BT Sport UK

Almondd x

Today BT Sport announced that they have acquired the rights to the UFC, what's your opinions on this? Personally I feel this is a step back for MMA in the UK as there will be no HD viewing. Also they have said that they aren't releasing any pricing details until closer to the channels launch, which leads me to believe that it is going to cost more than ESPN. On top of this, BT is notorious for not getting there act together with frequent complaints from their viewers, I truly believe that this could go sour quickly for MMA fans.

Just a heads up, this should be in MMA thread. Just saying. :)

In any case, as a non-UK person, I'm rather jealous you guys get free PPV's in the first place, so... ;)

However, I do understand your gripes. I can't get Fuel TV in the USA. :(

MMA fans should count themselves lucky they get anything in the UK. It's a niche sport here at best. Sky knew that, that's why they had no interest in making the UFC a decent offer.

Keep an eye out on Thursday for more details on BT Sport pricing/availability.

I don't really get where you're coming from, I don't believe that fans should suffer and not get to watch the fights they want because of a sport that is growing. Besides if Sky Sports are able to market the NFL and sports such as fishing I'm sure they can market MMA. Plus my complaint is not necessarily the UFC on BT Sports but rather MMA as a whole in the UK, all I'm asking for is more coverage, there are countless channels on the EPG that show programmes and events that quite frankly shouldn't even be able to get local newspaper coverage, but somehow they are shown all day every day. The marketability for MMA is incredible, in the UK alone the UFC has broken the gate record at Wembley Arena. There are fans for a fact that I know would love to watch regional and local shows and wouldn't care if they were on the lesser known channels.

I don't really get where you're coming from, I don't believe that fans should suffer and not get to watch the fights they want because of a sport that is growing. Besides if Sky Sports are able to market the NFL and sports such as fishing I'm sure they can market MMA. Plus my complaint is not necessarily the UFC on BT Sports but rather MMA as a whole in the UK, all I'm asking for is more coverage, there are countless channels on the EPG that show programmes and events that quite frankly shouldn't even be able to get local newspaper coverage, but somehow they are shown all day every day. The marketability for MMA is incredible, in the UK alone the UFC has broken the gate record at Wembley Arena. There are fans for a fact that I know would love to watch regional and local shows and wouldn't care if they were on the lesser known channels.

You do know that brashleyholland lives in the UK, right? In any case, assuming you are person living in the UK, I hate to say this...but UK isn't necessarily the best market for MMA. It's not bad, but it's a top priority like it used to be. I think BH can explain better than I do, but UK is friendlier than most markets for MMA, but not the best for it as is stands. Those will be the USA, Canada, and Brazil. USA and Canada are near tapped out in terms of growth, but for UFC to hold events in those two nations are great moneymakers, as is Brazil, one of the most MMA-friendly nations.

Plus, the UFC is looking towards Western and Eastern Europe, China, India, and Japan.

Archived