Any chance of a sale?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36987" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>WMMA3's price probably won't drop until WMMA4 gets released.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pretty much this. Most GDS games won't drop in price until after the next iteration has been released.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Considering the proliferation of free web games, shareware, freeware, free or cheap mobile apps, and pirating, a good sale- as in $10 to $20 off- (even if it's just for Cyber Monday) on all games is just smart business.</p><p> </p><p>

Text game fans may fork over $35 (more than Bioshock Infinite) for a non-graphical game, but casual gamers on the fence need better motivation.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BobbyRogers" data-cite="BobbyRogers" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36987" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Considering the proliferation of free web games, shareware, freeware, free or cheap mobile apps, and pirating, a good sale- as in $10 to $20 off- (even if it's just for Cyber Monday) on all games is just smart business.<p> </p><p> <strong>Text game fans may fork over $35 (more than Bioshock Infinite) for a non-graphical game, but casual gamers on the fence need better motivation.</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's what the demos are for.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BobbyRogers" data-cite="BobbyRogers" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36987" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Text game fans may fork over $35 (more than Bioshock Infinite) for a non-graphical game, but casual gamers on the fence need better motivation.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That is why most the buyers of GDS are text game fans. The other guys wont buy these even if they cost 10$.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BobbyRogers" data-cite="BobbyRogers" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36987" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Text game fans may fork over $35 (more than Bioshock Infinite) for a non-graphical game, but casual gamers on the fence need better motivation.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've said this before. People around here are very defensive about it, though.</p><p> </p><p> I buy TEW. I get a decent amount of my money's worth before I get bored.</p>

I've said this before. People around here are very defensive about it, though.

Same. They treat the word "sale" as some dirty word, when in reality it can do a lot more good than bad.

There are people who have never played these types of games before and would probably never think of it, especially at the price points offered.

There are some who probably have played older versions of TEW, like it, but don't want to pay $35 for the game. That is more than a reasonable complaint. There are plenty of people who won't even spend $60 on a brand new, multi million dollar produced game.

Sure you can play a demo before you buy it, but the demos are only like what, a month in game time? That's not really much for people to go on, especially those new to the series.

A company should be doing what they can to grow and get more people buying their product. Having a $10 off sale on games like TEW '13 or WMMA 3 for 3 days starting the day after Thanksgiving in the states would not be some death knell on this company, it would be seen as a way to bring back old customers and get new customers. New customers who buy one of games for $25 can play it be all like "Wow this is really fun!" then would be eager to buy WMMA 4 or TEW '16 or whatever at full price.

Then you will have the old customers who haven't bought one of the games in years, sees the most recent game at a good sale price and go "Hmmm $25 is my sweet spot to finally upgrade my game". They purchase it at $25 instead of not purchasing it at all. Them buying the game at $25 > them not buying it all.

Archived