NYCW: Tradition Rules

Welcome to New York City… The former home of some of the most talented workers on the independent scene. Yup we’re still clinging to our former glory.

Bienvenue a Quebec

Wednesday Week 2 July 2015

SOLD OUT Concordia Hall (300)

Davis Wayne Newton is out to kick-off the show: “Bonjour et bienvenue aux dames de spectacles et messieurs. Ce soir, nous avons un grand nombre de matchs fantastiques, y compris votre serviteur dans un match contre la ‘star croissance la plus rapide’ auto-proclamé en NYCW, Joffy Laine. Il ne peut pas comprendre ce que je dis en ce moment, mais entre vous et moi, je vais le frapper dur où le soleil ne brille pas.” (C-)

The Twin Powers defeated Nelson Patinkin and Rob Reynolds in 5:43 when Bernard St. Pierre defeated Nelson Patinkin via pinfall with a Venus Blast. (E)

Chris Flynn defeated Andrew Nash in 6:29 via submission with a Flynn-Lock. (E+)

Bradley Blaze defeated Ant-Man in 5:57 via pinfall with a Dallas Drop. (E+)

Nelson Callum is out to present the monstrous Hellion. He then proceeds to talk about the ‘definition’ and ‘perfection in sculpting’ of his young protégé. (C-)

Hellion defeated Julius Moor in 2:25 via pinfall with a Short Arm Lariat. (F) Oh wow, that’s not going to do either of them any good whatsoever.

Davis Wayne Newton defeated Joffy Laine in 12:28 via disqualification after Newton hit a low blow behind the refs back and Joffy returned the favour in front of the ref. (D+)

The Lunatic Fringe cut a backstage promo.

“Who we got tonight Xavi?”

“Errr, dunno esse, some chumps n’doubt.”

“Oh here we are… Masked Mauler and Kip Keenan…”

The two hysterically laugh. (D-)

World Tag Team Titles: The Lunatic Fringe © defeated Kip Keenan and The Masked Mauler in 9:45 when Xavi Ferrera defeated The Masked Mauler via pinfall with a High Impact Frog Splash. (D)

Intercontinental Title: KC Glenn © defeated Matty Faith in 32:12 via pinfall with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band. (D-) One day Matty will be a machine in the ring. But we may be a few years off that time yet. Plus side, no one is likely to steal him at the moment.

Rating: D

Another show of mainly poor heat, but with good action. We can live with that providing the heat increases over time. There will come a point where our enhancement talents are more over in Canada than our main stars. That will be quite a fun situation I think.

Anyway, slow news week, so we’ll crack on with the go-home show before Summer in the City.

Traditional Tour

Wednesday Week 3 June 2015

The Den (1,245)

Casey Valentine and The Legacy are out for a promo, and they think it’ll be a good idea to have a classic Gang Wars match to see which faction of stronger. As always The Unforgiven will need to find a new partner for the night. “Choose wisely” are Valentine’s final words. ©

Ant-Man, Julius Moor and Nelson Patinkin defeated Andrew Nash and The Twin Powers in 5:33 when Julius Moor defeated Andrew Nash via pinfall with a Charging Tackle. (E)

The Patriots defeated The Wild Animals in 8:08 when Masked Patriot defeated Bradley Blaze via pinfall with a Patriot Slam. (D+)

Hellion defeated The Masked Mauler in 5:53 by pinfall with a Devolution Bomb. (E-) These two had zero chemistry. Right, no mini-feud for them then.

The Lunatic Fringe cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with The Patriots and as always it ends with them laughing hysterically. (D)

World Tag Team Titles: The Lunatic Fringe © defeated Chris Flynn and Kip Keenan in 7:36 when The Architect defeated Chris Flynn via submission with a Blueprint. (D) tHey may not have the best matches, but their constant winning is getting themover pretty

Steven Parker defeated Joffy Laine in 10:12 via count out after Joffy decided he was close to being pinned and just walked away. (C-)

Nelson Callum says that tonight they’re having a fatal four build-up to the ‘epic’ tag match at Summer in the City and that he’s got the advtange, because he’s got… Hellion. (D+)

Davis Wayne Newton drew with Fro Sure, Nelson Callum and William 'The Cobra' Wilson in 13:00 when the referee was forced to rule a no contest when Hellio got in the ring and hit a Devolution Bomb on everyone… including Nelson Callum. (D) THAT’S how you give someone a rub without them even being in the match.

The New Legacy are backstage preparing for their big Gang Wars match and Matty looks a little nervous. “Don’t worry kid, you’ll do great” says Casey Valentine, “and if you don’t, I can always find a replacement, so really nothing to worry about for me.” Matty doesn’t look that confident. (C-)

Gang Wars: The Unforgiven (Mean Jean Cattley and The Young Stallions) and Kid Toma defeated The Legacy (Casey Valentine, El Mítico Jr, Matty Faith and Oblivion II) in 32:05 when KC Glenn pinned Matty Faith after he was left out to dry by Valentine. ©

Rating: C-

Yup so we’ve decided that having Matty have to prove himself to his team-mates might make for some interesting side-feuds, while giving us a natural loser in the faction so that we don’t book ourselves into a corner like we have with The Lunatic Fringe.

We also noticed that some veterans and insiders have taken notice of one KC Glenn and have declared him the next big thing. A man on the rise. It really does suck being a regional company, because that kind of press should be fantastic news, but is in fact, dangerous. All it takes is an Eisen or a Cornell to spot that and bang, we’re down a legitimate draw. Again!

On the flipside, not everyone can become a megastar and from time-to-time, some old faces became available and like a desperate and formerly dumped lover, we’d move heaven and Earth to bring them back, even if they weren’t the biggest star when they left.

Card for Summer in the City 2015:

Empire Title: Casey Valentine vs. Mean Jean Cattley ©

Intercontinental Title: Ernest Youngman vs. KC Glenn © vs. Oblivion II vs. El Mitico Jr

World Tag Team Titles: The Patriots (Masked Patriot and Syd Collier) vs. The Lunatic Fringe (Xavi Ferrera and The Architect)

Grudge Match: Davis Wayne Newton and Fro Sure vs. Nelson Callum and William 'The Cobra' Wilson

Steven Parker vs. Kid Toma

15-man Battle Royal

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>Was moving house over the weekend so only just caught up to speed. Still going smoothly I see ha!</p><p> </p><p>

Two new hosses in the company is always a good thing, you can never have enough hosses. Especially now we have a legacy of oblivions.</p><p> </p><p>

Look forward to the day you get a tv deal mate, far and away the most satisfying element of tew is when you make something out of a smaller promotion. It's easier to stay on top of weekly shows when you built up to getting tv too as chNces are it is a roster you develop yourself over tome instead of just being plonked with one.</p>

NYCW Summer in the City 2015

Wednesday Week 4 July 2015

McGaw Arena (3,408)

Nelson Callum is out with Hellion and The Cobra.

“Tonight my boy here is wrestling in the traditional battle royal. I’m so confident he’ll win that I’ll actually put my hard-eraned money on it. Anyone that can defeat him, I’ll give $10,000 dollars to.”

©

Hellion won a battle royal in 10:14. The other members of the 'final four' were The Masked Mauler, Joffy Laine and Animal Harker, with The Masked Mauler being the final elimination. Matty Faith got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (D) Is that a Hellion vs. Masked Mauler feud bubbling away? Probably not.

The Patriots our out next:

“The Lunatic Fringe! You’ve been a dominant tag team for a long time, but tonight you’re going to realise that all good things come to an end. The Patriots will be taking those shiny tag team titles and with it a place in the World Tag Team Grand Prix next month. God bless you, God bless America and God Bless The Patriots.” (D)

World Tag Team Titles: In a high-tempo match-up, the champions The Lunatic Fringe find themselves up against it. Despite a long period having Syd Collier in their corner, once he makes the hot tag to Masked Patriot, the match becomes unstuck and the crowd go ballistic. Then around the 15 minute mark as Masked Patriot has Xavi Ferrera setup for a powerbomb, The Architect manages to low blow Collier, causing the referee to attend to him, leaving Architect to reach into his trunks and pulls out a bag of powder. He grabs a handful of the powder, throws it into Patriot’s face, allowing Xavi to roll him up for the win. (D+)

‘The French Sensation’ Davis Wayne Newton comes to the ring wearing maple leaf and fleur-de-lis adorned trousers:

“Bonsoir mes amis américains. J'ai vécu un mensonge trop longtemps, mais je ne peux plus tenir en. Mon nom est Wayne Newton Davis et je suis canadien. Ce soir, je rompre mon partenaire d'équipe d'étiquette normale à rejoindre Fro sûr dans la suite épique de notre querelle avec ces diables Callum et Cobra. Non seulement j'ai l'intention de gagner, mais en utilisant cet élan pour entrer dans le Tag Team Grand Prix et la gagner. Vous l'avez entendu ici en premier. Ce n'est pas seulement la vérité et ce n'est pas seulement les faits, c'est la loi de Newton.” (C-) That’s right, we’re going bilingual for all of DW Newton’s segments from now on. Enjoy it.

The next match featured four men, who by all rights could be in the main event of any one of ours shows as Nelson Callum and William 'The Cobra' Wilson took on Davis Wayne Newton and Fro Sure. The match was not too long, but featured plenty of shenanigans as the always tricky duo of Callum and Cobra used every trick in the book to win. In the end it was a combination of Fro Sure balking at the sight of the cobra from the bag combined with Hellion making a nuisance of himself at ringside that proved the downfall of their opponents, Fro Sure finally tapping to the Honey Trap. (D+)

Steven Parker defeated Kid Toma in 15:14 via pinfall with a Future Shock. (C-) Couldn’t be bothered to pretend that this match was anything other than filler to be honest. Good result though.

It is often said that the Intercontinental Title picture contains the most talented workers, ready to explode into the main event and so it proved here tonight as four of the brightest stars in NYCW put on a barn-stormer for the live crowd. For over 25 minutes they fault, never once missing a step or botching a move. The finish saw champion KC Glenn warming up The Sunshine Band for El Mitico Jr only to get rolled up by his own tag team partner Ernest Youngman for the 1-2-3. After the match KC Glenn gets in his partner’s face and Youngman just smiles and shrugs. KC Glenn eventually cracks a smile and raises the hand of the new Intercontinental champion. (C+)

Casey Valentine alone:

“It’s time Mean Jean Cattley. Either I walk out Empire champion, or you don’t walk ever again.” (B) Simple and effective promo right there I think.

