[C-Verse 97] [HGC/DaVE] Everybody Knows

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/CharlieThatcher_zpsc706a02b.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/CharlieThatcher_zpsc706a02b.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

“Oh, sure, <em>I</em> was the bad taste bit of that segment...” Charlie Thatcher rolls his eyes, his jaw working constantly, chewing gum over and over. He glances around the Brooklyn comic book store he owns, one he still works at whenever he has a break from the road. His wife, bagging new issues of <em>Freedom Phalanx</em> shakes her head, an amused smile on her lips.</p><p> </p><p>

“I think we'd've gotten by with it fine any other week. The whole Licenced Cougar Hunter schtick, all the 'your mom' comments, had been a licence to print money before I went to HGC. First chance I get to show some character of my own, you bet I went back to it.</p><p> </p><p>

“I think in the long run that was a good idea. A real good one – it got me a few feuds once I got the chance, it gave me more to do alongside Peter, it kept my profile up. I had a lot of improving to do, but that schtick kept me in place to do them. So I figure it was a good gimmick and most days it wasn't a problem.</p><p> </p><p>

“But the thing with the coffin and the widow, that happened the same week Teddy Flame decided to make a crack about Joey's wife, and there was a Heartthrobs' promo that I think got GLAAD up in arms, and...” Thatcher shrugs. “I guess I was the last straw, the guy they'd <em>just</em> seen when they decided to complain.</p><p> </p><p>

“Most anywhere that could've killed my career. I think I got lucky because the boss was sixteen, and he thought it was all pretty awesome. Cut me some slack.”</p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>

–</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RichiePangrazzioJr_zps0ce6c4f2.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RichiePangrazzioJr_zps0ce6c4f2.jpg</span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

“Dad wanted to finish up,” Richie says simply, “and he wanted to go out doing something memorable.</p><p> </p><p>

“Larry and me drove him to the shoot for his final appearance, and he was rubbing his eye with sandpaper to get it looking heinous the whole time. We figured that was the end of it, but he insisted on getting his side worked over, and Larry obliged...</p><p> </p><p>

“And that's why the last time anyone saw my dad on wrestling TV, he had a legit broken rib. Ended up not talking the whole time; he'd been supposed to have an argument with Homicide, but talking hurt too much. We cut the shoot as short as we could, then double-timed it to hospital.</p><p> </p><p>

“Which is why Bryan had to drive us for a while, because they pulled Larry over for doing a hundred fifteen and boom, that was his licence.” He grins. “Mine was already looong gone.”</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>–</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Whistler_zps6c0099f7.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Whistler_zps6c0099f7.jpg</span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

“There was a big argument,” Whistler recalls, “around May, maybe June, about how many of the guys who hadn't come through Supreme or Japan were getting pushed like they had the same name value.” The veteran of Philly Power settles back in his chair in front of an NYCW poster. “We didn't, no. But speaking as a guy who helped make Brent Hill in the minors before we both came up to Hollyweird... you want Brent Hill featured. You want to feature BLZ Bubb, Liberty, Dale Jackson... Ricky Dale he was then, right?</p><p> </p><p>

“Rip and Nemesis were pushing for us bit-part players. Sam and Dread were pushing back. Dusty, he couldn't make up his mind whether he hated us worse or hated Sam worse, so that was a yo-yo right there.</p><p> </p><p>

“We didn't have the name value, but we weren't tainted by a career midcarding for Supreme, either. Jason Jackson, Romeo Heartthrob – they're both great guys to work, great guys to feud with, and great guys to have a beer with when the day's done. But if Hollyweird said they were top guys, Hollyweird told the world we were Supreme's kid brother in clownshoes.</p><p> </p><p>

“Liberty didn't have that because nobody but the people who were already fans knew him.</p><p> </p><p>

“And that was mostly great – but Teddy Flame was about to be a top title contender, and I don't need to tell you how hard a sell that was going to be.”</p>

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Briskout" data-cite="Briskout" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36122" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Possibly my favorite non-canon (or is he?) character of all time in Hollywood Mike!! Gotta love him joining the sleaze team and LOVE the idea of "backlash" due to the... edgier stuff going on.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hollywood Mike Kinsey and Brick 'Moustache Ride' Fantana are two terrible, terrible people from the C-Verse 77 data who've survived into this one.</p><p> </p><p> So, yes, by signing him I cut an SWF team in half, too.</p><p> </p><p> Mike is going to be enormous fun to write terrible, terrible promos for, I can tell already.</p><p> </p><p> Also, I may have booked too many matches for Total Mayhem. We'll see.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MichiganHero" data-cite="MichiganHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36122" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will we be seeing a San Diego Street Fight at any point PS?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Seems a reasonable chance!</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGC_zps9a894c88.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGC_zps9a894c88.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Total Mayhem</strong> is here! And this is going to be a crazy-busy night, kicking off as always with a dance performance by the HollyWeird Girls.</p><p> </p><p>

In the first match of the night we'll see Mexico-inspired six-man tag team action, with <strong>Rocky Constantino, Romeo Heartthrob, and new ally Hollywood Mike Kinsey</strong> teaming up against luchadores <strong>Electrico, Mr Lucha, and an unidentified partner</strong>. The battle for respect, nookie, and the Cruiserweight Championship is reaching new heights...</p><p> </p><p>

So this is what it's like when flames collide. <strong>Joey Flame</strong> and <strong>Teddy Flame</strong> got everyone talking last month when Teddy attacked his brother, and this past Tuesday he promised to finish the job - but if anyone should know that Joey Flame doesn't fall easily, you'd hope it'd be brother Teddy. So who's going to come out on top?</p><p> </p><p>

The clash of titans by proxy begins! After a little more than a month's training by their respective legends apiece, Rip Chord's proteges the <strong>Stardusts </strong>take on <strong>Young Blood</strong>, Liberty's choice for a new generation. Who's learned more so far?</p><p> </p><p>

HollyWeird Girls in action next as <strong>Reese</strong> takes on <strong>Victoria</strong> in a <strong>Panty-Splosion</strong> Match. At time of going to press, no word is available on what that may be.</p><p> </p><p>

And after that we'll see the <strong>International Championship</strong> on the line, as <strong>Monty Walker</strong> defends against <strong>Frankie Future</strong>. It's no secret that Future seems to feel Walker retained by unfortunate means last month, but those who watched the match do have to question Future's claims.</p><p> </p><p>

Next up is the <strong>Hardcore Championship</strong> - which seems almost like an afterthought in the blood feud the two men competing have developed. <strong>Richie Pangrazzio Jr</strong> is the challenger, and this month <strong>Charlie Homicide</strong> took from him something as previous as can be; he robbed him of family. Is the Hardcore Championship as precious to Homicide? And can the devil's only saint hold on against the all-star captain? We'll find out in HGC's first <strong>Living Hell</strong> match, where the winner is decided when the loser is sealed into a steel box barely large enough to fit in - and the winner keeps the key.</p><p> </p><p>

Eight men enter the ring next, as Lady Melissa's plan to neutralise <strong>the Untouchables</strong>' traditional man advantage comes into full flower - all four Untouchables against <strong>Jason Jackson, the One Percenters, and the Hype</strong>. It's a strange team, but will it be effective?</p><p> </p><p>

