion vs. Champion match up as Intercontinental Champion Diesel w/ Shawn Michaels battles WWF Champion Bret "Hitman" Hart</strong></div></div></div></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

QUICK PICKS</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Bam Bam and I.R.S vs. Davey Boy and Tatanka</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Adam Bomb and Crush vs. Rock 'n' Roll Express</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Jeff Jarrett w/ Ted DiBiase vs. The Undertaker</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Lex Luger vs. Jerry Lawler</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Bret Hart vs. Diesel w/ Shawn Michaels</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Fixedsys;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Comments and predictions are welcome.</div></div></div>

Archived