[RELEASE] Real World Chronicles - May 2014

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrCanada" data-cite="MrCanada" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37932" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just stumbled upon a useful piece of info while poking around.<p> </p><p> Apparently "17" is <a href="http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=4892" rel="external nofollow">Kyle Matthews</a>. Based on body type, the little you can see through the 17 mask (bushy eyebrows, beard), and the fact 17 wears full sleeves (this is generally done to cover tattoos and such, which Matthews has), it seems more than likely to be the case.</p><p> </p><p> Figure might be worth running with at least, since you have something to base 17 on.</p><p> </p><p> Reference Image:</p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/V5RAMio.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> Jervis Cottonbelly is (or at least was originally) played by Vin Gerard, the original Equinox. But it seems while that was kind of known, recently people think a new student may have taken over the role, but as Chikara can lead to annoying crap with updates, going on the Vin Gerard assumption might be worthwhile.</p><p> </p><p> If you've ever heard Estonian Thunderfrog <a href="http://chikaraspecial.tumblr.com/post/50416942605/throwdown-lowdown-5-14-2013-green-ant-lariats" rel="external nofollow">talk</a> it seems its likely Icarus. Same voice. Explains how Icarus wrestled during the hiatus, without being Icarus.</p><p> </p><p> Saturyne ditched her mask and gimmick and is now Hania "The Howling" Huntress. Seems she may have had a falling out with Quackenbush (Quack apparently cheated on his wife with her, which is what led to the Chikara hiatus to begin with as divorce/seperation = no money).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I may run with Kyle Matthews as 17. It seems very likely it's him so thanks. </p><p> </p><p> Jervis Cottonbelly was originally portrayed by TJ Cain, a wrestler from Manchester, England before Vin Gerard took over the gimmick. It is however a former Wrestlefactory student under the mask now though as last I heard Vin had retired in 2012.</p><p> </p><p> Estonian Thunderfrog was Icarus, but the character has since been passed to someone else. I've got it already in the data as an alter ego of Icarus.</p><p> </p><p> Although Saturyne's default name is still Saturyne in the data, her alter ego of Hania is used 100% of the time and has been in the data since Octobers release I believe.</p><p> </p><p> If you find out any more then please let me know (I know Drew Gulak was Soldier Ant, Orange Cassidy is Fire Ant, and John Silver is The Shard).</p><p> </p><p> Off the topic of CHIKARA quickly, the original Sin Cara is now using the name El Misterioso and has debuted a new mask. This has been changed.</p>

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>I have to say this is an awesome mod. I've tried cpt Charisma's long ago, but I personally found it too bloated and just filled with errors, but props to him and the people who helped make that big mod.</p><p> </p><p>

This one however I find pretty amazing. There are some things bugging me a bit maybe, but it's probably TEW mechanics which cause it, for example all the promotions seem to expand quickly. I'm a year and a few months into a save with custom created promotion and ROH is now almost as famous as TNA, FIP is cult, CZW is regional, Shimmer went up a size and maybe a few more too. It seems a bit excessive but I don't mind.</p><p> </p><p>

Also I find it really funny The Rock is currently a free agent and WWE won't sign him, he's been in the news about having no work for 6 months and is raring to go. I found it hilarious.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyways love the mod, and I've been cutting some free worker pics mainly for myself, because I have this huge fear of doing a 5 year save and longer and running out of all the free worker pics, that's why I turned regeneration on for a lot of original guys too. </p><p> </p><p>

So if I get to a respectable number with it and publish it, you can of course incorporate it into the mod, currently I'm only at around 50ish.</p>

I have to say this is an awesome mod. I've tried cpt Charisma's long ago, but I personally found it too bloated and just filled with errors, but props to him and the people who helped make that big mod.

This one however I find pretty amazing. There are some things bugging me a bit maybe, but it's probably TEW mechanics which cause it, for example all the promotions seem to expand quickly. I'm a year and a few months into a save with custom created promotion and ROH is now almost as famous as TNA, FIP is cult, CZW is regional, Shimmer went up a size and maybe a few more too. It seems a bit excessive but I don't mind.

Also I find it really funny The Rock is currently a free agent and WWE won't sign him, he's been in the news about having no work for 6 months and is raring to go. I found it hilarious.

Anyways love the mod, and I've been cutting some free worker pics mainly for myself, because I have this huge fear of doing a 5 year save and longer and running out of all the free worker pics, that's why I turned regeneration on for a lot of original guys too.

So if I get to a respectable number with it and publish it, you can of course incorporate it into the mod, currently I'm only at around 50ish.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah I've been trying to figure out a way to stop the massive popularity gain some companies get. A part of me was thinking about maybe setting their maximum popularity settings (ie cannot rise above cult etc) but figured that would mean the player changing the set up of promotions before playing in order to gain popularity.

Any pictures you contribute would be great. Currently for June there are 186 free worker pictures, I may get time to cut a few more and even it out at 200.