This month has seen some shocking revelations about the past of <strong>Cowboy Ricky Dale</strong>, but the big Texan promises that he's done hiding - he's going to face down <strong>Peter Valentine</strong> and see if he can change the course of his life for the better. And frankly, the less said about Valentine and Thatcher's actions on Tuesday the better.</p><p> </p><p>

Next up will be the <strong>Tag Team Championships</strong> match, with reigning champions the <strong>Powers of Hell </strong>facing veterans - and multi-time champs - the <strong>Black Serpent Cult</strong>. They've battled before, but the Cult remain a tough test for just about anyone you could imagine.</p><p> </p><p>

Lastly, the main event. The <strong>HGC World Heavyweight Championship</strong>. The <strong>Test of Steel</strong> - multiple tonnes of steel ensuring an end to this rivalry, a rivalry which has overshadowed Hollyweird since its creation. <strong>Sam Strong</strong>. <strong>Dread</strong>. Is there anything about this final clash between ultimate hero and shadow of fear that isn't epoch-making?</p><p> </p><p>

PREDICTION KEY</p><p>

Electrico, Mr Lucha & ???? vs. Hollywood Mike Kinsey, Rocky Constantino & Romeo Heartthrob</p><p> </p><p>

Joey Flame vs. Teddy Flame</p><p> </p><p>

The Stardusts (Doug & Eddie Stardust) w/ Marilyn Stardust vs. Young Blood (Paul & Richard Blood)</p><p> </p><p>

PANTY-SPLOSION MATCH</p><p>

Reese vs. Victoria</p><p> </p><p>

HGC International Championship</p><p>

Monty Walker © vs. Frankie Future</p><p> </p><p>

LIVING HELL MATCH</p><p>

HGC Hardcore Championship</p><p>

Charlie Homicide © w/ Karen Killer vs. Richie Pangrazzio Jr</p><p> </p><p>

The Untouchables (Joel Bryant, Paul Steadyfast, Robert Oxford & Troy Tornado) vs. Jason Jackson, Mayhem Midden, the Hype and the Night Rider w/ Lady Melissa</p><p> </p><p>

Cowboy Ricky Dale vs. Peter Valentine w/ Charlie Thatcher</p><p> </p><p>

HGC Tag Team Championships</p><p>

The Powers of Hell (BLZ Bubb & Nemesis) © vs. The Black Serpent Cult (Cobra & Viper)</p><p> </p><p>

THE TEST OF STEEL</p><p>

HGC World Heavyweight Championship</p><p>

Sam Strong © vs. Dread</p>

<p><strong>Electrico, Mr Lucha & ????</strong> vs. Hollywood Mike Kinsey, Rocky Constantino & Romeo Heartthrob</p><p>

<em>Los Lochadores are crazy good.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Joey Flame vs. <strong>Teddy Flame</strong></p><p>

<em>Heel turn? Victory.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Stardusts (Doug & Eddie Stardust)</strong> w/ Marilyn Stardust vs. Young Blood (Paul & Richard Blood)</p><p>

<em>Cheating is the key to victory!</em></p><p> </p><p>

Reese vs. <strong>Victoria</strong></p><p>

<em>Phew. For a second, I thought Peter Valentine had stopped being a dick!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Monty Walker ©</strong> vs. Frankie Future</p><p>

<em>Walk... this way.</em></p><p> </p><p>

LIVING HELL MATCH</p><p>

<strong>Charlie Homicide ©</strong> w/ Karen Killer vs. Richie Pangrazzio Jr</p><p>

<em>Could go either way - has Richie really snapped?</em></p><p> </p><p>

Cowboy Ricky Dale vs. <strong>Peter Valentine</strong> w/ Charlie Thatcher</p><p>

<em>Sam Strong says yes!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Powers of Hell (BLZ Bubb & Nemesis) ©</strong> vs. The Black Serpent Cult (Cobra & Viper)</p><p>

<em>Everyone's a JOBBER to Nemesis!</em></p><p> </p><p>

THE TEST OF STEEL</p><p>

<strong>Sam Strong ©</strong> vs. Dread</p><p>

<em>Seriously, I saw what it took for Sam to put Dread over last time.</em></p>

<p>PREDICTION KEY</p><p>

Electrico, Mr Lucha & ???? vs. <strong>Hollywood Mike Kinsey, Rocky Constantino & Romeo Heartthrob</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Joey Flame vs. <strong>Teddy Flame</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

The Stardusts (Doug & Eddie Stardust) w/ Marilyn Stardust</strong> vs. Young Blood (Paul & Richard Blood)</p><p> </p><p>

Reese vs. <strong>Victoria</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Monty Walker © </strong>vs. Frankie Future</p><p> </p><p>

LIVING HELL MATCH</p><p>

Charlie Homicide © w/ Karen Killer vs. <strong>Richie Pangrazzio Jr</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p>

<strong>The Untouchables (Joel Bryant, Paul Steadyfast, Robert Oxford & Troy Tornado)</strong> vs. Jason Jackson, Mayhem Midden, the Hype and the Night Rider w/ Lady Melissa</p><p> </p><p>

Cowboy Ricky Dale vs. <strong>Peter Valentine w/ Charlie Thatcher</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p>

<strong>The Powers of Hell (BLZ Bubb & Nemesis) ©</strong> vs. The Black Serpent Cult (Cobra & Viper)</p><p> </p><p>

THE TEST OF STEEL</p><p>

Sam Strong © vs. <strong>Dread</strong></p>

<p>PREDICTION KEY</p><p>

<strong>Electrico, Mr Lucha & ????</strong> vs. Hollywood Mike Kinsey, Rocky Constantino & Romeo Heartthrob</p><p> </p><p>

Joey Flame vs. <strong>Teddy Flame</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Stardusts (Doug & Eddie Stardust)</strong> w/ Marilyn Stardust vs. Young Blood (Paul & Richard Blood)</p><p> </p><p>

Reese vs. <strong>Victoria</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Monty Walker ©</strong> vs. Frankie Future</p><p> </p><p>

LIVING HELL MATCH</p><p>

Charlie Homicide © w/ Karen Killer vs. <strong>Richie Pangrazzio Jr</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Untouchables (Joel Bryant, Paul Steadyfast, Robert Oxford & Troy Tornado)</strong> vs. Jason Jackson, Mayhem Midden, the Hype and the Night Rider w/ Lady Melissa</p><p> </p><p>

Cowboy Ricky Dale vs. <strong>Peter Valentine</strong> w/ Charlie Thatcher</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Powers of Hell (BLZ Bubb & Nemesis) ©</strong> vs. The Black Serpent Cult (Cobra & Viper)</p><p> </p><p>

THE TEST OF STEEL</p><p>

Sam Strong © vs. <strong>Dread</strong></p>

PREDICTION KEY

Electrico, Mr Lucha & ???? vs. Hollywood Mike Kinsey, Rocky Constantino & Romeo Heartthrob

Joey Flame vs. Teddy Flame

The Stardusts (Doug & Eddie Stardust) w/ Marilyn Stardust vs. Young Blood (Paul & Richard Blood)

PANTY-SPLOSION MATCH

Reese vs. Victoria

HGC International Championship

Monty Walker © vs. Frankie Future

LIVING HELL MATCH

HGC Hardcore Championship

Charlie Homicide © w/ Karen Killer vs. Richie Pangrazzio Jr

The Untouchables (Joel Bryant, Paul Steadyfast, Robert Oxford & Troy Tornado) vs. Jason Jackson, Mayhem Midden, the Hype and the Night Rider w/ Lady Melissa

