WCW '94: War of the Thrones

Official Program - Clash of the Champions 1994

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWClash.jpg

WCW Clash of the Champions 1994

LIVE from the Greensboro Coliseum!

The first Clash of the Champions presented ONLY on Pay-Per-View!

WCW United States championship!

Stunning Steve Austin vs. Johnny B. Badd w/Teddy Long

WCW World Television championship!

Lord Steven Regal w/Sir William vs. The Patriot

WCW World Tag Team championship!

Kevin Sullivan & Cactus Jack w/Dave Sullivan vs. The Nasty Boys w/Jimmy Hart

Non-Title Grudge Match!

Hollywood Hogan vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Ric Flair's championship shot hangs in the balance!

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair & "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson vs. Two Unnamed Members of the Kings of Wrestling!

The Next Chapter in this Epic Feud!

Sting vs. Vader

Questions need Answers!

"The Natural" Dustin Rhodes vs. Meng

Will Brian find his Acceptance?

Ron Simmons vs. Flyin' Brian

Returning Legends against Upstart Youngsters!

Rock 'n Roll Express vs. Harlem Heat

Hollywood Hogan and the Kings of Wrestling say they will do something that will rock WCW to it's core!

Who will Colonel Robert Parker have as his new Stud Stable?

A huge announcement from Commissioner Nick Bockwinkel!

Card subject to change.

------------------------------

QuickPicks

14 points in total

Ric Flair & Arn Anderson vs. The Kings of Wrestling

Stunning Steve Austin vs. Johnny B. Badd

Lord Steven Regal vs. The Patriot

Kevin Sullivan & Cactus Jack vs. The Nasty Boys

Sting vs. Vader

Dustin Rhodes vs. Meng

Tiebreaker Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the show?

What will be the lowest rated match of the show?

There WILL be turns on this show. How many?

How many titles (out of 3) will change hands?

Will the new Stud Stable have any championship members by the end of the show?

---------------------

Thanks to everyone who are bearing with me, I've felt so horrible for not having the past show and this preview up a few days ago. I'll try to have the Clash up sooner, I promise.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone who are bearing with me, I've felt so horrible for not having the past show and this preview up a few days ago. I'll try to have the Clash up sooner, I promise.

Wasn't it under a week between shows? That doesn't seem like anything you need to apologize for, especially with the quality of the shows themselves.

-Non-title or no, I just can't see Hacksaw beating Hulk in a million years.

-Your comment about turns got me thinking about an Arn double-cross, and the idea won't go away now that it's there.

-The new manager gives Johnny's character an interesting wrinkle, but I think the Ringmaster should keep the belt for a while yet.

-A draw is also a distinct possibility.

-I don't think Kevin & Jack will have the belts much longer, but I just don't see the Nasties taking them for some reason.

Sting vs. Vader

-Really any result is possible here, but no matter what, this feud is just getting started.

Dustin Rhodes vs. Meng

-Brian's only chance might be if Ron loses his cool like he did in the tag match.

The new (old) comers should probably win.

Tiebreaker Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the show? Sting/Vader

What will be the lowest rated match of the show? RnR/Harlem Heat

There WILL be turns on this show. How many? Let's say 3?

How many titles (out of 3) will change hands? Based on my picks, guess I have to say zero.

Will the new Stud Stable have any championship members by the end of the show? Yes; I see Stunning Steve being the crown jewel of the Stable.

Sting vs. Vader

Dustin Rhodes vs. Meng

Tiebreaker Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the show? Sting/Vader

What will be the lowest rated match of the show? Rhodes/Meng

There WILL be turns on this show. How many? 2

How many titles (out of 3) will change hands? 0

Will the new Stud Stable have any championship members by the end of the show? Yes, one.

Wasn't it under a week between shows? That doesn't seem like anything you need to apologize for, especially with the quality of the shows themselves.

Yeah, under or roughly a week... I dunno, just feel like I'm not being productive enough. I've realized my problem is likely that I just have so many ideas, that I want to rush my way to them, when I'm really doing just fine. :p

Oh, and I realized I didn't post the prediction standings.

BHK1978: 12/15

NWAvsWWF: 12/15

RKOwnage: 11/15

The Final Countdown: 7/10

Henderson: 5/6

alvarasus: 3/6

Gentleman Raven: 3/5

Yeah, under or roughly a week... I dunno, just feel like I'm not being productive enough. I've realized my problem is likely that I just have so many ideas, that I want to rush my way to them, when I'm really doing just fine. :p

Oh, I know ALL about that. I just want Summerslam to GET HERE ALREADY, but I've still got 8 weeks of TV & 1 PPV to get through first. :(

Sting vs. Vader

Dustin Rhodes vs. Meng

Tiebreaker Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the show? Vader/Sting

What will be the lowest rated match of the show? Nasty Boys/Jack& Sullivan

There WILL be turns on this show. How many? 2

Will the new Stud Stable have any championship members by the end of the show? Austin

Oh, I know ALL about that. I just want Summerslam to GET HERE ALREADY, but I've still got 8 weeks of TV & 1 PPV to get through first. :(

I have plans in mind built up until Starrcade 1995... yeah, I so need to keep working to get all my ideas out :p

The only saving grace in this match is Cactus Jack.

Sting vs. Vader

Dustin Rhodes vs. Meng

Tiebreaker Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the show? Not the Hogan/Duggan match that's for damn sure.:p I shall go with the others and say Vader/Sting

What will be the lowest rated match of the show? Meng/Dustin though the Nasty Boys match will probably be pretty bad as well.

There WILL be turns on this show. How many? 1

Will the new Stud Stable have any championship members by the end of the show? Yes, Steve Austin

Sting vs. Vader

Dustin Rhodes vs. Meng

Tiebreaker Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the show? Sting/Vader match would be obvious. But I think Flair/Arn VS Kings of wrestling might surprise with the best.

What will be the lowest rated match of the show? Austin/Johnny B Badd

There WILL be turns on this show. How many? 0

Will the new Stud Stable have any championship members by the end of the show?

I've been lurking for awhile. Thought I would say very nice job your doing here B. Looking forward to where your going here.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWClash.jpg

Announcers: Tony Schiavone & Jesse "The Body" Ventura

Held LIVE from Greensboro Coliseum (Mid-Atlantic)

Attendance: 30,000 (sell out)

Buyrate: 2.74

Rating: B+

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="

http://www.youtube.com/embed/4WwzYhVL5Sc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RobertFuller.jpg

This new theme song brings out a smiling Colonel Robert Parker to the ring. He fans himself with his handkerchief as he takes the microphone from the ring announcer. He says that he told everyone that a new and improved Stud Stable was to be announced, and he is going to now announce his "prize stud". He gives a big, overblown introduction, before bringing out "From Hollywood, California, 253 pounds of purebred Stud, the WCW's United States champion! Stunning Steve Austin!" Austin's music hits and he comes sauntering out to the ring. It looks like Badd may have gotten himself a manager in Teddy Long, but Austin found on in Colonel Parker!

Rating: C

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWUS.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/SteveAustin.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/RobertFuller.jpg vs. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/MarcMero.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/TeddyLong.jpg

WCW United States championship

Stunning Steve Austin w/Colonel Robert Parker vs. Johnny B. Badd w/Teddy Long

After Badd and Long make their way to the ring, the opening match of the night begins. These long-time rivals know one another well after having various matches against one another, and rather than lock up they instantly go to throwing punches at one another. Badd gets the better of that, noted by Tony as "a former Golden Gloves winner", and he forces Austin back into the ropes. This brings Colonel Parker up onto the ring apron, and Johnny gets distracted briefly, swinging at the Colonel! That quick moment however gives Austin the chance to kick Badd in the knee, and he takes him down with a headlock takeover. Long comes over and jaws at Parker, who raises his hands in innocence while fanning himself more. Austin has now taken control, and he seems to be building toward his That's a Wrap hold. He holds Badd's leg up and viciously kicks at it, locking in a kneebar before dropping down as if giving Johnny's ankle a DDT! Badd's head pops off the mat as he screams in pain, but he drops back again when Austin kicks him in the face from the prone position!

Jesse Ventura approves of such tactics, as Austin starts putting the hurt on Badd. He backs off and comes in with a kneedrop to Badd's face, and then goes over to hit the ropes and land another one onto the left knee itself. Badd looks to be in some serious pain already, but he kicks out at two when Austin goes for a pin. Austin hooks a rear chinlock, shaking Johnny's head around violently while smiling at a beaming Colonel on the outside. Tony Schiavone wonders why Austin would go back to being under Parker after he so recently left his charge, and Ventura speculates that when Parker wanted to rebuild the Stable, maybe he just called in a favor to Austin to lend the new group some good name recognition - after all, it's not as though they parted ways badly. Badd starts to come back as Long is pounding on the ring apron, getting the fans into the match on his client's side. Badd gets to his feet and hits Austin three times in the stomach to break the hold, and tries to run the ropes but Austin grabs Johnny by the hair and pulls him back down to the mat! Referee Mickey Jay warns Austin about the hair pulling, but he laughs him off.

