TCW 2013: Seizing Opportunity

I have had no problems with the write ups personally. I always worry about getting too text heavy myself, but on your end I think you hit a nice medium. I used to have a professor tell me one thing to keep in mind while writing. Think of it as a woman in a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to keep people interested.

ScoopSlam.com

The #1 destination for pro wrestling news anywhere!

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/TCW/ScoopSlam_zps4cf18207.jpg

SWF News:

Supreme Spending Spree!

The pro wrestling community across the country is feeling the arrival of Jerry Eisen as SWF owner this week, as the company has announced a slew of new talent signings. Many smaller promotions across the country are reeling from the mass exodus of independent talent.

So far the list includes:

Donnie J

Joss Thompson

Grandmaster Phunk

Mainstream Hernandez

Roger Cage

Remmy Skye

Steven Parker

Akima Brave

Madman Boone

Sgt. Bubba Lee West

Frankie Perez

Citizen X

Clark Alexander

Jack Griffith

Fox Mask

Jerry Martin

Sayeed Ali

Rhino Umaga

More talents are still expected to sign in the coming weeks.

Angry Gilmore; Free Agent?

The other big story out of the SWF this week is Angry Gilmore’s upcoming North American Title defense against Brandon James scheduled for Supreme TV next week. Many are analyzing the upcoming bout as an implication of Angry Gilmore’s future with the company. It is widely believed that if Gilmore is successful in his title defense, it is a sign that he has reached a new agreement with SWF. If Gilmore drops the title to James, it could be a sign that he will be plying his trade in other promotions soon.

Gilmore’s frustration in the company has been a hot-button issue within the industry since Christmas Clash.

TCW News:

Upcoming “Big Announcement”

ScoopSlam.com has learned that higher-ups within TCW have been having round-the-clock “secret meetings” regarding a major announcement later this week. Many pro-wrestling pundits have speculated on the the nature of the announcement. Everything from PPV expansion, the debut of a new television show, and a major talent signing have all been mentioned as possible reasons for the upcoming announcement. TCW has been airtight regarding any leaks on the nature of this news, so it’s no more than speculation at this time.

More as it develops...

Friday Night

Week 2 January 2013

Tommy Cornell’s home

Tommy had a beautiful home on the skirts of Los Angeles. While Tommy’s business thrift was one the things that had made him and TCW successful, he was not one to cut corners on things he deemed invaluable and his home and his family fell in that category.

So he bought a highly-stylized modern mansion from a famous movie producer and invested in some personal renovations; including a state-of the-art gym and a totally decked out patio and pool area. Tommy had been known to host meetings and parties at his home, taking advantage of the luxurious space. Tonight was one such occasion.

We were hosting a contingent representing North Of The Border Pro Wrestling and there were festive feeling the air. Tomorrow would be a joint press conference announcing a working agreement between the two companies. We all felt that such a partnership would be mutually beneficial; both promotions valued a solid in-ring product and were thriving under the shadow of the Eisen empire.

Representing TCW, along with myself, Tommy and his wife Jennifer, was Joel Bryant, Robert Oxford, RDJ, Wolf Hawkins, and Ed Monton. NOTBPW had sent 4 of Dan Stone’s children (Jeremy who was in charge of the company, Victoria--Sean McFly’s wife and current head booker, Dan Jr., and Duane, two of the faces of the company) and Craig Prince, a former TCW hand who many of us knew and helped broker the new partnership.

Perhaps the biggest surprise was that Dan Stone himself, the legend who built the company and Canadian wrestling in general, had come along as well. Dan had retired in 2011 after handing the reins over to his son Jeremy. Everyone agreed that having him at the press conference tomorrow would help make the event feel more special. Dan was looking forward to it, and was very animated all night. He was entertaining the room with a hilarious road story about Canadian legends “Whipper” Marks and George DeColt getting stuck in a massive snow storm and eating ketchup packets because they thought they would starve to death.

As the night progressed and conversations developed in smaller pockets, I took a moment to step out onto the patio and get some air. It wasn’t long before Dan Stone Sr. followed me. “Sam, can I talk to you for a minute?” He politely asked. He seemed a lot older out here than he had inside.

“Of course Dan. What’s up?”

He looked out to the LA skyline. We stood there for a moment before he spoke. “You have two boys in the business, don’t you Sam?”