Cowboy Ricky Dale vs. Peter Valentine w/ Charlie Thatcher

HGC Tag Team Championships

The Powers of Hell (BLZ Bubb & Nemesis) © vs. The Black Serpent Cult (Cobra & Viper)

THE TEST OF STEEL

HGC World Heavyweight Championship

Sam Strong © vs. Dread

<p>Electrico, Mr Lucha & ???? vs. <strong>Hollywood Mike Kinsey, Rocky Constantino & Romeo Heartthrob</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><em>Bit of a coin flip to me but when I doubt I usually go with heels since their cheating ways give them advantage in my eyes.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>If Teddy is indeed going to be a title contender, then he better get past Joey.</em></p><p> </p><p>

The Stardusts (Doug & Eddie Stardust) w/ Marilyn Stardust vs. <strong>Young Blood (Paul & Richard Blood)</strong></p><p>

<em>I go with bit of a surprise win here, mainly because Chord have been step ahead of Liberty so far.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Victoria has been doing more so far, even though that "doing more" mainly means that she have been in odd gimmick matches like this one.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>I doubt Future gets the title here, he just don´t have much build up before this feud.</em></p><p> </p><p>

LIVING HELL MATCH</p><p>

<strong>Charlie Homicide © w/ Karen Killer</strong> vs. Richie Pangrazzio Jr</p><p>

<em>Could see this one going the other way too, but I still go with Homicide mainly because I expect Pangrazzio to be bit too angry and not thinking clear, which could well cost him this match. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Untouchables (Joel Bryant, Paul Steadyfast, Robert Oxford & Troy Tornado)</strong> vs. Jason Jackson, Mayhem Midden, the Hype and the Night Rider w/ Lady Melissa</p><p>

<em>I go with named group on this one.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Cowboy Ricky Dale</strong> vs. Peter Valentine w/ Charlie Thatcher</p><p>

<em>DQ wins once Vengeance comes in and kills Dale.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Powers of Hell (BLZ Bubb & Nemesis) ©</strong> vs. The Black Serpent Cult (Cobra & Viper)</p><p>

<em>They just won the titles and thus are unlikely to drop them this quickly espesially with Nemesis being the booker and all.</em></p><p> </p><p>

THE TEST OF STEEL</p><p>

<strong>Sam Strong ©</strong> vs. Dread</p><p>

<em>I hope that Dread wins this one but my mind says that Strong is going to retain.</em></p>

<p>PREDICTION KEY</p><p>

<strong>Electrico, Mr Lucha & ????</strong> vs. Hollywood Mike Kinsey, Rocky Constantino & Romeo Heartthrob</p><p>

<em>- I never bet against ????, but I'd like to so since I really enjoyed Kinsey in that one 77 diary he popped up in. CPW? Methinks a new flippyfloppy guy will debut to give Constantino a new challenger.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>- Important for the Heel Flame to look dangerous just after his turn.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Stardusts (Doug & Eddie Stardust)</strong> w/ Marilyn Stardust vs. Young Blood (Paul & Richard Blood)</p><p>

<em>- Because you will always remember the named... StaaaaaaaaaaaaarDuuuuuuuuustsssssssss!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>- The real winners, are the fans... and a 16 year old owner having his own explosion in his pants in the back.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>- I still think it is time for the Python to Walk this Way. And Walker is fast becoming the iconic character in this dynasty.</em></p><p> </p><p>

LIVING HELL MATCH</p><p>

Charlie Homicide © w/ Karen Killer vs. <strong>Richie Pangrazzio Jr</strong></p><p>

<em>- With PopPops retiring, it seems timely to let lil Richie get his big win. Although I prefer Homicide.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Untouchables (Joel Bryant, Paul Steadyfast, Robert Oxford & Troy Tornado)</strong> vs. Jason Jackson, Mayhem Midden, the Hype and the Night Rider w/ Lady Melissa</p><p>

<em>- I still can't get behind Steadyfast with his pic that looks like his nose has been replaced by a squashed sausage, but the other side looks like a random draw lottery... and they weren't picked.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Cowboy Ricky Dale vs. <strong>Peter Valentine</strong> w/ Charlie Thatcher</p><p>

<em>- Big PPV shocking surprise debut surprise arrival? Yes.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Powers of Hell (BLZ Bubb & Nemesis)</strong> © vs. The Black Serpent Cult (Cobra & Viper)</p><p>

<em>- BSC you've got... no chance... no chance in HELLLLLLLLLL!</em></p><p> </p><p>

THE TEST OF STEEL</p><p>

Sam Strong © vs. <strong>Dread</strong></p><p>

<em>- I'm likely wrong but I just have to root against the Strong Straw Man. It makes for a better story to me and it switches things up enough, plus, the backstage banter between Nemesis and Strong over which belt is more prestigious and Sammy could state how altruistic he is by passing the torch... to Dread.</em></p>

<p>PREDICTION KEY</p><p>

Electrico, Mr Lucha & ???? vs. <strong>Hollywood Mike Kinsey, Rocky Constantino & Romeo Heartthrob</strong> - I never go against ???? but... HOLLYWOOD MIKE!!!</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Joey Flame</strong> vs. Teddy Flame - This kicks off the feud much better than Teddy winning.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Stardusts (Doug & Eddie Stardust) w/ Marilyn Stardust </strong>vs. Young Blood (Paul & Richard Blood) - The Bloods are jobbers.</p><p> </p><p>

PANTY-SPLOSION MATCH - Oh my...</p><p>

<strong>Reese </strong>vs. Victoria - Because Petey's a dick.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Monty Walker ©</strong> vs. Frankie Future - I don't like Walker. *shrug*. But whatevs.</p><p> </p><p>

LIVING HELL MATCH</p><p>

Charlie Homicide © w/ Karen Killer vs. <strong>Richie Pangrazzio Jr</strong> - About time to pull this trigger.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Untouchables (Joel Bryant, Paul Steadyfast, Robert Oxford & Troy Tornado) </strong>vs. Jason Jackson, Mayhem Midden, the Hype and the Night Rider w/ Lady Melissa - Names yo.</p><p> </p><p>

Cowboy Ricky Dale <strong>vs. </strong>Peter Valentine w/ Charlie Thatcher - Shenanigans.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Powers of Hell (BLZ Bubb & Nemesis) © </strong>vs. The Black Serpent Cult (Cobra & Viper) - I love matches like this.</p><p> </p><p>

THE TEST OF STEEL</p><p>

Sam Strong © vs. <strong>Dread</strong> - I think Dread has enough overness to overcome that creative control...</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGC_zps9a894c88.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGC_zps9a894c88.jpg</span></a><p>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yip-DwKkMMk" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/play.png</span></a></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>HGC Presents Total Mayhem</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Sunday Week 4 May 1997</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Live on USA Free Choice, Canada 1-Choice (Rating: 1.69)</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Held at the Cattle Market (Puerto Rico)</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Attendance: 15,000 (Sold Out)</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Announcers:</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/KyleRhodes_alt1_zpsf7ecf133.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/KyleRhodes_alt1_zpsf7ecf133.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/JasonAzaria_zps417569ed.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/JasonAzaria_zps417569ed.jpg</span></a></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Kyle Rhodes – Jason Azaria</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

The dancing amid the pyro starts things going for the PPV...</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/AprilAppleseed_zps17021212.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/AprilAppleseed_zps17021212.jpg</span></a><p>