I think a lot of it is due to the IPPV giving companies increases that would be impossible to get in real life since it's treated as a proper provider when in reality it isn't.

I honestly wouldn't be opposed to scrapping it since it's not a true PPV provider

Speaking of, ROH should have a PPV deal with inDemand I guess since they're supposed to deut in June on PPV with major providers

I think a lot of it is due to the IPPV giving companies increases that would be impossible to get in real life since it's treated as a proper provider when in reality it isn't.

I honestly wouldn't be opposed to scrapping it since it's not a true PPV provider

Speaking of, ROH should have a PPV deal with inDemand I guess since they're supposed to deut in June on PPV with major providers

I actually agree with you to be honest with regards the iPPV situation so may just delete it from the data completely. Same with WWNLIVE.COM and Internet.

First page list updated

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fleisch" data-cite="Fleisch" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37932" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I actually agree with you to be honest with regards the iPPV situation so may just delete it from the data completely. Same with WWNLIVE.COM and Internet.<p> </p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong>First page list updated</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, that could have definitevly been the issue. Also company popularity have been kinda bugging me a bit, it depends on which way you want to see it. In this mod FIP, CZW, SHIMMER, Shine and the most USA promotions have all regions set at same popularity, which I think is a more realistic approach given that people are so informed nowadays and get info and online, so thinking CZW might get 300 people in TriState, but 30 in Mid West is kinda stupid.</p><p> </p><p> Then again setting the promotions to feel more regional based has the default TEW feel to it. Also, after deleting iPPV and the other 'PPV' carriers in the June update I think you'll need to play with popularity a bit, since if left the same they'll drop a lot without the coverage.</p><p> </p><p> I haven't watched wrestling in a while, but I do find the attendance numbers after a few months in this release go wild, and look pretty unrealistic. ROH pulling 6,000, TNA at one PPV had 15,000 in my game. Though it's a TEW issue, so there's nothing to be done about it.</p><p> </p><p> The last suggestion is maybe a few more small TV networks to replace the PPV carries which have been deleted. All the other stuff is really great.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="daulten6" data-cite="daulten6" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37932" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just my opinion, but Tyson Kidd's psychology should be raised a bit. It's at D+, the same as Reigns</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> i agree more with reigns than tyson</p><p> </p><p> to me thats tyson's real downfall in his lack of psychology</p>

<p>Some New Japan and general notes</p><p> </p><p>

Bump AJ Styles up to 70 in Japan</p><p> </p><p>

Kota Ibushi should probably be low B+ in aerial and A in flashiness, low 60s psychology. 66 popularity</p><p> </p><p>

Would change Generico to low 70s psychology and raise Liger to the 75 area. Also perhaps raise Joey Mercury's psychology to make him a better road agent?</p><p> </p><p>

Raise Fale Simitaitoko to 55 popularity in Japan, Raise Tomohiro Ishii to 60, Drop Naito to 72ish (dropped 3 of 4 matches to Ishii recently and just lost clean to Fale as well)</p><p> </p><p>

Make Takaaki Watanabe active in the US and Canada in addition to a PPA with NJPW as he's currently on a learning excursion. Rumors are that ROH will start using him regularly soon but those are just rumors for now, also change his size to Middleweight (min middle, max Heavy)</p><p> </p><p>

Change Nick/Matt Jackson to cruiserweight/35 popularity in Japan</p><p> </p><p>

Drop Damien Sandow and Dolph Ziggler popularity, could firmly say bump all of the Shield up 5-6 points</p><p> </p><p>

Remove the women's division from ROH and bump ACH to 15-20 in the entire US, Rhett Titus is in ROH under the mask as Romantic Touch</p><p> </p><p>

Give Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards written contracts with TNA? I've yet to play a game where they even lasted to December without getting taken away from TNA</p>

<p>I don't know about the last one. Richards posted on his Facebook page about a week ago that he was taking bookings for the last two weeks of August.</p><p>

I also wouldn't go maximum heavyweight for Watanabe. He's only 5'10".</p>

<p>Yeah but TNA guys work certain Indy shows, even the big names.</p><p> </p><p>

Bully Ray is going to be on HOH in June and Jeff has been running OMEGA shows recently with the latest one being this or last month, the Hardys are also advertised to wrestle the Young Bucks in August. I think the thing with that is they aren't allowed to work DVD or ippv shows which is why the Bad Influence DGUSA match was a "special main event" dark match</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37932" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah but TNA guys work certain Indy shows, even the big names.<p> </p><p> Bully Ray is going to be on HOH in June and Jeff has been running OMEGA shows recently with the latest one being this or last month, the Hardys are also advertised to wrestle the Young Bucks in August. I think the thing with that is they aren't allowed to work DVD or ippv shows which is why the Bad Influence DGUSA match was a "special main event" dark match</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> so should these guys get a PPA deal instead of a written one?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="harrypotterhead" data-cite="harrypotterhead" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37932" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>i agree more with reigns than tyson<p> </p><p> to me thats tyson's real downfall in his lack of psychology</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Watching NXT Takeover just now, I respectfully disagree with this. His match with Neville was paced excellently and it wasn't a spot fest at all but more of an all around match build from the ground up. Tyson's been wrestling since he was a teen and has probably forgotten more than a lot of wrestlers will ever know.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="harrypotterhead" data-cite="harrypotterhead" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37932" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>so should these guys get a PPA deal instead of a written one?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No because by TEW terms those shows are so small that they don't really count. Who would they be contracted to? That is what the "local shows" are for, and they don't work them if they're already employed anyways.</p>

