Best way to do a foreign leagues

Without getting too many imports since there are no limits is to control the level of the league's salaries. If you can keep the league at a low enough rate, then you don't end up with lots of foreigners in your domestic international leagues. I've found around 500k salary caps and making the NBA lucrative enough that min sal guys would rather ride the NBA pine than go overseas will keep your legends from going overseas unless you absolutely want them to do that.

Currently have a dozen foreign leagues running and it's been nice for them to develop their own histories over time with only the occasional Americans coming into to ruin stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

<p>You know, none of my leagues do have promotion and relegation. This might not be a bad idea, though for me to consider just to see how it works.</p><p> </p><p>

I think you have to make sure that the budgets are somewhat similar though, if you want it to work better.</p><p> </p><p>

I'll test it out and see.</p><p> </p><p>

The other thing is, you need to make sure to turn on drafts in those foreign leagues, so you can ensure each year that at least a few natives of the country enter the league year after year or else, you'll end up overrun with foreigners. It might happen anyway, but keeping salaries artificially low for a long while coupled with drafts will keep those rosters stocked with some locals for a good long while.</p>

Archived