APRIL</p><p>

“Apple Pie With Cream”</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/GraceHarper_jhd2-1_zpsf66d48f3.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/GraceHarper_jhd2-1_zpsf66d48f3.jpg</span></a></p><p>

AYESHA</p><p>

"Warrior Princess"</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/CherryBomb_alt2_zps9ee64837.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/CherryBomb_alt2_zps9ee64837.jpg</span></a></p><p>

CHERRY BOMB</p><p>

So Sweet She's Sour</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/KitHatoyama_zps51506e94.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/KitHatoyama_zps51506e94.jpg</span></a></p><p>

KAMIKAZE KIT</p><p>

“Hot Mama Hatoyama”</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/MissMexico_zps4d9c98e6.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/MissMexico_zps4d9c98e6.jpg</span></a></p><p>

MISS MEXICO</p><p>

"Caliente"</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGCB_zpse2ee6f6c.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGCB_zpse2ee6f6c.jpg</span></a></p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Eleacutectrico_zps5eef04a5.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Eleacutectrico_zps5eef04a5.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/MrLuchaIII_zps35ef880c.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/MrLuchaIII_zps35ef880c.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Phoenix2_zpsae212856.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Phoenix2_zpsae212856.jpg</span></a></p><p>

Electrico, Mr Lucha & Phoenix II</p><p>

vs.</p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HollywoodMikeKinsey_zps1bacdfab.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HollywoodMikeKinsey_zps1bacdfab.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RockyConstantino_zps7d82eec7.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RockyConstantino_zps7d82eec7.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RomeoHeartthrob_zpsaa24038e.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RomeoHeartthrob_zpsaa24038e.jpg</span></a></p><p>

Hollywood Mike Kinsey, Rocky Constantino & Romeo Heartthrob</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

For a strong quantity of the Puerto Rico crowd, the revelation of Phoenix II as the ally to Mucha Lucha provokes a powerful reaction. The opposition is a slate of hard punches and dirty tricks, while the luchadores seem determined to win through with honour, and the PPV viewers are treated to an entertaining humdinger of a match.</p><p> </p><p>

It's Lucha who really shines, though; Heartthrob and Kinsey hit all their usual favourite moves, and they take a beating well while they hammer first Electrico and then Phoenix, but the luchadores rally, Mucha Lucha sending the heel trio to the outside and Phoenix then leaping onto their shoulders to springboard off into a huge splash on all three.</p><p> </p><p>

Constantino comes back on his own – the youngest member of his team, and the Cruiserweight champion, rallying and proving what he can do – but it isn't enough. Romeo finds himself isolated at length, and Lucha hits him with the Master Drop, putting the match beyond doubt.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Electrico, Mr Lucha & Phoenix II defeated Hollywood Mike Kinsey, Rocky Constantino & Romeo Heartthrob</span></p><p>

Rating: <strong>C-</strong></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGCB_zpse2ee6f6c.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGCB_zpse2ee6f6c.jpg</span></a><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HollywoodMikeKinsey_zps1bacdfab.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HollywoodMikeKinsey_zps1bacdfab.jpg</span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

Mike Kinsey finds a mic in the aftermath.</p><p> </p><p>

“You get this one,” he begins. “My boy here, Rocky, he's got the title. And Romeo and me, we've got better to look at.</p><p> </p><p>

“Maybe we'll do this again, down the line...” He grins. “A little wiser. A little more experienced. No more lucha virgin, my friends... and we're learning.</p><p> </p><p>

“So we'll do this again. With the Cruiserweight championship, and the International championship... and the World Heavyweight championship, too.</p><p> </p><p>

“Because everyone's different... and everyone's a different fit.</p><p> </p><p>

“Take your win and do whatever you have to. We're going to leave you in the dirt.”</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGCB_zpse2ee6f6c.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGCB_zpse2ee6f6c.jpg</span></a><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/JoeyFlame_zps01ddda2e.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/JoeyFlame_zps01ddda2e.jpg</span></a> vs. <a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TeddyFlame_zpsf9161142.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TeddyFlame_zpsf9161142.jpg</span></a></p><p>

Joey Flame vs. Teddy Flame</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

This is... a grudge match. It's not a typical Flames match at all; passions are running high, and the result is less about mile-high style and more about brawling, throwing, gouging...</p><p> </p><p>

Joey fights like a wronged man, but Teddy fights as if he were twenty years younger and fresh out of Philly; some of what he's doing here is, in fact, plainly out of the part of Monty Walker's playbook he only goes to in DaVE. With the match going to more extreme, more brutal, places than HGC normally does, even the lack of flying seems to work for the crowd, who come to life as the battle escalates.</p><p> </p><p>

Joey catches Teddy with a back suplex from the top rope, hanging on to the ropes with his knees, and follows up with a moonsault. That nearly ends things, but Teddy manages to get a foot to the ropes. In the ensuing fracas, he rakes his brother's eyes then connects with the Flame On to get the win.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Teddy Flame defeated Joey Flame</span></p><p>

Rating: <strong>C</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/MarilynStardust_zps8b00cb16.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/MarilynStardust_zps8b00cb16.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/DougPeak_jhd20LE_zpsc896edd5.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/DougPeak_jhd20LE_zpsc896edd5.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/EddiePeak_jhdPH2-1_zps8ff4c7cd.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/EddiePeak_jhdPH2-1_zps8ff4c7cd.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RipChord_zpsa22d8f99.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RipChord_zpsa22d8f99.jpg</span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

The cameras take us into the Stardusts' locker room. Marilyn is applying the glitter to her sons' hair. Rip Chord sits opposite from them.</p><p> </p><p>

“Don't assume anything,” he says. “You've got the power advantage, but Liberty's put big men down. You have to to get far in Texas. He'll have taught them tricks that overwhelm and outwit powerhouses.</p><p> </p><p>

“But you know their weak spots. Or you should.</p><p> </p><p>

“We've loaded the guns, boys. It's about pulling the triggers at the right time, now.”</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RichMoney_alt2_zpsa1c0065a.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RichMoney_alt2_zpsa1c0065a.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RichardBlood_zpsdd07b37c.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RichardBlood_zpsdd07b37c.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Liberty_zps4a5711f1.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Liberty_zps4a5711f1.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p>

And the camera cuts to a different locker room, in which Young Blood are gathered with Liberty.</p><p> </p><p>

“Don't let their size intimidate you,” Liberty says. “They're big, but they're not as fast as they will be. They hit hard, but they don't have as many options as they will.</p><p> </p><p>

“Right now, you two have the advantage. You can keep that if you push it. You can prove you deserve to be here.</p><p> </p><p>

“They have family connections, so you need to excel beyond that. You need to shine where they'll feel they can coast – and you have to make that cost them.”</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/DougPeak_jhd20LE_zpsc896edd5.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/DougPeak_jhd20LE_zpsc896edd5.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/EddiePeak_jhdPH2-1_zps8ff4c7cd.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/EddiePeak_jhdPH2-1_zps8ff4c7cd.jpg</span></a> w/ <a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/MarilynStardust_zps8b00cb16.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/MarilynStardust_zps8b00cb16.jpg</span></a> vs. <a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RichMoney_alt2_zpsa1c0065a.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RichMoney_alt2_zpsa1c0065a.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RichardBlood_zpsdd07b37c.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RichardBlood_zpsdd07b37c.jpg</span></a></p><p>

