Last Men Standing: Xcitement Wrestling Federation 2013

1994-2003- The Monday Night Wars rage on for years, with neither company gaining the major edge needed to emerge victorious or expand into the global market. Led by such stars as Stunning Steve Austin, Sting, and Paul Levesque, WCW is able to maintain a constant but indecisive edge in the ratings war.

1995- Hulk Hogan passes away. WCW is able to carry on without him, however.

2003- Looking for a way to shake things up and usurp the throne from WCW, Vince McMahon decides to turn booking powers over to Bruce Hart. This experiment proves absolutely disastrous, and WWF is forced to close its doors within two months.

2003-2007- WWF's demise leaves a power vaccuum. WCW takes many of their stars, but is unable to increase to the next level. Smokey Mountain Wrestling and a few other federations start to garner some momentum, but none emerge as a major threat.

2007- Ted Turner passes away. Eric Bischoff assumes control of WCW, but with the US economy in the toilet, Time Warner are no longer comfortable gambling on wrestling. Without their backing, WCW is forced to fold.

2007-2011 With the two major promotions in America out of business, the industry continues to sag on a National level, and Japan (specifically NJPW) becomes the undisputed mecca of professional wrestling. With nowhere prestigious to work, many older stars choose to fade into obscurity, and many talented younger workers choose a Japanese career over staying in the States.

2011- Despite weathering the market crash as a constant #3 behind WWF and WCW, and surviving both to become the top American promotion, Smokey Mountain Wrestling finally goes out of business after an overly ambitious expansion strategy goes south.

2011-2013- Xcitement Wrestling Federation has been left as the top promotion in America, and arguably the only major federation outside of Japan. Having inherited ownership from the late Jesse Hernandez in 2008, Jerry Lawler is tasked with maintaining this foothold while contending with an elderly roster, an underdeveloped talent pool, a recovering economy, and a fanbase that just does not care anymore.

Welcome to Last Man Standing! This uses HIVE's 1994 mod as a base, and I am starting the game in January 2013 after watching up to that point. I'm used to diarying elsewhere, so my diaries are perhaps different from the norm on this board. I keep things pretty no-frills- no pictures, light show descriptions, and few in-character segments. On the other hand, I'm hoping to provide plenty of info on the industry as it unfolds, and also to sprinkle lots of historical info throughout to help convey how we got to this point. There will also be a prediction contest, and I like to give winners quite a bit of influence over my booking. This is a side game to play between turns in multiplayer, but I intend to see it through. I hope you enjoy it, and if you have any input, I'd love to hear it.

XWF was in trouble, and there was no denying it. Maybe that's why Lawler wanted to hand over the book- a last-ditch attempt to shake things up and avoid the fate of so many of XWF's predecessors. While XWF stood as the undisputed #1 American promotion, it was becoming doubtful how long they could maintain that spot. The roster was over the hill, almost every single one of them, and both ratings and income were slowly slipping away. Their only TV show was in syndication, and backstage was a circus of egos. Lawler knew that fresh input was needed, but would giving the book to Jesse Ventura be enough to stop the bleeding? And would any promotion, American or otherwise, ever be able to challenge the legend of NJPW?

Oh man, this is worse than I thought. The talent is here to keep us afloat, but I have so many old guys towards the top of the card, and before I did anything, my backstage was a whopping 10. With a bit of effort and some extra points in Leadership, I've brought that up to 24. The good news (or what passes for it) is that we're not losing money quickly enough to drain our reserves entirely for quite some time. We ARE, however, on the verge of dropping to Cult. This game is probably beyond my skill level, but hey, who says that diary games always have to go well?

STARTING ROSTER

MAIN EVENT

Mortis (Kanyon) [XWF Heavyweight Champion]

Buff Bagwell

Randy Orton

Perry Saturn

-

BG James

UPPER MIDCARD

Eddie Colon (Primo) [XWF Tag Team Champion]

Mr. Anderson

-

Paul Levesque (HHH)

Dustin Rhodes (Goldust)

D-Train (D-Von as A-Train. I'm keeping names and gimmicks, generally, but I wanted to avoid confusion.)

MIDCARD

Perry Power (Regen)

Alex Wright

The Miz

Kevin Nash [XWF Tag Team Champion]

-

Jimmy Snuka Jr. (Sim Snuka/Deuce)

Bobby Duncum Jr.

The Prototype (Cena)

New Jack

LOWER MIDCARD

Dean Foley (Regen)

Kurt Angle

-

Chris Jericho [XWF #1 Contender Champion]

James Maritato (Nunzio/Little Guido)

OPENERS

Steve Armstrong

2 Cold Scorpio

-

James Gibson (Jamie Noble)

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Vampire Warrior (Gangrel)

-

Big Tilly

WOMEN'S DIVISION

Torrie Wilson

Gail Kim

Tsubasa Kuragaki

Ariel

-

Mickie James

Camillei Lavoie (Regen of Luna Vachon I think)

Nikita (Winter) [XWF Women's Champion]

Vanessa Kraven

MANAGERS

Rick Steiner

(Oliver Humperdink, but I fired him day 1)

-

Steve Williams

Jerry Lawler

Announcers: Tony Schiavone and Chester Spratt

Color: Roddy Piper and Jesse Ventura

Refs: Ricky Manna and Earl Hebner

Road Agents: Kevin Von Erich and Sgt. Slaughter

Personalities: Lisa Moretti and Lenny Leonard

Teams: Bagwell and Scorpio, Dustin and D-Train as Future Vision, BG and Levesque as Purity of Purpose

Franchise Players: Orton, Buff, Mortis, BG, Saturn

NBT: None

Prospects: Lavoie, Ariel

Talk the Talk: Piper, Orton, Prototype, Ventura, Anderson

Show Stoppers: Angle, Jericho, Anderson, Orton, Miz

Ring Generals: Angle, Rhodes, Jericho, Orton, Maritato

Hot: Orton, Mortis, BG, Rhodes, Levesque

Not: Javoie, Kuragaki, Kraven, Mickie, Ariel

Time Decline: Nash, Saturn, Levesque, D-Train, Scorpio

Owner Goals:

-Don't fall into debt

-Anderson reaches 83 momentum

-D-Train reaches 77 US pop

-No hiring or extending people with law problems

-No hiring cruiserweights

-No hiring juniors (well there goes my cruiserweight division idea!)