The main event of Summer in the City was a hellacious brawl. Casey Valentine, who refused to have The New Legacy with him for the match took it to the Empire champion Mean Jean Cattley from the first bell. Back and forth, the two men fought and clawed with all of their energy, neither one budging an inch. It wasn’t until well past half an hour of punishment, with both men bleeding that Casey capitalized on a misstep by Cattley and hooked him up for Deep Impact for the 1-2-No! Cattley kicked out and Casey didn’t know what to do. He picked up the champion again and hit Deep Impact for a second time, but Cattley kicked out again. Then on the third attempt, Cattley quick as a flash reversed the move and hit his own Deep Impact for the win. Valentine starred up at the ceiling as Mean Jean’s music blared out. Then The New Legacy did run down to ringside and began a beatdown, but Casey got to his feet and called his men off. They didn’t know what was going on. Casey picked up the champion and raised his hand… and clobbered him with a stiff clothesline. He then got out the ring, picked up a chair and wrapped it around Cattley’s foot and commanded each of his team up to the top rope and they each jumping stamped on it, destroying the ankle of the victorious Mean Jean Cattley. The Young Stallions, who came down to help were kept out of the ring by Oblivion II and Valentine and the ankle destruction continued. Valentine had made good on his promise and Mean Jean Cattley looked like he’d never walk again. (C+)

With The Young Stallions beaten down by Oblivion II, El Mitico Jr and Matty Faith, while Valentine stands proudly above the destroyed Mean Jean Cattley, some familiar music plays. Larry Vessey comes down to ringside. He checks on Mean Jean Cattley quickly and then grabs a microphone:

“Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great sadness that I announce that Mean Jean Cattley, our Empire Champion is injured.” Vessey looks to Valentine, who nods “Yup, it looks like a broken ankle to me. Unfortunately, there’s no way he’ll be able to defend it within the required 30 days, and so with a heavy heart I must strip him of the title.”

Valentine looks delighted and walks over to whisper into Vessey’s ear. The boss of NYCW nods before speaking again as the crowd, who were agitated before are now on the verge of revolt:

“In the absence of a fighting fit champion and as the boss of NYCW, I have to make a decision that’s best for business. It seems to me that I have no choice but to declare a new champion. In the absence of any other alternatives, I must award the title to the number 1 contender, ladies and gentlemen your new Empire Champion… Casey Va…”

BAM!!!!

KC Glenn is back up, with a chair and he’s smashed Vessey in the head with a chair from ringside. Meanwhile Ernest Youngman ascends to the top rope and hits Valentine with a big dropkick. Then as members of The New Legacy get into the ring it’s pier six brawl with blows being struck left and right. Eventually the numbers game wins out and The New Legacy force The Young Stallions back. Vessey, who has blood pouring down his face and real annoyance in his face, grabs the microphone from the mat:

“You’ll pay for that Glenn. Mark my words. Anyway as I was saying, it is with great pleasure that I award the Empire Title to…”

“Carry on my wayward soo-ooon…” Vessey and The New Legacy turn to the entrance and there standing tall, with a couple of new tattoos is… Bulldozer Brandon Smith. The crowd loses their minds.

He begins to charge toward the ring and halfway meets with The Young Stallions as the reformed Unforgiven hit the ring like a tornado. El Mitico Jr is thrown over the top rope. Then Matty. Then Oblivion II.

It’s just Casey and Vessey left, who are slowly backing away from their foes. What they don’t realise is that Mean Jean Cattley is now up on his one good leg. Valentine is the first to turn and gets hit with a Mood Swing. The Stallions then hold the bosses arms and Bulldozer bounces off the ropes and hits a SPEAR!

Cattley gets the microphone:

“VALENTINE! You think I’m stupid? You think I didn’t see this coming? I knew what you were planning, so I called some backup. An old friend agreed to come back.” The crowd cheers Bulldozer. “Y’know week in and week out these fans and all of us back in the locker room have to listen to your bleating on about how you’re the best, how you’re destined for this and that and how it’s time. Well rather than moaning and talking, the rest of us go out there and EARN it. Nobody gave me a shot of winning the King of New York, but I did. Then nobody gave me a chance against Cameron Vessey, but I beat him and EARNED this title. What have you done? Cheated, lied and bullied your way to the top and now you want to be handed a title? NO! No! NO! I am not having you use your connections to the boss and your obvious bullying tactics be rewarded with this title that you failed to EARN! You may have broken my ankle, but I’m still the Champion. I may not be able to compete, but I can decide what happens to it. So if you want this Empire Title you’re going to have to earn it. I’ll relinquish it, but only if the title is put up for grabs at the King of New York. You want it, you’ll have to get through 31 other guys from all over the world, including the 3 men in the ring with me now. Only then will you be worthy of holding this championship. But I have a feeling that you’re not going to make the grade. But whoever wins the title, you better believe I’m going to get myself fit again and win it back at Empire City Showdown. So Valentine, are you ready to step-up? Because… It’s TIME!” (C-)

Rating: C+

After months of getting notes about Mean Jean Cattley’s exhaustion, I found a storyline way to give him a break without diminishing the importance of the title and without rehashing the old Legacy storyline. You’ve always got to evolve if you can.

At the end of July we made a mere $4,955 and we had a potential new worker who’d eat up a fair amount of that in contract costs, but it was worth it. We look after our own. Then with the next month planned out, we got a news update to tell us that GSW were about to go bust again, nice to see that they used our bailout with good effect.

I got on the phone with my lawyer and within hours we’d signed the papers and GSW became part of the Empire. I pillaged it and signed 3 workers and their titles. The plan is to introduce them during the next month and immediately start building toward title unification matches. Nothing says impressive lineage like some unification matches. With that in mind, welcome to New York City, GSW American Champion Frantic Ali and GSW Tag Team Champions Dead Bolt and Primal Rage. You’ve got a month to impress and keep your contracts. Don’t let me down.

Next; With Mean Jean Cattley injured and having relinquished the title, what will happen next? Find out as the Road to Empire City Showdown begins with… The King of New York 3.

Now that’s drama.

Welcome to New York City… Where for two months of the year, we run the most extravagant tournament the world has ever seen.

Yup it’s that time again where we run the King of New York tournament and look to establish new stars. This year has the added benefit of being for the now vacant Empire Title, so it’s all on the line. Winner goes on to face former champion Mean Jean Cattley at Empire City Showdown 2015.

So let’s get going.

King of New York Tour

Wednesday Week 1 August 2015

McGaw Arena (3,529)

Larry Vessey comes out holding the Empire Title:

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to New York City.” Loud pop from the crowd. “Tonight sees the start of the 3rd annual King of New York tournament and Tag Team Grand Prix and this year is a special one. Whoever fo the 32 participants manages to go all the way and win this prestigious trophy, will also have the honour of calling themselves NYCW Empire Champion and will book their place in the main event of Empire City Showdown. So without anymore lollygagging from me, let’s see some action…” (D+)

King of New York Round 1: William 'The Cobra' Wilson defeated Acid II in 6:09 via pinfall with a DDT. (D) I really do need to find a proper story for The Cobra as he is basically playing second fiddle to Callum at this point.

King of New York Round 1: Joffy Laine defeated Kip Keenan in 3:34 via pinfall with a Death Spiral. (D-)

Tag Team Grand Prix Round 1 (also GSW Tag Team Titles on the line): The Patriots defeated Dead Bolt and Primal Rage in 5:52 when Masked Patriot defeated Dead Bolt via pinfall with a Patriot Slam. (D+) Yup we have zero faith in the GSW tag champions and switch the belts immediately to our own people. As it happens the match was better than expected. Perhaps there’s a future in NYCW for Dead Bolt and Primal Rage after all. Probably not though, their contracts are quite big.

Fro Sure comes out with a title belt around his waist:

“Y’know what, I’ve been here a while and it feels a bit like the ‘man’ is holding down old Fro Sure. Where are my opportunities? Y’see I made my name on the West Coast at a little promotion called GSW and that’s where I earnt this.” He points to the belt. “The GSW West Coast Title. This meant I was the best that promotion had to offer. I was top dog, I main evented every show and I stole each and every one of those shows. Well tonight I face another GSWer in Frantic Ali. Me and him have got history and he happens to be the GSW American champion. So I say Ali my main man, why don’t we both put our titles on the line, steal the show and whoever wins can call themselves ‘King of the West Coast?” Ali comes out and the two high five and head to the ring together. ©

King of New York Round 1 (also GSW West Coast Title and GSW American Title on the line): Fro Sure defeated Frantic Ali in 17:26 via pinfall with a Sure Thing. (D+) Hardly the barnstormer I’d hoped for, but I think Ali might just have saved his job right there.

King of New York Round 1: Nelson Callum defeated Al Coleman in 11:14 via submission with a Honey Trap. (D) and Al Coleman, who I had high hopes for, delivers nothing. No contract for that man.

King of New York Round 1: El Mítico Jr defeated Phoenix I in 9.28 via pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. (D) Well that was a disappointment. I never really considered Phoenix as a viable long-term signing and this confirms it.

Oblivion II is out with Lisa Bowen (and no one else) and they promise to win the Tag Team Grand Prix tournament and the King of New York tournament and the Empire Title. (D+) Not a bad promo, but I’m not really feeling Oblivion II. Feels a bit cheap considering the success of his predecessor.

Tag Team Grand Prix Round 1: The Young Stallions defeated Oblivion II and Matty Faith in 32:12 when KC Glenn defeated Matty Faith via pinfall with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band. (C-) The Matty Faith losing gimmick continues.

After the match Oblivion II squares up to Matty who looks terrified until Casey Valnetine runs down and seperates the team-mates. (C-)

Casey then stays in the ring:

“Jesus, what is wrong with everyone at the moment? Anyway, now that I’ve sorted that I’m ready for my match. It’s time for Casey Valentine to prove his worth. It’s time to see who he’s got in the first round. It’s time.” FCW’s Champion Bradford Peverall comes out and Valentine looks scared. ©

King of New York Round 1: Casey Valentine defeated Bradford Peverell in 31:55 via pinfall with a Deep Impact. ©

Rating: C

Dammit I was hoping for a better showing from Peverall and Valentine, but apparently they didn’t click. Typical. Oh well, no point keeping Peverall because his wages are astronomical and he’s already useless against one of my top stars.

Slow news week, so we push right on ahead as the King of New York tour heads North of the border to Quebec, Canada.

King of New York Tour

Wednesday Week 2 August 2015

SOLD OUT Concordia Hall (300)

Davis Wayne Newton is out to kick-off the show:

“Sup Québec. Ce soir, votre héros et sauveur tire une double fonction. Moi et Flynny vais d'abord progresser dans les équipes et je vais gagner en simple. Ça va être une bonne nuit pour vous, une grande soirée pour moi et une nuit fantastique pour le Canada. Maintenant, c'est la loi de Newton.” ©

Andrew Nash won a battle royal in 9:47. The other members of the 'final four' were Honest Frank, Achilles The Mighty and Rob Reynolds, with Honest Frank being the final elimination. Rob Reynolds got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (D-) That’s actually quite a decent rating for a battle royal. I guess my work on using Canada as b-show place has paid off. I also like the randomness of the winners. Andrew Nash? Really? I forgot he even wrestled for us. This match also saw the debut of a new youngster, fresh out of the De Colt training facility: Ralph Liotta. I smell a New York gangster gimmick on the cards.

King of New York Round 1: The Masked Mauler defeated Hellion in 3:48 via pinfall with a DOUBLE AXEHANDLE!?! (E-) Wow, these two did not click at all. While I like the randomness of not knowing before putting them together, these little moments can make or break a show. Oh wait a second, we did know in this case. Apparently these two fought in week 3 June 2015 on Traditional Tour. Oh well, no one to blame but myself.