The Stardusts w/ Marilyn Stardust vs. Young Blood</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

Despite the superstars' involvement, almost nobody cares enough to watch this one in the arena – which is a shame, as there are the makings of a good match here, if it was given time and enthusiasm. </p><p> </p><p>

The Stardusts have power and savagery; Young Blood have speed. And Paul Blood in particular shines here – especially catching Eddie with a backflip face crusher, allowing him to pin the (slightly) bigger Stardust and give Liberty something to cheer.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Young Blood defeated The Stardusts</span></p><p>

Rating:<strong> E</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/ReesePaige_zps57e721ec.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/ReesePaige_zps57e721ec.jpg</span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

Reese comes to the ring dressed in an elegant if somewhat fanservice-y EGL outfit. She doesn't look particularly happy about this, shaking her head and repeatedly telling the camera “I'm better than this!”</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/VictoriaStone_zps3d01e33d.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/VictoriaStone_zps3d01e33d.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p>

After she's settled in the ring, Victoria emerges, wearing something very similar, but substantially skimpier. Rhodes and Azaria are by now engaged in a lengthy discussion about whether or not this kind of outfit will hinder the wrestlers, slowly evolving into an agreement that it has to. Of course, as Rhodes points out, with them both in this kind of costume the limits are balanced out.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/AshleyAmazon_zpsdeda8e4a.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/AshleyAmazon_zpsdeda8e4a.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p>

That probably explains the Runway Train crashing into Victoria from behind before the match can start.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/DreamGirl_zpsd687ecf5.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/DreamGirl_zpsd687ecf5.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/JimmyPower_zpsf9cfcc1c.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/JimmyPower_zpsf9cfcc1c.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p>

Egged on by Dream Girl, Ashley Amazon brutalises Victoria, whose ability to fight back is, indeed, hindered by the outfit. By the time the refs – assisted, possibly inexplicably,, by Jimmy Power - manage to break it up, she's in no state to enter the ring.</p><p> </p><p>

Regretfully, Ryan Holland calls off the match. Reese celebrates as if she'd just taken Olympic gold.</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/MontyWalker_zps617e2ddb.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/MontyWalker_zps617e2ddb.jpg</span></a> vs. <a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HonestFrank_zpsfa3e66f6.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HonestFrank_zpsfa3e66f6.jpg</span></a></p><p>

Monty Walker © vs. Frankie Future</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

Despite the ref's clear intent, this one rapidly becomes as close to hardcore as you can get without spilling over. Both Walker and Future, at different times, interrupt Eugene Williams as he moves to call for a DQ; shortly after the second of those, Ryan Holland runs down and the two refs 'tag' in the middle of the ring, leaving the Extreme Ref to continue officiating.</p><p> </p><p>

Rhodes and Azaria essentially do standup on that fact for the remainder of the match.</p><p> </p><p>

A ladder rapidly enters the ring and both men innovate with it. Future comes close to winning a couple of times, but Monty always looks like he has SOMETHING in reserve – and he does. Ultimately he hits a big splash from the top of the ladder to pin Future and end the contest.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Monty Walker defeated Frankie Future</span></p><p>

Rating: <strong>D</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/BryanVessey_alt2jt_zps7372f544.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/BryanVessey_alt2jt_zps7372f544.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/LarryVessey_alt2jt_zps24235830.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/LarryVessey_alt2jt_zps24235830.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RichiePangrazzioJr_zps0ce6c4f2.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RichiePangrazzioJr_zps0ce6c4f2.jpg</span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

The Vessey Brothers pause outside a door backstage. They look at one another, then nod. Bryan knocks on the door; a complicated sequence. After a few moments, the door opens and Richie Pangrazzio Jr emerges.</p><p> </p><p>

“We ready?” Bryan asks. Richie just nods.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/GhenghisRahn_zps9d0ab301.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/GhenghisRahn_zps9d0ab301.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/SaionjiOmura_zps6321d7de.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/SaionjiOmura_zps6321d7de.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Destiny_zps12a34f6f.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Destiny_zps12a34f6f.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p>

The camera precedes them down the corridor, the Vesseys acting as an escort. As their path crosses an intersection, Genghis Rahn steps out of one side; Saonji Omura and the Insane Heat from the other.</p><p> </p><p>

The Vesseys stare them down. Larry raises a fist; glittering gold on that fist is a knuckleduster. The hardcore warriors who've dogged Pangrazzio's last few months give ground, and the All-Star team press forward.</p><p> </p><p>

They pass through a knot of other dishevelled, oddly-dressed individuals, but nothing happens. At length, Larry breaks the silence. “You can't let yourself lose control. You know this is going to be the last shot he gives you. For the Coach-”</p><p> </p><p>

“I know,” Pangrazzio says, his tone entirely level.</p><p> </p><p>

“Don't worry, Larry. He can't get in my head anymore. I understand now.</p><p> </p><p>

“This is a man's work, and I come to it as a man.”</p><p> </p><p>

LIVING HELL MATCH</p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/CharlieHomicide_zps8a26f2a6.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/CharlieHomicide_zps8a26f2a6.jpg</span></a> w/ <a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/KarenKiller_alt_zpsda0c9369.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/KarenKiller_alt_zpsda0c9369.jpg</span></a> vs. <a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RichiePangrazzioJr_zps0ce6c4f2.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RichiePangrazzioJr_zps0ce6c4f2.jpg</span></a></p><p>

Charlie Homicide © w/ Karen Killer vs. Richie Pangrazzio Jr</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

Oh, the brutality. Oh, the blood.</p><p> </p><p>

And oh, the clinical, slow pace. Neither man takes unusual risks. Neither man yells and hurls himself at the other. This is, on both sides, nothing but calculating, and neither man allows their expression to change at all.</p><p> </p><p>

The steel meatlocker that is the Living Hell sees its fair share of action; Homicide DDTs Richie onto it, and later, Junior comes back with a piledriver. Homicide attempts a chokeslam into it; Richie somehow converts that into a vicious looking armbar.</p><p> </p><p>

And, in the end, Richie hits an ugly, ugly dropkick, that can at least be explained as ugly due to exhaustion. Homicide crashes from the mat into the steel – and Pangrazzio gets the lid shut.</p><p> </p><p>

He turns the key in the lock.</p><p> </p><p>

Charlie Homicide is in a Living Hell, and HGC has a new Hardcore Champion.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Richie Pangrazzio Jr defeated Charlie Homicide</span></p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/JoelBryant_zps9ad5f3db.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/JoelBryant_zps9ad5f3db.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/PaulSteadyfast_zps24fcbe23.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/PaulSteadyfast_zps24fcbe23.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RobertOxford_alt5_zpsfd717e73.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RobertOxford_alt5_zpsfd717e73.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TroyTornado_zps14859227.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TroyTornado_zps14859227.jpg</span></a></p><p>

The Untouchables</p><p>

vs.</p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/JasonJackson_zpsb5fe3948.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/JasonJackson_zpsb5fe3948.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/MayhemMidden_zps2fdedf74.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/MayhemMidden_zps2fdedf74.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TheHype_zps5b660eaf.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TheHype_zps5b660eaf.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TheNightRider_zps081a7fc6.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TheNightRider_zps081a7fc6.jpg</span></a> w/ <a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/LadyMelissa_zps999fee22.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/LadyMelissa_zps999fee22.jpg</span></a></p><p>

Lady Melissa's School w/ Lady Melissa</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