Austin gives a little bit of camera reel to Badd as he climbs to his feet using the ropes. He looks for the Stungun, but Badd wriggles out of it before hitting a desperation haymaker! Austin drops like he got shot, and rolls out of the ring. Parker comes over to fan him off with the handkerchief, but they both get laid out when Badd comes over the top rope with the Badd Mood somersault plancha! Johnny is feeling it now, although he is visually hobbling after the impact on his leg. He fires Austin into the ring, knowing full well that he has to defeat the champion to get the title. After a quick pinfall attempt that only gets a two, Johnny looks ready to capitalize. He picks Austin up and fires him into the ropes, hitting a big standing dropkick! After another two count, he picks Austin up again and shoots him to the turnbuckles, and sets him in a seated position on the top. He climbs up in front of the champion, and poses for the crowd quickly. Mickey Jay's focus leaves the ring though, as the two managers are looking ready to scuffle outside the ring - Tony says that knowing Parker, who knows what he said that has Long so riled up. Cause it's a reference to how it is a Southern man and a black man, ya see. Badd hits the super frankensteiner that he calls Badd Day, and Austin stumbles to his feet right into the Kiss that Don't Miss! Badd is gonna put this away and get the United States title!

DIAMOND CUTTER!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/DDP.jpg

Badd goes down as Diamond Dallas Page slides out of the ring on his stomach and hides next to the ring. Austin crawls over.... 1! 2! 3! They screwed Badd out of the win!

Winner and STILL WCW United States champion: Stunning Steve Austin

Rating: B-

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/SteveAustin.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/DDP.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RobertFuller.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/KimberlyPage.jpg

Colonel Parker, Steve Austin, Diamond Dallas Page, and the Diamond Doll meet at the top of the entrance ramp, and Parker has a microphone again. He proudly introduces the two cornerstones of the new and improved Stud Stable - United States champion Stunning Steve Austin, and Diamond Dallas Page! They all stand and laugh at Badd, who is inconsolable as Teddy Long tries to talk to him, as the Diamond Doll looks on with pursed lips.

Rating: D+

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWTV.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/StevenRegal.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/SirWilliam.jpg vs. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ThePatriot.jpg

WCW World Television championship

Lord Steven Regal w/Sir William vs. The Patriot

The Patriot seems to be pumped up as his new entrance music of "Born in the USA" fades, and he is a house of fire right out of the gate, as he immediately begins taking it to his Lordship. The big brawler uses all his might and speed to mute the technical prowess of the champion, hitting big right hands which rock Regal, as the crowd gives him a "USA" chant. He sends Regal into the ropes, but he stops himself and slithers through them to escape to the outside. Patriot, not wanting to see a time limit draw like his partner Marcus Bagwell did two weeks ago, goes right out after him. He chases Regal around the ring, and Regal hides behind Sir William, who begs off from The Patriot - only to get a right hand of his own! Sir William is down and out of it! Regal flees back into the ring, and he tries to hit Patriot on his way in. But it has no effect! The Patriot is feeling no pain, as he knocks Regal down with one shot! He sends him into the turnbuckles, and hits a big running clothesline on the champion; a pinfall attempt only gets a two. Tony speculates that Patriot is so fired up because of the things Regal was saying on Saturday Night. Jesse just says that his Lordship needs to start dictating the pace of this match better, instead of letting it become a brawl like The Patriot wants it to be.

Lord Regal's smarts finally take center stage after a few more near-falls from Patriot. Patriot puts Regal into the turnbuckle again, but when referee Brady Boone blocks Patriot from using his closed fist, Regal slips a European uppercut under the jaw of the masked man! Patriot is staggered, and Regal takes immediate advantage. He takes Patriot down by the leg and starts to stretch him out on the mat, locking in armbars, chinlocks, and with every move he can, he forces either his elbow or knee into Patriot's abdomen, digging in at pressure points in order to keep the challenger in as much pain as possible. Regal attempts a few pins as well, each time rubbing his forearm disdainfully across Patriot's star spangled, masked face.

The match reaches it's climax with only two minutes left until the TV title time limit kicks into effect. Patriot rallies back after catching a quick back body drop to put the champion on the defense, and he's up to do the ten punch in the corner. At about seven, Sir William comes to and gets on the ring apron, yelling at Patriot over his attack. Patriot gives him a warning, before then reaching out and grabbing William by the lapels. This, however, gives Regal time to catch his breath, and he reaches up and pulls Patriot's mask to the side! The Patriot can't see, and the champion rolls him up to get the three count and retain the Television championship! Schiavone says that it's all Sir William's doing, but "The Body" crows about how after he attacked Sir William last week and then earlier in the match, Patriot got exactly what he had coming to him!

Winner and STILL WCW World Television champion: Lord Steven Regal

Rating: C+

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/DustinRhodes.jpg vs. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Meng.jpg

"The Natural" Dustin Rhodes vs. Meng

These two have had an odd rivalry, which Tony tries to recap; while Meng was working for Colonel Parker, they had troubles with Dustin Rhodes. Then, once Rhodes was going to get his hands on Parker, Meng attacked Parker and left Dustin feeling as though he didn't get what he earned. Now, Dustin has been trying to find out why. Meng has not given any answers, and so Dustin wants to beat an answer out of the Tongan for hire. Jesse says simply "Good luck beating anything out of Meng, he's one tough customer". Dustin is game though, as he locks up with Meng. Meng easily sends the young Rhodes into the ropes, but only feints a kick, showing that he's only toying with the boy. Dustin gets mad at the mere thought of that, and he walks over and slaps Meng across the face! Meng's eyes go wide, and he rushes Dustin with a flurry of punches and kicks that send Rhodes into the turnbuckle! It takes referee Mickey Jay to separate the two, and Dustin nods as if to say that's how he wants it! The two then begin brawling with one another, something they both do very well, as punches and kicks fly between the two men. Meng gets the better of that exchange, until Dustin ducks under a roundhouse kick and tackles Meng to the ground! He starts punching at him, until Meng rolls Dustin off of him. The two look as though they're at a standoff!

The match eventually spills to the outside, where Meng again shows that while Dustin's heart may be his biggest strength, Meng's brawn and toughness can never be overlooked. The big Tongan sends Dustin from post to guardrail, and kicks him in the stomach while Rhodes lays with his ribs exposed on the guardrail. He sends Dustin careening into the wooden steps, and they shift with the impact of Dustin's body against them. But that shift is nothing, compared to what comes next. Meng rushes forward, and he's planning to use his head as a battering ram - but Dustin moves, and Meng's head crunches through the wooden steps! The Tongan's unnaturally hard head is actually fazed, and Rhodes quickly capitalizes, firing a dazed Meng into the ring and coming off the second rope with a bulldog to get a surprising three count!

Winner: "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes

Dustin pulls Meng to his feet and pushes him into the turnbuckle, as the Tongan for hire starts to regain his bearings. But he's still a bit dazed, as Rhodes claps him on the temple with a big slap! Rhodes starts screaming at him, saying "I want to know! Give me my answers!" Getting nowhere with that approach, Dustin leaves the ring and goes under it, and he pulls out a bullrope! He trips Meng from the outside and starts to tie his feet with it, and he's working on hogtying the bodyguard! But Meng is saved, from an unlikely source....

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/JimmyHart2.jpg

KoW manager Jimmy Hart comes from behind Dustin and bashes him in the back of the head with his megaphone! He unties Meng's feet, and starts yelling at him to "Get him! Get him!" Meng obliges, and when Dustin starts to stand, he grabs him with the Tongan Deathgrip! Meng puts the pressure to Rhodes, putting him down on the mat. Was this Dustin's answer all along - is Meng's new employer the Kings of Wrestling?

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWWorldTag.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/CactusJack.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/KevinSullivan.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/DaveSullivan.jpg vs. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BrianKnobbs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/JerrySags.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/JimmyHart2.jpg

WCW World Tag Team championships

Cactus Jack & Kevin Sullivan w/Dave Sullivan vs. The Nasty Boys w/Jimmy Hart

For their first match back on American soil, Jimmy Hart accompanies the Nasty Boys to ringside. Jerry Sags starts the match with Cactus Jack, and the two try to push one another around the ring. Jack pushes Sags into his corner, but Kevin is talking to Evad outside, and isn't paying attention. Cactus, not so much a thinker but a do-er, simply takes this time to forearm smash Sags down to the mat. Knobs starts complaining to referee Randy Anderson, but it's to no avail, as Cactus has done nothing wrong. Jack keeps on Sags, as he brings him into a short-arm clothesline. Cactus bodyslams him and goes to the middle turnbuckle, coming off with a double axe handle when Sags gets to his feet. Commentary think that maybe the Nasty Boys would have some jet lag from their travel.