“Yes sir. Matt and Greg. They’re good kids.”

“Ever wish they didn’t follow their old man? Maybe settle down teaching school or fixing cars?”

“Of course I do. The business isn’t a job--it’s a lifestyle. It wrecked my marriage and ruined a lot of my friends in even more than that. But the boys have it in them as much as I do--and I can’t change that. It took me a few years to make peace with that.”

“Hmm.” Was all he said. We stood staring out at the amazing view for another moment. “How’s my boy Edd doing?”

“He’s good Dan. I mean I haven’t been back with the company for more than a few weeks, but he seems good. He’s got his head on right.”

Dan smiled. “I’m glad. I’ve been thinking about calling him lately. I keep picking up the phone and then I think about what I would say and...and I just stop. I put the phone back down.” He turned from the view and looked me straight in the eye. “I don’t want to put the phone back down Sam. I want to talk to my Eddy again.” He was blinking tears from his eyes.

I nodded and took my cellphone from my pocket and pulled up Edd Stone’s phone number. I pressed “Call.”

“It’s ringing.” Was all I said before handing him the phone and heading back inside.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center"><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><strong><span style="font-size:18px">TCW.com presents the Total Wrestling Preview!</span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"> </span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Aaron Andrews</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> has been the toast of the town this past week, as the International Champion scored a huge upset when he pinned </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>“Rough Justice” Tommy Cornell</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> last week on Total Wrestling. Can he repeat the feat for the second time in as many weeks when he meets Cornell in tag-team action? That’s right, TCW’s “Ace” will team with no. 1 contender </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Rocky Golden</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> against </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>World Champion Wolf Hawkins</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> and </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Tommy Cornell</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> in this week’s main event! Surely sparks will go off in this big main event as we preview the big Malice title match!</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> As if that wasn’t a big enough tag match this week, following their dust-up on last week’s episode, </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>“Cowboy” RDJ </strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">teams with </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Benny Benson</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> against </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Troy Tornado</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> and </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Bryan Vessey</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">! Two more Malice previews here and one has to believe the winners of this one will have a lot of momentum with 2 weeks until TCW storms the Nevada State Armoury for the first PPV of the new year.</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> TCW.com has also learned that</span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong> Rick Law</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> has</span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong> “a special stipulation”</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> for </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Joey Minnesota</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> and their match at Malice in Wonderland. One can only wonder what the crooked cop has up his sleeve this week. </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> Plus a big 6 man tag match previewing Malice in Wonderland when </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>The Hellfire Club</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> teams against </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Sammy Bach</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> and </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>The New Wave</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> and more on this week’s </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Total Wrestling</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">!</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Full Scheduled Card:</strong><p> </p><p> Jimmy Foxx, Mighty Mo, and Giant Tana vs. Jay Chord and The Canadian Animals</p><p> The New Wave and Sammy Bach vs. The Hellfire Club (Genghis Rahn and TX Buffalo)</p><p> “Kobra” Ino vs. Brent Hill</p><p> Benny Benson & RDJ vs. Bryan Vessey & Troy Tornado</p><p> “Ace” Andrews & Rocky Golden vs. Wolf Hawkins & Tommy Cornell</p><p> </p><p> *card subject to change</p></div></blockquote>

<p>Jimmy Foxx, Mighty Mo, and Giant Tana vs. <strong>Jay Chord and The Canadian Animals</strong></p><p>

<strong>The New Wave and Sammy Bach</strong> vs. The Hellfire Club (Genghis Rahn and TX Buffalo)</p><p>

<strong>“Kobra” Ino</strong> vs. Brent Hill</p><p>

<strong>Benny Benson & RDJ</strong> vs. Bryan Vessey & Troy Tornado</p><p>

“Ace” Andrews & Rocky Golden vs. <strong>Wolf Hawkins & Tommy Cornell</strong></p>

January Wk 3 2013

Tuesday Afternoon

The Friedman Building

I decided that before I would commit to anything on-screen, I would have a conversation with Tommy offscreen. Normally Tommy would only like to talk about booking storylines and angles in broad strokes, not too interested in what was happening in the undercard or the week-to-week matchups. That being said, I felt this would be different and I wanted his approval.

We were sitting in his private dressing room. I just went into it. “Dan Stone spoke to Edd--they buried the hatchet. Apparently the other kids are still pissed at him though.”