A wild match, this, with Lady Melissa's team having little in common – but then, that also means whenever there's a tag the style the Untouchables face changes.</p><p> </p><p>

Meanwhile, the unified front of the Untouchables takes a pummelling; it gives one out, too, sure – a particularly memorable moment from the match sees Steadyfast bait Mayhem Midden in, only to move aside so Troy Tornado can fly between the ropes and spear him – but over time, without the chance of rescue from outside interference, the Untouchables are worn down.</p><p> </p><p>

In the end it comes down to a medley of finishers, culminating when Paul Steadyfast puts the Night Rider down and turns into the Hype's kick rush known as the Greatest Hits. Steadyfast goes down and the pin is finally secured!</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Lady Melissa's School defeated The Untouchables</span></p><p>

Rating: <strong>D+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RickyDaleJohnson_zpsbd30bf4a.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RickyDaleJohnson_zpsbd30bf4a.jpg</span></a> vs. <a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/PeterValentine_zps28746aab.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/PeterValentine_zps28746aab.jpg</span></a> w/ <a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/CharlieThatcher_zpsc706a02b.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/CharlieThatcher_zpsc706a02b.jpg</span></a></p><p>

Cowboy Ricky Dale vs. Peter Valentine w/ Charlie Thatcher</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

This one's become an old-school grudge match, as the master of the Heart Punch struggles to put down the sheriff of the squared circle. </p><p> </p><p>

Thatcher loiters ringside, and at one point attempts to make his presence felt, but you don't fool Ricky Dale the same way twice; he mashes his own hat into Thatcher's face, blinding the Licenced Cougar Hunter, then hits him with the straightest of straight rights, knocking him off the apron.</p><p> </p><p>

Valentine stalls. Valentine distracts. Valentine sneaks in cheap shots. It's all in a day's work for the veteran, a man who knows a way to trick even the most seasoned competitor.</p><p> </p><p>

The lights flicker out. The screen dissolves into static.</p><p> </p><p>

When the lights come up, Peter Valentine is nowhere to be seen. Ricky Dale is bleeding on the canvas.</p><p> </p><p>

Sam Sparrow does the only thing he can see his way clear to doing, and counts Valentine out.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Cowboy Ricky Dale defeated Peter Valentine</span></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGCB_zpse2ee6f6c.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGCB_zpse2ee6f6c.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

“YOUR SIN IS MORTAL,” a voice booms. It's unrecognisable in the static.</p><p> </p><p>

“THE SINNER IS MORTAL ALSO. BUT THE VICTIM...</p><p> </p><p>

“THE VICTIM IS A VICTIM NO MORE. THE VICTIM HAS BECOME THE BEARER OF GOD'S WRATH.</p><p> </p><p>

“JUDGEMENT IS COMING.”</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RickyDaleJohnson_zpsbd30bf4a.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RickyDaleJohnson_zpsbd30bf4a.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p>

The Cowboy, limping, has gone white beneath the blood. He picks up his pace, hurrying from the ring.</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TysonBaine_zps9c634cca.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TysonBaine_zps9c634cca.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Nemisis_zps5d605fae.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Nemisis_zps5d605fae.jpg</span></a> vs. <a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Cobra_zps32619bb8.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Cobra_zps32619bb8.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Viper_zps85b94dc4.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Viper_zps85b94dc4.jpg</span></a></p><p>

The Powers of Hell © vs. The Black Serpent Cult</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

The Cult pick up their pace and pull out all the stops with the belt on the line, forcing the Powers to dig down at least as deep as they did against the Vesseys.</p><p> </p><p>

It gets impressive – at one point, Viper slams Cobra onto a downed Bubb; at another, Bubb powerbombs both of the Cult simultaneously – but after a long run, the Hades Bomb sinks Cobra. Nemesis bulls Viper out of the ring, allowing the champions to pick up a well-deserved win.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">The Powers of Hell defeated The Black Serpent Cult</span></p><p>

Rating: <strong>B-</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/SamStrong_agerY3_zpse7368410.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/SamStrong_agerY3_zpse7368410.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Dread_alt1_zps62531a06.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Dread_alt1_zps62531a06.jpg</span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

The talents of HGC's production department get their chance to shine now. Set to Republica's <em>Ready To Go</em>, a video revisits the battle between Sam Strong and Dread which has dominated HGC since its December beginnings.</p><p> </p><p>

TEST OF STEEL</p><p>

HGC World Heavyweight Championship</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/SamStrong_agerY3_zpse7368410.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/SamStrong_agerY3_zpse7368410.jpg</span></a> vs. <a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Dread_alt1_zps62531a06.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/Dread_alt1_zps62531a06.jpg</span></a></p><p>

Sam Strong © vs. Dread</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

There's nothing pretty about this. Both the ultimate hero and even the shadow of fear seem desperate to win this final chapter in the war, both bleeding early on. Strong manages to press Dread over his head, tossing him over the ropes and into the steel.</p><p> </p><p>

Normally, a feat like that would be followed by Strong taking a moment, both to pose and play to the crowd, and to recuperate – but here, he clearly doesn't feel he can risk the time. He follows Dread to the outside, where the shadow of fear knocks him down then whips him into the steps.</p><p> </p><p>

Dread will ultimately top the sight of Strong pressing the shadow of fear above his head; after a huge slam in the ring, Dread leaves Strong lying, climbing the cage wall – and launching off from it into a huge Dreadsault!</p><p> </p><p>

Strong kicks out so close to three the commentary team are arguing about it for a while afterward, and he's moving slowly from that point on. While the fans still get behind him, Strong is slow to respond, and his Strong Arm Tactic doesn't hit with all its' momentum – Dread stays standing. Strong tries again – ducks a big boot – kicks Dread's other leg out from under him! Legdrop!</p><p> </p><p>

Dread makes it back to his feet, punching Strong and lawn-darting him into the corner of the cell, where the ultimate hero collapses, unresponsive.</p><p> </p><p>

A nervous Sam Sparrow checks the downed champ – then, in a panic, calls for the EMTs.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">The match was stopped owing to injury</span></p><p>

Rating: <strong>B</strong></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Show Rating: B</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p>So is Strong gonna eventually send in a video to Stallings or is he dead/refusing to breach kayfabe? Cause really, I can imagine the booking meeting that went down for that finish probably had 38 profanities, 46 uses of the word brother, and 10 reminders to Stallings and/or Nemesis that Strong had the creative control, brother.</p><p> </p><p>

You don't just lawndart Sam Strong, brother, cause hes more over than the entire world, brother.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="White Dolphin" data-cite="White Dolphin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36122" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So is Strong gonna eventually send in a video to Stallings or is he dead/refusing to breach kayfabe? Cause really, I can imagine the booking meeting that went down for that finish probably had 38 profanities, 46 uses of the word brother, and 10 reminders to Stallings and/or Nemesis that Strong had the creative control, brother.<p> </p><p> You don't just lawndart Sam Strong, brother, cause hes more over than the entire world, brother.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not unless you can sell him on a giant hyped up comeback angle, brother.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TheHype_zps5b660eaf.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TheHype_zps5b660eaf.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

“You know the best thing about having retired?” Todd Cusson grins, grinding his Marlboro into an ashtray. He reaches down onto the table one-handed and picks up a burger, taking a bite, taking his time about it. “The diet change. Seriously.</p><p> </p><p>