NEWSWIRE

-Miki Handa becomes Queen of ARSION

-WAR Lost Cause Tour gets 64, 63

-Demolition Ax to retire

-CHIKARA Darkness Falls 2013 gets 72

-Tornado and Kashmere d. Black and Quackenbush for the Campeonatas de Parejas

-Yori Murasaki and Etsuko Mitsuwa win the AAAW Tag Championship

-IWRG Gloria Desigual gets 65

-AJW to turn Kyoko Inoue heel

-Stampede Ultimate Challenge gets 75

-Matsuoka and Gosaku become FMW Brass Knuckles Tag Champions

-NJPW signs Jay Briscoe for next tour

-AJPW Reach Down Tour gets 64

-Akiyama and Ogawa d. Regal and Taue for the AJPW Unified World Tag Championship

-CWA signs Allan Flores (Finlay regen) for tour

-NOAH signs Sabin for tour

PREDICTIONS:

Anderson v. New Jack

Saturn v. Prototype

Bagwell and Scorpio v. Future Vision (D-Train and Dustin)

Torrie, Gail, Ariel, and Tsubasa v. Nikita, Mickie, Lavoie, and Kraven

#1 Contender Match: Nash v. James

(2 pts.) Mortis and Colon v. Levesque and Jericho

The first round of the prediction contest! This is the only TV show I'm running before the PPV, so it'll be a short one, and on top of that I am awarding prizes to both first and second place as an incentive to get in on the ground floor!

<p><strong>PREDICTIONS:</strong></p><p>

<strong>Anderson </strong>v. New Jack</p><p>

Saturn v. <strong>Prototype</strong></p><p>

Bagwell and Scorpio v. <strong>Future Vision</strong> (D-Train and Dustin)</p><p>

Torrie, Gail, Ariel, and Tsubasa v. <strong>Nikita, Mickie, Lavoie, and Kraven</strong></p><p>

#1 Contender Match: Nash v. <strong>James</strong></p><p>

(2 pts.) Mortis and Colon v. <strong>Levesque and Jericho</strong></p>

<p>Anderson v.<strong> New Jack</strong></p><p>

<strong>Saturn </strong>v. Prototype</p><p>

<strong>Bagwell and Scorpio</strong> v. Future Vision (D-Train and Dustin)</p><p>

Torrie, Gail, Ariel, and Tsubasa v.<strong> Nikita, Mickie, Lavoie, and Kraven</strong></p><p>

