Diary PDFs

please post requests with links, requests with out links will be ignored.

Links to Diary PDF's:

Angeldelayette's USPW a slow ride to the top

BHK1978's RIPW: The Ballad of Henry Lee

Big Papa 42's SWF - Generation Supreme

d_w_w's MDC2: The Battle Rages On

James Casey's MAW 10 simple rules - File also create by James Casey

James Casey's SWF: Who is Richard Eisen?

J Silver's USPW - 65 and older get in for free

Mcshamrock's Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling

Monkeypox's Mark Cuban Does DaVE!

Nevermore's ECW: Worldwide

No Neck's Secrets of the Ring Volume 1

No Neck's Secrets of the Ring Volume 2

No Neck's Secrets of the Ring Volume 3

Phantom Stranger's TCW A Quiet Retirement

Scapino's SWF - This Means War.pdf

Self's Frontier Combat Kingdom

Future requests:

[thread=157471]Angeldelayette's USPW - What? This Again?[/thread] - RAW

[thread=51450]Angeldelayette's USPW: Long Hard Road From Cult[/thread] - RAW

Scapino's MWA

Shipshirt's MAW diary from 2007

Eisen-Verse's PSW: The Evolution of Greed

Eisen-verse's WAR On The Vegas Strip...

[thread=78107]Nobby's TNA game:[/thread] - RAW

[thread=47697]Zeel1's TCW Diary?[/thread] - RAW

James Casey's SWF: Supreme

[thread=20515]Battle lines have been drawn.What if the NWA struck first....[/thread]

[thread=21194]World Wrestling Federation: From Montreal To Attitude[/thread]

[thread=46137]WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T)[/thread]

[thread=39102]Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002)[/thread] - RAW

As Always a thank you after downloading is appreciated! :)

[thread=36338]Hall of Records[/thread] - a link to a lot of celebrated content.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for doing this! These are great to read on my iPad when I'm off the grid.

I'd actually love a guide for how to do this, just so that I can back up my own!

how to pdf a diary

1) go through the diary and pull every single post by the author (I do this with a program I wrote to parse the pages, oddly enough it's written as a macro in an excel workbook)

2) use a pdf printer to print the singly saved out pages (I use bullzip with the setting set to custom, to auto name and put the files in an certain order, based on the post count number)

3) go through every page to determine if it is "part of the diary" or an ooc post that should no longer be part of the diary (things like vote pages, or results or responses to personal statements are better left out, as there is no context for that in a non interactive form. they of course stay in, if they "part of the story' type post

4) use a tool to take all of the pages that have made the cut and bind them together as one pdf (I use PDfill, but I am sure there are other tools that would do the job. often I have to bind smaller sub sets of say 100 post together, and then bind the 3 or 4 large peices together, to prevent an error in the process from killing the job)

I hope this helps. :cool:

how to pdf a diary

1) go through the diary and pull every single post by the author (I do this with a program I wrote to parse the pages, oddly enough it's written as a macro in an excel workbook)

2) use a pdf printer to print the singly saved out pages (I use bullzip with the setting set to custom, to auto name and put the files in an certain order, based on the post count number)

3) go through every page to determine if it is "part of the diary" or an ooc post that should no longer be part of the diary (things like vote pages, or results or responses to personal statements are better left out, as there is no context for that in a non interactive form. they of course stay in, if they "part of the story' type post

4) use a tool to take all of the pages that have made the cut and bind them together as one pdf (I use PDfill, but I am sure there are other tools that would do the job. often I have to bind smaller sub sets of say 100 post together, and then bind the 3 or 4 large peices together, to prevent an error in the process from killing the job)

I hope this helps. :cool:

Hey, thanks! I have no such program nor can I figure out how to automate just pulling a single user's post, but I found even doing it manually it's easier to dump it all as raw text into something like OpenOffice or Word and print to PDF from there - surely that would be simpler?

Hey, thanks! I have no such program nor can I figure out how to automate just pulling a single user's post, but I found even doing it manually it's easier to dump it all as raw text into something like OpenOffice or Word and print to PDF from there - surely that would be simpler?

:D simpler is a relative statement

No matter how you do it, scanning the some times 1000's of post in a diary takes time.

The export to HTML, makes editing the format easy. Plus I can strip some of the grey dog framing off the page, and do text editing with little fuss.

print to PDF then retains the lay out. cut and pasting to word programs often kills or alters formatting lay out and other HTML features.

Is my way Simpler? Probably not, but you asked for a step by step, so i gave you my steps.

For WIRE (and Supreme) pdfing them is easy enough - they're both in Word documents, fully formatted and ready to go. They lack pictures, but until and unless mistaken get's very bored they should do as a stopgap. I'll try and do them soon.

In the meantime, and with all credit to the original compiler, Scapino's SWF diary can be found at http://rapidshare.com/files/507166472/SWF.pdf

For WIRE (and Supreme) pdfing them is easy enough - they're both in Word documents, fully formatted and ready to go. They lack pictures, but until and unless mistaken get's very bored they should do as a stopgap. I'll try and do them soon.

In the meantime, and with all credit to the original compiler, Scapino's SWF diary can be found at http://rapidshare.com/files/507166472/SWF.pdf

James,

Do you mind if I down that and reup it with the rest? just so they are all in one place. (commense scolding for all eggs in one basket . . . got burned on that with megaupload)

Nice compilation you've got there, mistaken... any classic real world diaries?

Diaries like TFC's ROH game:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39102

or Nobby's TNA game:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78107

Stuff like that... Those two are basically the ones I came up with when I joined GDS, so if there are other ones, maybe you can add 'em to my wish list? :D

Downloaded FCW and 10 Simple Rules- thanks mistaken, this thread is invaluable as a source of old ideas on presentation and storylines. I think you deserve the thanks of every writer in this board for your work on archiving some of the classic dynasties this game has produced.

Good News, Bad News, Good News

Good News: I started working on Nevermore's ECW: Worldwide

Bad News: the Excel program I use just won't work anymore (not sure why)

Good News: I went and looked into PHP command line, and i have rewritten the script, and it works better faster and stronger than ever.

More Good News: I am going to try and turn the code into an executable, so that you can all use the tool!

offer to any author, I will run the script on your sites, zip the contents and post them up for you to grab.

you can then filter through them, and do one of two things.

1) pdf it up your self, and make it available

OR

2) Get the files back to me an I will PDF the pages and assemble and put them up on upload hero.

hit me with a PM if you are interested. please include the link to each diary you want done.