“Anyway, so where were we...? Right, yeah. End of May, and HGC's getting proper mainstream press again for the first time in most of the year, you know, after the first thrill wore off.</p><p> </p><p>

“It started with the GLAAD issues, and questions about whether a fake death was really the right kind of tone, and all of that fuss. And we show up the next Sunday and I s**t you not, everything outside the tag matches has been rebooked.</p><p> </p><p>

“The Panty-Splosion ends up cancelled. Azrael doesn't properly debut on the PPV itself, just cuts a promo, and the match ends normally. Monty's match doesn't get turned into a hardcore match officially, so the crowd reaction's all a bit what-the-hell's-going-on. I get the win rather than New School making the cover. And Sam Strong, according to all the announcements, is suddenly losing.</p><p> </p><p>

“Which is not what happened, frankly. But there you go.</p><p> </p><p>

“It's what got the headlines, though. Not Richie locking Homicide away, which was supposed to be the top surprise of the night. Not Azrael hitting the ring, because he didn't. But when the press were paying attention, Sam Strong got 'injured'. And Sam Strong got the headlines.</p><p> </p><p>

“And the belt?” He smiles. “That whole thing went sideways. Our main event booking turned into two kinds of story, and only one of them had good wrestling attached.” He takes another bite of his burger.</p><p> </p><p>

“Wasn't my problem back then, of course.”</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/ShaneSneer_zpsdc151672.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/ShaneSneer_zpsdc151672.jpg</span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

Shane Sneer collects his thoughts, seated at the control board for the internet radio station he and Rick Sanders run. He sighs.</p><p> </p><p>

“OK, so, first things first. I made a lot of money in HGC, and I think I was able to help make some great wrestling moments better, and without Sam Strong calling to hire me, I don't think that could've happened. So I'll always be grateful to Sam for that. And for that only.”</p><p> </p><p>

He glances off to one side, then looks directly into the camera. “The whole angle coming out of the Test of Steel was bullshit. Someone did not want to put Dread over, and frankly, if you can't bring yourself to put Dread, a legit three-hundred-pounder with a great looking moonsault and a hell of a power and mat game, a legend in the business, the authentic shadow of fear on two continents, if you, as I say, cannot bring yourself to put Dread over, you need to check your ego on entering the state because if you just leave it at the door you're still gonna be covered by the damn thing.</p><p> </p><p>

“But there we go. Now, if you're not willing to do that, that's one thing, but he was going around not long after acting like he'd put Dread over, acting like this proved he was just one of the boys. And that's a risk when you've got veterans like Dusty Streets, Rip Chord, even Charlie Homicide on the roster. Charlie especially, he felt the Coach's retirement should've been the big story back then, and it got lost in the shuffle.”</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/PeterValentine_zps28746aab.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/PeterValentine_zps28746aab.jpg</span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

Peter Valentine shrugs. “Sometimes, you've got to do something a bit wrong-headed, so you can make up for it later. You can't always give the fans what they want right off the bat, and Sam knows that. You've just got to look at his career to know how good a sense for the business he has.</p><p> </p><p>

“But really, I think what Sam was doing there made sense. He blew off the angle, he solved the problem of the belt, and we still had Strong and Dread in our back pocket for, like, a year down the line, if we needed it.</p><p> </p><p>

“And meanwhile people like me and Homicide and Rip, we were making sure it wouldn't be necessary.”</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TheHype_zps5b660eaf.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TheHype_zps5b660eaf.jpg</span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

“Things were getting their big shakeup about then,” Todd recalls. “Both the headline grab – and the backstage argument that came out of it, with the bet – but mostly just that we had a second show a week all of a sudden. Some of the big names didn't work house shows, and when it came to that lot, a portion of it was unhappy at the idea the second TV show might make them do more work.</p><p> </p><p>

“We – meaning the younger end – were more than happy to take that time, but there was some question whether or not we'd be able to keep the fans tuning in. A lot of the fans we had had come to it through hearing about Sam and Rip, and we weren't sure how well they were buying the others.</p><p> </p><p>

“You can work with two bookers, so long as they're on the same page. We had three, and they weren't.”</p>

<p>So yeah, reiterating what I said to 3rdStringPG's diary: You deserve infinite credit for steadfastly doing the diary the way you think it would actually happen, not necessarily the way you'd WANT it to happen. The pieces fit, even though you've stated that some of the non-obvious wrestlers are so full of **** they'd squeak going into a turn while doing these shoots for Mr. Stallings.</p><p> </p><p>

Really, the only flaw I can think of with this diary is that it wasn't a simple case of you cranking out 15 years or so of the save itself, then reporting on the major bits, cause it does kinda suck we may not get the stuff touched upon thus far, such as Nemesis going on to own the company and DAVE winning the war and (seemingly) riding out the storm, using Cornell as the glue to hold the company together. Not only this, but the SWF survives IPW becoming either a still major threat or the true #1 promotion. And thats just USA. Thomas Morgan being a double champion? Giant Redwood and Big Smack Scott in the same company? No doubt once this Luchadores storyline pans out, hey, maybe we'll hear about parallel universe SOTBPW taking it to the other two faster than they did before.</p><p> </p><p>

But ultimately, maybe its like Idaho Punisher's bio: Its probably for the best if we never know what he was punishing Idaho for. Likewise, maybe its the building and progression thats the truly well-written bit, not necessarily the fact this thread had an excellent post that not coincidentally involved Big Smack Scott suffering from mild delusions and a near-fatal overdose of unwarranted self-importance.</p><p> </p><p>

Or maybe I'm overthinking this a little. Points to ponder.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s293.photobucket.com/user/trenchcoatbrigand/media/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGC_zps9a894c88.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGC_zps9a894c88.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Charlie Thatcher</strong> has been a silent factor in the shadows on Peter Valentine's behalf until now, but this Tuesday he steps out into the spotlight. His opponent? <strong>Liberty</strong>. Will Liberty be hoping to prove he, too, can overcome a bigger wrestler?</p><p> </p><p>

Tag team action follows, and the brave <strong>Maple Leafs</strong> march into action against <strong>Streets Run Red</strong>. We'd all expected Dusty Streets to target Sam Strong, but this tag division alliance could be a real boost for his career...</p><p> </p><p>

In non-title action, 'the Python' <strong>Monty Walker</strong> takes on <strong>Paul Steadyfast</strong> of the Untouchables. Will Monty's winning ways continue?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mr Lucha </strong>seems to have put Romeo Heartthrob behind him, but he may not enjoy his first opponent up since that war - <strong>Dread</strong> is in the house, and the shadow of fear will not be happy.</p><p> </p><p>

Tag team action will follow, and the <strong>Nation of Filth</strong> seem to have a bone to pick with <strong>Shining Force</strong> over the attention this new team is getting. Will the Nation put them, as they see it, in their place?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Peter Valentine</strong> has his work cut out to get back to winning ways, too. His opponent Tuesday? <strong>Brent Hill</strong> - the talented member of the Next Generation.</p><p> </p><p>

And in the main event, the <strong>Demons of Rage</strong> once again clash with their old enemies the <strong>Vessey Brothers</strong>. The tag team scene is thriving!</p><p> </p><p>

Prediction Key:</p><p>

Charlie Thatcher vs. Liberty</p><p> </p><p>

The Maple Leafs (Grinder & Slapshot) vs. Streets Run Red (Dusty Streets & Giant Redwood)</p><p> </p><p>