Tag Team Grand Prix Round 1: Team Canada (Davis Wayne Newton and Chris Flynn) defeated The Wild Animals in 8:17 when Chris Flynn defeated Bradley Blaze via submission with a Flynn-Lock. (D) Ooooooo CANADA!!! Got to give the fans something to cheer after the last match.

Lisa 'The Train' Bowen brings out Oblivion II. Apparently their getting pretty tired of being stuck with Matty Faith all the time. In fact if they win the tournament, they’re going to use their new power to kick him out of The New Legacy. (D-) Intrigue, of the most disappointing kind.

King of New York Round 1: Oblivion II defeated Chris Flynn in 2:41 via pinfall with a Reality Bomb Mark II. (D-) Hey, the Canadian fans had their moment, now its back to keeping the Americans on top. That is assuming that Oblivion II is American of course.

King of New York Round 1: KC Glenn defeated Matty Faith in 6:21 via pinfall with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band. (E+) Another lack of chemistry note from our road agent Black Hat Bailey. Oh Matty, you really do suck in so many ways. Still, great surname right there.

King of New York Round 1: Davis Wayne Newton defeated Hugh de Aske in 9:55 via pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex. (D) Disappointing from the more-over-than-most-in-Canada de Aske. I think I’ll avoid offering him a contract for the time being.

Bulldozer Brandon Smith is out to a… well tepid response (he’s not that over in Canada)

“It’s great to be back in NYCW. My time spent in Japan taught me one thing: This is THE greatest promotion in the world to work for.” The crowd start chanting “Qui êtes-vous?” “Tonight I return to my old stomping ground and I see what’s changed. Steven Parker, I heard a lot about you in Japan and I look forward to kicking your ass all across Canadia!” Crowd boos again. “Nothing stops THE BULLDOZER!” (E+) Ouch, brutal segment right there.

King of New York Round 1: Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Steven Parker in 31:58 via pinfall with an Inverted Piledriver. (C-) Hell of a way to make up for the promo though.

Rating: D+

I’m pretty sure that’s our best show in Canada to date. And all it took was spending 8 times the normal costs. In other news Hellion appeared on the radio to tell the world he hates working with guys bigger than him. Ok then. Weird. Is he perhaps a huge star in the making and I’m just keeping him low down the card. I’d investigate after King of New York in preparation for the big changes I had planned.

Matty Faith is pretty lackluster (given the name) right now, but he should improve over time, especially since he's involved with Casey so much and getting matched up with guys like Youngman, Glenn, Newton, and Callum. You don't have to worry too much about losing Glenn and Youngman. SWF is too risque for both of them, Cornell is too cheap to hire anyone, and they have 0 overness in Canada (wait, that part isn't true, so you may have to worry about NOTBPW).

Matty Faith is pretty lackluster (given the name) right now, but he should improve over time, especially since he's involved with Casey so much and getting matched up with guys like Youngman, Glenn, Newton, and Callum. You don't have to worry too much about losing Glenn and Youngman. SWF is too risque for both of them, Cornell is too cheap to hire anyone, and they have 0 overness in Canada (wait, that part isn't true, so you may have to worry about NOTBPW).

Interesting insider knowledge. Might have to reconsider their involvement in Bienvenue a Quebec going forward then.

A Japanese Promotion can also poach Youngman or Glenn. It starts when a smaller, touring promotion signs the worker (Pro Wrestling SAISHO, GCG, 5SSW) (Bigger promotions tour as well) and they get over in Japan. A bigger Japanese promotion (WLW, PGHW, BHOTWG) offers a written contract to the wrestler.

I had a NYCW game where KC Glenn was poached by WLW in Jan 2015. He had one tour under his belt when I hired him (BHOTWG, FEB 2013). He toured with SAISHO (JUL 2013), BHOTWG (FEB 2013), and BCG (AUG 2014) before leaving the company in January 2015. His overness was around 30 in all regions of Japan when WLW signed him to a written deal.

Exclusive PPA contracts don't break the bank, and if KC Glenn or Youngman starts getting over in Japan, I'd sign an exclusive contract for a $250-500 extra monthly.

A Japanese Promotion can also poach Youngman or Glenn. It starts when a smaller, touring promotion signs the worker (Pro Wrestling SAISHO, GCG, 5SSW) (Bigger promotions tour as well) and they get over in Japan. A bigger Japanese promotion (WLW, PGHW, BHOTWG) offers a written contract to the wrestler.

I had a NYCW game where KC Glenn was poached by WLW in Jan 2015. He had one tour under his belt when I hired him (BHOTWG, FEB 2013). He toured with SAISHO (JUL 2013), BHOTWG (FEB 2013), and BCG (AUG 2014) before leaving the company in January 2015. His overness was around 30 in all regions of Japan when WLW signed him to a written deal.

Exclusive PPA contracts don't break the bank, and if KC Glenn or Youngman starts getting over in Japan, I'd sign an exclusive contract for a $250-500 extra monthly.

I totally forgot about the Japanese companies. Glenn usually gets a few touring contracts that will eventually lead to a written.

Welcome to New York Cty…

The King of New York continues…

King of New York Tour

Wednesday Week 3 August 2015

The Den, New England (1,727)

The New Legacy (without Oblivion II) are out to talk about their six man match tonight with Bulldozer Brandon Smith, KC Glenn and Ernest Youngman. Apparently they don’t need Oblivion II tonight, because between them they’ve got all the skills necessary to get the job done. (C-)

Tag Team Grand Prix Round 1: The Lunatic Fringe defeated Julius Moor and Kip Keenan in 6:14 when Xavi Ferrera defeated Julius Moor via pinfall with a High Impact Frog Splash. (D) yeah struggling a bit for tag team this year as most others on the independent scene include cruiserweights randomly.

King of New York Round 1: Ernest Youngman defeated Bradley Blaze in 8:10 via pinfall with The Hit. © Woah! Where did that come from?

King of New York Round 1: Kid Toma defeated Animal Harker in 7:40 via pinfall with a Long Range Headbutt. (D+) Another solid match. I’m on fire tonight (note how I take credit for the wrestlers good performances, but blame them for bad ones – It’s called being a boss).

The Lunatic Fringe are shown backstage. They comment on how in the semi-finals of the Tag Team Grand Prix and the first round of the King of New York they are facing their old friends The Patriots. Apparently it’ll end just like their last meetings, with The Lunatic Fringe standing victorious. They laugh hysterically to end. (D+) Good promo from these two as they develop nicely in entertainment skills.

King of New York Round 1: The Architect defeated Syd Collier in 9:41 via submission with a Blueprint. (D-)

King of New York Round 1: Masked Patriot defeated Xavi Ferrera in 9:41 via pinfall with a handful of tights. © Wowza, another unexpectedly awesome match. Good work me. *pats self on the back*

Kurt Laramee is in NYCW!!!!! He cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Puerto Rican Power. (C+) He’s too expensive and thinks we’re too small to stick around, so I don’t bother surmising what he says. Just imagine there’s lots of growling and that’ll probably be about right.

King of New York Round 1: Puerto Rican Power drew with Kurt Laramee in 32:26 when Casey Valentine and Lisa Bowen hit the ring and hit both men, causing the ref to throw-out the match. (C-) Sneaky heelish tactics by Casey makes me happy.

The Unforgiven (Mean Jean Cattley, Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Ernest Youngman and KC Glenn)are out ahead of their match, MJC grabs the mic:

“What a surprise! Casey Valentine is fixing the deck in his favour once again. You just can’t prove you’re a man by winning fair and square can you? You’re pathetic and tonight, my boys are going to prove just how useless your ‘New Legacy’ are. Hey Casey… It’s time!” (D) Whoops, not really any of these guys strong suit, the old talking. Noted.

The Unforgiven (Bulldozer Brandon Smith, KC Glenn and Ernest Youngman) defeated The Legacy (Casey Valentine, El Mítico Jr and Matty Faith) in 31:51 when Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Matty Faith via pinfall after Casey left his two partners alone with all of the Unforgiven. ©

Solid character-building event right there, with some good matches throughout the card. Shame that the main event didn’t deliver more, but it had Matty Faith in it, so what do you expect.

I read a note on an ‘insider’ website that apparently I’m gearing up to make Kid Toma a focal point of NYCW. Hah! The internet really doesn’t understand my booking at all!

Standard month-end stuff with us winni… Wait a minute, what do we mean we came second in all areas? Who beat us? Ahh MAW put on a better C+ show. Well fair enough, we could let them have one win every now and then. I can’t help but like MAW. Plus side, we made $11,000 profit despite all the hugely expensive workers on all cards. Beautiful stuff.

This round of tournament brackets now look like this:

The Masked Mauler vs. William ‘The Cobra’ Wilson

El Mitico Jr vs. Davis Wayne Newton

Nelson Callum vs. Kid Toma

KC Glenn vs. Ernest Youngman

Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. Oblivion II

Joffy Laine vs. Fro Sure

The Architect vs. Masked Patriot

Casey Valentine BYE

As you can see there’s some barn-storming matches, and the quarter finals are now taking shape too as above. Some really big potential matches right there.

King of New York Tour

Wednesday Week 1 September 2015

McGaw Arena (3,342)

Casey Valentine is out alone:

“Now listen here. I know that The New Legacy are probably a little annoyed with me right now, but guys, c’mon. You know that I will do whatever it takes to be successful. At the moment my only drive is to win this tournament, but think of what that’ll mean for you. You’ll be part of the most powerful stable in New York, whatever you want you will have. Oblivion II, you want the Intercontinental Title, not a problem, we can make that happen. Matty and El Mitico Jr the tag titles will be all but yours. You just need to calm down, ignore my actions for a little while and reap the benefits. Trust me, it’s almost time.” (B-)

Steven Parker won a battle royal in 10:08. The other members of the 'final four' were Frantic Ali, Chris Flynn and Bradley Blaze, with Frantic Ali being the final elimination. Steven Parker got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (D+) Oooo these are getting better and better each time. Love it.

King of New York Round 2: The Masked Mauler defeated William 'The Cobra' Wilson in 4:49 via pinfall with a… BIG BOOT!?! after interference from Nelson Callum. (E+) Ouch, I was really hoping for better.

Joffy Laine is backstage:

“Tonight marks my most important match to date. All I need to do is get past Fro Sure and I’ll be on the main card for King of New York 3. I fancy Fro to put up his GSW Title too, so I’ll be carrying gold into the event too. Then it’s just 3 short matches away from me fulfilling my destiny and finally winning the ultimate prize. The Empire Title.” (D+) Good stuff here as Joffy continues to justify his push. He’s got a huge upside and could easily become a big player for us in the future. But how far in the future?

King of New York Round 2 (GSW Title also on the line): Joffy Laine defeated Fro Sure in 9:47 via pinfall with a Death Spiral. (C-) Boom! Great match right there and we hotshot the GSW unified title one match after merging the previous two together. That should keep him happy, and who knows there might be more gold in his future.