The tide of the match changes dramatically when Cactus runs the ropes and goes for a clothesline over the top rope, as Sags grabs the top rope and drops, causing Cactus to go crashing to the floor! Sags makes the tag to Knobs, and from there the two of them let out all the - pun intended - nastiest offense that they can muster. Hair pulls, chokes, double teaming, the Nastys are all over Jack. Kevin Sullivan keeps the crowd on Jack's side from the apron. Sags goes up top for his flying elbow, but Cactus moves! He crawls toward the corner to tag, but Sullivan jumps the gun, running into the ring and shoving Knobs when he tagged in! Knobs goes out of the ring, and Randy tries to get some order, but it's useless. The four men are all in the ring, and he really gets taken out of sorts when Jimmy Hart jumps on the apron. Cactus hits a double arm DDT on the legal man, Knobs, and tries to go for a cover. But he gets hit in the back with a chair...

....by Dave?

Cactus is hurt, but he's not down; instead, he's just confused. He stands up and starts to question Evad, when Kevin comes over and takes the weapon from his brother. Sullivan starts to yell at his "slow" brother, saying that he didn't do it, he messed it up! Cactus agrees with him, nodding his head, and Kevin says to Evad "You have to do it like this," before slamming the chair between Cactus's eyes! The Sullivans vacate the ring as Knobs throws an arm over Cactus, and the Nasty Boys win the World Tag Team championships for the KoW!

Winners and NEW WCW World Tag Team champions: The Nasty Boys

Kevin and Evad slide back into the ring, and both the Nasty Boys and the Sullivans start putting the boots to poor Cactus Jack. They kick him out of the ring, then turn to face one another.... and everyone shakes hands! Jimmy Hart laughs, getting a microphone and introducing the two newest members of the KoW - Kevin and Dave Sullivan!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BrianPillman.jpg vs. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RonSimmons.jpg

Flyin' Brian vs. Ron Simmons

Brian has almost no chance whatsoever right off the bat. Simmons immediately rushes him and starts throwing him around like a ragdoll. Picture practically every powerful move that you can imagine, and "Big Ron" is busting it out. Flyin' Brian has angered the big man, and that is not an enviable position to be in. The fans get behind Pillman, feeling sympathy, but even they cringe and turn ice cold at the raw display from the former All-American. However, Brian just keeps getting back to his feet.

Ron eventually starts to tire of throwing him around, and decides that it may be a better course of action to start systematically breaking the young man's spirit. To do this, he picks Brian up into an overshoulder backbreaker, twisting around and squeezing the air out of Pillman. Jesse Ventura says that both of these men are actually former All-Americans, and that while Simmons looks like more of a football star, Pillman has the heart and determination to make anything happen - so long as he gets out of this hold.

Brian uses that determination, the will to be a Hulkamaniac, and he starts pounding on Simmons's hands, trying to break the grip. When that doesn't seem to work, he starts raining elbows down on Ron's head. Pillman gets Simmons beaten enough that he manages to backflip down to his feet, and he runs to the ropes. Instead of hitting them, he springboards off the middle rope, turning in mid-air, and hits a bodypress! The fans come back to his side, probably just amazed that he's still alive enough to do such a move, and Pillman starts to climb back to his feet. He goes to the top rope and waits as Simmons gets to his feet, and he flies with a missile dropkick! Pillman goes for a cover!

But Simmons powers out so strongly that Flyin' Brian flies out of the ring!

Ron gets back up and goes out of the ring to meet him, and he shoves Brian back against the ring aprong. He grabs him by the chin and screams at him "I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS!" He punches him in the jaw to momentarily daze him, then backs off. Ron gets into a three point stance and rushes forward, but Brian moves - the momentum slams Simmons's head and shoulder into the ring apron! Flyin' Brian slides back into the ring, at the count of 9 - Simmons isn't moving by Nick Patrick's count of 10! By the skin of his teeth, Flyin' Brian wins the match!

Winner: Flyin' Brian (by countout)

Rating: B

Brian finds out that he won and is ecstatic! He starts jumping around the ring in celebration, as Ron begins to come to on the outside. He shakes his head to get the cobwebs out, and realizes that Pillman's music is playing. Simmons - is - PISSED. He lets out a loud "DAMN!" which Tony immediately apologizes for, and starts to get in the ring. But he's stopped....

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Sting.jpg

...by Sting!

The Stinger tells him not to, says to just go to the back, Ron, let the kid have his moment. Simmons puts his hands on his hips and starts to comply, and Sting slides into the ring. Brian sees him and gives him a big hug, celebrating his win. Sting smiles and raises his hand, asking him if this is what he wanted. But he doesn't get a chance to answer, as Ron Simmons is back with a big wrench! He smacks Brian in the back of the head with it, knocking him down and out instantly, and then hitting Sting in the midsection with it, shoving him down to the mat. Ron stomps on Brian, yelling at him "This ain't over, kid! This ain't over!" as security start to come out to make sure he leaves the ring.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/EricBischoff.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/BobbyHeenan2.jpg

We go backstage where some of WCW's other commentators are around, Eric Bischoff and Bobby Heenan. They talk for a little bit, Heenan making some especially sharp comments about how he knew it was only a matter of time before "The Guardian Angel" Bubba Rogers would show his true colors and follow Hollywood Hogan, he says that Rogers has been nothing but a follower since the beginning of his career.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/GordonSolie.jpg

Gordon Solie is also backstage, and he talks about how everyone needs to call the WCW Hotline for all the backstage news, WCW catalog gifts, and Saturday Night previews. He says that we now go over to the office of Commissioner Nick Bockwinkel, for what should be a huge announcement, one which was hinted at on the WCW Hotline a few months ago.

Rating: C-

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/NickBockwinkel.jpg

Nick Bockwinkel is behind his desk, and there is a big box in front of him. He says that tag team wrestling is synonamous with WCW; teams like the Rock 'n Roll Express personify how much teams have always meant to the southern fans back in the 80s, and he was so glad to see them come back to WCW now. He says that they have been in contact with a lot of other wrestlers to become the next generation of tag teams in WCW, and a lot of them have agreed to join the fold. He says that with this in mind, he doesn't think one set of World Tag Team championships will be enough for everyone. So, as he opens the box, he says that he is instituting the return of the WCW United States Tag Team championships! With that, he sends us back out to the ring, for some great tag team action!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWUSTag.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RickyMorton.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RobertGibson.jpg vs. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/StevieRay.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BookerT.jpg

The Rock 'n Roll Express vs. Harlem Heat

Robert Gibson starts this one against Booker T. Booker instantly starts running his mouth at Gibson, telling him that "you old men" need to stay out of their way. Gibson listens and nods, but fires a punch! Booker rocks back, not expecting it, and Gibson goes on the attack. He fires Booker into the ropes and clotheslines him down on the rebound, then runs the ropes himself for a shoulderblock. Robert is looking good in his first match back in WCW, as he sends Booker to the ropes again, but Booker slides outside. Robert celebrates in the ring as Booker T catches his breath. When Booker comes back in, he tags out to Stevie Ray. Big Stevie flexes in order to try and intimidate Gibson, but he's fought Russians before - he doesn't scare easily. The two lock up, and Gibson puts on an arm wringer. He turns it into a hammerlock, but Stevie pops him with a back elbow. Stevie now runs the ropes, but Gibson ducks his clothesline and hip tosses him over! Booker comes in, but so does Morton, and Ricky hip tosses Booker down too! Stereo dropkicks send both of Harlem Heat tumbling from the ring, and the Rock 'n Rolls are on fire tonight!

Referee Randy Anderson restores order, and Morton and Ray are back in the ring with Booker and Gibson on the outside. They lock up, with Stevie now hooking in an arm wringer. Morton starts to roll out of it, but when he kips up, Stevie levels him with a back heel kick! He gets a two count, and then locks in a front facelock. He keeps Morton down on the mat, Anderson making sure it doesn't become a choke. Stevie gets up and pulls Morton to the Heat corner, and tags out to Booker. Booker clubs Ricky in the back before taking over. He hooks him in the face with a quick punch followed by a spinning kick to the midsection, then slams him down to his back by the hair. Morton gets a few short comebacks, but every time, one or the other member of the Heat take him right back to the mat. Eventually Booker hits the chinlock, grinding on Ricky as Robert tries to get the fans to clap and cheer to get Morton back into the match. Ricky starts getting to his feet, feeling the crowd and getting pumped up as they chant "Rock 'n Roll! Rock 'n Roll!"

