[C-Verse 97] [HGC/DaVE] Everybody Knows

Battle Royal - Charlie Thatcher, Cowboy Ricky Dale, Human Arsenal, Jason Jackson, Paul Steadyfast, Peter Valentine, Rip Chord, Robert Oxford, The Hype (w/ Lady Melissa), and The Night Rider

Cruiserweight Championship - Vacant

Mr Lucha vs. Romeo Heartthrob

Demons of Rage (Demon Anger & Demon Spite) vs. Spirit Warriors (Golden Fox & Dark EAGLE)

Blazing Flames (Joey Flame & Teddy Flame) vs. Nation of Filth (Grunt & Stink)

International Championship

Monty Walker © vs. Jimmy Power

Hardcore Championship - Dog Collar Match

Charlie Homicide © w/ Karen Killer vs. Richie Pangrazzio Jr w/ Coach Dick Pangrazzio

Tag Team Championships

The Vessey Brothers © w/ Coach Dick Pangrazzio vs. ????

World Heavyweight Championship

Sam Strong © vs. Dread

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great start, I will definitely follow this one.

Prediction Key:

Battle Royal - Charlie Thatcher, Cowboy Ricky Dale, Human Arsenal, Jason Jackson, Paul Steadyfast, Peter Valentine, Rip Chord, Robert Oxford, The Hype (w/ Lady Melissa), and The Night Rider

I always have a hard time predicting with these historic mods mainly because the guys who aren´t yet big names but who I know will be in the future, like RDJ. Still pretty sure that Chord is the top guy here so I play safe and pick him.

Just going with who I like more on this one.

Demons of Rage (Demon Anger & Demon Spite) vs. Spirit Warriors (Golden Fox & Dark EAGLE)

Demons of Rage are one of the top teams for sure so I assume they pick the win too.

Just going with personal preference this time as I have never really liked Nation of Filth for some reason.

I go with no title change in first show theory here.

Charlie Homicide © w/ Karen Killer vs. Richie Pangrazzio Jr w/ Coach Dick Pangrazzio

Same here.

Tag Team Championships

Now this is little differend as there was quite clear hint that Nemesis and Baine (or BLZ Bubb) will be teaming up and they might well be the opponents here. Actually I´m going to count on that so I have Vessey´s drop the titles here.

Sam Strong © vs. Dread

Don´t see Strong dropping the main title so soon, not even to Dread.

Chord is money in the '97 database, and there's no-one in that list that comes close to being as valuable as he is.

Coinflip, but Heartthrob makes a good non-flying heel for the cruiserweight scene.

The Demons are over, the Spirit Warriors...aren't.

Coin flip

Walker may have some backstage problems, but he's got charisma to burn

Homicide seems like the kind of character you can have a little more fun with

Tag Team Championships

You haven't mentioned BLZ Bubb in this show yet, and you've mentioned a Bubb/Nemesis tag-team...

Sam Strong © vs. Dread

New company, new belt. Keeping it on the face makes sense.

Tag Team Championships

Sam Strong © vs. Dread

Rip Chord does not just lose.

He's not a Cruiserweight! This cannot possibly fail!

JOBBERS!

JOBBERS!

Champ's advantage.

Because he's just that hardcore.

Tag Team Championships

Vesseys do not just lose.

Sam Strong © vs. Dread

Sam Strong is running wild!

- Makes more sense for a youngster like Cowboy Ricky Dale, Human Arsenal or The Hype to win this, but Rip Chord's got creative control. He will refuse to lose.

Likewise. I don't remember Romeo being a cruiserweight. And furthermore, he's much more over.

Masked jobbers do the job...

A win for the Nation of Filth is good enough to incite a riot.

Monty's the champ, Power's a gatekeeper.

HE'S HARDCORE! HE'S HARDCORE!

Tag Team Championships

The Vesseys are too good and too over to job to a question mark team, though I wonder who those question marks are...

Sam Strong © vs. Dread

At this point in his career, Sam Strong would cut off his left nut before putting Dread over.

Prediction Key:

- I know... Don't believe the Hype... but I do. I can't help myself!

- That's Señor Campeón Lucha to you!

- Demon trumps Spirit, Rage out emotes Warrior.