Casey Valentine meets with Oblivion II backstage and apologises, but he’s sure The New Legacy’s enforcer understands. Oblivion says nothing. (C+)

King of New York Round 2: Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Oblivion II in 9:37 via pinfall with a Backdrop Driver after Casey interfered and accidently hit Oblivion. (D+) Good match from both guys as Bulldozer does what he could never do against the original Oblivion and beats him squarely in the ring. Sort of. The dissention in The New Legacy continues.

Grand Prix Semi Finals (GSW Tag Team Titles also on the line): The Lunatic Fringe defeated The Patriots in 10:08 when Xavi Ferrera defeated Syd Collier via pinfall with a High Impact Frog Splash. (D) no fuss about the unification of GSW and NYCW titles there, but more gold for the seemingly unstoppable Lunatic Fringe. They’re fast becoming my favourite tag team in NYCW history.

King of New York Round 2: Nelson Callum defeated Kid Toma in 31:50 via submission with a Honey Trap. © How do you like that internet? A clean loss. Fools. Good match between these two though, it has to be said, maybe I should consider Kid Toma for a bigger role. Dammit internet, stop having my ideas before me.

Handicap Main Event: The Young Stallions (KC Glenn, Ernest Youngman) defeated The Legacy (Casey Valentine, Matty Faith and El Mítico Jr) in 9:35 when Matty Faith and El Mitico Jr left Casey alone to face the Stallions. He opted to be counted out rather than pinned. (C+)

All my intertwining storyline plans are coming together beautifully. Last time I got things this right, I lost 75% of my top workers. Hopefully lightning wouldn’t strike twice.

RMW have apparently signed Bernard St. Pierre. Good for him, I was barely using him anyway. I like to see my hoss’ getting ring time.

I then noticed a new company had emerged. ELITE have opened up owned by Bob Casey and booked by Cueball Lynch. They’re apparently California Hardcore or something. Sounds like a bunch of idiots hitting each other with flaming 2x4s. No point keeping an eye on them, they were nobodies.

Welcome to New York City… Where neither of our shows are even in New York.

Yup, it’s time for the double-header of touring shows in Canada and New England and our popularity North of the border had gone up, so it was bye-bye to Concordia Hall and hello to the unpronounceable (is that a word?) Rouyn-Noranda Gardens. Seriously, what kind of name is that?

King of New York Tour

Rouyn-Noranda Gardens, Quebec Canada (710)

Steven Parker won a battle royal in 9:41. The other members of the 'final four' were Xavi Ferrera, Andrew Nash and Fro Sure, with Xavi Ferrera being the final elimination. Andrew Nash got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (D+) Apparently the fans are getting a little bored of The Cobra. Yeah for once they’re right, I’m finding it more and more difficult to find a sutiable story. Let’s just get this month out the way and I’ll sort something out.

The Canadian Superstar DW Newton is out with a mic:

“Bonjour et bienvenue à Québec un autre épisode de votre événement favori: le DW Newton Show. Ce soir, nous voyons l'histoire fait que ...” Casey Valentine’s music hits and out comes the current leader of The New Legacy.

“So this is Quebec is it? I don’t like it. Hey Newton, why are you speaking foreign? You sound like an idiot.” The crowd boos. “Go away you strange little man, the future champ is here to talk.” Newton attacks, leaving Casey beaten and unconscious on the floor to a rapturous ovation. (C-) Just wanted to see how he coped dealing with a main eventer. The kid done good.

Grand Prix Semi Finals: The Young Stallions defeated Davis Wayne Newton and Chris Flynn in 7:36 when Ernest Youngman defeated Davis Wayne Newton via pinfall with The Hit following interference from Casey Valentine. (D) Hmm, I was really hoping for better from these guys.

King of New York Round 2: The Architect defeated Masked Patriot in 5:34 via submission with a Blueprint. (D) What’s that? A clean victory. The Architect is becoming quite the star don’t you think. Match kinda sucked though.

Casey Valentine drew with Kid Toma and Nelson Callum in 6:00 when the referee was forced to rule a no contest when all hell broke loose, including interefence from The New Legacy, William Wilson, DW Newton, The Young Stallions and a returning Mean Jean Cattley. (D) Seriosuly? How did that match only get a D rating. Damn Canada!

King of New York Round 2: El Mítico Jr defeated Davis Wayne Newton in 14:48 via pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. (C-) Ouch, not a good night for the effective host of the Quebec shows. Still a great match as I consider using DW a little bit more effectively. Or, add that comment to the list of others that I’ve promptly forgotten about.

Ernest Youngman is out with the Intercontinental Title:

“Tonight my main man KC Glenn and myself are going to tear the house down. We’re normally partners in the most dominant tag team in NYCW history. But tonight we put it all aside, no titles, no brotherhood, no looking out for one another. Time to find out who the best is.” (D-) Not bad, but could do with some work.

King of New York Round 2: KC Glenn defeated Ernest Youngman in 31:33 when Ernest Youngman was counted out after being attacked by Joffy Laine!?! (C-) Good match and a surprise interference. What an exciting end and in no way did I accidently select him instead of El Mitico Jr. No siree.

Comfortable our best Canadian show, highlighted with the first ever match between KC Glenn and Ernest Youngman, which was great, especially considering we didn’t know what their chemistry was like and because neither man is particularly over North of the border.

With the brackets now complete for the main event, we could just throw a load of matches together in New England and try out a few things as we head into the go-home show before King of New York 3.

Traditional Tour

Wednesday Week 3 September 2015

The Den (1,522)

NYCW Unified World Tag Team Titles: The Lunatic Fringe © defeated Nelson Patinkin and Ralph Liotta in 6:04 when Xavi Ferrera defeated Ralph Liotta via pinfall with a High Impact Frog Splash. (D) Meh, they don’t really have good matches do they. But for those keeping count, that’s 19 successful defences for The Lunatic Fringe. They won the titles off… The Young Stallions at Rush Hour 9 months ago. To give you perspective also on that card: Mean Jean Cattley beat Cameron Vessey by DQ, Oblivion successfully defended his Tri-State Title against Fro Sure and DW Newton kicked off the year-long feud with Nelson Callum, but cheating to beat him. Good times.

The Patriots defeated The Wild Animals, Andrew Nash and Honest Frank and Julius Moor and Mutant in 10:26. (D-) Gotta start giving them their heat back.

Fro Sure and Davis Wayne Newton defeated Oblivion II and Matty Faith in 10:29 when Davis Wayne Newton defeated Matty Faith via submission with a STF after botched Casey interefence. (D+)

Casey Valentine finds himself being squared up to by Oblivion II, who grabs a microphone:

“Enough! No more. I’m tired of pretending to be what I’m not. You can take your enforcer’s role in The New Legacy and stick it.” With that Oblivion II rips off his white mask to reveal… another mask. It’s black and adorned with glyphs and markings. “You don’t get to dress me up as a puppet. I’m not Oblivion, I never have been. My name is Conquest and you’ll be seeing me again really soon!” (C+) SWERVE!!!

Intercontinental Title: Ernest Youngman © defeated William 'The Cobra' Wilson, Frantic Ali and Kid Toma in 10:03 when Ernest Youngman defeated Frantic Ali via pinfall with The Hit. (D+)

Steven Parker cuts a promo saying that he’s tired of being left off the card. He wants a match at King of New York 3. So if somebody could nut-up and announce yourself he’ll fight anyone. Some familiar music plays. It’s MEAN JEAN CATTLEY! “Hey, I’M BAAA-CCCKKKK!!!” (C-)

Steven Parker defeated Mean Jean Cattley in 31:46 via pinfall after Mean Jean Cattley’s ankle suddenly gave way and Parker rolled him up quickly. (C+) Welcome back MJC, now do a job. Haha, great match as always from these two.

Mean Jean grabs the microphone:

“Fair enough Steven, you beat me. But in a week I’m going to be fit again, no ankle problems, no excuses. What do you say we do this little dance one more time? Winner take all?” Parker looks at his opponent and just nods. (C-) Best promo from Mean Jean ever I think there. Parker obviously made him raise his game.

Gang Wars Main Event: Casey Valentine, Nelson Callum, El Mítico Jr and Joffy Laine drew with Bulldozer Brandon Smith, The Architect, KC Glenn and The Masked Mauler in 31:35 following all 8 men attacking each other ready for the King of New York 3. ©

Now that’s a go-home show. Good stuff all round there from the lads and I’ve finally pulled the trigger on the retirement of the Oblivion II character. No need to reveal who he really is though, but his name and the disappearance of a few workers from the shows should be a hint about a future huge storyline planned for the new year. But you’d have to wait for that.

We then discovered huge, earth-shattering news: Animal Harker and Andrew Nash are now friends. Oh wait, no one cares.

The Quarter Finals of the King of New York are now set in stone. In fact the whole card is and this is how it looks:

Quarter Finals: The Masked Mauler vs. El Mitico Jr

Quarter Finals: Nelson Callum vs. KC Glenn

Quarter Finals: Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. Joffy Laine

Quarter Finals: Casey Valentine vs. The Architect

Grand Prix/Tag Team Titles Final: The Lunatic Fringe © vs. The Young Stallions

Return Match: Mean Jean Cattley vs. Steven Parker

20-Man Battle Royal (rest of the roster)

NYCW King on New York 3

Wednesday Week 4 September 2015

McGaw Arena (3,599)

Traditional NYCW Battle Royal: Davis Wayne Newton won a battle royal in 10:10. The other members of the 'final four' were Kid Toma, Fro Sure and Masked Patriot, with Kid Toma being the final elimination. Fro Sure got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (C-) Yup, packed that bad boy out with some talent and got the highest rating ever for a battle royal and gave all those not on the card a paycheck.

King of New York Quarter Finals: The king of the high-flyers and masked 2nd generation star El Mitico Jr faced off against long-time NYCW favourite The Masked Mauler in the first of the nights King of New York matches. It proved a very short affair, with Mauler going straight for an… IRON CLAW!?! Which the Mexican luchador quickly reversed into a roll-up for the win.

El Mítico Jr defeated The Masked Mauler in 3:02 via pinfall. (D-)

Grand Prix Tag Team Final (with NYCW Unified Tag Team Titles on the line): As mentioned before it has been 9 months since The Lunatic Fringe began their now epic title reign having defeated their opponents for tonight The Young Stallions. So technically this is the rematch. The difference this time is quite remarkable with KC Glenn now a former Intercontinental Title holder, which Youngman now holds. The Lunatic Fringe meanwhile have defended the titles 19 times against everyone and anyone who stepped up. They also defended the titles in Canada, which elevated them to World title status and unified them with the GSW tag team titles. These are the two most dominant teams in NYCW and they square off for everything. The match lives up to its billing, with everyone letting it all hang out. KC Glenn and The Architect don’t seem to care about their upcoming singles matches as they hit big move after big move in pursuit of the goal of being declared THE tag team in NYCW. As always though there must be a winner, and The Architect locks in the Blueprint submission move and KC Glenn taps. BUT, what they don’t realise is that Youngman has already hit a huge powerbomb on Xavi Ferrerra for the pin and the referee counts the 1-2-3. Video replays show that Glenn tapped before the 3-count, but the ref was already busy counting.