Ricky breaks the hold by shoving Booker into the ropes. Morton ducks the clothesline, and catches Booker with a big dropkick! Morton's path is clear, and he tags out to Robert, who comes in with big rights for both members of Harlem Heat! He slams Booker down with a bodyslam, and the same for Stevie Ray! The crowd are into it, but the numbers get too much. The Heat try a double back body drop, but Gibson stops his run, kicking Stevie in the face and hitting Booker with a facebuster! Tony says to listen to these fans, the crowd support right now is unbelievable for a team that haven't been featured well on national television in three years. Jesse says that he guesses rock and roll is here to stay, no matter how long it's been! Gibson and Morton tag back out, and it's a huge brawl. Booker takes back over on Gibson, hitting him with a jumping side kick, while Stevie and Morton throw punches in the other corner. Numbers start working in their favor again, as Harlem Heat set up Morton for the Big Apple Blast. Booker runs the ropes, but Gibson pulls the top rope down, sending Booker T crashing to the outside! He comes in and dropkicks Stevie Ray over, Morton rolls him up in a sunset flip! Booker can't get there in time, and they get the three!

Winners: The Rock 'n Roll Express

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RobertFuller.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ShanghaiPierce.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/TexSlazenger.jpg

We head backstage, where Colonel Parker is in great spirits after the way the night started, when he's approached by Shanghai Pierce and Tex Slazenger. Pierce says that they've been championing the cause of joining the new Stud Stable all month, but Parker hasn't told them what's happening. He says that it's great he got Austin and Page involved, but he should have a team, as well, especially with the new US Tag titles that are being introduced. Parker just laughs, saying that he found out that he didn't need them - he already has a team, and they're right here. Pierce and Slazenger turn around, and they get attacked - by the Armstrongs!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BradArmstrong.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BrianJames.jpg

Brian and Brad assault and lay out the two big Texans, with Brad looking as though he isn't really into it as much as his younger brother. Parker crows with laughter, asking why he would want two big, dumb, loser Texans, when he could manage members of one of the greatest wrestling families that ever walked the glorious South? The three walk off, leaving the Texans down on the floor.

Rating: D-

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/HulkHogan2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RoddyPiper.jpg

The sounds of "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)" bring out Hollywood Hogan and Roddy Piper. The fans boo loudly at the World Heavyweight champion and his first-in-command, and they wait for everyone to quiet down before talking. Hogan says that he can't wait to see the Kings of Wrestling destroy Flair and Anderson later tonight and make Flair unable to get a title shot at Fall Brawl. Hogan says that it's a travesty that he's being put on this early in the show, but Nicky Bockwinkel is trying to powerplay him, since he isn't defending the World title. Hogan says that's fine, because he still has two big surprises for everyone. And it's time to bring out surprise number one - the new Queen of Wrestling!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Queen.jpg

The Queen comes bouncing out from the back, and she shakes hands with Piper and Hogan, who kisses her hand before laughing. He says that only someone like himself is good enough to get such company, and she is going to stand at his side just to prove that Hollywood is not only the best wrestler, but also the best man in the world! Piper goes backstage then, as Hogan and The Queen walk down to the ring.

Rating: B+

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/HulkHogan2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/Queen.jpg vs. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/JimDuggan.jpg

Hollywood Hogan w/The Queen vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Hacksaw starts by threatening to hit Hogan with his trusty 2x4, but referee Nick Patrick warns him against it. Duggan sets the board down in his corner (telling it to "stay") and the two lock up. Duggan wins the initial test of strength, surprising Hogan and getting the crowd into a loud "U-S-A!" chant. They circle around one another, and lock up again, this time Hogan shoving Duggan off before posing, Tony saying that like him now or not, he does still possess those twenty-four inch pythons that gave him such fame. Hollywood knees Duggan in the stomach and locks in a headlock, squeezing Duggan's head (Ventura quips "He can squeeze all he wants, he won't hurt that hard head") before punching him multiple times when Patrick isn't looking.

Hogan takes over for awhile, using every bit of cheap offense he can muster. He rakes Duggan's back, uses the ropes to assist in a chinlock and then abdominal stretch, and he jaws at the crowd constantly, telling them "This is no hero! I'm your hero!" Duggan keeps trying to fight back, but as Tony says, this new side of Hogan is nothing that anyone has ever been prepared for. Hogan chokes Duggan against the ring ropes, breaking at the count of four. Hollywood gets a little too cocky on one particular pin, however, and Duggan is able to slip his arm up and pop him in the mouth! Hacksaw goes on the offense, sending Hogan into the ropes and hitting a big shoulder tackle! He whips Hogan into the turnbuckle and starts punching away at him, as The Queen screams in agony from the outside. Duggan bowls Hogan over with a big clothesline, and Hollywood in turn starts begging off!

However, when Hogan starts begging and pleading with Nick Patrick, it takes Nick's eyes off the ball. The Queen comes in and bashes Duggan in the back with his own 2x4! Duggan drops to his knees, and she slides out of the ring, leaving Hogan ample opportunity to send Duggan into the ropes for a big boot, one big Hogan running legdrop later and the match is over.

Winner: Hollywood Hogan

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Sting.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/GeneOkerlund.jpg

As Hogan and Queen leave the ringside area, we head backstage to Mean Gene, who is standing by with the man they call Sting! Okerlund asks Sting for his thoughts going into tonight's match. Sting replies that a lot of things are on his mind - he thinks over his past wars with The Monster Vader, he thinks over the past month and how someone attacked him and took it away, he thinks about Hollywood Hogan and the Kings of Wrestling; he says sometimes he still wonders if Ric Flair is really on the up-and-up! Sting says that of all the things he thinks about, he thinks about getting a shot at the World Heavyweight championship again, and if the path to the top takes a detour through the Rocky Mountains, then he'll go to those mountains and fight the monster that lives in them! Okerlund asks then about the attack earlier by Ron Simmons. Sting says that yeah, he is a little banged up. But he's ready to go out there and give it his all for the Little Stingers. He ends the interview saying that he may have a few butterflies in his stomach, but they represent fears he's conquered before, and monsters that he is going to conquer again!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Sting.jpg vs. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Vader.jpg

Sting vs. "The Monster" Vader

These two men know one another very well, and it shows instantly. Vader goes right for the big, hammering blows, while Sting works his footwork in order to hit and run. Sting is fired up for this match though, and he kicks Vader against the ropes and gives him a flurry of punches and chops until the big man falls through the ropes to the floor! Sting is psyched, yelling a loud "OWWWWW!" to the crowd, before leaving his feet and hitting Vader with a big plancha! However, it hurts Sting almost as much as it did Vader, as Sting's ribs seem to be bothering him, and it doesn't take Vader long to realize that. As the two men both get to their feet, Vader sees the proverbial blood in the water, and he rushes forward, tackling Sting's back right into the ring apron!

Vader throws Sting into the ring to break Randy Anderson's count, and he drags him halfway out of the ring, facedown over the apron. Vader then proceeds to bash his forearm against Sting's kidneys, damaging the afflicted area even more. He grabs Sting by his arms and pulls him across the apron, making him slide ribs-first into the turnbuckle post! Tony Schiavone starts calling for the match to be called off now, as Jesse says that this was what Sting wanted, if he was hurt he should have forfeited the match earlier. Vader gets into the ring and he shoves Sting into the corner, hitting a flurry of punches to his chest, midsection, and face. As Sting crumples in the corner, Vader grunts out a "Who's the man?!" to the fans, who boo loudly. A chant starts to rise up for Sting, but Vader silences them quickly by splashing Sting in the corner! Vader goes for the cover, and gets a two count before Sting barely gets his shoulder off the mat.

"The Monster" decides not to waste a lot of energy, and he lifts Sting into a bearhug! The torture on the ribs is astounding, as Vader whips Sting around like he was a small child. Sting screams in pain. He tries to slip his arms in between Vader and his body, but Vader whips him around again, before lifting him off his feet! Vader now has complete control of the bearhug, and Sting is doing everything he can to not submit! He grabs Randy Anderson's shirt and squeezes it as a way to relieve the pain, and his pulling even tears through the shirt! Anderson lets it go, and Sting starts tugging at Vader's mask. He pulls the mask off and starts biting it, anything he can do to get that pressure relieved. He finally throws the mask down, he reaches back, and he punches Vader! He punches him again! And then he bites Vader's nose! Randy Anderson starts telling him to stop, but Vader drops Sting before he gets disqualified!

Sting starts punching Vader again, sending him back against the ropes. Sting runs to the opposite side, getting a head of steam, but Vader is waiting for him, and he slams him down with a belly-to-belly suplex! Vader quickly goes for a pin - only two! Vader is up like a shot and he spins Sting over, hooking in a boston crab! Vader punishes his opponent, as Sting crawls desperately to reach the ropes. Sting gets close enough to touch them, when Vader gets up and pulls him away, before hooking in an STF! Sting is again trying to crawl to the ropes, when Vader lets up, this time dropping an elbow down onto his back. Another elbow, and Vader turns Sting over, going for another pin, and getting another count of two. Sting looks dazed, and Vader picks him up. He hooks Sting to go for a suplex, but Sting blocks it - small package! Sting gets a two count, and now Vader is incensed!