- To quote a younger Eric Tyler (he was never truly young)... "Pay your (filthy) dues. Pay 'em!"

- Is Jimmy Power the poppa of Forceful Jim Powers?

- No way am I going to get on the wrong side of Charlie Homicide... ever!

Tag Team Championships

- I never bet against ????, especially not twice that! ?? and ??. Lords of War perchance?

Sam Strong © vs. Dread

- I know this is wrong, but just once I want someone to use the first show to shift the biggest title in the federation to someone else.

Tag Team Championships

Sam Strong © vs. Dread

Prediction Key:

Tag Team Championships

Sam Strong (c) vs. Dread

Prediction Key:

Battle Royal - Charlie Thatcher, Cowboy Ricky Dale, Human Arsenal, Jason Jackson, Paul Steadyfast, Peter Valentine, Rip Chord, Robert Oxford, The Hype (w/ Lady Melissa), and The Night Rider The old man to win, but not eliminate half the field

Mr Lucha vs. Romeo Heartthrob Cruiserweights = Mexico

Demons of Rage (Demon Anger & Demon Spite) vs. Spirit Warriors (Golden Fox & Dark EAGLE) Might as well make use of what they've got

Blazing Flames (Joey Flame & Teddy Flame) vs. Nation of Filth (Grunt & Stink) A new company, a new challenge, and the Flames want to go singles - seems to make sense to have them put the 'youngsters' over first...

Monty Walker © vs. Jimmy Power Fight the power!

Charlie Homicide © w/ Karen Killer vs. Richie Pangrazzio Jr w/ Coach Dick Pangrazzio Because... no reason. Just guessing

Tag Team Championships

The Vessey Brothers © w/ Coach Dick Pangrazzio vs. ???? Nemesis and Bubb? Even if so, I don't see an immediate title switch. An immediate bloodletting, maybe.

Sam Strong © vs. Dread Depending on where the feud is, and assuming you're going with the 70s/80s booking, this could be the one where Dread wins by cheap finish

Tag Team Championships

Sam Strong © vs. Dread

Just way too good

Lucha style wins over the crowd and makes for a unique portion of the show

The little guys don't really stand a chance

My only upset pick on this card, surely everything won't be so clear cut right?

I favor Monty just a bit

Charlie wins what I'm expecting to be a huge bloodbath

Tag Team Championships

They won't lose them for a long time

Sam Strong © vs. Dread

Never bet against the Strong Arm :D

Tag Team Championships

Sam Strong © vs. Dread

Honestly I can't argue with any of this.

For the first match, I hope someone other than Chord goes on a tear and eliminates over half the competitors, then Rip gets them out with a cheap trick. Cue Chord promo to Liberty on "not understanding what wrestling is all about - winning. Winning is what Rip Chord does"

???? turns out to be Baine and Nemesis (whose names are wonderfully thematic). They brutalise the Vesseys but lose the match - quite possibly by being DQed for illegal attacks

Prediction Key:

There's really nobody in this match who should be beating Rip.

To my recollection, Romeo is much more over.

Spirit Warriors are jobber tier.

Could go either way, really. Flames are ageing but Filth need work.

I don't actually know who Jimmy Power is.

...guessing.

Tag Team Championships

The Bubb/Nemesis thing would be intriguing but... I don't know. Vesseys are up there.

Sam Strong © vs. Dread

FEEL THE POWER OF STRONG.

Prediction Key:

What is Chord even doing in this mess, though?

His family owns lucha, you know.

Not sure who these other guys are -- this is pre-the existence of Fox Mask, and Dark EAGLE is... well, I know Dark EAGLE is Dark EAGLE. But still.

So not sold on the Nation of Filth as a real thing.

Power is old and on the way out. Walker is young and talented.

Pangrazzio: possibly my favorite mods-only worker, but not hardcore.

Tag Team Championships

Yeah, I'm predicting the same title change as basically everyone. Don't see all the titles sticking, and none of the rest seems like a bet.