<p>Kidd needs a psych boost for sure.</p><p> </p><p>

He's one of the more respected workers in the locker room right now, Triple H says so himself. Its why he's still employed, and its why the WWE is apparently looking to create a masked gimmick to use him more.</p><p> </p><p>

Kidd is the current day Jamie Noble if you want to compare him to anyone. Likely a career for life, even when WWE decides his in-ring use is done, I bet he gets offered a training spot in NXT immediately.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37932" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Some New Japan and general notes<p> </p><p> Bump AJ Styles up to 70 in Japan</p><p> </p><p> Kota Ibushi should probably be low B+ in aerial and A in flashiness, low 60s psychology. 66 popularity</p><p> </p><p> Would change Generico to low 70s psychology and raise Liger to the 75 area. Also perhaps raise Joey Mercury's psychology to make him a better road agent?</p><p> </p><p> Raise Fale Simitaitoko to 55 popularity in Japan, Raise Tomohiro Ishii to 60, Drop Naito to 72ish (dropped 3 of 4 matches to Ishii recently and just lost clean to Fale as well)</p><p> </p><p> Make Takaaki Watanabe active in the US and Canada in addition to a PPA with NJPW as he's currently on a learning excursion. Rumors are that ROH will start using him regularly soon but those are just rumors for now, also change his size to Middleweight (min middle, max Heavy)</p><p> </p><p> Change Nick/Matt Jackson to cruiserweight/35 popularity in Japan</p><p> </p><p> Drop Damien Sandow and Dolph Ziggler popularity, could firmly say bump all of the Shield up 5-6 points</p><p> </p><p> Remove the women's division from ROH and bump ACH to 15-20 in the entire US, Rhett Titus is in ROH under the mask as Romantic Touch</p><p> </p><p> Give Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards written contracts with TNA? I've yet to play a game where they even lasted to December without getting taken away from TNA</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks. All done with the exceptions of Takaaki Watanabe set as a middleweight. Last I heard he was around 190-200lbs. Has he bulked up? I've set him as Lightweight with Middleweight as a maximum.</p><p> </p><p> As always, first page list updated.</p>

<p>He was at the ROH shows and the tale of the tape had him around 190</p><p> </p><p>

For his actual matches he wasn't that much smaller than Elgin and the announcers even made a mention of his stats being a bit out of date, also that's traditionally a goal young guys have is to bulk up before they come back to Japan full time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37932" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He was at the ROH shows and the tale of the tape had him around 190<p> </p><p> For his actual matches he wasn't that much smaller than Elgin and the announcers even made a mention of his stats being a bit out of date, also that's traditionally a goal young guys have is to bulk up before they come back to Japan full time.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Elgin is only like 5'8 IRL. I know him from Ontario Indys and am taller then he is (I'm 6'0"-6'1"). I always found it amazing how small a lot of the modern indy guys are, even those considered "large". Samoa Joe was only maybe 5'10" - 5'11" when I met him as well. I believe he is billed over 6-foot.</p><p> </p><p> I always chuckle when people make "good big man" statements about some indy guys, when you consider someone like The Rock at 6'5" 250lbs is 5-6 inches taller than most of them and 10-20 pounds heavier. Triple H being 6'4" 260 another example. Someone like Abyss is only about 6'4" and lies to be 6'8" because Samoa Joe says he's 6'2" when he's only like 5'10". Basically, the difference between say, The Rock & The Big Show is the same as The Rock & Samoa Joe. Was Samoa Joe 3-4 inches taller than Punk? <a href="http://www.wwe.com/f/video/thumb/2013/01/raw1024_rock_punk_010713.jpg" rel="external nofollow">And Punk was dwarfed by the Rock for example.</a></p><p> </p><p> You really have to take billed heights & weights with a grain of salt. Elgin is probably about 5'8" and 240 tops, probably closer to 230.</p>

<p>Im not talking about height because Okada was towering over Elgin, but just body mass wise Elgin is a pretty good sized dude</p><p> </p><p>

and yeah damn near everyone on the indies is really short. Claudio, Hero, and Brodie Lee (Harper) are the only guys off the top of my head who were a legit 6 feet or taller</p>

Just noticed you havnt mentioned removing KENTA from NOAH. He's officially done with the company as of May 17th (he wrestled his farewell match). It assumed he's headed to the WWE like Prince Devitt. but waiting on a visa, though its not confirmed.

Archived