#1 Contender Match: <strong>Nash </strong>v. James</p><p>

(2 pts.) Mortis and Colon v.<strong> Levesque and Jericho</strong></p>

<p><em>I would ideally like to have three people on board with predictions before I put up the first show, so I'll roll out my first informational feature! Most of my background information and news updates will focus on US and Canada, because that's what I know, and so our first info dump will be about the US!</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35981" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>AREA OVERVIEW: USA (Current as of week 2, 1/13)<p> Economy: 23 and Rising</p><p> Industry: 1 and Falling</p><p> Trending: Traditional, Mainstream, Cult, Comedy, Pure</p><p> Unpopular: Risque, Modern, Realism, Hyper Realism, Hardcore, Daredevil</p><p> National Battle: None</p><p> </p><p> 1. Xcitement Wrestling Federation, National (Worldwide: #2)</p><p> Owner: Jerry Lawler, Booker: Jesse Ventura</p><p> Style: PG Sports Entertainment</p><p> Top Champ: Mortis (2) (Kanyon)</p><p> Main Eventers: Perry Saturn, Buff Bagwell, BG James, Mortis, Randy Orton</p><p> </p><p> 2. House of Hardcore, Regional (Worldwide: #11)</p><p> Owner: Tommy Dreamer, Booker: Phillip Scott</p><p> Style: Hardcore</p><p> Top Champ: Tony Norris (Ahmed Johnson)</p><p> Main Eventers: Tommy Dreamer, Billy Kidman, Tony Norris, Shane Helms, Phillip Scott (Regen of...The Shiek, I think.)</p><p> </p><p> 3. Ring of Honor, Regional (Worldwide: #12)</p><p> Owner: Gabe Sapolsky, Booker: Raven</p><p> Style: Pure Wrestling</p><p> Top Champ: Raven (4)</p><p> Main Eventers: Raven, Spellbinder (Phantasio), Devon Storm</p><p> </p><p> 4. CHIKARA, Regional (Worldwide: #13)</p><p> Owner: Mike Quackenbush, Booker: George South</p><p> Style: Pure (?)</p><p> Top Champ: Ace Darling</p><p> Main Eventers: The Lightning Kid (X-Pac), Billy Kidman, Mikey Whipwreck, Ace Darling</p><p> </p><p> 5. NWA New Jersey, Regional (Worldwide: #22)</p><p> Owner: Dennis Coraluzzo, Booker: Johnny Ace</p><p> Style: Traditional Indy</p><p> Top Champ: D-Lo Brown</p><p> Main Eventers: D-Lo Brown, Doomsday (Kane)</p><p> </p><p> 6. Major League Wrestling, Regional</p><p> Owner: Court Bauer, Booker: John Zandig</p><p> Style: Hybrid Wrestling</p><p> Top Champ: Zachary Levesque (Regen of some fabulous looking dude)</p><p> Main Eventers: Sean Morley (Venis), David Flair, Jack Evans, Zachary Levesque</p><p> </p><p> 7. Ohio Valley Wrestling, Regional</p><p> Owner: Bert Prentice, Booker: Zoogz Rift</p><p> Style: Traditional</p><p> Top Champ: Shane Douglas</p><p> Main Eventers: Shane Douglas, Buffalo Peterson (Maxx Payne/Mad Mountain Rock), Shane Shamrock</p><p> </p><p> 8. Juggalo Champion**** Wrestling, Regional</p><p> Owner: Shaggy 2 Dope, Booker: Paul Heyman</p><p> Style: Hardcore</p><p> Top Champ: DH Smith (2)</p><p> Main Eventers: DH Smith, Zachary Shearer (Regen), Zachary Levesque</p><p> </p><p> 9. NWA Sabu, Small</p><p> Owner: Sabu, Booker: Danny Davis</p><p> Style: Traditional Indy</p><p> Top Champ: Sabu (9)</p><p> Main Eventers: Sabu, Phillip Scott</p><p> </p><p> 10. American Wrestling Federation, Regional</p><p> Owner: Paul Alperstein, Booker: Ric Flair</p><p> Style: Entertainment UK (?)</p><p> Top Champ: The Viking (The Berzerker/John Nord) (2)</p><p> Main Eventers: Chris Candido, The Viking, Pitbull #2</p><p> </p><p> 11. Southern States Wrestling, Regional</p><p> Owner: Beau James, Booker: Tully Blanchard</p><p> Style: Traditional</p><p> Top Champ: Mikey Whipwreck</p><p> </p><p> 12. Championship Wrestling USA, Regional</p><p> Owner: Chuck Fader, Booker: Jake Roberts</p><p> Style: Traditional</p><p> Top Champ: Axl Rotten</p><p> </p><p> 13. Tennessee Mountain Wrestling, Regional</p><p> Owner: Jacob Rahn, Booker: Carlos Faber</p><p> Style: Traditional</p><p> Top Champ: Goldberg (2)</p><p> </p><p> 14. Universal Wrestling Federation, Regional</p><p> Owner: Herb Abrams, Booker: Norm Connors</p><p> Style: Traditional</p><p> Top Champ: Bobby Walker</p><p> </p><p> 15. All Pro Wrestling, Regional</p><p> Owner: Roland Alexander, Booker: Glenn Gilbertti</p><p> Style: Nor-Cal Indy</p><p> Top Champ: Disqo (Gilbertti/Disco Inferno) (3)</p><p> </p><p> 16. Empire Wrestling Federation, Regional</p><p> Owner: Larry Sharpe, Booker: Eric Gargiulo</p><p> Style: Traditional</p><p> Top Champ: Vacant (prev. McGuinness)</p><p> </p><p> 17. NWA Anarchy, Regional</p><p> Owner: Matt Leben, Booker: Eddie Gilbert</p><p> Style: Southern Indy</p><p> Top Champ: JC Ice (2)</p><p> </p><p> 18. World League Wrestling, Regional</p><p> Owner: Debbie Combs, Booker: Mark Madden</p><p> Style: Family wrestling</p><p> Top Champ: Georges St-Pierre</p><p> </p><p> 19. IWA Mid-South, Regional</p><p> Owner: Ian Rotten, Booker: Ed Ferrara</p><p> Style: Hardcore</p><p> Top Champ: Ian Rotten (5)</p><p> </p><p> 20. Pro Wrestling Guerilla, Regional</p><p> Owner: Tod Gordon, Booker: Michael Hayes</p><p> Style: Guerilla Wrestling</p><p> Top Champ: Michael Shane</p><p> </p><p> 21. World Wrestling Council, Regional</p><p> Style: Puerto Rico Traditional</p><p> Top Champ: Mark Calaway (Undertaker)</p><p> </p><p> 22. Heartland Wrestling Association, Regional</p><p> Style: Traditional</p><p> Top Champ: Steve Austin (2)</p><p> </p><p> 23. EVOLVE Wrestling, Regional</p><p> Style: Modern</p><p> Top Champ: Adam Cole</p><p> </p><p> 24. Hawai'i Championship Wrestling, Regional</p><p> Style: Hawaian Mix</p><p> Top Champ: Jimmy Del Rey (4)</p><p> </p><p> 25. Dragon Gate USA, Small</p><p> Style: Lucharesu</p><p> Top Champ: Elix Skipper (2)</p><p> </p><p> 26. United States Wrestling Association, Regional</p><p> Style: Memphis Wrestling</p><p> Top Champ: Malice (The Wall/Gigantes) (3)</p><p> </p><p> 27. NWA Wildside, Regional</p><p> Style: Southern Indy</p><p> Top Champ: Vas Notovny (Regen)</p><p> </p><p> 28. Power Pro Wrestling, Regional</p><p> Style: Memphis Rasslin'</p><p> Top Champ: Brett Dibiase (2)</p><p> </p><p> 29. International Wrestling Association, Regional</p><p> Style: Sports Entertainment</p><p> Top Champ: Seven (Kevin Thorn) (2)</p><p> </p><p> 30. Windy City Pro Wrestling, Small</p><p> Style: Traditional Wrestling</p><p> Top Champ: Maven</p><p> </p><p> 31. Jersey All Pro Wrestling, Regional</p><p> Style: Traditional Wrestling</p><p> </p><p> 32. Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, Regional</p><p> Style: Sports Entertainment</p><p> </p><p> 33. Ultimate Pro Wrestling, Small</p><p> Style: So-Cal Indy</p><p> </p><p> 34. Maryland Championship Wrestling, Small</p><p> Style: Traditional</p><p> </p><p> 35. East Coast Wrestling Association, Small</p><p> Style: Traditional Indy</p><p> </p><p> 36. NWA Ring Warriors, Small</p><p> Style: Strong Style</p><p> </p><p> 37. Lucha Libre USA, Small</p><p> Style: Lucha Libre</p><p> </p><p> 38. Xtreme Pro Wrestling, Local</p><p> Style: Hardcore Sleaze</p><p> </p><p> 39. Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling, Local</p><p> Style: Old School Rasslin'</p><p> </p><p> 40. Wrestlicious, Local</p><p> Style: Female Comedy Wrestling</p><p> </p><p> 41. Mid Eastern Wrestling Federation, Local</p><p> Style: Traditional</p><p> </p><p> 42. SHIMMER Women Athletes, Local</p><p> Style: Female Wrestling</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <em>Hm, I wonder if I should go into the editor and put all the NWA feds into an alliance. What do you all think? Would it even matter? Can I even do that mid-game? How should I set the options?</em></p>

XWF Breakin' Out

Friday 1, Jan 2013

Nash provokes and attacks Gibson. He responded poorly to a fine.

