Some Suggestions for a New Update/Version

First of all it's really a great game and i am really enjoying it.Thanks to Brian for this great game.But i have some suggestions for a better experience.

1.Better(Much Better) Draft-Trade Deadline Experience

Off-season and especially draft is probably most important part of a GM game for me.Eventhough i didn't see anything partcularly wrong about it,i think it just doesn't deliver a realistic draft day experience.I would really love to see trades/trades(especially involving picks) offers going on during draft.This trading stuff also true for all season and especially for trading deadline.In NBA trade deadline includes many trades going on and this kind of thing can make game feel much more "real"

Also for draft i would also love to see some(of course,not often) late 1st rounder or 2nd rounder steals.Maybe some players in draft can be like boom or bust guys.I should have a choice to select between "safe deal" role player and high risk-high reward player.

2.Better Box Scorer-FBB News Visuals

It isn't a big deal but box scores are looking really bad.If they can look more like best stats screen in box scores,it can be much more "eye pleasing"

3.Pictures

Player pictures can make game more interesting and it will make easier to connect to your team and players.

4.Simming From Play-off Breackets Screen

5.Daily Leaders in Schedule Screen

6.Nationalities Instead of "None" in College Name

First of all it's really a great game and i am really enjoying it.Thanks to Brian for this great game.But i have some suggestions for a better experience.

1.Better(Much Better) Draft-Trade Deadline Experience

Off-season and especially draft is probably most important part of a GM game for me.Eventhough i didn't see anything partcularly wrong about it,i think it just doesn't deliver a realistic draft day experience.I would really love to see trades/trades(especially involving picks) offers going on during draft.This trading stuff also true for all season and especially for trading deadline.In NBA trade deadline includes many trades going on and this kind of thing can make game feel much more "real"

Also for draft i would also love to see some(of course,not often) late 1st rounder or 2nd rounder steals.Maybe some players in draft can be like boom or bust guys.I should have a choice to select between "safe deal" role player and high risk-high reward player.

2.Better Box Scorer-FBB News Visuals

It isn't a big deal but box scores are looking really bad.If they can look more like best stats screen in box scores,it can be much more "eye pleasing"

3.Pictures

Player pictures can make game more interesting and it will make easier to connect to your team and players.

4.Simming From Play-off Breackets Screen

5.Daily Leaders in Schedule Screen

6.Nationalities Instead of "None" in College Name

1. There are already bust and draft day steals in this game for example the number 1 overall pick in my league was a high risk high reward player who ended up being nothing more than a role player going between 4 teams while the 3rd overall led a hall of fame level career. Also Ive gotten good players late in the draft it mainly just depends on how you use them.(Remember a yellow is capable of being a 30ppg scorer but may be horrible at defense on this game.)

3. You can add player pictures to the game it will replace the logo on the player screen if you are talking about face gen. I dont think Brian would be able to do that unless this game is a big money maker face gen cost around 1000 dollars to use in a commercial product.

6. Nationalities are shown as a flag next to a players name.

• 4 weeks later...
How can you add player pictures at the moment?

By creating a folder called "photos" inside the images folder in your program files directory. I tried putting some jpegs in there and I can only get 57x77 pictures working as the logo sized (77x77) player pictures were squeezed horizontally.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I want to suggest some things that, I think, could improve the game and I'll profit this thread to do it.

- Play-by-Play

I think it need to be more explicit about substitutions and in-game position moves. When you're reading a game is a bit confusing that your PG, i.e, dissapears and the backup is on court suddenly.

- Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exception

I like that the game has integrated the cap hold. About the cap hold in the refered exceptions, sometimes the teams could decided if they rennounced of their exceptions because prefer to be below the cap. I'd like teams in that situation could decided this -now the exceptions counts always-.

Is planned to add the "free agent amount" to the cap hold? I think it doesn't work now.

- Cut Salaries

I'm playing with a 100% of salary cut hit, but seems like minimum salaries never count in that. Is correct?

I read that you did it as a "10-day contracts". Is great. But would be possible a complete hit for multiyear contracts? I feel that it doesn't work properly.

- Minimum Salaries

Would be possible a editor for customize it values?

Thanks in advance :)

Archived