He shoves Sting into the corner again, but Sting dodges when Vader charges, making the big man crash into the corner! Sting has found his second wind, and he hits the ropes before driving Vader's head down with a running facebuster! He grabs Vader's legs and looks like he wants to lock in the Scorpion! The fans cheer loudly, as Sting starts to step through - but Vader is just too strong, and he simply shoves Sting off with his legs, halfway across the ring! Vader starts to get back to his feet, but Sting is there to meet him with punches and kicks to try to keep the big man down. Vader keeps shoving Sting off, but like a pitbull he keeps coming back. Vader finally tires of this and forearms Sting in the weak ribs, and that causes Sting to drop to one knee in pain. Sting starts backing up away from Vader, who closes in on him quickly. But Sting had a plan, and he grabs Vader by the tights, pulling him down face-first into the turnbuckle! Sting gets to his feet and charges, hitting a Stinger Splash! Vader falls forward, as Sting ascends to the top rope - he feels the Little Stingers cheering him on, and he leaps, dropping on Vader with a huge splash from the top rope! Sting is in a lot of pain, but he hooks the leg - Randy Anderson counts three! Sting has won it!

Winner: Sting

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RicFlair.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ArnAnderson.jpg

As Sting celebrates his big win in the ring, we head backstage briefly to see "Nature Boy" Ric Flair and "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson. They look to be getting ready to walk to the ring for their match. But even they don't know who they'll be facing off with yet!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RicFlair.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ArnAnderson.jpg

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair & "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson vs. The Kings of Wrestling

Tony reminds us of the stipulations for this match - if Flair or Anderson get the win, then Ric Flair will get a match at Fall Brawl against Hollywood Hogan inside a steel cage. If they lose, then Flair has to get in line along with everyone else in WCW. Jesse says that while that doesn't sound like a huge risk, there are a lot of people in WCW and even from outside WCW who would love a shot at that World Heavyweight title. He namedrops people like Sting and Vader, Ron Simmons, Ricky Steamboat, even Jim Duggan would probably like another chance to face Hogan for the title. He adds that he wouldn't be surprised to see the day that Piper himself turns on Hogan for a shot at grabbing the gold.

The sounds of Van Zant's "I'm a Fighter" brings out "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff, and he stops at the side of the ring as the bagpipe strains of "Green Hills of Tyrol" bring out Roddy Piper himself! The crowd stir in anticipation, as Tony notes, this will be the first anybody has had a chance to get their hands on Piper since he joined WCW a month ago.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/PaulOrndorff.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RoddyPiper.jpg

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Hot Rod" Roddy Piper

Ric Flair starts the match against "Mr. Wonderful". Jesse talks about how Orndorff likely wants revenge for the loss to Flair on Saturday Night, and Paul certainly looks like he's fired up. Flair offers a handshake, but pulls back and brushes his hair, getting under Orndorff's skin a little, but not enough to rattle the veteran. They lock up, and Orndorff gets the better of Flair, pulling him into a headlock. Orndorff cranks on the head of "The Nature Boy" until Flair pushes him off to the ropes. They collide, each trying a shoulder block, and neither man gives an inch. Flair and Orndorff tie up again, and this time Flair drops Orndorff with a drop toehold, and Flair points out how when Orndorff stands up, he's still favoring the leg a bit from their match on Saturday Night. Flair backs to his corner and tags in "The Enforcer".

Arn comes in and locks up with Orndorff, and he puts "Mr. Wonderful" into a hammerlock. Orndorff reaches down and tries to trip Arn, and when he doesn't, he reverses the move. It's been a very technical match so far, and that continues as Anderson flips Orndorff over with a snapmare. The two athletes get in one another's face at the stalemate, and the crowd show their appreciation for the good technical action with some light applause. That ends quickly, as when the two look to lock up, Orndorff pokes Arn in the eyes and takes him over with a headlock takedown. Orndorff hooks in an armlock, and Arn starts to feel some pressure as Piper on the outside is quite happy. Tony wonders if Piper is planning on tagging into this match at all, and Jesse says that obviously he will, but as one of the leaders of the KoW he is probably afforded the luxury of picking his spots.

After a few minutes of Orndorff working Anderson over, he hooks him in an arm wringer and does tag in Piper. Piper comes in and axe handles down onto Arn's shoulder, and he starts punching away at him, Ventura bringing up Piper's boxing past. Piper pokes Arn in the eyes, then whips him to the corner in order to punch at him some more. Nick Patrick tries to get in between to give Arn some separation, but Piper uses it as a distraction for Orndorff to get in a few cheap shots. When Flair steps in to complain, Piper turns and mule kicks Anderson low! The two swap out illegally, and Orndorff takes over again. He works over Arn's neck and shoulder, which Jesse says could be leading up to either Orndorff's jumping piledriver or Piper's famed sleeper hold. Anderson keeps getting in short bursts, for example when Paul goes for the piledriver prematurely, Arn back body drops out of it. Another time being Arn ducking under a clothesline attempt from Orndorff and when he turns around, Anderson blasts him with that famous left hand!

After a corner charge from Mr. Wonderful goes awry, both men are down and crawling toward their respective corners. Orndorff makes the tag, but before Piper can get there, Flair gets tagged in as well! The crowd go nuts, as this means Piper can't hide anymore - he's actually going to have to fight someone who can fight back! The cheers intensify when Flair blocks a right hand and fires back with his own, rocking Piper back to the ropes! Flair takes Piper down with a bodyslam and drives the point of his elbow into Piper's forehead, causing the Scot to convulse around on the mat! Flair goes for a pin, but Orndorff shoves him off at two. Flair kicks Orndorff in the knee, aggravating the pain from the other night, and then Flair turns back to Piper, walking toward his downed body and pinpointing a kneedrop to his face! Piper rolls to his feet and Flair grabs a headlock, before punching him repeatedly! Patrick goes to get Orndorff out of the ring, and Flair uses that time to hit a low blow on Piper, a receipt for the earlier abuse to Arn!

Piper gets a lucky cheap shot on Flair and makes a quick tag, but when Orndorff tries a clothesline, Flair ducks and grabs him from behind, hitting a big backdrop! He grabs Orndorff's leg and quickly turns it into the figure four! Piper comes in to try and break it up, but out of nowhere, SPINEBUSTER! "The Enforcer" lives up to his nickname again, and he rolls Piper out of the ring as Orndorff can't take any more, and he submits!

Winners: Ric Flair and Arn Anderson

Rating: A

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/HulkHogan2.jpg

Flair keeps the punishment on Orndorff for a few moments, before letting up on him. Just as he does though, he's struck by a bag! Hollywood Hogan snuck out from the back in all the commotion and has taken Flair out with a bagful of something! On the outside, Arn is out as well, and Piper has a piece of wood in his hand that he used to do it. Hogan and Piper help Orndorff to his feet, as he mouths how sorry he is. Hogan can be heard on camera saying "We'll get to you later" before he hits Flair with a big legdrop! He picks Flair up and shoves him to Mr. Wonderful, who kicks Flair in the stomach and hoists him up, planting him with a jumping piledriver! Flair isn't moving, but they still aren't done - Piper picks him up and locks in a sleeper hold, as Orndorff forcibly takes a microphone and hands it to Hogan.

"We promised you all, we said that the Kings of Wrestling are going to go out on top of this show! We said we have a surprise for you, something me and 'Hot Rod' cooked up, that will shock you all to your core, shake WCW down to it's little knees! You people don't know who you're messing with! I don't give a damn about your tradition, only about what I get out of it, and as far as I'm concerned, I don't have anything from it! This company was nothing before me, and I'm gonna show you all what we think of it!"

Hollywood Hogan gives the bag to Orndorff, who lifts up.... a can of spraypaint! Orndorff offers it to Hogan, as Piper throws down Flair. Hogan gives the World Heavyweight championship to Piper and Orndorff to hold each side of it, and he shakes up the spraypaint, as Tony and Jesse both sound like they're going to be sick - and Hogan spraypaints the World championship! The crowd are booing like crazy now, and Tony talks about how much rich tradition is in that title, and how much they're spitting all over it! Hogan then uses the paint on the back of Flair, marking him with "K o W" along his spine. The show fades to the credits on the image of Hogan, Orndorff, and Piper, despite their loss in the main event, standing tall, holding aloft the defaced World Heavyweight championship.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWWorldKoW.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWlogo.jpg

---------------------------------------

CotC Prediction Results

Highest rated match: Flair/Arn vs Piper/Orndorff, netting an impressive 91 (A) rating. I've been highly impressed by Orndorff after the past two matches I had him in.

Lowest rated match: It actually was Regal vs Patriot, by a margin of three points, or it would have been the Tag titles match. Regal/Patriot got a 67.