Sam Strong © vs. Dread

Remember how I was a shameless Art Reed mark last time out? Well, I'm probably going to shift my loyalty to Dread, so get ready for that. Even so, I don't see him winning here.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGC_zps9a894c88.jpg

HGC Presents The War To Settle The Score

Sunday Week 4 February 1997

Live on USA Free Choice, Canada 1-Choice (Rating: 1.69)

Held at the Mayor Street Arena (New England)

Attendance: 15,000 (Sold Out)

Announcers:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/KyleRhodes_alt1_zpsf7ecf133.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/JasonAzaria_zps417569ed.jpg

Kyle Rhodes – Jason Azaria

As the show begins, a volley of pyro draws the audience in attendance's attention, and the disastrously poppy theme song begins. The HollyWeird girls appear on the entryway, moving in smooth choreography to the track, doing their best to shine to it, some of them with expressions revealing their distaste for the price they pay as wrestlers.

Captions announce their names as the camera gives each in turn a close-up.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/AshleyAmazon_zpsdeda8e4a.jpg

ASHLEY AMAZON

“The Runway Train”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/GraceHarper_jhd2-1_zpsf66d48f3.jpg

AYESHA

Warrior Princess

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/CherryBomb_alt2_zps9ee64837.jpg

CHERRY BOMB

So Sweet She's Sour

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/DreamGirl_zpsd687ecf5.jpg

THE DREAM GIRL

Running Through Your Mind All Night

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/LadyMelissa_zps999fee22.jpg

LADY MELISSA

“Prominent Nobility”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/VictoriaStone_zps3d01e33d.jpg

VICTORIA

“The Heart of Stone”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/BelleBryden_zps3d87ee05.jpg

WANDA

“The Dish of the Day”

As the individual intros finish, the camera pulls out to watch them as a group. Jason Azaria and Kyle Rhodes sign on, discussing the matches on tap and welcoming the broadcast fans to the event.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HGCB_zpse2ee6f6c.jpg

Battle Royal

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/CharlieThatcher_zpsc706a02b.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RickyDaleJohnson_zpsbd30bf4a.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/HumanArsenal_alt1_zpsc672d01e.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/JasonJackson_zpsb5fe3948.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/PaulSteadyfast_zps24fcbe23.jpg

Charlie Thatcher, Cowboy Ricky Dale, Human Arsenal, Jason Jackson, Paul Steadyfast

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/PeterValentine_zps28746aab.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RipChord_zpsa22d8f99.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/RobertOxford_alt5_zpsfd717e73.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TheHype_zps5b660eaf.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/Everybody%20Knows/HGC%20Guys/TheNightRider_zps081a7fc6.jpg

Peter Valentine, Rip Chord, Robert Oxford, The Hype, The Night Rider

Lady Melissa makes her way down to ringside as the Hype enters for this one, and Liberty joins the announce team for the match. Rhodes and Liberty recap the challenge he made to Rip Chord – to battle through nine other men – as the match gets under way.

It's not a bad little outing for the newcomers, or for the veterans. Peter Valentine, backed up by hired gun Charlie Thatcher, has been hounding Cowboy Ricky Dale for ages; Ricky Dale hangs on a long time, eliminating Steadyfast, the Hype, and Charlie Thatcher, the last of them putting him into the final four – but Thatcher interferes from the outside, alongside Valentine, dumping Dale out before Jason Jackson gets revenge, suplexing Valentine out.

Rip Chord, though, has been waiting, playing it safe after eliminating the Night Rider, and with Jackson the only other contender he strikes, laying him out with his trademark DDT before tossing him.

Rip Chord won a battle royal

Rating: C

There is a woman's happy cry as the camera cuts backstage. A towel over his shoulders, Romeo Heartthrob swaggers out of the locker room and does the fakest of double-takes as he sees the camera.

“Well, hi,” he purrs. “Didn't see you there.” Heartthrob's legendary charm has been called oily before, and this is no exception – the analogy definitely fits if it's crude and smells faintly unpleasant.

“You just missed my pre-match warm-up routine.” He grins. “A shame for you. But... well.” He shrugs. “Mr Lucha will have done something different. Something dull. Something pedestrian. And I can't accept that as the way of a champion.

“Tonight, I go out there. I beat Mr Lucha, and I do it in the most entertaining, the most sensational, the most dazzling way possible. Tonight, I do what no other man can, ladies... I make your heart... throb.”

