Common Elicense Problem and solution

I bought the TEW10 game, the demo worked fine, but as soon as I installed the e-license the game wouldn't launch and I couldn't figure it out for the longest time. Then I looked up my anti virus program and why the e-license wouldn't work with it on google. Anyway, I use Zone Alarm and when my wife installed the program she also installed the tool bar that came with it. I discovered that the tool bar was blocking the e-license. I don't need the tool bar so I uninstalled it and now my game works fine. So maybe your anti-virus program has a tool bar that's blocking the e-license, look in your control panel, uninstall programs and look for your anti-virus program name and see if there's a tool bar there too. If so, uninstall the tool bar and see if that helps.

I hope this helps others out there, also if I posted this in the wrong place, I apologize. It just seemed like the right place to do it since anyone having the same problem with any Greydog game should be able to use the same solution.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="emoasyou" data-cite="emoasyou" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36924" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>i bought tew 2016 game for 2 computers when released but i cant find a single copy of confirmation of purchase and both computers have had to be rebooted so is there anything i can do to get the game back or will i have to re buy the game?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, you would not need to purchase them again. You would need to contact Scott Vibert (contact details & other information about ELicense are in the FAQ pinned to the top of the Technical Support forum) with the name on the card you used to purchase the game and the last four digits of the number so that he can look up your purchases.</p>

<p>This same thing just happened to me because I factory restored my computer and didn't save my purchase ID. I don't think I'll have the same luck though as I don't have the same card that I used to purchase tew2016 now. </p><p> </p><p>

Is there anything I can do? As you can see by my posts on here, I clearly had the game, but rules are rules I suppose.</p>

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Scott Vibert" data-cite="Scott Vibert" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36924" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can email me with the details of the order IDs.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> sending.</p>

• 4 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wilnola" data-cite="wilnola" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36924" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hello:<p> I bought TEW2016, but I needed to format my computer.</p><p> How can I re-install it now?</p><p> Thank you.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You simply need to re-run the installer, which can be downloaded from the Downloads section of the site. If you did not unlicense your game before formatting then you would need to contact Scott to get your license reset; details for this are covered in the FAQ pinned to the top of the TEW2016 Technical Support forum.</p>

• 1 month later...