NJ High School Basketball Mod

I don't imagine this will have a ton (any?) appeal, but...here it goes.

This is a high school mod for New Jersey High Schools. It's 20 conferences (state sectional) each with an automatic bid to the NJSIAA consolidated state tournament. (Which isn't a real thing) and you can control the bids to the tourney based on what you think. Lots of interesting named schools in this one, if nothing else.

Some caveats:

- It excludes most charters or "new" schools I didn't recognize.

- All of the schools are in New Jersey, but not in their correct long./latitude. I didn't figure anyone would care. But feel free to fix your specific town if you want.

- Mascots are excluded except for the ones I knew off-hand.

- Because putting teams in conferences would mean that they wouldn't end up feeding to the right state sectional tournaments, I've just created the state sectional groupings as conferences instead. Feel free to create a pre-season tournament that includes your favorite NJSIAA conference if you want to simulate a county or conference tournament. (That's my plan)

- I created a Central Jersey Non-Public A section comprised of schools playing Real Life South Jersey Non-Public B & schools some elite preps that don't play NJSIAA sanctioned ball at all.

I've included a fbcb.ini file with diminished recruits to simulate HS basketball, I imagine tinkering you might find raising the level of play would be better but I intentionally wanted to see if mucking it up like this would be interesting or not.

I fast-simmed a year to make sure there were no crashes. Turn off transfers and all secondary tournaments and it should be good to go.

I set it to a 32-team tournament with each of the 20 state sectional champions being eligible and then enabling another 12 at-large bids, but with over 340 schools you could justify more probably.

My goal was mostly to down and dirty throw it together to 1) see if I could before getting bored and 2) see if it'd work once I did. I might go back someday and improve it.

File can be accessed here in zip format. Extract them into a default leagues folder called NJSIAA or whatever and I was able to start a new league.

Archived