Not a bad little match here. Lucha shows all the talent in the world, and Romeo shows how ring-smart he can be, evading a little here, taking a blow on the arm there, and outright pushing the rules somewhere else...

He manages to distract Sam Sparrow before punching Lucha in the crotch, allowing him to finally lock down Cupid's Clutch. It's a victory and a championship win, but there's a good argument that it shouldn't be...

Romeo Hearttthrob defeated Mr Lucha

Rating: C

Mendelssohn's War March Of The Priests resounds through the arena for the third time of the night as Rip Chord returns to the ring. He holds out his hand, sending a ring crewman scurrying over with a microphone, and looks around the crowd before speaking.

“And one... by one... they all fell down,” he says, his voice pitched soft and low. “So there you go, Liberty... Rip Chord still has it. Now... before you started questioning that,” (“That's not how I remember it happening,” Azaria interjects,) “I had me a plan.” His voice shifts from the low, arrogant, soft storyteller vibe to something harder, more threatening.

“Sam Strong wins tonight, or Dread wins tonight. And my first plan was to be the man who takes the belt from them next time. But you questioned me, Liberty, you questioned the talent of the master of the DDT.

“Well, my friend, they tell me in Texas you're set up as hot sh*t... but Rip Chord is hot sh*t wherever he goes, and it strikes me we ain't in Texas. But I've been to Texas, and I've won there, and I've reigned as champion there, and I can play your way to shut you up,” (“Folks,” Azaria interrupts, “don't forget – it was Rip Chord who called Liberty an also-ran when all this started,”) “if that's what you want me to do.

“I'm going to run you down, Liberty. It should only take a month.”

He drops the mic and leaves.

The Spirit Warriors wow the crowd in the early going with sensational high-flying moves, but the Demons stay stony-faced, evidently unimpressed. A stereo suplex takes Demon Anger off his feet, though, and the Demons seem to wake up then. “That's it – the Demons have recognised a threat!” Rhodes yells, which does more to make the Spirit Warriors in a heartbeat than the rest of the match ever could.

Still, it's not long after that that Demon Spite catches Dark EAGLE out of the air, shifts him up, and levels him with the Demon Slam to pick up the pin.

Demons of Rage defeated The Spirit Warriors

Rating: C+

The crowd aren't quite as gripped by this one, but it's not a bad big men/little men match, with the Blazing Flames using their speed to stay just ahead, with Teddy Flame nailing a Flame On superkick to an already staggered Stink to topple him and pick up the pin.

The Blazing Flames defeated The Nation of Filth

Rating: C-

As has become their custom over many, many years, the Blazing Flames only begin their celebration in the ring. Once Sam Sparrow has released their arms after raising them, they jump to the second ropes, basking in the applause of their fans, then step up to the top turnbuckle – then hop back down, clambering over the crowd barrier near the most appropriate signs or photogenic fans they can find.

These two veterans put on a fight, but it doesn't have the innovation or ferocity of prior bouts, and Jimmy Power's act is staling somewhat. Walker seems to simply outshine him, ducking much of his offence, flashing around the ring with almost the speed of the Blazing Flames, and, ultimately, ducking a lariat, leaping to the second rope at the turnbuckle, and coming round to nail The Walk, a flying double-knee strike, often to the back of his opponent's head.

That gets the pin for the champ.

Monty Walker defeated Jimmy Power

Rating: D+

The camera finds itself in a squalid, ruined building, ramshackle, with wallpaper peeling, one bare wall, broken windows and crumbling concrete. It pans down, following the sunlight's path as it shines through the window, coming to rest on a pair of black leather boots with 4” heels just at the edge of the sun.

Then it tracks up, revealing the leather-clad, eerily seductive form of Karen Killer, smiling in the darkness. Footsteps echo, and Charlie Homicide appears just over her shoulder, the strange markings on his forehead glistening in the dim light.

“Richie Pangrazzio,” Charlie begins, quiet, as Karen melts backward against him, “you seek to prove much. Your kind always do. You go, and you come back, and you are no longer welcome.

“You have spent a month destroying pretenders to hardcore. You have spent a month battling my legacy, my shadow upon the sport. You think this prepares you to walk in my valley? You think you need not fear the evil?

