How do you handle it when a worker is upset about a finish?

We all have certain guys that we want to push to the top. Of course to move them up the ladder they must win matches against equal and higher ranked guys. What do you do when you put them in the ring with someone that "is very upset about the finish" and doesn't want to do a job for the guy you want to push?

I guess some options are:

-Hold off and change opponents for your guy.

-Go ahead and make them do the job but pay them a bonus later.

-To heck with them, you are THE MAN, make them do the job and get over it.

-What are other options?

How did you personally handle this in your game?

<p>Let them be upset. Wrestling is a job. Not happy fun time. Sometimes you have to lose. If you don't like it, go cry in that mansion you bought with the millions of dollars I paid you. No sympathy.</p><p> </p><p>

Of course, there are important guys who I won't job out to someone below them. Because I want them happy as possible. My stars. My pet projects. My favourites. </p><p> </p><p>

You could give them a Keep Strong note. That'll make them happier to lose, but it will take some of the effectiveness of the win. Which almost defeats the purpose. You can also be smart about the order in which your new Goldberg spears his way up the ranks. Save the C+ popularity guy for when your rookie gets to C. Job out the E's before the D's before the C's etc. Maximise gains while minimising sobbing in the backstage area.</p>

<p>I usually just do it and ignore the worker</p><p> </p><p>

Also remember Keep Strong is not a bad note. It is very possible to have amazing (B+ or even high A) matches using keep strong and the net popularity gain will pretty much always be positive.</p><p> </p><p>

I would assume most people would accept a 6 point overness gain compared to a 2 point drop for the loser (as an example). It seems to be a really underrated note on these boards and is almost essential for booking puro where you can't get people over on angles and they eventually begin to stall.</p>

<p>Really it's a case by case situation. I try to keep everyone happy but if you have a big enough roster it's virtually impossible. If he's not making massive amounts of money, cash is always a good motivator :-)</p><p> </p><p>

Problem with that is it's expensive. </p><p> </p><p>

So you just have to balance who is mad and who isn't. I try to use my post-show speeches solely for motivating workers who get butthurt when I want them to do the job. Also, a nice winning streak and a big PPV win can offset one rough loss. You just don't wanna be jobbing the same guys out too often or they'll just be a thorn in your side backstage.</p>

Depends on the worker, really. For instance, Randy Orton didn't want to lose a match to Bryan Danielson in 2005, in spite of the fact I need to get Danielson over quickly before Wrestlemania and it pushes Orton's story with The Undertaker. But Orton can suck it up, because he was THE man all through 2004, and his impending face turn will hopefully go well enough to get his happiness back. If not, oh well.

<p>I use Keep Strong if its a star/Main Eventer. But I'd do that anyway as I don't like massive pop losses.</p><p> </p><p>

If its a jobber than I ignore it and probably cut him soon after(full Iron Fist here). It it's someone I'm jobbing out as they are leaving the company soon I also ignore it unless I think I could use them down the road in which case I give them a medium sized bonus for doing the job.</p>

<p>During the early game, I tend to try and make sure people stay happy, so if being Kept Strong makes them ok with jobbing out, than so be it. And, if they are throwing a massive fit, I do tend to try and find a new opponent.</p><p> </p><p>

That being said, even in the early game I've told the guy to just suck it up, but only when he's A) about to leave to a bigger promotion, or B) I'm tired of dealing with the jackass and am firing him post match anyway.</p><p> </p><p>

Late game I'm more likely to just tell them to sit down and quit the bitchen. Worst case and I need them to be happy, a post match bonus goes a long way.</p>

Depends on who it is. A football coach cut a player for sleeping during a team meeting. They asked him what he would do if one of his stars fell asleep during a team meeting. His response? He'd tell the others in the room "Shhhh! He's trying to sleep!" Pretty much the same thing for me. If he's important enough, I'll find a work around. If he's Giant Redwood, meh...

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36673" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to reset their morale or something? I got like 8 guys unhappy.</div></blockquote><p> Try giving them a bonus or some time off, perhaps?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RayW" data-cite="RayW" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36673" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Try giving them a bonus or some time off, perhaps?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> a 3k bonus really makes them happy</p>

It depends on how much they are currently making, iruleall15. If he's a bit player, the $3K will be greatly appreciated. If he's making far more than that, it might not. Also, I have heard that if you constantly do that, you may create more problems from that worker, as they are looking to get paid again.

I'm generally very petty about this. Typically if it's someone I know I can placate with some cash tossed at them I'll do that first and then have them lose to nulify the anger at the loss. While I won't have something silly like a main eventer losing to a midcarder or lower, if say two main eventers are in the match and one complains about losing. I usually do one of two things 1) if there's someone that's higher in popularity, even if only just, to the complainer. I pull the complainer from the match their complaining about and have them lose to the other guy, clean and maybe with a dominate note on it for someone I'm really annoyed with 2) they simply don't get the match and aren't on tv that week/month. You don't play, you don't stay on tv. It's one reason I bare a major dislike for anyone with the creative control contract clause.

<p>tag matches can be very useful here. Obviously sometimes you want worker A to go over worker B for storyline reasons but if it's simply you want worker A to gain popularity and don't mind if it's at the expense of worker B, then having A beat B in a tag match works well because B is much less likely to mind. </p><p> </p><p>

Sadly when I have to anger a worker I'm usually more than happy to simply throw money at the problem. I don't tend to need to do it so often really. If only I had the money to do that to real life problems.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nobby_McDonald" data-cite="Nobby_McDonald" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36673" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd like to tell the worker to f*** off but sadly there isn't a button to do that in the game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Psycho sermon type of guy ?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nobby_McDonald" data-cite="Nobby_McDonald" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36673" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, I just can't stand egotistical gits.<p> </p><p> I remember on a previous TNA game on TEW10 that I refused to book Jeff Jarrett on any show because of his previous constant creative control he was using.</p><p> I couldn't fire him as he was the owner, so I just made him stay behind the scenes every show.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My buddy and I are doing a WCW vs ECW game right now. I have WCW and I'm having the same issues with Hogan. It's so bad that even in a 20 man battle royal he has to win. No just be in the finals or have the most eliminations, but he has to win.</p><p> </p><p> Before I realized how much a pain of the ass he was, I put him in a feud with my champion, The Giant. I thought it would be a great way to make The Giant a huge star. But with Hogan having to win every single match, he won't even job to the world champion. Once I saw that, I realized I was in trouble.</p><p> </p><p> So once I figure out a way to get Hogan out of the title picture, he will quickly become a manager. I'm done with this Hulk Hogan thing.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36673" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It depends on how much they are currently making, iruleall15. If he's a bit player, the $3K will be greatly appreciated. If he's making far more than that, it might not. Also, I have heard that if you constantly do that, you may create more problems from that worker, as they are looking to get paid again.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I fired Larry Poffo and Randy Savage never....NEVER got over it. I gave him 200k in bonuses, 1 month off and nothing. He was just angry all the time.</p>

Archived