Tommy looked at me and shrugged. “They’ve already agreed to work with us--what’s the big deal, Sam? Don’t force Edd into a ring with them and let them have their space. It’s not our business. Hell, this is more about getting McFly here more than anything else. We don’t even need to have Edd in the same building with the rest of the lot.”

I didn’t reply. I just looked at him and after a moment he saw what I was thinking.

“Bloody hell mate! You want to make a Stone family storyline! That’ll royally piss them off!” Tommy was uncharacteristically raising his voice. This was going worse than I expected.

“Believe it or not, the old man asked me to. He thought that it would help them talk.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me! We’re a bloody wrestling company, not family therapy!”

“Okay, so let’s be a wrestling company. This family feud is something that fans know about and will make a hot angle. Dan and Duane are professionals, so they’ll be fine with it. Besides, it’ll elevate and Freddy and Edd up the card. It’s a good business move Tommy.”

Before Tommy could answer there was pounding on the dressing room. Tommy went to open and Wolf Hawkins busted in and he was hot about something.

He got right in my face and started pointing a finger. “Sam, you’ve got to do something with Joey Minnesota. The guy’s an asshole and if you don’t straighten him out, I will.”

Tommy immediately stepped in-between us and grabbed Wolf under the jaw. “You never get in his face ever again or I’m going to straighten you out, mate. You understand me?”

Wolf nodded. “Sorry Sam. I’m just tired of his shit.”

I nodded. “I’m on it Wolf. Get out of here.” Wolf nodded at both of us. “Sorry again” he said before he left.

“What’s your plan with that one, Sam? He testing you mate, but it's time to reign him in.”

“I was just thinking the same thing. I think the whole 'fatherly approach' has run it's course with him. It's time to read him the riot act.”

“Good. But before you go, how’s Robert making out with our new signee?”

I smiled. “He’s going to work out very well Tommy. I was worried he’d come in here breaking noses like Japan, but he knows how to work without killing anyone. He’s going to be huge for us, I think.”

“Did Eric Tyler accept your idea to manage him?”

“Oh yes. He was really excited. He sees dollar signs all over him too.”

