Started From the Bottom Now We're Here: The Reemergence of WCW

As new owner Eric Bischoff sat in his new office in Atlanta, he reflected on everything that had happened over the last few months, how Vince almost took control of WCW, and how he along with Fusient Media Ventures had stolen right from under him. As Eric sat there, a familiar face walked through his office door it was Ric Flair one of the greatest wrestlers to ever live.

“Eric, would you mind if we talked for a minute?”

“Of course Ric, what’s going on?”

“Well, brother I was just thinking, we have a kind of new beginning that doesn’t come around often. We have to fix this company if we want to keep it.”

“I agree, what are you thinking?”

“A shake up, how about a new creative team? Me, you, Arn, and Sting. What ya think?”

“Sounds pretty good Ric. Call all of the guys and tell them to meet me here tomorrow to discuss plans.”

“Great, I’ll let them know”

Ric leaves the office

Bischoff knows that Flair is on the right track, a creative team of veteran wrestler, no BS no politics, just what’s best for the wrestling organization. Bischoff also knows that some of the egos in the back need to be straightened up as well, so he maps out the following schudeulle of meetings.

Tomorrow April 1st 2002

Creative Meeting 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM

Meeting with ABC About a TV deal 12:00 to 2:00

WCW Talent Meeting 4:00 to 7:00

Archived