Question for Adam about movesets

Damian

Me and another guy have been working on a Real World update for a while now.. one set back is that we can't import Movesets. He was doing one fed as I did another, then I'd import it all.. however movesets won't budge.. so I have to re-do them all. Is there no way to merge our moveset and move files.. or perhaps have it so when a Moveset is imported, any move NOT already in that games move list, but in the Moveset could be added to the moves? To be completely honest, i'd settle for the movesets importing and just missing the moves not on the other users move file. And i'd add them myself. So any way to merge our Moveset and Move files???

The only way to do that would be to manually copy "moveset.fis" and "moves.fis" and pass them between you. However, if you do this, you must be extremely careful - if you mess up, you're going to break the database. You must make sure that none of the wrestlers or contracts refer to a move set that doesn't exist. The best way to do this would be to set everybody to use the same move set to begin with - maybe call it "default" or something. You can then pass the files between you as much as you want as long as that move set is not deleted in any way. When you've finished making the move sets that you want, you could then assign each wrestler the move set you want him to have, and then delete "default". I do not recommend this though, as if either of you mess up by sending the wrong version of a file, or assigning a move set that the other person doesn't have, your database will be wrecked.

Archived