Open Weight Company

<p>Never actually 'ran' one, but there's one in the community database, and it sometimes attracts 'heavyweights'. Often they just lose, but I don't think weight is THAT much of a problem, unless it's actually 50 pounds. That said I didn't watch THAT many matches.</p><p> </p><p>

It's also notable that fighters will fight at their preferred weight class, instead of trying to gain as much as possible.</p><p> </p><p>

Anybody who notices performances differences between the class?</p>

I was wondering how the Open weight system worked but I just don't see the point in having Open weight's it's best just everyone fight in there own division as it's fair as Open weight's are a disadvantage. A 150 pounder going up against a 220 pounder doesn't make sense to me.

<p>It works quite simple, any weight is acceptable.</p><p> </p><p>

In reality it means that big guys generally have a better time succeeding than small guys.</p><p> </p><p>

Aside from the huge standout lightweights like Ho, Ziskie etc. the big guys tend to dominate over the small guys.</p><p> </p><p>

Sluggers absolutely demolish lighter guys due to being massively bigger and more muscular.</p><p> </p><p>

Fatties also can dominate because they can just sit on the other guy and can even smother the most elite BJJ artists. </p><p> </p><p>

I for one never use Openweight because the weight difference is just too massive. </p><p>

I do sometimes go with Pride style weight classes (Heavyweight, Middleweight, Lightweight), just to consolidate my talent and get a couple of mega classes.</p>

Forgot to mention that in the community db, there's actually a super-HW division. Some of the greatest HW try and fail as they are so much behind in weight.

But I once tested it, and if it's 'just' 30 pounds, it doesn't seem to be be THAT much of a disadvantage in the game.

Archived