The Young Stallions defeated The Lunatic Fringe in 22:31 when Ernest Youngman defeated Xavi Ferrerra via pinfall. © Now that is a tag team match. What a great match for all the marbles. Should we consider a rematch for Empire City Showdown? KC Glenn leaves the ring holding his arm in agony after a frustrated Architect doesn’t let go of the hold.

King of New York Quarter Finals: The returning Bulldozer Brandon Smith, who has been on a roll faces an equally ‘on fire’ wrestler in GSW Title-holder Joffy Laine in the second quarter final of the King of New York tournament. As it happens it’s a short match considering the potential upset that could be on the cards and in the end it is the big man who gets the nod after Ernest Yonugman, the Intercontinental Champion interferes, distracting Joffy long enough for Bulldozer to finish him off.

Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Joffy Laine in 2:04 via pinfall by using underhanded tactics following interference from Youngman. (C-) Nothing quite like creating a feud out of a mistake in booking. So for the record, I meant to have Joffy interfere before. That’s how history will now remember it.

King of New York Quarter Finals: In one of the more anticipated quarter finals in the tournament, Casey Valentine, the man struggling to live up to his predecessor when it comes to keeping control of a powerful stable takes on one of the fastest rising stars in the company The Architect. Mr. Valentine, who is sacrificing everything in his pursuit of the greatest prize in NYCW uses every tactic in the book to overcome his young opponent. As it happens, the normally obnoxious Architect begins to gains the crowds support after refusing to lay down to a series of big moves, but in the end, with the referee distracted Lisa Bowen slips in to seduce one half of The Lunatic Fringe before low-blowing him allowing Casey Valentine to hit Deep Impact for the win. Not a good night for The Architect as this is his second loss.

Casey Valentine defeated The Architect in 9:04 via pinfall with a Deep Impact after Lisa 'The Train' Bowen interfered. (C-) Good match between these two, as stock in The Architect continues to rise.

King of New York Quarter Finals: With Valentine set to face Bulldozer, the winner of the final King of New York quarter final has the prospect of facing El Mitico Jr in the semis. KC Glenn who is currently one half of the tag team champions and Grand Prix Tag Team tournament winners with Ernest Youngman faces Nelson Callum, a constant thorn in the side of many top wrestlers over the last year. The action is solid, although KC Glenn is still nursing an injured arm at the hands of The Lunatic Fringe. Callum, ever the professional targets the arm for the whole match, but after getting frustrated with Glenn’s never-say-die attitude, leaves an opening for his opponent to hit an out of blue Sunshine Band for the 1-2-3 and a place in the semi finals.

KC Glenn defeated Nelson Callum in 4:52 via pinfall with a Tune Up the Suinshine Band. (D+) Short match, but I was still holding out hope for a slightly higher rating.

King of New York Semi Finals: Casey Valentine defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith in 6:29 by pinfall with a Deep Impact after Lisa 'The Train' Bowen interfered. (D+) Don't Click.

Steven Parker is out to cut a promo on Mean Jean Cattley, the gist of which means that he may have come up short in the past, but tonight he’s going to beat Mean Jean so badly that the spot at Empire City Showdown will open up and he’ll finally take that last step to glory here in New York. ©

King of New York Semi Finals: In the first of the semi finals KC Glenn faces El Mitico Jr from The New Leagcy. These two have had some decent matches in the past and this is no exception with an incredible high tempo and some crisp chain wrestling from two of the best in NYCW. Around 7 minutes in Casey Valentine appeared at ringside, clearly there to make amends with his New Legacy team-mate. But his appearance was not met with the reaction that he hoped as El Mitico went berserk and attacked Valentine on the outside. What he didn’t realise was that while this brawl was going on, the referee was counting him out, giving the easy win to the still-injured Glenn.

KC Glenn defeated El Mítico Jr in 7:39 via count out after interference by Casey Valentine. © Another cheap win in a series of them, but I’m doing my best to protect those involved leading to Empire City Showdown.

Empire City Brawl (Hardcore): After months worth of matches and after an injury and a title stripping, Mean Jean Cattley faces his most persistent opponent in Steven Parker, looking to get his win back from their match earlier in the month. Being fought under hardcore Empire City Brawl rules, the two men waste no time is using a variety of weapons on each other, trading chair shots, tables, ladders and 2x4s. After nearly half an hour of brutality the two men fight into the crowd where the lights suddenly go out. When they come back on three masked and mysterious men are standing around the two unsciosu bodies of Cattley and Parker. One of the masked men uses his fingers to write a strange symbol on the foreheads of the competitors and the lights go out again and when they come back on the masked men are gone. With neither man stirring, the referee is forced to throw out the match.

Mean Jean Cattley drew with Steven Parker in 27:42 after the match is thrown out. (B-) These two could put on a great match regardless of the setting and rules, but the big question is who are the mysterious masked men. I’m a little concerned that I use too many masked wrestlers, but I promise to be working on reducing that number where possible before people confuse me with a lucha promotion and are then disappointed when it’s lumbering giants punching each other.

Casey Valentine is out with Lisa Bowen and a nasty looking black eye:

“Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time. It’s time for me to fulfill my destiny and finally get my hands on the gold. I’ve lost friends, colleagues and brothers in this pursuit, but tonight will prove that it’s all been worth it. Once I’m champion, I’ll make it up to El Mitico Jr and Matty. I’ll give them title shots whenever they want. I can’t say fairer than that. Tonight sees the dawning of the era of Valentine. It really is time!” (B+) Valentine really is absolute gold on the microphone and has developed a fantastic cowardly and obsessed heel character. He could well be MVP of the promotion at the moment.

King of New York Finals (Vacant NYCW Empire Title on the line too): Arguably the biggest match in NYCW history here with the two biggest prizes in the promotion on the line for the first time ever. In one corner stands KC Glenn, a two-time tag team champion, a Tag Team Grand Prix winner (with Ernest Youngman in The Young Stallion) and a former Intercontinental champion. His rise through the ranks has been fast, as one half of one of the most decorated tag teams in the company’s history and as a long-standing member of The Unforgiven. His rise has been meteoric and sustained and he stands on the verge of becoming the first ever NYCW Grand Slam winner. The man who stands in his way is Casey Valentine. Casey Valentine is an original member of The Legacy stable, as well as the leader of The New Legacy. He’s stayed with NYCW while all of his peers have moved on and he is a former NYCW tag team champion (with Greg Gauge as The Legacy). Despite this being the only title he’s amassed, he has been in plenty of main events and is the man behind the plot to get the title vacated with a view to being given it as the number 1 contender. As you would expect in such a high-profile match-up both men let it all hang out in the ring. Valentine who sends Lisa Bowen to the back clearly wants to prove that he can win this on his own, and he isn’t likely to receive any backup from The New Legacy after the earlier events. KC Glenn meanwhile has told Ernest Youngman, as he always does to leave it to him as both men are competitors who live by The Unforgiven’s rule of earning everything themselves. For over 40 minutes the two men trade high-impact moves, chain wrestling, submission holds and finishers. Each time the other man kicks out. The crowd, who were firing from the previous match don’t let up with the sound deafening throughout. If ever a match felt like a big deal this was it. Valentine focuses a lot of his attacks on Glenn’s injured arm, but with adrenaline pumping through his body the Young Stallion refuses to quit, refuses to stay down and continues to fight, even when he’s busted open from a nasty chair shot on the outside. However the ending, like in all matches must come and it is at incredible high-pace that it happens. Like a flash. Having just kicked out of Deep Impact, KC Glenn tries to Tune Up the sunshine Band, he goes for the kick, which Valentine catches and spins Glenn around, grappling him from behind. After pounding his opponent on the back a few times, he jumps on Glenn’s shoulders looking for a victory roll, but halfway through the full rotation, Glenn simply thrusts himself to the ground punching the mat and the referee counts 1-2-3 to give Glenn the win, the King of New York Title, the Empire Title and the honour of being the first ever grand slam winner in NYCW history. Valentine can’t believe it. Tears streaming from his eyes while the crowd chant for KC Glenn, the leader of The New Legacy slides out of the ring and walks to the back, alone and defeated.

KC Glenn defeated Casey Valentine in 41:44 by pinfall with a modified small package. (B-)

Rating: B-

Now that’s how you elevate someone to legendary status and guarantee yourself some stellar main event matches going forward. So the main event of Empire City Showdown will be KC Glenn vs. Mean Jean Cattley as The Unforgiven prepare to face each other in the spirit of competition.

Needless to say with one of our best shows ever closing the month we won all the wars again, while making $10,000 profit into the bargain.

Our popularity in New York was now a C, which meant that only C+ and higher events would increase our popularity, which would prove a touch more difficult going forward, but we were aware of it, so at least we knew what we had to do ahead of time.

So with the main event set ahead of time we’d need to build to some other matches, namely Intercontinental, tag team and a potential big-time, non-title feud involving Bulldozer. The New Legacy were on the ropes, while The Unforgiven were flying high with all the titles in the bank.

What could possibly go wrong now?

Welcome to New York City… Where the worst not only can happen, but frequently does.

Yup, we received a couple of bits of bad news following the success of King of New York 3, but we won’t ruin the ‘surprise.’ Although anyone whose read the diary thus far will know exactly what’s going on.

Welcome to New York

Wednesday Week 1 October 2015

McGaw Arena (4,402)

Traditional Battle Royal (for GSW Title): Joffy Laine won a battle royal in 10:13. The other members of the 'final four' were Frantic Ali, The Masked Mauler and Animal Harker, with Frantic Ali being the final elimination. The Masked Mauler got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (D+) Just filler for the man on a mission for now, but bigger things are in the works.

KC Glenn and Ernest Youngman are out for a promo, they declare themselves the most dominant team in NYCW history and just like Mean Jean taught, they’ve earnt it. KC says that he is now the first NYCW Grand Slam winner in history and he’s going to be a fighting champion, taking on all-comers, starting tonight. He also says that last night The Young Stallions became men and as such they are to be referred to as simply The Stallions. (B-) Decent promo from both guys right there.

Unified World Tag Team Titles: The Lunatic Fringe defeated The Stallions © in 14:35 when The Architect defeated Ernest Youngman via submission with a Blueprint. (C-) A clean loss? Well we do love The Lunatic Fringe don’t we?

The Lunatic Fringe run from ringside laughing hysterically and holding up their titles. (D+)

Steven Parker defeated Kid Toma in 8:18 via pinfall after using a foreign object. (D+) That cheating Steven Parker actually gets a decent win. Good for him.

Gang Wars Match: Bulldozer Brandon Smith and The Patriots defeated The Legacy (Conquest, El Mítico Jr and Matty Faith) in 7:46 when Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Matty Faith via pinfall after the youngster got distracted watching the interfering Casey and Conquest getting into a shoving match. (C-) Uh-oh!