<p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Total Wrestling</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong> Tuesday Wk 3 Jan 2013</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong> The Friedman Building (Mid South)</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong> 10,000 Fans</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong> Announce Team: Azaria and Rhodes</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong> </strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong> </strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Dark:</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Joshua Taylor def. El Mitico Jr (56)</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> John Anderson def. Danny Fonzarelli (65)</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Live:</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> After the traditional opening pyrotechnic display, we come to the commentary desk were Jason Azaria and Kyle Rhodes greet the viewing audience. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Welcome to another edition of TCW Total Wrestling live only on the GNN Total Sports Network!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Rhodes:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> It is Tuesday night Jason, where else would we be?</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> We have lots of great wrestling action on tap this evening, capped off by two huge tag-team matches! First, we will have RDJ and Benny Benson taking on Troy Tornado and Bryan Vessy and in our main event Wolf Hawkins and Tommy Cornell will meet Rocky Golden and “Ace” Andrews!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Rhodes:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> I can hardly wait Jason! </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Let’s the hit the ring for our opening contest! </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>“Flying” Jimmy Foxx, Giant Tana and Mighty Mo vs. Jay Chord and The CANimals </strong></span><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> The match is an open, fast paced affair designed to get the crowd on their feet to start the show. A brief distraction by the Vita and Laura Huggins at ringside allow the heels to take control, cutting Tana off from his partners. Chord, Huggins and Edd Stone use quick tags to keep the fun-loving giant on his back. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> The tide turns when Stone missing a senton splash from the top. Tana makes the tag to Mo. Stone quickly he decides he wants nothing to do with the big bruiser and tags in Chord. Mo and Chord go back and forth until Jimmy Foxx gets the tag, and goes after the new All-Action champion like a house of fire. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> It’s textbook from here on and Foxx puts Chord away with the Flying Foxx.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Winner: Jimmy Foxx</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Finishing Maneuver: Flying Foxx (Shooting Star Press) on Jay Chord</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Time: 8:47</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Rating: 65</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> So much for all Jay Chord’s talk of a new era last week, Kyle. Jimmy Foxx made a much louder statement in our opening contest.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Rhodes:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> He should be in line for a title rematch--but I still contend that one-on-one and tag team competition are different animals. In fact, it’s one of the reasons that Aaron Andrews was able to pin Tommy Cornell last week.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Well, we can officially announce that Aaron Andrews will face Tommy Cornell at Malice in Wonderland in 2 short weeks! Add that match to an already stacked card, and this looking to a can’t miss event! To tell us more, our new backstage interviewer, Ernie Turner!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Golden and Andrews are Ready</strong></span><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> We’re in the backstage interview area with new backstage man, Ernie Turner. “Hello fans! I’m Ernie Turner, and I’m here with no. 1 contender Rocky Golden and “International Champion” Aaron Andrews. Gentlemen, tonight you face your Malice in Wonderland opponents, Wolf Hawkins and Tommy Cornell in a tag match. Thoughts?”</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Rocky Golden suddenly flashes his trademark smirk. “My thoughts? I think Cornell and Hawkins, are running out places to hide. They’re certainly running out of days as World Champion. But for tonight, we’ve got a hell of a primer--and I got the hottest pistol in pro wrestling in my corner”</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Rocky slaps Andrews on the back. Andrews has his title slung over his shoulder. “Tommy Cornell, you think what happened last week is a fluke. Oh no, it wasn’t fluke. It was hurtle for the Ace Andrews ascent. I’m looking to prove it again tonight.”</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Segment Time: 5 min</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Rating: 74</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Pretty confident words from those guys Kyle!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Rhodes:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> They better be confident Jason, they’re face the Tommy freaking Cornell and the Champion of the World, Wolf Hawkins. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> They sure are. But next, another exciting 6 man tag match with Sammy Bach and The New Wave facing The Hellfire Club! </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Rhodes:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Peak and his friends have had Sammy Bach’s number Jason, I’ve said that all along. The X factor here is the introduction of The New Wave! These guys are tag team wrestling masters.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> That match is next!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Sammy Bach and The New Wave vs. The Hellfire Club (Rahn and TX Buffalo w/ Goldworthy)</strong></span><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> This opens with a wild brawl with neither team gaining an advantage for the first few minutes. The heels take control and keep the heat on Scout, cutting him off and beating him down. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> After Scout makes the hot tag, and we have some more back and forth action until the finish. Guide and Pete are the legal men, with Pete stomping Guide in the corner. Bach and Rahn have gone over the top rope to the floor in an heap. Scout has dropkicked Buffalo to the floor and sets up Pete for sweep kick in Wave of Mutilation (Total Elimination). Instead of Guide hitting his drop kick, it’s Bach with a springboard dropkick taking Pete over. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Winners: New Wave and Sammy Bach</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Finishing Maneuver: Guide pins Texas Pete after The Wave of Mutilation (Total Elimination) by Scout and Bach </strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Time: 14:31</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Rating: 66</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Following the match and a commercial break, we come and are cut straight to the commentary table--which is unusual outside of the open of the show. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Folks, something happened here while we were at commercial break. Eddie Peak ambushed Sammy Bach at the top of the entrance ramp following his match. