Question about Attendance and PPV Buys

I'm playing my game and Fedor Emelianenko is 25-0 and has defended the UFC HW Title 18 times. He has 100% High Level International popularity in all of the regions where my company broadcasts on ppv and where I hold cards. However, the attendance for the cards he fights on and ppv buys are below that of other people with lesser popularity. I do the check and all of his cards are either acceptable or great main events and the co-main events are normally seen as main event worthy. Is his dominance the reason fans seem to be turned off?

<p>Also, are you putting hype on the main event fights? Because hyping up a big fight is a good way to get better buys iirc.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, maybe your other (better selling) shows have a better combination of main event and co-main event.</p><p>

Shows are sold on both the main and co-main fights, so if your Fedor cards have a weak-ish co-main event, that might cost you some buys.</p>

<p>The quality of the main event matchup determines most of the buys. You're right in thinking fans are put off by dominance. If it's just another "Fedor show", meaning him vs some -70% rep dude, they will not be all that interested.</p><p> </p><p>

Have him defend less, and instead build up a supercontender until he has 85+ rep. Then, normally, you'll have your supershows.</p><p> </p><p>

Also see that the event isn't scheduled a week or 2 after the last PPV. That might put them off as well.</p>

What are his marketability stats like? I've always wondered whether they just relate to how fast they rise in pop or if they have an effect on attendance/buys as well.

Fedor's Marketability is 25-30%, pretty low. By comparison GSP who has been killing it with his ppv buyrate is only a Mid Level Internaitonal, but his Marketability is 90-95%. Maybe that's the reason then?

The quality of the main event matchup determines most of the buys. You're right in thinking fans are put off by dominance. If it's just another "Fedor show", meaning him vs some -70% rep dude, they will not be all that interested.

Have him defend less, and instead build up a supercontender until he has 85+ rep. Then, normally, you'll have your supershows.

Also see that the event isn't scheduled a week or 2 after the last PPV. That might put them off as well.

Rep may be another issue. Most of the guys he has fought recently have been around 60-65 rep. The problem is he's beaten most of the top guys (Mir, Rizzo, Nog, Werdum) 3 times already so he can't fight them again.

Also, are you putting hype on the main event fights? Because hyping up a big fight is a good way to get better buys iirc.

Also, maybe your other (better selling) shows have a better combination of main event and co-main event.

Shows are sold on both the main and co-main fights, so if your Fedor cards have a weak-ish co-main event, that might cost you some buys.

Haven't hyped any of my cards so that wouldn't explain why he's gotten outdrawn by all of my other champions. The Fedor cards normally have co-mains that are seen as main event worthy so that shouldn't be it either

Marketability shouldn't be the issue. I 'think' it determines how fast a fighter gets popular. Not how good he draws. Charismatic guys or hot girls (or vice versa) tend to get 'followed' faster or get their 'fansites' up faster. Hence, they also get popular faster. But I'm not just going to watch a fight because the dude is awesome on twitter or has a pretty face.

If your contenders have 60 rep, that's your issue right there. The game will say 'good' main event, but it's not as good as a competitive 80 rep vs 80 rep, as long as they're popular enough.

<p>I'm almost sure it will take their pop and rep in effect that they have at THAT MOMENT. So that will be at least a winning streak and about +20 rep. As pop stacks after multiple wins, having a tournament final as a main event is probably a good idea, unless they start as unknown guys.</p><p> </p><p>

Back when I had tourney finals as main events, the results were quite awesome.</p>

Archived