Number of turns: I feel very Russo in saying this, but I feel like all of them were built toward somewhat - there were five turns on this show. Both Sullivans turned to heel members of the KoW, Slazenger and Pierce turned face, and Brad Armstrong to heel to join the Stud Stable.

And as everyone seemed to figure on from the start, Steve Austin did indeed take his US title to the Stable.

RKOwnage: 7/14

NWAvsWWF: 7/14

BHK1978: 6/14

Coop: 6/14

The Final Countdown: 5/14

Even with tiebreaker questions, we still had a tie :p Since there were so few predictions, I'm just going to filter these into the month's predictions, which I will calculate and post tomorrow along with the next Hotline. So until tomorrow night, hope you all enjoyed this show!

Another really strong PPV, in terms of both the booking and the write-up. There may have been a lot of turns, but I bought into all of them (even if I do have a hard time picturing Evad Sullivan as a heel.)

The Stud Stable is much improved, but their theme song is always going to remind me of James "by god" Gibson tearing the house down in Ring of Honor. :)

WCW Hotline: August 1994, Week 4

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWHotline.jpg

WCW Hotline; August Week 4, 1994

Press 1 for WCW Fall Brawl control center!

Press 2 for an announcement regarding next month's WCW tapings!

Press 3 for information regarding some new faces in WCW!

Press 4 for WCW Saturday Night preview!

Press 5 for last week's ratings breakdown!

Press 6 for backstage information out of Clash of the Champions!

Press 8 for WWF Monday Night Raw results!

Press 9 for a WCW Catalog gift!

Option 1: Fall Brawl control center!

The main event of WCW Fall Brawl '94 is now written in stone, as Hollywood Hogan will defend the World Heavyweight championship against "Nature Boy" Ric Flair inside a fifteen foot high steel cage! Keep watching WCW programming and calling the WCW Hotline to find out what other matches you will be in store for at Fall Brawl '94!

Option 2: Next month's WCW television tapings!

Next month, World Championship Wrestling's tapings of Saturday Night and The Main Event will be occuring on Saturday nights, as we at WCW work to give you all the most action your money can buy!

Option 3: New faces in WCW?

WCW are pleased to announce a few new faces will be turning up soon! In the very near future, we will gladly introduce you all to Japanese high flying sensation Hayabusa! He will be working with us alongside his other commitments. We also understand that WCW have been in contact with another tag team who haven't been seen in a few years on television, one who will not only be looking to regain the United States Tag Team titles, but also will likely want to have words with the Stud Stable! And another big signing coming out of the north, as WCW have stolen ANOTHER tag team right out from under the WWF's noses! Who could they be? Keep your eyes on WCW programming and you'll see firsthand!

Option 4: WCW Saturday Night preview!

Clash of the Champions is now behind us, and what a huge rift it left in WCW! The Kings of Wrestling have "left their mark" so to speak, on both Ric Flair and the WCW World championship. What reaction will WCW have, and especially Flair himself? Hogan and Piper may not know what kind of can of worms they've opened! They're due to be on hand, as Hogan and his Queen intend to host a celebration.

Ron Simmons was furious after his match against Flyin' Brian, and he took it out on both Brian and Sting! Sting wants revenge, and he gets it in the main event, when he takes on Simmons!

Hacksaw Jim Duggan may have fallen short against Hollywood Hogan at the Clash, but he intends to get back in the thick of things, as he takes on the KoW's Guardian Angel, Bubba Rogers!

The Sullivans turned their back on WCW by giving away the World Tag Team championships to The Nasty Boys, then joining the KoW! Kevin takes on "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes, who is looking to avenge WCW's honor!

All this and more, at 6:05 PM Eastern only on The Superstation!

Full Saturday Night card

Sting vs. Ron Simmons

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. "The Guardian Angel" Bubba Rogers

Kevin Sullivan vs. "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes

WCW World Television title: Lord Steven Regal w/Sir William vs. Marcus Bagwell

Bad Attitude vs. The Rock 'n Roll Express

"Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright vs. Bunkhouse Buck

Option 5: Last week's ratings!

WCW Saturday Night drew in a 6.44 rating on TBS! And a 0.61 for Main Event. Did anybody watch Raw? Anyone? Their rating dipped to a 5.78. No shock there.

Option 6: News from after the Clash!]/U]

We saw a few things backstage after the show. Ric Flair was called, in a word, awesome, for how well his match came together. Paul Orndorff was also praised for his performance in it; he may be getting on in years, but if given the chance to shine, he's taken it the past few shows. Flyin' Brian as well was complimented, as his match with Ron Simmons was better than expected.

Option 8: That Other Wrestling Show!

The August week 4 Raw taping had two very good matches, sure; but we all know they won't amount to much. Bret Hart wasn't even in the main event. His match with Bam Bam Bigelow was one of the finest you'll see on free television... unless you watch Saturday Night. Yokozuna sat on Randy Savage, good call on jobbing him out, Vince. Hey Randy, call WCW. We'll treat you like a wrestler, not like a cushion.

Option 9: A Gift from the WCW Catalog!

Send a postcard with your name, address, and size with the number given after the tone for 50% off Slam Jam Vol. 1!

--------------------------------

Prediction Standings

BHK1978: 18/29

NWAvsWWF: 19/29

RKOwnage: 18/29

The Final Countdown: 12/24

Coop: 6/14

Henderson: 5/6

alvarasus: 3/6

Gentleman Raven: 3/5

Last show of August, which will round it out to 35 points to those who stuck with it all month. I'll warn you now, the prize isn't going to be anything exceptionally lucrative; but it'll be worth something, I hope.

Sting vs. Ron Simmons

I see no need to ever give M.A. Bagwell any titles or wins for that matter.

As much as I like Bobby Eaton, I think the R'N'R Express need more wins to re-establish themselves now that they have returned.

Wow this match is going to suck...:D

Sting vs. Ron Simmons

Sting vs. Ron Simmons

Sting vs. Ron Simmons

I'm not at all happy with the hotline. I am still waiting for my refund of 77.38 this is totally outrageous sir. :p

WCW Television: August 1994, Week 4

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWSaturdayNight.png

WCW Saturday Night

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan, & Dusty Rhodes

Held from: RiverCenter (Mid-West)

Attendance: 10,000

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RoddyPiper.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/PaulOrndorff.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/GuardianAngel.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Butcher.jpg

After some still frames from the Clash of the Champions, we see backstage where Roddy Piper is there alongside Paul Orndorff, Bubba Rogers, and The Butcher. Piper says that after last night, the KoW may have stood tall at the end, but they need to keep looking to the future - because thanks to a "slip up" in the main event, Ric Flair has Hollywood at Fall Brawl. He gives Orndorff a bit of evil eye, and "Mr. Wonderful" starts to talk but Piper tells him that Hollywood will be here later to talk to him specifically. He says that most of the members have their orders, and now they just need to follow them. He says that pretty soon, nobody in WCW will even want to stand up to them, because WCW aren't nearly as good as all of they are.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BobbyEaton.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/SteveKeirn.jpg vs. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RickyMorton.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RobertGibson.jpg

After an introduction from commentary, our opening contest begins. These four men know one another well, and it shows, even if the crowd aren't as into it because it was pretty foregone conclusion from the start. Morton covers Keirn following a double dropkick.

Winners: The Rock 'n Roll Express

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/StevieRay.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BookerT.jpg

After the match, the RNR Express are in the ring waving to the fans, when Harlem Heat rush in! Booker and Stevie take them by surprise and beat Morton and Gibson down to the mat, before nailing both of the veterans with Big Apple Blasts. This feud is just heating up more and more!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/SteveAustin.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/DDP.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/RobertFuller.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/KimberlyPage.jpg

The sound of "A Country Boy Can Survive" brings United States champion Stunning Steve Austin to the ring, and he's flanked by his new companion in the Stud Stable, Diamond Dallas Page. They're followed out by Colonel Parker and the Diamond Doll. Austin gets on the microphone and says that while Clash of the Champions will probably end up being remembered for the Kings of Wrestling's actions, history will show it as the show of the Stud Stable! Yet another challenger had his brush with greatness, and yet another challenger was found wanting. He says how WCW and Nick Bockwinkel keep throwing all these people at him over the past few months, Ricky Steamboat, Johnny B. Badd, it hasn't mattered, because none of them have been able to beat Austin, and that's why he's the crown jewel of the Stud Stable, alongside DDP. Parker applauds to both of them, and he tells Diamond Doll to do the same. She does so almost sarcastically. But the love-in eventually gets interrupted...