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Rhodes:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> It was a devastating waylay for sure, Jason. TCW cameras were rolling however.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> We are going to bring you the footage of that attack. There is no commentary track folks, as I said, this all happened during the commercial break.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>The Animal Unleashed</strong></span><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> The footage shows Bach and The New Wave raising their arms in victory at the top of the ramp, a last gesture for the fans in the live crowd before heading back through the curtain. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> As soon as Guide and Scout are through the curtain, seemingly appearing from nowhere, Peak bumrushes Bach spearing him across the ramp. Quickly, Peak gets up roaring unintelligibly, intensity flowing through him. He picks up the prone form of Sammy Bach and powerbombs him into a table full of audio equipment. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> The footage ends with Peak leaning over Bach breathing heavily and frothing at the mouth.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Segment Time: 6 minutes</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Rating: 68</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Eddie Peak is not right in the head, Kyle. Bach won’t even face him unless he beats Genghis Rahn in two weeks! Is he so afraid that Bach will beat Rahn that he wanted to cripple him tonight? It’s sickening!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Rhodes:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> I actually agree with you on this Jason. Unnecessary brutality. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> At this time we are going to cut backstage to Ernie Turner while crews get the entrance ramp clean up.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Tag Team Specialists 2.0</strong></span><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Ernie Turner is backstage with longtime TCW veteran and universally respected tag team worker, Joel Bryant. Bryant is standing with another much younger wrestler. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Turner says “Joel Bryant, you have requested a brief interview here tonight. What’s on your mind?”</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Bryant claps his arm around the younger wrestler. “I wanted to tell you about my new tag team partner and protege, “The Marksmen” Kirk Jameson. This young man has been internationally recognized as one of wrestling’s brightest prospects. Much in the mold of what Robert Oxford and I have done for years, we’re the next generation of Tag Team Specialists.”</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Segment Time: 4 min</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Rating: 51</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Sounds like we have a new tag team in TCW!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Rhodes:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> They have a lot of history to live up to. Oxford and Bryant were pretty damn good for a long, sustained period of time.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> They sure were, and we’ll see if Bryant’s new protege can carry the torch. But first we have contest of two other TCW veterans, Kobra Ino and Brent Hill!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Kobra Ino vs. Brent Hill </strong></span><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> This is wide-open from bell-to-bell, with both competitors showing their ring-savvy and exchanging offensive control. Eventually Brent Hill drops Ino on the back of his head with a high belly-to-back suplex. Hill feels confident he has put Ino down and goes for the cover. Ino gets a shoulder up at a very dramatic two and half. Hill gets up and begins disputing the count with official Robbie Sanchez. The brief moment is all Kobra Ino needs to roll backwards to his feet and wait for Hill to turn around and catches him with a brutal kick taking Hill practically out of his boots. The Kobra’s Bite secures the pinfall.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Winner: Kobra Ino</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Finishing Maneuver: Kobra’s Bite (Bicycle kick to the head)</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Time: 14:06</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Rating: 71</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Rhodes:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Jason, is it me or is the Kobra’s Bite the most vicious move in pro wrestling?</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria: </strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Kyle, here’s a little fact you might not know: no one has kicked out of it. Ever. Not in the US, not in Japan, not anywhere. So yes, it might very well be the most vicious move in pro wrestling.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Rhodes:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> It’s pretty hard to kick out when your teeth are in the nosebleeds. Man, that kick is scary.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Fans, we’re going to be turning our attention to our semi-main event this evening. Following the events of last week’s show, Benny Benson and the TCW icon, Ricky Dale Johnson join forces against Bryan Vessey and Troy Tornado. Surely tempers will be high in this one.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Benny Benson and RDJ vs. Bryan Vessey and Troy Tornado</strong></span><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> The heels make their way out first, followed by Benson who wait on the ramp for RDJ before getting in the ring. RDJ makes his way out, clearly getting the biggest fan response, and Benson and RDJ storm the ring together and we break out in a brawl before the match officially is under way.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> After taking a beating for a few minutes, Vessey and Tornado both bail from the ring and regroup on the floor. The referee uses the opportunity to take control and we begin again with RDJ and Tornado starting the action off. RDJ quickly takes control of the match and brings in Benson to a good pop.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Benson keeps on Tornado until Tornado catches Benson coming off the top with a big super-kick. The countermove allows Tornado to tag in Vessey and the two heels begin cutting off the ring. RDJ keeps the fans cheering from the apron, but the heels keep the heat on. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> After Benson finally makes the hot tag to RDJ, we get to the finish. The match devolves into another 4 man brawl. RDJ clotheslines Tornado to the floor. RDJ then sets Vessey on his shoulders in an electric chair as Benson sets up on the top rope. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Before they can execute their big double-team move, Tornado cracks Benson across the back with a steel chair, sending him to the canvas in a crumpled heap. Sam Sparrow has seen enough and calls for the DQ. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Winner: Benny Benson and RDJ by DQ</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Finishing Maneuver: Tornado is disqualified when he hit Benson with a chair</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Time: 17:51</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Rating: 67</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria: </strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana">What a coward! Both Tornado and Vessey are cowards!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Rhodes:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> They live to fight another day Jason. Sometimes that’s what you have to do in this sport.