Pre-show: Miz d. Maritato (65); Snuka Jr. squashed Vampire (50, Snuka's Lounge Lizard gimmick gets a 66)

-New Jack kicks off the show with a hokey, PG-rated rap, and starts insulting the crowd when they appear unreceptive. He's interrupted by MR. ANDERSON!......ANDERSON!....who flubs a quick promo about being more entertaining.

Rating: 51

New Jack improvises well, Anderson terribly

-Match: Mr. Anderson v. New Jack

New Jack just can't get anything going against the (relatively) youthful Anderson, and is quickly dispatched with the Green Bay Plunge.

Rating: 59

-We see Camillei Lavoie backstage, and she is approached by Jerry Lawler. He hits on her briefly before asking to accompany her to the ring tonight. Lavoie seems rather unmoved by his flattery, but agrees to it on condition that she gets to wear his crown. He hardly has time to agree and look confused before she struts away with it.

Rating: 44

-Steve Williams is out to hype his new client- a man who's been around the block a few times, just like him, and has never gotten a fair shake, just like him....Bobby Duncum Jr.! The crowd goes mild.

Rating: 51

-Match: Perry Saturn v. The Prototype

The wily vet Saturn has an answer for everything in Protoype's arsenal, but the young(ish) brawler just keeps coming back for more! Saturn is eventually able to secure the win, but the announce team puts over the tenacity of Prototype, taking the main eventer to his limit in such a fashion.

Rating: 66

-Saturn himself even seems impressed with his opposition. He walks over and offers Prototype a hand up....only to take a Protoplex for his troubles!

Rating: 50

-Match: Bagwell and Scorpio v. Future Vision

There comes a time where you just get too old and worn down to be able to pick up slack for your partner, and that time appears to be approaching for Marcus Bagwell. Despite their years of experience as a unit, Bagwell and Scorpio just can't seem to keep up with the team of Dustin Rhodes and D-Train, and fall victim unceremoniously to D-Train's Diving Headbutt.

-Nash is backstage with his tag team champion partner Eddie Colon. Colon raves that this is a fantastic opportunity Nash has, but warns him to be careful against BG James. Nash knows all of this, but he also knows that he's only got one good run left in him. This might be his last chance at a world championship, so he's going to leave it all in the ring tonight in the #1 Contender Match.

Rating: 72

Nash improvised well.

-Match: Torrie, Gail, Ariel, and Tsubasa v. Nikita, Mickie, Lavoie, and Kraven

There are some items of note in the entrances: Tsubasa Kuragaki is accompanied to the ring by Rick Steiner for some reason, Camillei Lavoie still has Lawler's crown and has the King himself trailing her, and Vanessa Kraven has decided to make a grand entrance on a motorcycle. The match itself is fairly unremarkable. Lavoie is too distracted by her crown and by King's ringside antics to focus on the match, and despite a strong performance from her teammates, the numbers advantage gives the face team the win.

Rating: 37

Torrie's Clean Cut gimmick gets 66

Nikita's Ravishing gimmick gets 66

Vanessa's Biker gimmick gets 78

Steiner and Kuragaki a very poor combination

-Nikita is clearly upseet with her team's loss. She thinks they threw the match because they are jealous of her title and stunning good looks, and decides to take it out on Vanessa Kraven. The newly reinvented biker chick will have none of it, though, and she shoves the champ down before leaving in a huff.

Rating: 30

-#1 Contender Champion Chris Jericho is in the ring, and he seems upset. He complains that his title is called the “#1 Contender Championship,” yet he doesn't get a title shot! Forget BG James and Kevin Nash and all those other washed up guys, he should be the one getting a title opportunity! He could beat them any day of the week! Mortis eventually comes out to put a stop to this, and challenges Jericho to put his money where his sizable mouth is. Levesque needs a partner for the main event tonight, so why doesn't Jericho show us he has what it takes to play with the big boys? Jericho takes the bait and then immediately looks slightly sick to his stomach.

Rating: 58

-#1 Contender Match: Kevin Nash v. BG James

Nash is played up as the aging legend fighting against the odds for one last day in the sun, and he gives James quite a fight with his power offense. Referee Ricky Manna takes a bump off of a hard corner whip, and James slips out of an avalanche and slides out of the ring. James grabs a chair, but Nash drills him with a big boot! Nash calls for the Jacknife Powerb- RKO! What the heck is Orton doing here? Orton looks down at Nash, then slithers off, leaving the fans very confused. Nash isn't able to recover, and BG James puts him away shortly thereafter.

Rating: 60

-Paul Levesque comes out to help his partner celebrate his win! What BG James just did to Nash, he's going to do to Mortis in two days! Levesque adds that he's gonna beat up Nash's buddy Eddie Colon just to add insult to injury, and soften up the champ while he's at it! Jericho had best just stay out of his way tonight, because Purity of Purpose has some business to attend.

Rating: 67

-Match: Mortis and Eddie Colon v. Paul Levesque and Chris Jericho

Levesque and Jericho don't get along that well, and spend most of the match bickering. On the other hand, Mortis has something to prove, and Colon is fired up to avenge his partner. The faces' superior teamwork gives them the win off of Mortis' Northern Lights Suplex.

Rating: 70

-Mortis starts to cut a promo, but Levesque and James jump him! Colon is there to mount a counter-offensive, however, and Nash hobbles out from the back to help drive off the heels.

Rating: 53

Post-show: Power d. Gibson (44, Power's Raging Bull gimmick gets 66, Gibson's Preacher gimmick gets 70); Wright squashed Tilly (41)

Overall: 68 (Lost pop in 10 regions)

NEWSWIRE

-IWA-MS Sole Survivor gets 50 (Ian Rotten d. Scotty 2 Hotty for the Heavyweight Title, Danny Doring d. Ted Orndorff for the TV Title)

-NJPW get Harry Smith for next tour

-UWA Conducta Violenta gets 75 (Joe Lider d. Super Crazy for the World Jr. Heavyweight Championship)

-TMW Battle in the Asylum gets 61

-Akira Taue is fatigued

-NWA-UK Face Off gets 55

-NOAH gets Richie Steamboat for next tour

-BCW Grapple TV gets 68 (Hennigan and Pillman d. Brian Christopher and Matt Hardy for the Tag titles)

-WAR Lost Cause Tour gets 65

-FMW Golden Eagle Battle gets 50

PREDICTIONS (PPV's will be on a 2/5 scale rather than a 1/2 scale!)