“Think what you like, Pangrazzio. I have my trophy. I have my home. I will dismiss you – I will show Hardcore as it was meant to be – and in time, I shall rekindle my legacy. And all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.”

With the two of them chained together, this one is brutal. Karen Killer, at ringside, is visibly delighted any time either man gets hit; when the camera catches Coach Dick, on the other hand, you can easily see wincing at the damage Homicide is doing to Pangrazzio Jr, who weathers a lot of damage.

Pangrazzio Jr has a lot of criticism in his wake for running out on wrestling before ultimately slinking back with his tail between his legs, and here he shows that he's willing to bleed for the business, willing to fight for the business, and by the end, he's firmly started on the road to winning back the fans.

Unfortunately, he's also been choked unconscious by Homicide, who retains with a fire in his eyes showing real, sadistic pleasure.

Charlie Homicide defeated Richie Pangrazzio Jr

Rating: C+

To the strains of Got Me Under Pressure by ZZ Top and accompanied by Coach Dick Pangrazzio, the Vessey Brothers make their way to the ring before their mystery opponents, their title belts secure around their waists.

The unforgettable church chimes opening Metallica's iconic For Whom The Bell Tolls begin to play, and BLZ Bubb, the titan of HollyWeird, makes his way out.

He stands there, halfway down the ramp, watching the Vesseys, alone, for a good twenty seconds. It's long enough that Rhodes feels driven to comment.

“Is he – is he seriously going to challenge for tag titles on his-”

A mocking voice bursts through the arena speakers after a burst of static.

“Oh, ye of little Faith... rejoice. Because the Powers of Hell have left their homes... and come somewhere more interesting.”

The crowd is beginning to wake up as The Beautiful People begins to play. The arena lights go down and a figure appears atop the entry ramp.

“Ye of little Faith are dismissed. Vessey Brothers... HollyWeird...”

The crowd join in. Hated though he may be, they love to hate him.

“YOUR NEMESIS IS HERE!”

And with that, as the arena lights come back up, the Powers of Hell charge the ring.

It's a wild and crazy time. The Powers of Hell have strength (in Bubb) and fury (in Nemesis) to spare, and they make the most of it. The Vesseys have professionalism, their incredible wrestling training, the bond of brotherhood and decades of experience with which to counter.

They do their level best, even when Bubb chokeslams them both, and Nemesis threatens a belt shot only for the Coach to intercede, taking it himself – which allows Bryan to hit a Vessey Driver.

This is not a war that can be ended in one battle, though. A rivalry is kindled that could carry a company in this match, and Sam Sparrow ultimately, disgustedly, frustratedly, throws out the match, ruling it a draw.

The Vessey Brothers drew with the Powers of Hell

Rating: B-

“This,” Jason Azaria reminds the crowd as the ring announcements are finished and Sparrow makes great show of checking both men for concealed weapons, “is the first time in North America these men have met. We know them both, and we've all argued for years about who would win. And tonight... finally... we'll find out.”

There's no question that these two are giants of the sport. No question that these two have been involved in amazing matches. And once again, they deliver here, capping off HGC's third PPV with the best match of the night. The Dreadsault gets the longest possible two count. The Strong Arm Tactic... isn't enough?

Sam Strong can't believe it. Sam Sparrow can't believe it. The fans sure as hell don't believe it. Even Dread seems awed at his own resilience, staring at Strong, wide-eyed, from a seated position as the champion shakes his head, picking himself back up.

“I saw their Japanese match,” Azaria exults. “Dread didn't kick out that time. Could the ultimate hero's heart finally have met its match in the shadow of fear?”

Strong tries for another Strong Arm Tactic, but Dread meets him square on with a jumping avalanche, leaving both men down for a long moment.

Dread regains his feet first, running his thumb across his throat in signal. He goes to the turnbuckles so he can hit a second Dreadsault – but behind him -

“THE HEART OF A HERO STILL BEATS!” Sam Strong, as he has so many times before, finds that second wind, rising to his knees then his feet, the crowd roaring their approval as he shrugs off the ill-effects of the attacks with his indomitable hero's spirit. He heads across to the turnbuckle, kicking the second rope, sending Dread's foot out from under him, crotching him on the top. Sam mounts to the second rope, hitting a huge German suplex off the turnbuckles. He covers for the victory!