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/MarcMero.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/TeddyLong.jpg

....as Johnny B. Badd and Teddy Long come out! They stay at the top of the entrance ramp, and Johnny says that they got one over on him, again, but if he gets another chance, like say, at Fall Brawl, he'll take that title from Austin! Austin laughs at him, shaking his head. He says that Johnny used up both of his chances already, and he has to start from the bottom again. But, he does say that if Badd wants some of the crown jewel, Page has an open dance card for Fall Brawl. Badd says that he'll be happy to put DDP's lights out, and it's agreed - at Fall Brawl, Diamond Dallas Page finally meets Johnny B. Badd!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/HulkHogan2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/Queen.jpg

Tony sends up to some footage that's just come in, and we see Hollywood Hogan and his Queen in the back of their stretch limo. The Queen is rubbing Hogan's shoulders, as he talks about how at the Clash, WCW got to see how little he's really always thought of them and their World title. Now he has to face Flair again, but that's just going to be one more embarassment for "The Nature Boy" because anyone knows that just because you can put Hogan in a cage, doesn't mean you get an easy night.

(ouch, even with her high point in it, apparently a segment with anyone rated on sex appeal is murder)

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/JeanPaulLevesque.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/GeneOkerlund.jpg

Back in the arena, Mean Gene Okerlund first shills the WCW Hotline, and he brings out the French blueblood Jean-Paul Levesque. Levesque says that he's been pretty quiet on Saturday Night for awhile now, but he talks about how over on The Main Event, he's been racking up win after win after win, and before WCW realizes it, he'll already be at the top.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/AlexWright.jpg vs. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/JimmyGolden.jpg

Buck puts up a pretty solid fight, but "Das Wunderkind" has been cutting a path through everyone in WCW thus far, and this match is no different. Buck gets some advantage through some dirty tactics, but in the end it's Wright coming off the top with a missile dropkick and then a German suplex for the three count.

Winner: "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/HulkHogan2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/PaulOrndorff.jpg

We're off backstage again to see Hollywood Hogan being pleaded to by Paul Orndorff. Orndorff says that he knows that Clash of the Champions was his fault, and he'll take responsibility, but he says to give him another chance, and he'll show the Kings that he does belong. Hogan is cryptic, saying that "The Trinity aren't happy, brother; but I know what you're capable of. You just have to live up to it." Orndorff says to give him anything, he'll show that he's not only still worthy to be in the KoW, but also show that he's still "Mr. Wonderful". Paul asks to get a shot at Dustin Rhodes, but Hogan says that "Rhodes is off the table, dude," to which Orndorff doesn't understand but he's still eager to please. Hogan tells him "Look, Wonderful - I got Butcher on somethin', and I'll put you on that detail too. You two pull it off, and we'll be square again, brother. But if you fail, then that could be it." Orndorff says to give him the details, and with that we go back to the ring.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWTV.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/StevenRegal.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/SirWilliam.jpg vs. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/MarcusBagwell.jpg

WCW World Television championship

Lord Steven Regal w/Sir William vs. Marcus Bagwell

Last time these two met, they had a draw. This time, Lord Regal didn't waste any time in taking young Bagwell to the learning post, and he made sure that Bagwell would know by the end that their previous result was a fluke happening. Marcus starts to rally at a point late into the match, but just when things looked like Regal could be in trouble, Sir William jumped up and threw his umbrella in, which Regal used to smash Bagwell and get the win.

Winner and STILL WCW Television champion: Lord Steven Regal

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/ThePatriot.jpg

Lord Regal and Sir William are in the ring stomping on Bagwell, and Regal locks on the Regal Stretch. He looks like he wants to send him a message, that Stars 'n Stripes need to stay out of his business. But they get right back into his business, as The Patriot comes charging out from the back! He knocks William out of the ring as Regal breaks the hold and slips away. Patriot helps his partner back to his feet.

Rating: D-

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/StevieRay.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BookerT.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/GeneOkerlund.jpg

Mean Gene is back with Harlem Heat, and they're laughing about what transpired earlier tonight. Stevie says that "If them old guys thought this was over, they need they heads checked!" Booker says that this ain't the 80s, and the Heat aren't about to lay down just because they lost a match. Instead, they're gonna come back harder than before. He says how Harlem Heat do respect the Rock 'n Rolls for what they've done in wrestling, but this is THEIR time, and the RNR are just a bunch of old men standing in the way of a hot young team!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RickyMorton.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RobertGibson.jpg

Just then, Ricky and Robert bust into the room, and it's a wild brawl! Okerlund gets out of there and starts calling for security, as the "old men" end up running the Heat off!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/JimDuggan.jpg vs. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/GuardianAngel.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/JimmyHart2.jpg

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. "The Guardian Angel" Bubba Rogers w/Jimmy Hart

Free of being shackled to getting the fans's cheers (read: he's got a real horrible rating as a face), Bubba Rogers is sure to be extra mean in this match. Rogers uses his size advantage and pushes Duggan around for the whole thing, although Hacksaw riles back up every time in this wild brawl. Duggan gets a second wind at the end, but when he tries for the three point stance, he gets tripped by The Butcher from the outside! Rogers has Randy Anderson's attention as Paul Orndorff slips into the ring and hits Duggan with a piledriver. Rogers, almost just as an insult to injury, whips Duggan to the ropes and hits a side slam before getting the pin.

Winner: "The Guardian Angel" Bubba Rogers

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Vader.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/GeneOkerlund.jpg

Backstage with Mean Gene again, and he brings in the big monster, Vader. Gene asks Vader about his ongoing feud with Sting, and Vader says that he's doing this for WCW - he thinks Sting is in league with the Kings of Wrestling, and he's going to continue beating on Sting until he admits to helping them! Vader gets interrupted though, as a businessman walks over to him. The man is Japanese, and he asks if he could shake Vader's hand, saying he's been a huge fan for a long time. The man says that he has a few "connections" that, if Vader really wants to punish Sting, could come in very handy. Vader first says that he can take care of things on his own, but he says that he's all ears, as the two walk off together.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/HulkHogan2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/BrianPillman.jpg

Hollywood Hogan is backstage, and he sighs a little when from across the hallway, Flyin' Brian gets his attention. Brian comes over, almost bursting with joy, as he asks Hogan if he saw his match at the Clash. Hogan tells him that he's sorry, but he didn't, as he was preparing for his own match at that time. Brian deflates a bit, and he says that he did like Hogan asked, he beat Ron Simmons. Hogan tells him that the KoW aren't impressed enough, since it was only by countout. So he has to do it again. Pillman gets a determined look, and he says that he'll do it, for the Hulkster!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/KevinSullivan2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/JimmyHart2.jpg vs. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/DustinRhodes.jpg

Kevin Sullivan w/Jimmy Hart vs. "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes

Sullivan is looking to prove himself as a new member of the Kings of Wrestling. Dustin is wanting to get his hands on any member of the KoW right now, but especially Jimmy Hart and Meng. The two have a solid, if unspectacular, match against one another, but the ending is the best part, as breaking through security and rushing the ring is Cactus Jack! Almost as soon as Kevin sees his now former partner, he takes off out of the ring and through the crowd, with Cactus hot on his heels wielding a shovel! Brady Boone has no choice but to count him out and award the match to Dustin.

Winner: "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes (by countout)

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/DustinRhodes.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Meng.jpg

Rhodes is in the ring as Boone raises his hand. He doesn't like not having a clear victor in the match, but the victory is nice. When out of nowhere comes Meng! He plants Rhodes in the face with a savate kick and hammers punches on his face, before locking in the Tongan death grip! This one isn't over yet by a long shot! Jimmy Hart gets in the ring and gets Meng to let go of the nerve hold. Meng stands over Dustin before security come out and escort them away. Dusty has some rather "choice words" for what just happened, he obviously doesn't like what he's witnessed.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/CactusJack.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/KevinSullivan2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/DaveSullivan.jpg

Tony says that he's getting word from the back, and we go out to the parking lot to see Kevin Sullivan still running, and Cactus Jack still right on his back. Kevin finds Dave, who he throws in the path of Cactus. Jack stops short for a moment, not sure where Evad stands... until Kevin yells at Dave to "get him!", and then he kicks Cactus and slams him facefirst into the wall! As Kevin comes back and puts stomps to Jack, Evad starts asking his brother if he did good. Kevin double stomps Cactus, and he tells Dave he did well, and the Sullivans take off before Cactus can recover.