Casey Valentine grabs a microphone:

“Dammit you great lunk! When I offer help, you better learn to accept it and stop fighting me. I’m the leader of The New Legacy and you do what I say!!! Dammit! Mean Jean Cattley, I blame you for this, if you’d just been a good boy and died when I attacked you I wouldn’t be in this mess, get out here. It’s time we settled this!” (B)

Mean Jean Cattley defeated Casey Valentine in 32:15 via pinfall with a Mood Swing following interference from El Mítico Jr, Matty Faith and Conquest. (B-) Great match right there.

After the match El Mitico Jr and Matty Faith continue fighting with Valentine and Conquest loses the plot and starts powerbombing everyone in site. (D+) Double-face turn from El Mitico Jr for Matty Faith, while Conquest is about to go his own way.

First-Ever Main Event Cage Match: Davis Wayne Newton and Fro Sure defeated Nelson Callum and William 'The Cobra' Wilson in a Cage match in 32:51 when Davis Wayne Newton escaped the cage. (C+) a nice clean finish to end the feud.

Annoyingly we should have switched the final two matches, but I wanted to have the cage match in the main event. Still lesson learnt, always have main eventers in the main event where possible. This would prove to be a big event in terms of storyline and direction for NYCW as we head toward Empire City Showdown, which itself will see the end of almost every feud we have and a huge restart.

Then we would have 1 year to reach cult. I was confident we’d do it, but whether we’d have any wrestlers left by then was another matter, because BHOTWG had come calling and the results were frankly, crushing. With that in mind, here’s a special show that replaces Bienvenue a Quebec.

NYCW Road to the Showdown

McGaw Arena (4,263)

KC Glenn is out to say that as a fighting champion, he can’t in good conscience wait for Empire City Showdown to face his mentor Mean Jean Cattley, and that if he’ll accept they’ll have the match tonight. (C+) Is that ominous music I can hear in the background.

Traditional Battle Royal: Kid Toma won a battle royal in 9:36. The other members of the 'final four' were William 'The Cobra' Wilson, Frantic Ali and Steven Parker, with William 'The Cobra' Wilson being the final elimination. Steven Parker got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (D+) Standard battle royal, but with some star power this time.

Unified World Tag Team Titles: The Lunatic Fringe © defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Honest Frank in 6:07 when The Architect defeated Honest Frank via submission with a Blueprint after blatantly cheating. (D) Just needed to use up wrestlers and The Lunatic Fringe continue to beat any and all tag teams in their way.

Casey Valentine is out to call out El Mitico Jr and Matty Faith and he challenges them to a tag team match so that he can teach them a lesson. The two former New Legacy team-mates come out with matching ring attire that says “Next Gen” and accept, but they’re sneak attacked by Nelson Callum. (C-)

Next Gen (El Mitico Jr and Matty Faith) defeated Casey Valentine and Nelson Callum in 14:48 when Nelson Callum was counted out while fighting El Mítico Jr, who wasn’t the legal man. (D+) And a new team is born.

Intercontinental Title: Ernest Youngman © defeated Frantic Ali in 14:45 via pinfall with The Hit. © Another great match from Ernest Youngman right there.

Joffy Laine appears at the entrance and cuts a promo on Ernest Youngman. Apparently he’s peddling a second-rate title and that while the fans want to see the ‘prestigious’ GSW Title defended not the Intercontinental Title. He then wonders whether they should unify the titles to settle the matter, and maybe they should do it at Empire City Showdown? But in the meantime he’s going to prove that he’s the best champion in NYCW. (C-) Good promo from the youngster right there. No wonder he’s a hot prospect.

GSW Title: Joffy Laine © defeated Davis Wayne Newton in 15:07 via pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (C+) BOOYAH! Now that is a match!

The Stallions KC Glenn and Ernest Youngman are backstage chatting. They hug and KC Glenn heads to the ring. (C-)

Empire Title: Mean Jean Cattley defeated KC Glenn © in 32:02 via pinfall with a Mood Swing. (C+)

Yup, KC Glenn is off to Japan, leaving us with no main event, no major feud and a gaping hole in the top-end of the roster. It’s times like this that we need to be calm and assess the situation. We also need all our other guys to control themselves and…

Oh come on!!!!

Matty Faith has been caught internally taking steroids.

Of course he has!

<p>Was DWN really supposed to be in two matches at this event:</p><p> </p><p>

King of New York Tour</p><p>

Wednesday Week 2 August 2015</p><p>

Rouyn-Noranda Gardens, Quebec Canada (710)</p><p> </p><p>

He lost a tag match against the Young Stallions, and KoNY round 2 against El Mitico Jr. - was he double booked?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JShmoopy" data-cite="JShmoopy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37535" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Was DWN really supposed to be in two matches at this event:<p> </p><p> King of New York Tour</p><p> Wednesday Week 2 August 2015</p><p> Rouyn-Noranda Gardens, Quebec Canada (710)</p><p> </p><p> He lost a tag match against the Young Stallions, and KoNY round 2 against El Mitico Jr. - was he double booked?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yup wanted to use his Canadian overness on the show. I often double-book wrestlers in these tournaments. If you look back to the original it was a way of keeping worker costs down by having loan signings fight twice.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JShmoopy" data-cite="JShmoopy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37535" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Matty Faith is pretty lackluster (given the name) right now, but he should improve over time, especially since he's involved with Casey so much and getting matched up with guys like Youngman, Glenn, Newton, and Callum. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You have to be careful with Matty -- he comes with a decent chance of juicing. I've used him in-game before with limited results.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KnowYourEnemy" data-cite="KnowYourEnemy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37535" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You have to be careful with Matty -- he comes with a decent chance of juicing. I've used him in-game before with limited results.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye on him before elevating him any further. His momentum is in the toilet at the moment anyway, so I'm not going to hotshot a title on to him anytime soon. </p><p> </p><p> By the way, this is now officially the longest game of TEW I've ever played. Last one this long was 2005 when I used to mod. Thanks for reading thus far, hopefully it's not too boring to read.</p>

Welcome to New York City… Where we need to pull a main event out of our backside’s again.

Only news of note is that Brenden Idol is dead at 34 following a freak gardening accident. Well there we go. His career highlight was a reign as CZCW Coastal Zone Xtreme champion. Somehow that’s more depressing than the nature of his death.

Traditional Tour

Wednesday Week 3 October 2015

The Den (1,557)

Mean Jean Cattley is out to talk about NYCW and what it means to be champion. He talks up KC Glenn and all his accomplishments and says that he’s disappointed not to have a match at Empire City Showdown. Out comes Casey Valentine, Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Steven Parker, who each claim a stake for a shot. Looks like we’ve got a triple threat to decide. Tonight! (D+)

Davis Wayne Newton and Fro Sure defeated Andrew Nash and Mutant in 5:48 when Davis Wayne Newton defeated Andrew Nash via submission with a STF. (D-) Can you say FILLER match?

Next Gen (El Mitico Jr and Matty Faith) defeated The Wild Animals (Animal Harker and Bradley Blaze) in 7:49 when El Mítico Jr defeated Bradley Blaze via pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. (D) Got to try and build some momentum for the challengers going into the big show.

GSW Title: Joffy Laine © defeated The Masked Mauler in 7:45 via pinfall with a Death Spiral. (D+) Having looked at the stats, the GSW Title is actually more prestigious than the Empire Title. Should I be regretting having it on a midcarder?

Joffy Laine then grabs a microphone and states that at Empire City Showdown, he and Ernest Youngman will tear the place down with their epic match, but when all is said and done, we’ll be the unified champion, do you know why? Because it’s his destiny apparently. (C+) Really solid all-rounder that Joffy.

Intercontinental Title: Ernest Youngman © defeated William 'The Cobra' Wilson in 7:38 via pinfall with The Hit. (D+) Can you see my masterplan taking shape of giving wins to the guys in top-level feuds. It’s a little lazy, but should get the job done.

The Lunatic Fringe cut a promo saying that their only real competitors are Next Gen. They then laugh hysterically. (D)

Nelson Callum drew with Kid Toma in 7:05 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. (D+) FILLER MATCH 2!

World Tag Team Titles: The Lunatic Fringe © defeated The Patriots in 7:51 when Xavi Ferrera defeated Masked Patriot via pinfall with a High Impact Frog Splash. (D+) Pretty big win here for the Fringe, especially given their opponents.

Empire Title: Mean Jean Cattley © defeated Frantic Ali in 31:35 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. Mean Jean Cattley makes defence number 1 of his NYCW Empire title. (C-)

No. 1 Contenders Match: Steven Parker defeated Casey Valentine and Bulldozer Brandon Smith in 31:37 when Steven Parker defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith via pinfall with a handful of tights after Casey and Bulldozer knocked each other out. ©

Yup we’re going to give Steven Parker a shot at the big time. We know he has great chemistry with Mean Jean, so hopefully on the biggest stage they’ll deliver big. We’ll back it up with Youngman/Laine, Luntaic Fringe/Next Gen and a few other matches.

In the rest of the wrestling world we notice that our favourite indy promotion (other than ourselves) MAW ran their annual Where it all Begins Again event and had it main evented with MAW Champion Mean Jean Cattley defeating Tennessee William. Well good for the lazy little nobody. I still didn’t want him back.

I’ve also noticed an independent show called the Shawn Gonzales Memorial Show (main event: Kurt Laramee vs. Geghis Rahn), which is a lovely touch. Surprised I’ve missed it up until this point.

Finally Casey Valentine and William Wilson are now friends having bonded over a shared love of botany. Well there that is.

Bienvenue a Quebec

Saturday Week 4 October 2015

Rouyn-Noranda Gardens (864)

Nelson Callum won a battle royal in 10:07. The other members of the 'final four' were Chris Flynn, Honest Frank and Bradley Blaze, with Chris Flynn being the final elimination. Nelson Callum got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (D) It’s a little sad to me that Nelson Callum has never quite taken off as a singles performer. I might need to redress this in the new year, especially with everyone else leaving all the time.

Davis Wayne Newton cuts his standard promo:

“Bonjour à tous, nous savons que Jean moyenne et Parker vont se battre à Empire City Showdown, mais nous allons voir comment ils s'entendent comme des partenaires. Tongiht moi et Kid Toma faire face à la concurrence d'équipe d'étiquette que je continue ma quête de la face principale de l'événement de l'entreprise.” (C-)

Next Gen defeated The Patriots in 15:25 when El Mítico Jr defeated Syd Collier via pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. During the match we also had The Architect run in and attack Mítico. (D)

World Tag Team Titles: The Lunatic Fringe © defeated Fro Sure and The Masked Mauler in 13:30 when Xavi Ferrera defeated The Masked Mauler via pinfall with a High Impact Frog Splash. (D)

It seems that Bulldozer and Casey are so angry with each other for costing the other the shot at the main event. Bulldozer promises to kill what’s left of The Legacy once and for all.

Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Ernest Youngman drew with Joffy Laine and Casey Valentine in 32:22 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. (C-)

Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker defeated Kid Toma and Davis Wayne Newton in 36:53 when Steven Parker defeated Kid Toma via pinfall with a Future Shock. (D+) After the match, while the two winners are warily watching each other across the ring, Conquest reappears and decks Steven Parker. Mean Jean looks on in shock and doesn’t seem able to help stop the vicious beatdown.

Rating: D+

I wonder what Conquest is up to? And where has he been? And who are the other masked men who have been spotted during matches? Does anyone even care?

October ends and we win all wars again and make $16,000 profit. Standard month really.

TCW are apparently in some financial trouble. We’d have to monitor that situation very closely, see if we couldn’t return the favour by stealing some of their talent.

Welcome to New York City… Where we have a main event and an upper midcard and a tag team match, and we’re building to them all, but some masked fellows seem desperate to get in the way.

Last month before Empire City Showdown 2015 and the year-end awards. Let’s amp-up the predictability and get everyone in a big match firing with some lovely momentum.

Welcome to New York

Wednesday Week 1 November 2015

McGaw Arena (3,371)

We kick off with a four-way interview between Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Mean Jean Cattley, Casey Valentine and Steven Parker. They each talk about the importance of their histories at Empire City Showdown. Mean Jean won a battle royal that opened the first ECS eliminating Casey last for the win. MJC then went on to lose in the main event last year to Cameron Vessey for the Empire Title, while Casey along with Ash Campbell failed to dethrone then Tag Team Champions The Young Stallions. Bulldozer has a less impressive record having lost both years to Oblivion in Tri-State Regional Title Matches. Steven Parker meanwhile talks about how excited he is to compete in his first Showdown and in the end all promise to walk out with a win. But until then, they’ll have a tag match as a warm-up. © A slight change of tact, but I think it worked.

Kid Toma won a battle royal in 10:19. The other members of the 'final four' were Davis Wayne Newton, Animal Harker and The Masked Mauler, with Davis Wayne Newton being the final elimination. Davis Wayne Newton got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (D) I have too much talent to know what to do with I think.

Standard The Lunatic Fringe promo next with them hyping their upcoming match with Next Gen. © They’re getting better.

World Tag Team Titles: The Lunatic Fringe © defeated The Patriots in 9:49 when Xavi Ferrera defeated Syd Collier via pinfall with a High Impact Frog Splash. (D+) Nothing like hammering the nail into the coffin of a feud like this.

Next Gen defeated William 'The Cobra' Wilson and Nelson Callum in 10:28 when El Mítico Jr defeated William 'The Cobra' Wilson via pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. (D+) Poor Cobra and Callum, jobbing out week after week and with no confirmed match on the biggest card of the year.

Ernest Youngman cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Joffy Laine. (C-)

GSW Title: Joffy Laine © defeated Fro Sure in 9:38 via pinfall with a Death Spiral. During the match we also had Ernest Youngman run in and attack Laine. (D+) Fro Sure, another victim of that middle-ground of popularity and talent.

Intercontinental Title: Ernest Youngman © defeated Frantic Ali in 31:40 via pinfall with The Hit. During the match we also had Joffy Laine run in and attack Youngman. (C+) Frantic Ali, whose morale is in the toilet anyway got a little upset with his loss here. What a douche.

Casey Valentine and Steven Parker drew with Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Mean Jean Cattley in 32:39 following a double disqualification following appearance of the mysterious masked men. (C+)

Solid card right there and once again the mysterious 3 masked men (not Conquest this time) appeared to generally look threatening at ringside. What could I be planning?

Bienvenue a Quebec

Saturday Week 4 November 2015

Rouyn-Noranda Gardens (657)

Davis Wayne Newton cuts a promo:

“Vous savez aussi longtemps que je suis avec l'entreprise que je n'ai jamais eu une chance de l'Empire titre. Eh bien, c'est en train de changer. Ce soir, je conteste moyenne Jean Cattley pour le titre. Si je gagne, c'est la gloire et la gloire abonde. S'il gagne, nous réalise enfin un rêve de transformer le titre Empire dans un titre mondial.” (D)

William 'The Cobra' Wilson won a battle royal in 9:31. The other members of the 'final four' were Masked Patriot, Andrew Nash and Ant-Man, with Masked Patriot being the final elimination. Ant-Man got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (D)

Frantic Ali cuts a promo:

“I’ve been here a while and y’know what? I’m sick of being passed over! Time and time again, this piece of crap company has me wrestling nobodies and through cheating they beat me. That all changes tonight. I’m issuing an open challenge to anyone I haven’t faced before and I’m going to beat them to a pulp. Think of it a chance to make a name for yourself.” Some high-tempo rock music plays and out comes… Logan Wolfsbaine? (E-)

Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Frantic Ali in 6:14 via pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex. (D) Yup this guy just finished training and he has all the tools to be a superstar. Plus, he’s awesome at any number of gimmicks and looks like a Greek God. I smell an uber-push!

Xavi Ferrera drew with Matty Faith in 4:14 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. (D-)

The Architect drew with El Mítico Jr in 7:34 following a double count out. (D-) Oh man, they didn't click what a real shame.

Bulldozer Brandon Smith drew with Joffy Laine in 5:25 when the referee lost control and stopped the match following interference from Ernest Youngm and Casey Valentine. (D+)

Steven Parker and Casey Valentine defeated Fro Sure and Kid Toma in 3:12 when Steven Parker defeated Fro Sure via pinfall with a Future Shock. (D+) Just keep feeding them victories, no matter how they come.

Joffy Laine cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Ernest Youngman. (D-)

Intercontinental Title: Ernest Youngman © defeated Nelson Callum in 31:47 via pinfall after Joffy Laine accidentally hit Callum. (C-)

Casey Valentine is out with a microphone.

“I’m here to talk about Bulldozer Brandon Smith. A man who left this company to follow a failed dream in Japan. Who returned cap-in-hand for a job and then forced his way into the main event scene, even though he’s never really won anything of note. The man who made it his mission to destroy The Legacy and who failed at that. Do you know what I think Bulldozer? I think I’ve already won. I think you’ve beaten yourself in your mind. You know I’m better. With that in mind. I think it’s time. It’s time for me to put you to bed once and for all. It’s time to hand you your 3rd consecutive defeat at the Showdown. But I don’t want to just beat you. I want to destroy you. So, I think it’s time… for a steel cage match on the biggest show of them all.” (D) That promo deserved more than that rating. Stupid Canadians.

Empire Title: Mean Jean Cattley © defeated Davis Wayne Newton in 32:16 via pinfall with a Mood Swing. (C-) And with that the Empire Title finally joins its brothers as the Empire World Title.

Frantic Ali continues to have problems backstage. Apparently losing to a rookie in their first ever match isn’t conducive to a happy working life. If he didn’t like that, he’ll positively hate what happens next.

Traditional Tour

Wednesday Week 3 November 2015

The Den (1,557)

Masked Patriot won a battle royal in 9:53. The other members of the 'final four' were Ant-Man, Animal Harker and The Masked Mauler, with Ant-Man being the final elimination. The Masked Mauler got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (D+)

Casey Valentine, Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker have another interview segment where they discuss their combined titles, which doesn’t actually take that long as it reads:

MJC – 2-time Empire Champion

Bulldozer – 1-time Tri-State Champion

Casey – 1-time tag team Champion

Parker – Nothing

There’s something wrong with those stats surely? What have I been doing with the titles for the last 3 years? ©

Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Frantic Ali in 5:43 via pinfall with a Belly To Back Suplex. (E) Hahahahaha. I don’t imagine Ali is going to be around much longer. The streak continues.

The Architect drew with Matty Faith in 5:47 following a double count out. (D-)

Xavi Ferrera drew with El Mítico Jr in 7:32 following a double disqualification. (D+) Actually disappointed with those matches. Oh well, hopefully the tag match will be better.

Ernest Youngman and Davis Wayne Newton drew with Joffy Laine and Nelson Callum in 32:11 following a double disqualification. (C+) Great match and afterwards we announce Davis Wayne Newton vs. Nelson Callum at the Showdown.

Steven Parker cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Mean Jean Cattley. (C-)

Mean Jean Cattley and Bulldozer Brandon Smith drew with Steven Parker and Casey Valentine in 32:09 following a double count out. Once again the Masked Men (now with Conquest) appear and beatdown Steven Parker and Bulldozer Brandon Smith. Mean Jean tries to fight them off while Casey runs to the back. (C+)

One of the big boys was having financial trouble and had released a former NYCWer, so we made a contract offer and hopefully he’d sign in time for the Showdown.

As November ended we won the wars as standard, but lost $35,000 for no adequately explored reason. Oh well, we had loads of money and more pressing things on our minds.

So next up was NYCW Empire City Showdown 2015 and the card looks like this:

Battle Royal

Logan Wolsbaine vs. Frantic Ali

4-Corners Number 1 Contenders Briefcase Match: Kid Toma vs. Fro Sure vs. Masked Patriot vs. The Masked Mauler

William ‘The Cobra Wilson vs. ???

Davis Wayne Newton vs. Nelson Callum

World Tag Team Titles: Next Gen vs. The Lunatic Fringe ©

Unification Match (GSW Title and NYCW Intercontinetal Title): Joffy Laine © vs. Ernest Youngman ©

Cage Match: Casey Valentine vs. Bulldozer Brandon Smith

Empire World Title: Mean Jean Cattley © vs. Steven Parker

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JShmoopy" data-cite="JShmoopy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37535" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You have the worst luck in the history of TEW or maybe we jinxed you?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It wouldn't be as fun if everything worked out as I planned, although reaching Cult has never been more imperative.</p>

NYCW Empire City Showdown 2015

Wednesday Week 1 December 2015

McGaw Arena (4,619)

Steven Parker is out to open the show:

“Welcome to the third annual Empire City Showdown and the most important in the company’s history. On the biggest stage of them all, in my first ever match at this historic show, I will finally step-up and announce myself as the most dominant force in NYCW. Mean Jean Cattley and I have one of the most storied histories in wrestling and while he may have won more, I will address the balance. In fact I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is. If I fail to win the Empire World Title tonight, I will deny myself anymore title shots while Mean Jean is still champion, because frankly I won’t deserve another shot.” © Good old reliable Steven Parker, solid promo from him right there.

Empire City Battle Royal: Conquest won a battle royal in 10:21. The other members of the 'final four' were Honest Frank, Chris Flynn and Bradley Blaze, with Honest Frank being the final elimination. Bradley Blaze got the most eliminations over the course of the match. Conquest is helped to victory by the 3 masked men, the lights then go out and when they come back on all 4 are gone. (D)

Frantic Ali then comes out to loud booing and is offered a microphone, which he rejects. He looks focused. Then the Rookie Sensation Logan Wolfsbaine heads to the ring for their third matchup. It’s not a particularly long match, but it is their best to date, with the youngster being one-step ahead of the former GSW American champion. Ali resorts to cheating and low blows to gain the advantage, but just when he thinks he’s got Wolfsbaine on the ropes, the youngster reverses a DDT attempt into an almighty Belly-to-Belly suplex and then locks in a boston crab and Ali has no choice but to tap out. Say what you will about his experience levels, but Logan Wolfsbaine is a man to watch.

Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Frantic Ali in 6:14 via submission with a Boston Crab. (D+) Best match in their series and once again Ali is devastated to be losing to such a ‘nobody,’ which I think will mark the end of his time in NYCW, because he’s too negative an impact on the backstage area for my liking.

Fatal Fourway Briefcase Contenders Match: This match sees four of the more popular wrestlers on the NYCW roster who for one reason or another find themselves being passed over. Fro Sure, Kid Toma, Masked Patriot and New York’s own The Masked Mauler each take a corner and prepare to fight for a shot at the briefcase, which will entitle them to a title shot whenever they want between now and Summer in the City 2016. The action is solid if unspectacular, but does it’s job of keeping the crowd interested, especially whenever Mauler is doing his thing, running around like a maniac and hitting flying double axehandles, inverted atomic drops and big powerslams. In the end though it is the Samoan Wrecking Machine Kid Toma who gets the victory on the fan favourite and elevates himself into contention for the title.

Kid Toma defeated Fro Sure, Masked Patriot and The Masked Mauler in 10:12 when Kid Toma defeated The Masked Mauler via pinfall with a Long Range Headbutt. (D+) The equivalent of the ‘Money in the Bank’ match sees Kid Toma finally step up to the plate and earn himself a shot at the gold. He’s been a good worker for us and I wanted to reward him.

William 'The Cobra' Wilson is out with Sir Hiss in his bag:

“So here we are on the biggest card in NYCW history and the snake man doesn’t have a victim. Well that simply won’t do. There must be someone else back there who wants a shot at superstardom. I can’t promise you’ll beat me, but I will promise that you’ll never forget the day that you fought The Cobra. So come on, let’s be having you!” Some familiar music hits and out comes… Frankie Perez!!! (D+)

The former 2-time Tag Team Grand Prix winner and 1-time NYCW Tag Team champion P-Dawg has finally returned to NYCW after almost a year’s absence. It seems that with GCG having financially difficulties they had to cut a lot of talent and poor old Frankie was one of them. Still the New York fans don’t care about that, they’re just happy to have him back. He’s clearly in no mood to put up with Wilson’s shenanigans either as after around 10 minutes of stiff Japanese-style action, The Cobra goes to the bag and unleashes Sir Hiss into the ring and P-Dawg charms the snake himself before locking in the P-Clutch for the submission victory.

Frankie Perez defeated William 'The Cobra' Wilson in 10:29 via submission with a P-Clutch. (D+) I don’t really like to job an up-and-comer to someone who bailed on the company before, but Frankie is a great worker and Wilson needs to start building himself up again.

Nelson Callum and Davis Wayne Newton run into each other backstage and agree that tonight they’ll end their near year long feud and may the best man win and they shake hands. After Newton walks away, Callum sneaks some brass knucks into his trunks and smiles. (C-)

In what can only be described as a disappointing match, DW Newton and Nelson Callum settle their long-running feud in a rather slow and plodding affair. Both men seem off their game, which is a real shame considering some of the epic battles they’ve had alongside Fro Sure and William Wilson. The ending couldn’t come soon enough and when it does Callum uses the brass knucks to knock out Newton behind referee Michael Bull’s back and locks in the Honey Trap for the submission win.

Nelson Callum defeated Davis Wayne Newton in 9:44 by submission with a Honey Trap. (D) Seriously bad match considering who was in it, but I’ll have to move both men onto something else, so there we go.

World Tag Team Titles: In a feud that’s been bubbling for a few months the former New Legacy team of El Mitico Jr and Matty Faith (now calling themselves Next Gen) take on one of the most dominant tag teams in NYCW history in The Lunatic Fringe (Xavi Ferrera and The Architect). There’s plenty of high-octane action, a few botched spots (mainly by Matty) and while the challengers put up a good fight, there is only realistically going to be one winner in the this match. The slick tag exchanges from the always-getting-better Fringe prove the highlight and Matty’s performance is a little suspect as his oddly increased muscular bulk has clearly had a drastic effect on his conditioning as he staggers around the ring out of breath for large portions of the match. In the end The Architect hits a flying crossbody from the top rope as Xavi simultenously hits a leg sweep on the floor in a move The Lunatic Fringe call Total Annihilation and they pick up the win.

The Lunatic Fringe © defeated Next Gen in 15:02 when The Architect defeated Matty Faith via pinfall with Total Annihilation. (D+) Decent match and realistically the best we could hope for with Matty in there. We’d have to reconsider plans for him going forward as his obvious steroid abuse was becoming more impacting than we first suspected.

Joffy Laine is out with the GSW Title and a microphone:

“Tonight it is my destiny to ascend to a position of power. Tonight sees me not only retain the GSW Title, but unify it with the NYCW Intercontinental Title. Ernest Youngman has been a fantastic ambassador for the company and represents what it used to be about. But I’m the new generation. I’m where it’s at and after tonight you’ll all know what I’ve been saying for months. This isn’t just fate, this is DESTINY!” ©

Intercontinental and GSW Title Unification Match: When you talk about the future of NYCW it’s difficult to look past these two stars. They timing is incredible, their moves look fantastic and they have the look and styling of future main event stars. In over half an hours worth of action they don’t hold back and the crowd responds in kind. With both men exhausted, but refusing to give an inch to the other it’s down to Ernest Youngman to take the step and scoops up Laine into the Hit for the 3-count. After the match they shake hands and Laine leaves Youngman in the ring to celebrate. Class act from someone normally so arrogant. Could this potentially be a new stage in his career?

Ernest Youngman defeated Joffy Laine in 31:59 via pinfall with The Hit and in the process unifies the Intercontinental and GSW titles. © Great match right there from two who could easily be the future of this company.

Bulldozer Brandon Smith cuts a promo on his way toward the ring which is now surrounded by a steel cage:

“It’s so good to be back in New York City. I know I left for a while, but sometimes you have to do these things to remind you what you’ve got when it’s gone. My time in Japan was an incredible experience, but my heart never left the Big Apple and now I’m back. Back for good! When The Legacy was formed all those years ago I took it upon myself, along with the likes of Sammy Cipriani” Crowd cheers. “Steve Flash” crowd boos. “and Mean Jean Cattley” crowd cheers loudly. “Tonight it is my pleasure and honour to finally hammer the final nail in their coffin. Over the last few months the group has self-destructed, each member leaving of their own accord and now all that remains of the once dominant force is the man I face tonight… Casey Valentine. Tonight we settle this once and for all, and I promise you my friends that we put the silver-spoon fed sons of legends in their place and prove that if you want anything in this world, you have to earn it!” (C+) Fantastic promo right there.

Cage Match: The action is hard-hitting and brutal as you would expect from such a historic match. Both men batter each other from pillar-to-post and while Valentine would normally cheat tow in, he seems fired up enough to just inflict enough damage on the Bulldozer. After both men have been busted upon and blood patches are all over the ring mat it comes to a head. Valentine, having hit a Deep Impact slowly climbs up the cage looking for the escape. Bulldozer manages to claw his way up the side of the cage and grabs his foot and climbs up to the top alongside him. Straddling the top of the cage, the two men trade big punches back and forth until they both land a punch at the some time, which causes Valentine to fall back into the ring and Bulldozer to the outside for the victory. It’s not one either man can celebrate or commiserate though as they’re both stretchered out afterwards.

Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Casey Valentine in a Cage match in 38:31 when Bulldozer Brandon Smith escaped the cage. (B-) BOOM! Now that’s a match and firmly establishes both men as legitimate main event talents, as if there was any doubt.

Steven Parker and Mean Jean Cattley meet backstage. They don’t say a word and Cattley holds up the Empire World Title and Parker just nods. (B-)

Empire World Title:

Mean Jean Cattley defeated Steven Parker in 42:46 via pinfall with a Mood Swing. (B)

Steven Parker gets to his feet and offers his hand to Cattley who accepts and the two men celebrate together in the ring to the adoring masses cheering at ringside. Then… the lights go out. When they come back on seconds later the two combatents are surrounded by the four masked men. Parker and Cattley stand back-to-back circling in the centre of the ring and Conquest raises his hand into a fist and when we forcefully drops it the other three men charge and deliver an almighty beatdown. From the back the rest of the locker room who can still stand charge to ringside including former opponents Ernest Youngman, Joffy Laine, Next Gen, The Lunatic Fringe and Kid Toma, but the masked men don’t let up the beatdown and even manage to repel the rest of the wrestlers hitting power move after power move until the ring and ringside are littered with fallen wrestlers. Standing over the unconscious forms of Steven Parker and Mean Jean Cattley, Conquest picks up the Empire Title and lays it over Cattley’s face before getting a microphone:

“Then I saw when the Lamb of God who broke the seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, “Come.” I looked, and beheld, four horsemen. The first upon a red steed, he was War brandishing his flaming sword. Then upon a steed of black came Death carrying his scales of justice, ready to judge the non-believers. Then a pale ashen steed carrying pestilence, the bringer of pain and suffering. And finally the white horse of purist light upon who sat the greatest of all the riders. He sought to conquer, for he was Conquest and Hell followed behind him. Revelations is here.

This is… The Apocalypse.” ©

Rating: B-

And that, is the best event we’ve ever put on, highlighted with the second best match we’ve ever put on. Not too shabby at all.

We let Frantic Ali go because frankly we hasn’t worth the hassle and his popularity in the Tri-State area had been shot to pieces following 3 successive losses to Logan Wolfsbaine. We once again won all 3 wars and even made $50,000 as 2015 came to an end.

As things stand we are still regional size and are currently 18th most important and influential in the world of wrestling. As it is year end, let’s look at some awards:

Power 500 (Top 10)

1. Kozue Kawashima

2. Champagne Lover

3. Razan Okamato

4. Marcos Flores

5. El Leon

6. Tommy Cornell

7. Pablo Rodriguez

8. Aaron Andrews

9. Tetsonori Yasuda

10. Sean McFly

Former NYCWers in the top 100:

American Elemental (63)

Matthew Keith (92)

Greg Keith (95)

Company of the Year: PGHW

Most Improved Company: TCW

Match of the Year: Champagne Lover vs. Gino Montero (SOTBPW) A*

Wrestler of the Year: Kozue Kawashima

Tag Team of the Year: El Sucio and Pablo Rodriguez

Young Wrestler of the Year: Razan Okamato

Veteran of the Year: Bryan Vessey

NYCW Match of the Year: Cameron Vessey vs. Mean Jean Cattley (B) Spring Smash 2015

NYCW Card of the Year: NYCW Empire City Showdown 2015 (B-)

Wrestler of the Year: Mean Jean Cattley (Current Empire World Champion)

Young Wrestler of the Year: KC Glenn (Former NYCW wrestler and only NYCW Grand Slam Winner)

Tag Team of the Year: The Lunatic Fringe (2-Time World Tag Team Champions)

In the next installment and we’ll take an in-depth look at our roster and run down a little bit of history of every worker along with hints toward future plans.

Archived