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Well they won’t have many more days until Malice in Wonderland where you know RDJ and Benny Benson are looking to get payback. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Behind Bars</strong></span><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Following a commercial break, the broadcast resumes with the sounds of sirens signifying the arrival of Rick Law, TCW’s self-appointed patrol officer. The ring is setup with a table with a clipboard and papers on it. It would seem we have contract signing.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Law begins “Joey Minnesota--you are hereby charged with the following crimes!” The crowd immediately begins to boo and Law smiles. “First, being an arrogant hothead. Second, for carrying a sense of entitlement and third….third is worst of all...” Law takes a moment and scans the crowd. “..For daring to show your face again after I beat you down like a dog last month.” Law begins to laugh when he’s cut short by the sound of Minnesota’s theme music.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> As Minnesota stalks down the entrance ramp, oozing intensity, Law puts up his hand. “Stop right there punk, or our match at Malice is off.” Law signals to the contract on the table. “If you want me, you’re agreeing to these conditions.”</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Minnesota gets in ring and looks down at the clipboard. Law continues on the microphone. “We’re going to have the only kind of match that scum like you deserve. We’re going behind the cold bars of a steel cage!”</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Minnesota breaks into a giant smile. “That’s the best news I’ve heard all day.” Minnesota quickly scribbles his name on contract….</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Segment Time: 7 min</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Rating: 64</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>BRAWL!</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> ….and quickly jumps over the table tackling Law. The two roll across the mat swinging wildly. The ring is flooded with officials attempting to break them up as the broadcast goes to a commercial.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Segment Time: 4 min </strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Rating: 66</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> What a wild night this has been on Total Wrestling! </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Rhodes:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> And we still have our main event!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Azaria:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> That’s right, two more Malice in Wonderland previews here as Tommy Cornell and Wolf Hawkins take on Rocky Golden and Aaron Andrews! </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Rhodes:</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> World’s Champion, International Champion, number one contender, and Tommy Cornell...all in one match!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Rocky Golden and “Ace” Andrews vs. Wolf Hawkins and Tommy Cornell</strong></span><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Another big match feel is in the air for this one, as the match begins with the two champions, Andrews and Hawkins, getting things started. It’s a stalemate mostly, as the two go hold for hold, executing well-timed counters.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Andrews takes control when he holds Hawkins in an arm wringer and tags in Rocky Golden. The Freidman Building becomes unglued as Golden uses an array of power moves on the cocky champion. Golden takes Hawkins high up in the air with his signature stalling, vertical suplex. Has he holds him up, Cornell dives in the ring, taking Golden out at the knees, and Hawkins comes down the hard way. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> Both men are lying prone as they look to make their respective tags. Seemingly, both tags are made at the same time and Andrew carries last week’s momentum and starts on “Rough Justice” with a fiery, quick paced barrage of right hands and dropkicks. As Cornell is planted on the mat with a snap suplex, Ace scales the top rope, only to be crotched when Wolf Hawkins shakes the top rope. Cornell takes Andrews off the top with a giant superplex and the two heels take control, tagging in and out as the beat down on the International champion. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> As we build to the finish, Ace Andrews finally makes a hot tag to Rocky Golden and Golden starts cleaning house on both Cornell and Hawkins. Golden gets Hawkins across his broad shoulders for The Rack, but Hawkins’ foot catches official Sam Sparrow and he goes crashing to the mat and out of the ring. Cornell yanks Hawkins down from the hold and Andrews enters the fray. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> All four men are pounding each other as the referee is down. The action is chaotic and the faces begin a series of double-team moves to Cornell. Hawkins slides the floor and grabs his World Title Belt from the timekeeper’s table. Hawkins nails both Golden and Andrews square in the head and covers Andrews as Sparrow, still dazed, counts a groggy 3 count!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Winner: Wolf Hawkins and Tommy Cornell</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Finishing Maneuver: Hawkins pins Andrews after smashing him in the head with the World Heavyweight Championship belt</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Time: 26:11</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Rating: 84</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>The Last Laugh</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> The show closes with Cornell and Hawkins standing tall over their fallen foes. Hawkins is proudly raising the title belt. Neither Golden or Andrews have moved since the wicked shots to to head. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong>Segment time: 3 minutes</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><strong> Rating: 72</strong></span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Show Rating: 78 (up in 6 regions)</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong> TV Rating: GNN Total Sports: 6.90</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline">Show Summary:</span></strong></span></span><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"> Foxx, Tana, Mo def. Chord & The CANimals (65)</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"> Turner interviews Andrews and Golden (74)</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"> New Wave and Bach def. HellFire Club (66)</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"> Peak attacks Bach (68)</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"> Joel Bryant introduces Kirk Jameson (51)</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"> Kobra Ino def. Brent Hill (71)</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"> Benson and RDJ def. Vessey and Tornado by DQ (67)</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"> Minnesota and Law will face in a cage (64)</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"> Minnesota and Law brawl (66)</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"> Cornell and Hawkins def. Andrews and Golden (84)</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"> Hawkins and Cornell pose over Andrews and Golden (72)</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"> </span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:8px"><strong>Show Rating: 78</strong></span></span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span></p>