Rating: D

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RonSimmons.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWs/GeneOkerlund.jpg

Mean Gene shakes his head at what we just saw, as he brings in big Ron Simmons. He asks Simmons for his thoughts, and Ron asks him if he's stupid. He tells Gene that to say he's highly upset is quite the understatement, but it's the best he can do on national television. He says that it sounds like he's going to have to teach that punk Brian a lesson in respect, he doesn't care what anyone says about Pillman's mentality, his hero worship does not matter to Ron Simmons - now he just wants to put the kid OUT. Gene says that it seems pretty harsh, but Simmons says that nobody embarasses him like Brian has been trying to do, and in the match next he's going to show Sting that he needs to keep his nose in his own business, before Ron slaps it off of his painted face! Ron shoves the microphone into Gene's chest, nearly knocking the announcer over, as he heads to the ring. Gene straightens his coat, and says that after this short commercial break, the main event of the show is next!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Sting.jpg vs. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RonSimmons.jpg

Sting vs. Ron Simmons

The two don't really gel at all, but they still put on a good matchup. Sting's offense consists of a lot of hit and run type of attacks, much like he used on Vader; the difference however is that Simmons is not Vader. He's much more mobile, and all of Sting's usual tactics for against bigger, more poweful foes is negated as Simmons is able to keep Sting on his toes with his athletic prowess. But the same can be said in reverse, as Simmons tries to power Sting around as if he were Flyin' Brian, but Sting keeps Ron guessing with his own power game. The two almost reach a stalemate a few times, but in the end it's Sting's quickness that gets the duke, as he dodges the three point stance shoulderblock and sends Ron crashing into the turnbuckles. From there, a Stinger Splash and Scorpion Deathlock spell the end for the angry Simmons.

Winner: Sting

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/Vader.jpg

As Sting heads out of the ring and slaps hands with some of his "Little Stingers" in the crowd, Vader emerges from the entrance! He stays there with a microphone, and he says that he's just made a deal to bring in someone who's going to help him expose Sting for the fraud he really is - an old friend who Sting should know VERY well!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/HulkHogan2.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RoddyPiper.jpg

Following a commercial break, Hollywood Hogan and Roddy Piper come out to the ring for their scheduled celebration. The ring has been covered by a black mat, and they come out to gloat about how they showed what they think of the World title, Hogan saying that he "gave it a facelift" by spraypainting the KoW letters on it. He turns his attention to Ric Flair, saying that he took great pleasure in tagging his back with the letters as well, showing that no matter how many chances Flair thinks he has against Hogan, his "backside" will always belong to the Kings of Wrestling! Piper adds that no matter where they've found one another, he and Flair have always had problems, and it turns out WCW is no different. He says that Flair needs to figure out that this just isn't his place at the top anymore - like cream to the top, the KoW have risen past him. He says it doesn't matter if they put the title on the line in a regular match, in a cage match, or in a tuxedo match, Hollywood will show that he's at the top of this game.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/RicFlair.jpg

Ric Flair runs in from behind them with a chair! He starts swinging wildly as the crowd start cheering loudly, and he sends both men scampering from the ring! He grabs their microphone and says that at Fall Brawl, on an even playing field, he's going to take back what's rightly his! And if Hogan doesn't like it, he needs to learn to love it, cause it's the best thing going today! WOOOOO! The show fades out on the image of Hogan looking a little bit worried; no matter what he's done, he has yet to break the spirit of Ric Flair!

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWMainEvent.jpg

WCW Main Event

Announcers: Gordon Solie and Eric Bischoff

Stars 'n Stripes defeat The State Patrol when Bagwell pins Pittman after the suplex/bodypress combo. (D)

Mean Gene is with the Armstrong Brothers. Brad doesn't sound too enthused, as he admits he's following his brother's lead in joining the Stud Stable. Brian says that it'll be the best thing that ever happened to him once he gets over himself and embraces it; he says he's even modified their ring jackets! He points at his, and it reads "BG Armstrong", and gives Brad his, which reads "B-Rad Armstrong". Brad looks at it and asks "B-Rad?" BG says that it's rebranding, just plain old Brad Armstrong is boring, what he has to do is "be rad, B-Rad!" Brad rolls his eyes, as BG goes on to talk about how he's sure them "big dumb Texans" are gonna be around, but they have to deal with the Armstrong Brothers if they come back for more. (D+)

Note: New name and gimmick for Brian, "BG Armstrong", obnoxious. 91 rating.

BG and Brad prove to be formidable, as they make short work of Bobby Walker and Joey Maggs, Brad making Maggs submit to the figure four. (E+)

Unseen footage from Saturday Night, as Ron Simmons goes hunting Flyin' Brian. On his travels, he finds a masked man who wants to talk to him. Ron asks his name, and he says he is Ichii Yazaki, new superstar of WCW! He puts out his hand for Ron to shake, but Ron punches him, sending Yazaki to the floor. Ron goes off down the hallway as Iichi gets up and walks away. (C-)

Note: A fan favorite gimmick for Ichii Yazaki garnered a 91 rating.

Jean-Paul Levesque comes out and talks to Eric Bischoff, basically giving the same interview from Saturday Night. (D-)

Ichii Yazaki debuts in a match, but unfortunately it's against Meng. Meng wins with the Tongan deathgrip, though Yazaki puts in a decent showing. (C-)

Ron Simmons annihilates Scott Stud, ending it with a vicious spinebuster. (D+)

The main event of The Main Event sees Johnny B. Badd put out the lights of "Pretty" Paul Roma with the Kiss That Don't Miss knockout punch. ©

The show ends on a video of the ending of Clash of the Champions, with Hogan and Piper spraypainting the World championship and Ric Flair. (B)

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWlogo.jpg

WCW Hotline: September 1994, Week 1

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/WCW-94/WCWHotline.jpg

WCW Hotline: September 1994, Week 1

Press 1 for WCW Fall Brawl control center!

Press 2 for information on Vader's "huge fan" from last week!

Press 3 for news from outside World Championship Wrestling!

Press 4 for WCW Saturday Night preview!

Press 5 for last week's ratings breakdown!

Press 8 for WWF Monday Night Raw results!

Press 9 for a WCW Catalog gift!

Option 1: Fall Brawl control center!

It has been decided on WCW Saturday Night that Johnny B. Badd gets to take on the Stud Stable's own Diamond Dallas Page! There has also been word of a big twenty man over-the-top-rope battle royal, to be held between tag teams, which will determine the new WCW United States Tag Team champions!

Option 2: Who is Vader's mystery fan?

We at the WCW Hotline have found out that Vader's fan from last week actually IS someone with connections - his name is Sonny Onoo, and he has been working backstage with World Championship Wrestling for a while now. It seems as though Vader has influenced him, as Onoo has applied for a manager's license to begin accompanying different competitors.

Option 3: News from around the world!

In sad news, former WWF star John Tenta, also known as Earthquake, was found earlier this week as a victim of an overdose. No word on what he was taking, but he was rushed to the hospital and is in stable condition. Even though he has never worked for us, we understand he is a wonderful human being, and we at WCW wish him a speedy recovery. Also, former commentator Lance Russell has left the business entirely.

Option 4: WCW Saturday Night preview!

The big question for this Saturday Night centers around Sting - who is Vader working to bring into WCW who will help him to destroy the Stinger? Sting will be in non-title action against Stunning Steve Austin; will the mystery be revealed before, during, or after the match? And can Austin live up to all his bragging from last week about how the top names of WCW are ducking him?

What will Hollywood Hogan and Roddy Piper have in store for Ric Flair and Arn Anderson this week? All four men are set to be in the building!

The rematch is happening live! Flyin' Brian has to take on the former All-American Ron Simmons yet again, as he tries to prove himself to Hollywood Hogan! Also, after last week's altercations, a singles match has been signed between Booker T and Robert Gibson! Be sure to see it all at 6:05 Eastern, only on The Superstation, TBS!

Quick Picks

Non-Title: Sting vs. Stunning Steve Austin

Stars 'n Stripes vs. Bad Attitude

Bunkhouse Buck vs. Cactus Jack

Robert Gibson vs. Booker T

Plus: Who is Vader bringing in to help him against Sting?

Option 5: Last week's ratings breakdown!

WCW Saturday Night had a fair 6.40 rating, while Raw gained to a 5.96.

Option 8: Monday Night Raw results!

September week 1 TV taping featured Diesel defeating Randy Savage and Tatanka and Jerry Lawler having a no contest. Boooooooring!

Option 9: A Special Gift from WCW Catalog!

Order now to get 20% off a six month subscription to WCW Magazine!

-------------------------

Last month's prediction contest

NWAvsWWF: 25/35

BHK1978: 24/35

RKOwnage: 23/35

The Final Countdown: 18/35

Coop: 11/35

Henderson: 5/35

alvarasus: 3/35

Gentleman Raven: 3/35

So NWA gets the prize, barely nudging out BHK. I'll pm you with it tomorrow. Five new points on the fresh board, and if you want to guess at Vader's mystery man, feel free. As always, thanks to everyone for reading and predicting, and a huge thanks for the nominations and votes for mod and moment of the month! Sure, I could probably do it all without the readers - but it wouldn't be nearly as fun!

- maybe a DQ or something.

Plus: Who is Vader bringing in to help him against Sting? Lex Luger!

Almost went for Steve thinking Vader might attack early leaving him to easily dispose of Sting but think the attack will close the show.

Plus: Who is Vader bringing in to help him against Sting? Luger!