Sam Strong defeated Dread

Rating: B+

Dazed for the three count, Dread is nonetheless still in fighting fettle. As Sam runs through his usual post-match celebrations, the shadow of fear straightens behind him. He rolls his eyes, smirking, then delivers a belt shot to the back of Strong's head, interrupting the celebration with an impact. Strong turns, only to eat another belt shot, knocking him down and bloodying him. Dread drops the belt on his prone form, heading off.

Show Rating: B+

Victoria Stone-McFly grins ruefully at the camera. “Well,” she begins. “I guess if I'm going to contribute anything to this... celebration... of younger years... I should start at the beginning.

“And let me just say, no other debut was ever going to faze me after that. I mean, seriously – dancing in hot pants and a bikini top? Right next to two porn starlets?”

She shrugs. “I know a lot better now, believe me. At the time I wanted to prove myself, wanted to show I was more than my family name. That I could make it outside the family company. And the money there was great; better than almost any female worker does today.

“There's some truth to a lot of the stories about backstage revolts, though. If this holds up,” she lifts a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red into shot, “then I'll cover a lot of them. And if I miss it in this one, then I really need to come back and at least tell the story of the time I knocked Peter Valentine out backstage.”

Teddy Flame's chemical-red locks look strange on a man his age. It's not a question of growing old gracelessly – but the 61-year-old still accepts the occasional indy booking, and his attempts to maintain the look of a Blazing Flame could probably have been better channeled into finding a look that works for an elder statesman of wrestling.

“It didn't feel like a debut,” he says. “The first couple months in most smalltown feds are a debut. You spend a while getting used to the crowd, but just as important, the crowd has to get used to you. We were getting used to the fans, but they knew us. It felt like charging back down the SWF ramp would have.

“But the deal I thought I had with Sam was a good little quickie tag run then split for singles. When Campbell came in, I was still pissy we hadn't got the tag straps right from the beginning – one reign to go with our eight SWF ones, then we split for a while. Maybe a thank-you run when our legs started to give out on us.

“Joey and me were easily Campbell's worst problem in tag for the first while. We didn't want to be tagging, and he figured on us for helping carry the division. I pride myself nobody in the crowd saw how pissed we were, but backstage we were a d**n nightmare, make no mistake.”

He shrugs. “We were there to give the new teams cred, and to give them new teams, and I didn't see any harm in taking that for all it was worth. Not that the split made it easy; Lucha was a clear Cruiserweight candidate, but Mucha Lucha was a hot prospect tag team, so...” Another shrug. “I never saw the attraction of booking.”

The Untouchables will be opening the show's in-ring action this week, and the Tag Team Specialists' opponents are two gifted youngsters, Electrico and Tom Gilmore. With the Untouchables focused on Jason Jackson... these two probably still have no chance.

The second ever HollyWeird Girls' match is next, as "the Runway Train" Ashley Amazon, accompanied as ever by Dream Girl, will do battle with newcomer Victoria. Can the Heart of Stone stand firm against Amazon's assault?

The Untouchables' war continues next, as Jason Jackson will perhaps finally get his long-delayed vengeance against Paul Steadyfast. Can "New School" topple the pro-wrestling mafioso?

After costing him a real shot in the Battle Royal post-elimination, Charlie Thatcher is squarely in the sights of Cowboy Ricky Dale. It's two big, young hosses - but will the Pride of Texas shine through, or will the Licenced Cougar Hunter bag more big game?

Sam Strong caps off the first hour, with the ultimate hero giving Rocky Constantino the toughest welcome to HollyWeird the veteran of the Canadian wilds could have dreaded. Will Strong maintain his unbeaten streak?

The Powers of Hell erupted onto the scene Sunday night. BLZ Bubb and Nemesis will also be facing youngsters with all the talent in the world - something Nemesis has all too much reason to be used to - when they face the Hype and the Human Arsenal. Are these young men combining, or simply hoping to weather the storm?

Romeo Heartthrob is set to make his first defence as Cruiserweight Champion. His hand-picked challenger is, some would say, the low man on the totem pole - Golden Fox.