Tag Titles: Nash and Colon © v. Future Vision (D-Train and Dustin)

Saturn v. Jack

Miz v. Snuka Jr.

Power v. Prototype

Anderson v. Levesque

Women's Title: Nikita © v. Gail v. Ariel v. Camillei

Bagwell v. Orton

(5 pts.) Heavyweight Title: Mortis © v. James

Scoreboard:

DanMTheMan: 3/7

Mistaken: 1/7

PREDICTIONS (PPV's will be on a 2/5 scale rather than a 1/2 scale!)

Saturn v. Jack

Miz v. Snuka Jr.

Power v. Prototype

Anderson v. Levesque

Bagwell v. Orton

Future Vision wins, with Orton interference.....

Jack, Miz, Prototype, & Levesque win as well.

Orton wins, due to Nash interfering and attacking him as payback for earlier.

Nikita & Mortis retain their individual titles.

Saturn v. Jack

Miz v. Snuka Jr.

Power v. Prototype

Anderson v. Levesque

Bagwell v. Orton

XWF Hit Rock Bottom 2013

Sunday 1, Jan 2013

Dustin Rhodes pulled a tasteless prank and was given the fatherly approach. Saturn farted but no action was taken.

Pre-show: Duncum Jr. d. Foley (63), Wright squashed Gibson (48)

-XWF Tag Titles: Kevin Nash and Eddie Colon © v. Future Vision (D-Train and Dustin Rhodes)

A back and forth match. Colon's relative youth serves him well, and he is able to keep the heels off-balance. However, his relative inexperience allows Future Vision to isolate him and turn the tables. Things are looking dire when Randy Orton comes to ringside! Nash has a few choice words for him after Friday's unprovoked attack, and he winds up climbing down from the apron to confront Orton! Orton blows him off, and Nash turns his attention back to the match....and eats an RKO! The ref doesn't see it, but the challengers do. With no hot tag available, Colon is picked apart and pinned. The new champs celebrate in the ring as Orton looks on with a stoic expression.

Orton's heel turn was a complete success

Nash and Colon have excellent chemistry

-Match: Perry Saturn v. New Jack

Saturn's still got it, as demonstrated by his quick win over everybody's favorite PG rapper.

Rating: 71

-Match: The Miz v. Jimmy Snuka Jr.

Snuka comes out looking incredibly sleazy in a white suit and gold chains, having debuted the character previously in a dark match. Miz has a few chuckles at his opponent's expense, but apparently the new gimmick has refocused Snuka. Miz falls prey to the Snuka legacy.

Rating: 61

-Match: Perry Power v. The Prototype

Prototype is hungry following his loss to Saturn, and it shows. Power's POWER OFFENSE comes up just a bit short today.

-Match: Mr. Anderson v. Paul Levesque

Levesque is out to set the stage for his partner's title match, but Anderson's on fire tonight, taking the fight to the vet. Levesque has a lot of trouble, eventually resorting to his trademark sledgehammer. That's sufficient to get him the win, though!

Rating: 75

-James joins Levesque in the ring. Their purpose is clear, and it is pure. Tonight they will fulfill that purpose when BG James is once again at the top of the XWF mountain!

Rating: 65

-Women's Title: Nikita © v. Gail Kim v. Ariel v. Camillei Lavoie

Everybody comes back from the bathroom to find Ariel holding Lavoie's shoulders to the mat for a 3.

Rating: 34

-Orton gets some promo time to explain his assaults on Nash. It's simple, really- he's the Legend Killer, and everybody seems to have forgotten that. This is a company full of legends, and he's going to kill every last one of them....starting with the FORMER tag team champion, Kevin Nash.

-Match: Buff Bagwell v. Randy Orton

Orton seems poised to make good on his promise, as he stays one step ahead of the veteran Bagwell throughout the match, picking up the win in a decent 15-minute outing.

Rating: 71

-XWF Heavyweight Championship: Mortis © v. BG James

A back and forth affair between these two veterans of the sport. Despite James' best efforts, he simply cannot overcome the masked man tonight.

Rating: 76

Post-show: Jericho squashed Scorpio to retain (33); Maritato d. Armstrong (41, poor chem); Angle d. Tilly (42)

Overall: 77 (lost pop in 11 regions)

Speech: Protoype complimented, Orton pointed out, Mortis encouraged

Mortis has broken his nose

And that concludes our first prediction contest! DanM has won, and I'll be PM'ing his prize shortly. Once he has chosen, I'll send mistaken his second place prize. There will be a brief pause while I rebuild my buffer, and then we'll be off again!

NEWSWIRE

-AJPW Test of Enemies gets 73 (ME: Akiyama and Ogawa d. Yujiro and Nogi to retain)

-IWA-J Ancestors Drive Us Onward gets 60

-Heavy Metal d. Veneno for the UWA World Light Heavyweight Title

-USWA Welcome to my Hell 19 gets 49

-Stu Sanders (Barrett) and Ken Doane d. Flores win the vacant 1PW Tag Titles

-Tomoko Miyaguchi suffers a hernia

-NWA Mexico Egolatria V gets 63

-ASW Fear of the Dark gets 61

-AWF Radioactive 2013 gets 64

-HCW Survive 10 gets 62 (Yang and Evans d. Spicolli and J. Hennig for the National Tag Titles)

-HoH Rock You Tonight 2013 gets 62

-OVW Lashing Out gets 68

-CM Punk to tour with NJPW

-Go Shiozaki suffers Knee Ligament Damage

PREDICTIONS

Bagwell and Scorpio v. Prototype and Maritato

Ariel and Miz v. Lavoie and Lawler

Angle v. Duncum Jr.