Monty Walker vs. Paul Steadyfast</p><p> </p><p>

Dread vs. Mr Lucha</p><p> </p><p>

The Nation of Filth (Grunt & Stink) vs. Shining Force (Dark EAGLE & the Great Hisato)</p><p> </p><p>

Brent Hill vs. Peter Valentine w/ Charlie Thatcher</p><p> </p><p>

The Demons of Rage (Demon Anger & Demon Spite) vs. The Vessey Brothers (Bryan & Larry Vessey)</p>

<p>Prediction Key:</p><p>

<strong>Charlie Thatcher</strong> vs. Liberty</p><p> </p><p>

The Maple Leafs (Grinder & Slapshot) vs. <strong>Streets Run Red (Dusty Streets & Giant Redwood)</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Monty Walker</strong> vs. Paul Steadyfast</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dread</strong> vs. Mr Lucha</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Nation of Filth (Grunt & Stink)</strong> vs. Shining Force (Dark EAGLE & the Great Hisato)</p><p> </p><p>

Brent Hill vs. <strong>Peter Valentine w/ Charlie Thatcher</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

The Demons of Rage (Demon Anger & Demon Spite)</strong> vs. The Vessey Brothers (Bryan & Larry Vessey)</p>

<p>Charlie Thatcher vs. <strong>Liberty</strong></p><p>

<em>Don´t really see Thatcher beating many guys who are above jobber level and certainly not Liberty who is feuding with Chord.</em></p><p> </p><p>

The Maple Leafs (Grinder & Slapshot) vs. <strong>Streets Run Red (Dusty Streets & Giant Redwood)</strong></p><p>

<em>Can´t beliave I´m actually picking Redwood to win something.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Monty Walker vs. <strong>Paul Steadyfast</strong></p><p>

<em>Not sure about this one but it´s non-title so I bet against the champ.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dread</strong> vs. Mr Lucha</p><p>

<em>Lucha is good guy but Dread is bit too much for him.</em></p><p> </p><p>

The Nation of Filth (Grunt & Stink) vs. <strong>Shining Force (Dark EAGLE & the Great Hisato)</strong></p><p>

<em>No idea, really so just go with more talented guys.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Brent Hill vs. <strong>Peter Valentine w/ Charlie Thatcher</strong></p><p>

<em>I really pains me to do this but surely Valentine is above Hill in pecking order.</em></p><p> </p><p>

The Demons of Rage (Demon Anger & Demon Spite) vs. <strong>The Vessey Brothers (Bryan & Larry Vessey)</strong></p><p>

<em>Vesseys are more likely to challenge tag champs and thus more likely to get a win here too.</em></p>

<p>Charlie Thatcher vs. <strong>Liberty</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The Maple Leafs (Grinder & Slapshot) vs. <strong>Streets Run Red (Dusty Streets & Giant Redwood)</strong></p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Monty Walker</strong> vs. Paul Steadyfast</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dread</strong> vs. Mr Lucha</p><p> </p><p>

The Nation of Filth (Grunt & Stink) vs. <strong>Shining Force (Dark EAGLE & the Great Hisato)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Brent Hill vs. <strong>Peter Valentine</strong> w/ Charlie Thatcher</p><p> </p><p>

The Demons of Rage (Demon Anger & Demon Spite) vs. <strong>The Vessey Brothers (Bryan & Larry Vessey)</strong></p>

So yeah, reiterating what I said to 3rdStringPG's diary: You deserve infinite credit for steadfastly doing the diary the way you think it would actually happen, not necessarily the way you'd WANT it to happen. The pieces fit, even though you've stated that some of the non-obvious wrestlers are so full of **** they'd squeak going into a turn while doing these shoots for Mr. Stallings.

Really, the only flaw I can think of with this diary is that it wasn't a simple case of you cranking out 15 years or so of the save itself, then reporting on the major bits, cause it does kinda suck we may not get the stuff touched upon thus far, such as Nemesis going on to own the company and DAVE winning the war and (seemingly) riding out the storm, using Cornell as the glue to hold the company together. Not only this, but the SWF survives IPW becoming either a still major threat or the true #1 promotion. And thats just USA. Thomas Morgan being a double champion? Giant Redwood and Big Smack Scott in the same company? No doubt once this Luchadores storyline pans out, hey, maybe we'll hear about parallel universe SOTBPW taking it to the other two faster than they did before.

As a side note, I wanted to say thank you for the kind words. I'll admit the diary is unlikely to reach the culmination of certain elements that've been touched on here, which is kind of a shame, but I find that things work better if I only know about half of what's going to be revealed before I sit down and figure it out; the better to incorporate sudden discoveries like chemistry, breakout stars, etc, into the narrative. At the same time, playing it out far enough to work that entirely retrospectively isn't something I'm comfortable with; it doesn't allow me to react well when everyone abruptly decides to root for a given midcarder or freak out about Charlie Homicide, and for that matter, it doesn't allow me to write out a promo in detail, get an idea I didn't have when I blocked out the show from that detail, and incorporate it.

It's a funny old balancing act...

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Total Mayhem" data-cite="Total Mayhem" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36122" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A nervous Sam Sparrow checks the downed champ – then, in a panic, calls for the EMTs.<p> The match was stopped owing to injury</p><p> Rating: B</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm glad you explained this in the shoot comments section, because otherwise I'd have railed on you for having such a ridiculous end to your PPV. As it is, it makes a lot of sense. Sam the Ego Strong flexing his creative control to essentially bury the whole World Heavyweight Division and him (and Petey V) thinking he is going something philanthropic.</p><p> </p><p> Without the shoot comments it would have been me mocking you for having an injury stoppage in a match designed to hurt people.</p><p> </p><p> I liked how it was booked not to get the best results but to tell the story you want to tell, I may not have agreed with the reason for the non-contest, but I enjoyed the explanation.</p><p> </p><p> Now to some predicterizing!</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Charlie Thatcher</strong> vs. Liberty</p><p> <em>- On this night, the Licensed Cougar Hunt is prey.</em></p><p> </p><p> The Maple Leafs (Grinder & Slapshot) vs. <strong>Streets Run Red (Dusty Streets & Giant Redwood)</strong></p><p> <em>- Giant Redwood is the next big thing, hot ticket item after all!</em></p><p> </p><p> Monty Walker vs. <strong>Paul Steadyfast</strong></p><p> <em>- The Untouchables help Steadyfast steal a victory in non-title action.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Dread</strong> vs. Mr Lucha</p><p> <em>- The Shadow of Fear stretches well into Mexico. Somewhere a Heart is Throbbin' in glee.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The Nation of Filth (Grunt & Stink)</strong> vs. Shining Force (Dark EAGLE & the Great Hisato)</p><p> <em>- I'm not a fan, but NoF seem way further up the card than those workrate flippy floppys from across the Pacific.</em></p><p> </p><p> Brent Hill vs. <strong>Peter Valentine</strong> w/ Charlie Thatcher</p><p> <em>- Petey's Strong Push continues. Somewhere panties are 'xplodin'!</em></p><p> </p><p> The Demons of Rage (Demon Anger & Demon Spite) vs. <strong>The Vessey Brothers (Bryan & Larry Vessey)</strong></p><p> <em>- One of the two tough calls on the card (the other being Walker/Steadyfast) but I'll give the win to the Vesseys to set up their rematch with the Powers of Hell, as they use the fuel of their coach's retirement to hurt and hurl the Demons.</em></p>

Archived