After Rip Chord weathered the storm of nine other men, he set a challenge of his own for Liberty - and the easygoing Texan may not be so easygoing once he's done battle with the deadly Charlie Homicide. Homicide's title will not be on the line, but this is still going to be a hard battle for both men.

But Rip's not done there; he's demanded a chance to make a statement of his own, and the result is that the World's Greatest Wrestling Mind, Rip Chord, is set to do battle with the Unbroken Son, Dusty Streets.

Prediction Key:

The Tag Team Specialists (Joel Bryant & Robert Oxford) vs. Electrico & Tom Gilmore

Ashley Amazon w/ Dream Girl vs. Victoria

Paul Steadyfast vs. Jason Jackson

Charlie Thatcher vs. Cowboy Ricky Dale

Rocky Constantino vs. Sam Strong

The Powers of Hell (BLZ Bubb & Nemesis) vs. Human Arsenal & the Hype w/ Lady Melissa

Cruiserweight Championship

Romeo Heartthrob © vs. Golden Fox

Charlie Homicide w/ Karen Killer vs. Liberty

Dusty Streets vs. Rip Chord

The Tag Team Specialists (Joel Bryant & Robert Oxford) vs. Electrico & Tom Gilmore

Give it fifteen years, Tom, trust me.

I mean, there's no way Amazon is better than Victoria.

Hard call, but I like Steadyfast to win this one via tactics.

Toughest match to call which means draw, at least for me.

No going fifteen rounds for this Rocky.

The Powers of Hell (BLZ Bubb & Nemesis) vs. Human Arsenal & the Hype w/ Lady Melissa

Baine and Nemesis is an interesting pairing and I feel will most likely play a huge part in this diary.

Romeo isn't a cruiserweight! Or is he? I don't remember.

Liberty should take this one based on his ability to be awesome.

Poor Dusty. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

Gilmore isn´t a big name yet so Specialists should pick the win here.

Just going with the one I know.

Same here, not much idea at this point about who Jackson is other than the fact that he did rather well in last show´s battle royal.

Dale put up a good fight in battle royal and since Thatcher isn´t exactly great talent I figure that Ricky Dale goes over though it might be a DQ win in order to keep Thatcher looking strong.

Not much idea who Rocky is but I´m pretty sure he isn´t going to beat Strong in his debut.

Named team over random pairing.

No title change on first defense.

Liberty seems to be feuding with Chord so he should be able to beat Homicide if he want´s to pose any real thread to Chord.

Streets don´t seem to have anything going right now so Chord goes over.

JOBBERS!

She's da best.

But a DQ or countout win, something that taints this and builds to a PPV match.

No. Just... no.

Everyone's a JOBBER to Sam Strong.

JOBBERS.

JOBBER!

Second-tier champion? JOBBER!

Not Rip Chord? JOBBER!

Not yet, Tom. You're about half a decade away from becoming Angry.

Easy win for the smaller, yet more talented Mrs. McFly.

Steadyfast wins with help of Bryant and/or Oxford.

CRD has an abysmal gimmick, yet is a promising talent. Thatcher will never be more than hired muscle.

Easy win for Rocky. Nah, just yanking yer chain. Sam Strong jobs to no one! :p

Human Arsenal has a ways to go before living up to his ring name. The Hype is an OD waiting to happen.

Way too early to take the title off Romeo...

Charlie gets DQd for wrestling hardcore in a non-hardcore match

Get Rip Chord drunk, he'll put Sam Strong over. Otherwise, he'll invoke creative control, whether sober or soused.

Prediction Key:

One side is an established team; the other is looking for something to do

Amazon is a tough, veteran heel for the women's division. Gives Victoria someone to chase

It pains me to bet against Steady-P, but I figure he'll get his heat back after the match

Thatcher's value is outside the ring

I predict Rocky has finally made it to a North American promotion, but he's going to spend his time jobbing like hell

I'm not betting against two massively over monsters when their opponents are relative unknowns

Heartthrob is awesome. No idea how he became a cruiserweight, though.

Even if I wasn't inclined to back the promotion's rising star, I've leaned pretty heavily towards heel wins in the predictions and the show needs a big feel-good moment

For all that it's possible to get pretty good mileage out of Streets, he's been on the decline in every '97 game I've started and he's a liability at the main-event level

Archived