D. Foley v. Snuka Jr.

#1 Contender Title Open Challenge: Jericho v. ??? (already on the roster)

Torrie and Kuragaki v. Nikita and Kraven

Wright and Power v. Purity of Purpose

(2 pts.) Saturn/Nash/Colon v. Orton/D-Train/Dustin

Company Examination: New Japan Pro Wrestling

(Current as of week 3, 1/13)

New Japan Pro Wrestling

Size: National

Ranking: 1st

Style: Strong Style

Prestige: 93

Momentum: 88

Owner: Keiji Mutoh

Booker: Keiji Mutoh

Finances: 1st

23-time Company of the Year

17-time Match of the Year

17 1/2-time Card of the Year (I guess they did a show with WWF in 1990?)

Popularity:

Japan 83-84

British Isles: 45

Europe: 45

US: 29

Canada: 29

Mexico: 17

Australia: 17

Roster:

Main Eventers: Osamu Nishimura, Power Warrior (Kensuke Sasaki), Sexton Hardcastle (Edge), Shinjiro Otani, Toshiaki Kawada, Wild Pegasus (Benoit)

Upper Midcarders: Dean Malenko, DH Smith, Satoshi Kojima, Scott Norton, Yuji Nagata, Yuki Ishikawa

Midcarders: Black Tiger II (Eddie Guerrero), Hercules Hernandez, Iemochi Okamura (regen), Jushin Thunder Liger, Kintaro Kanemura, Milano Collection AT, Naoya Ogawa, Seison Kada (regen), Takashi Iizuka

Others of note: Jay Briscoe, CM Punk, The Great Sasuke, Keiji Mutoh, Masahiro Chono, Shinsuke Nakamura

Tag Division: The Bull Powers (Satoshi Kojima and Manabu Nakanishi)

HISTORY

7/94: Sky PerfecTV! picks up PPVs

10/94: Toshiaki Kawada signed

8/00: Riki Choshu leaves

4/02: Seiji Sakaguchi retires, Keiji Mutoh takes over

3/04: Tatsumi Fujinami leaves

6/04: Rick Steiner leaves

12/08: Hiroshi Hase leaves

12/09: Shinya Hashimoto leaves

1/10: Sexton Hardcastle signed

2/10: Antonio Inoki leaves

TITLE HISTORIES

IWGP World Heavyweight

Current: Otani (5)

Hardcastle

Otani (4)

Ishikawa (2)

Power Warrior (5)

Kawada (5)

Scott Steiner

Kawada (4)

Warrior (4)

Otani (3)

Kawada (3)

Mutoh (5)

Otani (2)

Chono (2)

Otani

Mutoh (4)

Shinya Hashimoto (6)

Ishikawa

Hashimoto (5)

Mutoh (3)

Hiroshi Hase (4)

Wild Pegasus (3)

Hashimoto (4)

Warrior (3)

Kawada (2)

Pegasus (2)

Rick Steiner (2)

Warrior (2)

Pegasus

Warrior

Malenko (2)

Hashimoto (3)

Hase (3)

R. Steiner

Hase (2)

Kawada

Malenko

Riki Choshu (5)

Hase

Choshi (4)

Mutoh (2)

Tatsumi Fujinami (6)

Chono

Hashimoto (2)

Starting champ: Fujinami (5)

G1 Climax

2012: Warrior

Hardcastle

Otani

Pegasus (4)

Kawada (3)

Pegasus (3)

Pegasus (2)

Kawada (2)

Kawada

Hashimoto (2)

Pegasus

Malenko (2)

Malenko

S. Steiner

Chono (3)

Hashimoto

R. Steiner

Mutoh

1994: Choshu

Super Grade Tag League

2012: Warrior/Nishimura (2)

Warrior/Nishimura

Ishikawa/Pegasus

Kawada/Ishikawa

Chono/Kawada

Warrior/Malenko

S. Steiner/Otani

Otani/Tiger II

Kawada/Otani (2)

Malenko/Tatsutoshi Goto (2)

S. Steiner/Pegasus

S. Steiner/Chono

Otani/Kawada

Malenko/Goto

S. Steiner/Warrior

Great Sasuke/Kintaro Kanemura

R. Steiner/Pegasus

Chono/Warrior

1994: Kanemoto/Norton

IWGP World Tag Team

Current: Yuji Nagata/Malenko

Previous: Ishikawa/Bob Sapp

3+ Reigns: Hercules/Norton (6); Hase/Nobutaka Araya (4); Satoshi Kojima/Manabu Nakanishi (4)

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight

Current: Tiger II (17!!!)

Previous: Milano Collection AT (3)

3+ Reigns: Tiger II (17); Liger (12); Koji Kanemoto (12); Ishikawa (6); Dick Togo (3); Sasuke (3); Otani (3)

Young Lion Cup

2010: Seison Kada (3)

2009: Kada (2)

Multiple Wins: Kada (3); Otani (3); Nakamura (2); Katsuyori Shibata (2)

Best of the Super Juniors

2012: Ishikawa (3)

2011: Pegasus (3)

Multiple Wins: Liger (6); Kanemoto (5); Ishikawa (3); Pegasus (3)

Product: Traditional and Realism Key, Pure Medium

Working agreement with CWA, UWA, WAR

Hostile with AJPW, AJWPW, DG, FMA, NOAH

Top Event: 96 for Formation of Attack (2/06)

Top Attendance: 67,827 for The Force II (8/95)

Top Buyrate: 2.18 for The Force XIV (8/07)

Top worker on Power 500: Osamu Nishimura (1)

Top 10 Matches:

Hashimoto d. Pegasus 2/04 (100)

Hashimoto d. Mutoh 8/02 (100)

Hashimoto d. Ishikawa 12/04 (99)

S. Steiner/Chono d. Otani/Malenko 5/03 (99)

Power/Malenko/Kawada drew Pegasus/S. Steiner/Nagata 2/06 (99)

Chono d. Otani 9/01 (99)

Power/Mutoh d. Hashimoto/Malenko 5/03 (99)

Kawada/Hashimoto/S. Steiner d. Malenko/Chono/Pegasus 4/01 (99)

Kawada d. Mutoh 11/01 (99)

Fujinami d. Pegasus 5/97 (99)

PREDICTIONS

Bagwell and Scorpio v. Prototype and Maritato

Ariel and Miz v. Lavoie and Lawler

Angle v. Duncum Jr.

