San Diego State University

<p>Job Offers</p><p> </p><p>

I have 2 job offers that I am considering.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>#1 STANFORD</strong></p><p>

They have made it to 4 bowl games In 10 years. Finishing 4-4 in the conference twice. Winning only 4 games the last 2 years. This could be a place I could try to build and its a final destination job.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>#2 BAYLOR</strong></p><p>

The recruiting base is very intriguing. They have made a bowl game 4 of the last 5 years and are more ready to win now. </p><p> </p><p>

Any thoughts on what to do. Nothing is guaranteed at SDSU. I could easily fall to 4-7 and be given the boot.</p>

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="osubuckeye" data-cite="osubuckeye" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37496" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have 2 job offers that I am considering.<p> </p><p> <strong>#1 STANFORD</strong></p><p> They have made it to 4 bowl games In 10 years. Finishing 4-4 in the conference twice. Winning only 4 games the last 2 years. This could be a place I could try to build and its a final destination job.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>#2 BAYLOR</strong></p><p> The recruiting base is very intriguing. They have made a bowl game 4 of the last 5 years and are more ready to win now. </p><p> </p><p> Any thoughts on what to do. Nothing is guaranteed at SDSU. I could easily fall to 4-7 and be given the boot.</p></div></blockquote><p> I think after your one-year extension they just gave you, you're going to be pushing your luck staying at SDSU. Standford is a good building ground, not sure what you mean by "final destination" so to speak, but they have a good football program.</p><p> </p><p> Baylor would be good if you're looking for easy wins. I think the program will make winning a bowl almost too easy again. Have they made it to a national championship yet? Maybe that's where your focus should be if you take that job.</p><p> </p><p> Personally I would take Standford, winning only 4 games in the past two years seems more of a challenge than Baylor, so it's really up to you and what your gaming style preference is in this situation, harder or better record?</p>

Archived