RCW: From the Ground Up

Reckless Championship Wrestling

(NOTE: Well this is the first dynasty-type posting I will be making. I love reading everyone else’s so I figured I’d post also. Even if no one really reads, this will be mad fun)

In late 2011, life-long wrestling fan Jon Edney thought it would be great to be able to be hands on, in a world of more drama than wrestling. His desires to actually pursue a wrestling career were hindered by a knee injury in high school, so Edney always sat on the sidelines, and enjoyed watching. He began thinking a lot about starting a wrestling promotion, with the thoughts of where it could go with determination and hard work. After a while, he began talking with his cousin “Big Perm” from Tennessee, who had a 1-2 year stint with some local wrestling promotions in his area, but nothing ever came from it.

Fast forward to January 2013, and Edney’s dream is now a reality; Reckless Championship Wrestling is now an active wrestling promotion in the Metropolitan Detroit area. With plans to run a monthly show in the Detroit area, Edney and his cousin have managed to get working agreements with multiple local talents, and they now prepare the booking for their first show.

Reckless Championship Wrestling

January 24, 2013 7pm EST

Taylor Sportsplex, Taylor, MI

Advertised Matches Include:

Giant Brody vs. Gram Gorman

Marvel Malloy & Storm Spillane vs. The Paratroopers (Paradox & Paradigm)

Taylor Kidd vs. Buzz Reid vs. Cerberus vs

Anders Thunder vs. Alan Parent

*Card Subject To Change

Archived