D. Foley v. Snuka Jr.

#1 Contender Title Open Challenge: Jericho v. ??? (already on the roster)

Torrie and Kuragaki v. Nikita and Kraven

Wright and Power v. Purity of Purpose

(2 pts.) Saturn/Nash/Colon v. Orton/D-Train/Dustin

Prototype / Maritato

Ariel & Miz

Angle

Snuka Jr.

??? - I...I...I can't go against the QUESTION MARKS!!!!!

Torrie & Kuragaki

Purity of Purpose

Orton/D-Train/Dustin

(Guess that's all I'm getting!)

XWF Breakin' Out

Friday 2, Jan. 2013

Pre-show: New Jack squashed Vampire Warrior (57, good chemistry)

-Purity of Purpose are out to open the show. They don't seem too broken up about James' failed title shot, and we soon learn why- they've learned that Mortis broke his nose in the match! Thanks to James' expert offense, your world champion isn't even here tonight- he's sitting at home trying to fit an ice pack under that stupid mask of his! They wanted to rough him up a bit more tonight, but oh well, they'll make do.

-Match: Buff Bagwell and 2 Cold Scorpio v. The Prototype and James Maritato

The veteran faces just can't keep up with the ruthless aggression of the heel pairing. Bagwell and Scorpio might have teaming together down to a science, but none of that matters with forceful stars like Prototype cutting off the ring. Prototype and Maritato get a win.

-Ariel is out to celebrate her women's championship victory. She comments on Camillei's...thing...with Lawler, and mentions that she's brought along her own guy friend! She brings out The Miz to no reaction whatsoever!

Rating: 39

-Match: Ariel and The Miz v. Camillei Lavoie and Jerry Lawler

It's rare to see Lawler step into the ring these days, and now we have an idea why! Nikita comes to ringside to bicker with the new Women's Champion, but Ariel is able to keep a clear head about her and dispatch the perenially strange Lavoie.

-”Dr. Death” Steve Williams is out to once again hype up Bobby Duncum Jr. Angle has no chance!

Rating: 47

-Match: Kurt Angle v. Bobby Duncum Jr.

The former Olympic Gold Medalist fights valiantly, but finds himself outwitted by the veteran Duncum Jr. (and a timely foot grab from Dr. Death!)

Rating: 65

-Match: Dean Foley v. Jimmy Snuka Jr.

Snuka Jr. looked impressive with his new longue lizard gimmick last week, and continues his ascent with a hotly contested but quick victory over Foley.

Rating: 55

-Jericho is out to the ring to continue complaining about his lot. The #1 Contender Title can't get him a match for the REAL belt, and it didn't even get him on PPV! Well, if that's how management feels, he'll EARN his spot! He challenges anybody in the back to come fight for his belt! He is answered by....MISTERRRRR ANDERSONNNN......ANDERSON.

Rating: 60

-#1 Contender Title: Chris Jericho © v. Mr. Anderson

Jericho appears to immediately realize that he's bitten off more than he can chew. He fights cautiously, attempting to keep his distance from Anderson, but eventually the battle is joined in earnest. Jericho holds his own surprisingly well given his reluctance, but the match goes south for him all the same. After a particularly nasty flurry of offense, Jericho decides to take his belt and go home, beating a tactical retreat and eating a countout loss!

Rating: 61

-Match: Torrie Wilson and Tsubasa Kuragaki v. Nikita and Vanessa Kraven

Nikita is out to prove that she deserves to regain her title, and Vanessa Kraven seems to have a new focus with her biking gimmick. Despite the heels' clear distaste for each other, they are able to steamroll the face team.

Rating: 43

-Future Vision are in the ring to gloat about their title win. They don't know what the deal is with Orton, and frankly they don't care. They had Nash and Colon beat with or without him, and tonight they have them beat with him again. They're the past, present, AND future, baby!

D-Train improvised well, Rhodes not so much.

-Match: Alex Wright and Perry Power v. Purity of Purpose

The announce team reminds us that Mortis is not here, otherwise he would no doubt have been involved with this match. With the world champ laid up with a broken nose, however, the face team struggles to mount any offense at all. Levesque is able to score a fairly quick win with the Ace Crusher.

Rating: 63

-Levesque and James share an evil grin, and decide to further punish their victims. Levesque has a sledgehammer in hand, but here comes Mortis! It appears that he did make it tonight, injury and all! Mortis charges the ring and attacks Purity of Purpose, buying Power and Wright time to crawl away. He fights furiously against James, but Levesque gets in a cheap shot with the hammer! Purity of Purpose lay out the world champ with a vicious beatdown.

Rating: 52

-Nash calls out Randy Orton. He thinks he understands this whole “Legend Killer” nonsense, but he doesn't really give a crap. Orton has made this a personal issue, and he's going to regret it. The sleeping giant has woken up, and it will not be pleasant. Orton saunters out to the ring to brush off the threat. Nash may be the sleeping giant, but Orton is going to lay his legend to rest forever!

-Match: Perry Saturn, Kevin Nash, and Eddie Colon v. Randy Orton and Future Vision

Nash is livid and takes the fight right to Randy Orton, but Orton gives as good as he takes, and we have a slobberknocker of a 6-man tag. Nash hits a towering jackknife powerbomb on Dustin Rhodes, but before he can make the cover, Orton runs in with an RKO! Senior official Ricky Manna is not very happy with this breach of tag team rules, but Orton pushes him to the ground and hits a second RKO on Nash! Orton escapes to ringside before Colon can avenge his partner, and the ref has no choice but to call for a disqualification. The damage is done, however, and Orton has made his point!

Overall: 67

Lost popularity in 10 regions.

NEWSWIRE

-1PW Walk Through Fire gets 63 (Barri Griffiths/Mason Ryan d. Adam Windsor for the #1 Contender Title)

-CWUSA Sweet Pain gets 59

-NWA Anarchy Just Too Much gets 58

-NWA Wildside Belief gets 70

-IWA Goin' Crazy gets 40

-Austin “Consequences” Creed d. Matt Hardy for the BCW Can-Am TV Championship

-NWA-NA Decimation gets 58

-BCW starts a storyline with The Male Nurse (Christian) and Kokina Maximus (Yokozuna) v. Wolfie D and Spanky

-BCW Reckless Life gets 70

-EWP get Shane McMahon

-NJPW to turn Malenko heel

-UWF Big Trouble 19 gets 57

-WLW to feud Raven and Human Tornado

-JCW gets Richard Chase

PREDICTIONS

Anderson v. Maritato

#1 Contender Title Open Challenge: Jericho © v. ???

Power v. Jack

Tag Titles: Future Vision © v. Armstrong/???

Angle v. Prototype

Ariel/Gail v. Nikita/Kraven

Nash/Colon v. Orton/???

(2) Saturn/Miz v. Purity of Purpose

DanM- 4/9

Anderson v. Maritato

Power v. Jack

Angle v. Prototype

Nash/Colon v. Orton/???

PREDICTIONS

Anderson v. Maritato

Power v. Jack

Angle v. Prototype

Nash/Colon v. Orton/???

I'm back from a small vacation, and time for me to make my picks:

Anderson

???

Power

Future Vision

DRAW - Couldn't make a decision between the two

Ariel/Gail

Orton/???

Purity of Purpose

• 2 weeks later...

<p>(Apologies- I was waiting for more predictions and then I got distracted by real life stuff.)</p><p> </p><p>

XWF Breakin' Out</p><p>

Friday 3, Jan. 2013</p><p> </p><p>

Pre-show: Duncum Jr. squashed Vampire (45); Snuka Jr. d. Wright (61)</p><p> </p><p>

-Purity of Purpose start the show bragging about beating up Mortis again! They have Mortis' number, and won't rest until they've taken his belt. Hopefully it's not keeping his pants up, because ew.</p><p>

Rating: 67</p><p> </p><p>

-Match: Mr. Anderson v. James Maritato</p><p>

A solid back-and-forth effort from these up-and-comers, but Anderson continues his hot streak with another win.</p><p>

Rating: 71</p><p> </p><p>

-Jericho is in the ring to put himself over for retaining (sorta) after his open challenge last week, and issues another for right now! It's answered by BUFF BAGWELL, who's accompanied as always by his buddy 2 Cold Scorpio! Jericho balks at the idea of defending against The Stuff, and when 2 Cold happens to get in the ring first, he accepts his “challenge” instead! Jericho doesn't wanna fight a 5-time WCW Tag Champ! Get outta here!</p><p>

Rating: 56</p><p>

Jericho and Buff improvised well.</p><p> </p><p>

-#1 Contender Title: Chris Jericho © v. 2 Cold Scorpio</p><p>

Scorpio is no slouch in his own right, but he's always been booked a few levels below Buff, and it shows here. Jericho is able to rebuff him quickly as Bagwell looks on disapprovingly.</p><p>

Rating: 50</p><p> </p><p>

-Nash is out to call out Orton again, but Orton says that he has already killed his legend and is ready to move on. That's the cue for Commissioner LENNY LEONARD to make an appearance! He feels that Orton has been getting out of hand recently, so he's giving Nash (and Colon) another shot at him, this time with a...hand-picked partner! Orton doesn't seem to care, but Nash is excited.</p><p>

Rating: 52</p><p> </p><p>

-Match: Perry Power v. New Jack</p><p>

Both of these guys are on a bit of a cold streak, but Power is the one to turn it around with a big win over the veteran New Jack.</p><p>

Rating: 63</p><p> </p><p>

-Future Vision are still pretty proud of themselves and their titles.</p><p>

Rating: 54</p><p> </p><p>

-Tag Team Championships: Future Vision © v. Steve Armstrong and Davey Richards</p><p>

Richards is presented in much the same manner as a local jobber, but actually manages to get some offense in. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Armstrong, who takes a quick loss, but the announcers put over Richards as somebody to watch.</p><p>

Rating: 41</p><p>

Richards' lack of gimmick gets a 71</p><p> </p><p>

-Perry Saturn approaches Miz backstage. Saturn was SUPPOSED to team with Mortis against Purity of Purpose tonight, but Mortis hasn't been cleared to compete and he needs a sub. Miz happily agrees.</p><p>

Rating: 56</p><p> </p><p>

-Match: Kurt Angle v. The Prototype</p><p>

Prototype dispatches Angle after a solid match.</p><p>

Rating: 66</p><p> </p><p>

-Nikita and Vanessa Kraven squabble over who is gonna beat up Ariel more.</p><p>

Rating: 28</p><p> </p><p>

-Match: Ariel and Gail Kim v. Nikita and Vanessa Kraven</p><p>

The heels look good individually, but cannot get on the same page at all, and it costs them the win.</p><p>

Rating: 43</p><p> </p><p>

-Mortis comes out. He can't fight tonight, but he promises that Levesque and James will get what's coming to them!</p><p>

Rating: 61</p><p> </p><p>

-Match: Kevin Nash and Eddie Colon v. Randy Orton and Ted Dibiase Jr.</p><p>

We're just getting all sorts of new jobbers tonight! Actually, we barely see anything of Dibiase, as Orton is determined to go it alone. He tries to win the match himself, but that is just not happening against the former tag champs. Dibiase is frustrated on the apron as Nash and Colon wear Orton down for the win.</p><p>

Rating: 67</p><p>

Dibiase's Generational Wrestler gimmick gets an initial 83</p><p> </p><p>

-Match: Perry Saturn and The Miz v. Purity of Purpose</p><p>

A pretty even fight. It looks like Miz might have bitten off more than he can chew, but Mortis comes out to menace Levesque from ringside, allowing Miz to make a crucial hot tag. Saturn is able to pick up the win!</p><p>

Rating: 78</p><p> </p><p>

Post-show: Gibson/Mickie d. Foley/Torrie (29, Foley/Torrie terrible chem)</p><p> </p><p>

Overall: 71</p><p>

<em>Lost pop in 10 regions</em></p>

Archived