OOC: Thanks to those who have been following, and I didn't want you to forget about me! :) The regular post schedule has been interrupted this past week because my wife and I got a new puppy! Once the little guy settles into his routine, hopefully I'll get mine settled too. Thanks again!

ScoopSlam.com

The #1 destination for pro wrestling news anywhere!

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/TCW/ScoopSlam_zps4cf18207.jpg

SWF News:

Eisen Continuing to Empty his Pockets!

Despite last week’s enormous list of new talent, the Supreme Machine has continuted to empty it’s coffers on new (and old) talent. Here’s the updated list of talent that has most recently signed with Jerry Eisen’s “new” SWF:

Rajah

Dead Bolt

Masked Cougar

Sammy the Shark

Henry Lee

Marc Speed

Ford Gumble

Antonio Del Veccio

Honest Frank

Man Mountain Cahill

Fumihiro Ota

Jimmy Cox

Acid

Genio Verde

Teddy Powell

Matt Sparrow

Greg Black

Rick Sanders

Paul Steadyfast

Stink

Grunt

Snap Dragon

The Gilmore Front

Tom “Angry” Gilmore’s dissatisfaction with SWF management has been chronicled here in detail over the last few months. We have heard from those close to Gilmore that the “Straight Edge” grappler has kept decisions regarding his future very close to the chest, giving no indication one way or another on his future.

This past week’s Supreme TV may give some indication on the next development in this story as Gilmore dropped the North American title to Brandon James. Either this is part of large-scale SWF angle or indeed Gilmore has his sights set on “greener pastures.”

More as we learn it...

TCW News:

The Master of the Proton Lock Stepping Back in the Ring?

Backstage sources have revealed that Tommy Cornell has been very pleased with the addition of Sam Keith to company management. The general feeling is that the new TCW/NOTBPW working agreement is a brain-child of Keith’s, and has been very well-received by both companies. There’s a definite feeling backstage that Keith has a “long-term vision” for the company and talent seems to by buying in.Keith told the locker room recently that he’s joined TCW for “the long haul” and many of the boys have enjoyed his easy-manner backstage.

There’s been further speculation that we may see Sam Keith taking an on-screen role in coming weeks. Some are speculating that Keith could take part in some major angles and in-fact participate in a match at an upcoming PPV.

Keith could not be reached for comment.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center"><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><strong><span style="font-size:18px">TCW.com presents the Total Wrestling Preview!</span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"> </span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">We are a mere week away from Malice in Wonderland, the signature pro wrestling event of the winter months! The last Total Wrestling before this landmark event will feature a big time 8 man tag match as </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Rocky Golden</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">, </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>“Ace” Andrews</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">, </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Ricky Dale Johnson</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> and </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Joey Minnesota</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> team up against their Malice opponents, </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Wolf Hawkins</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">, </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Tommy Cornell</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">, </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Bryan Vessey</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">, and </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Rick Law</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">! With these wild 8 personalities clashing in the ring, all looking for pre-pay per view momentum, one has to believe this will be an unpredictable affair!</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> Also scheduled are the debut of several new talents! </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Joel Bryant</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> and his new protege, </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Kirk Jameson</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">, team up to take lucha libre newcomers </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Los Reyes Incredibles </strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">(The Incredible Kings). Not much is known about these new lucha-libre competitors, short of their names: </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Mr. Lucha III</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">, </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Extraordinario Jr</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">, and </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>El Mitico Jr</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">. Surely Jason Azaria will have all the back story on these new arrivals from south of the border!</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> Lastly we know that </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>All-Action Champion Jay Chord</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> will be on premises as he keeps an eye on former champion and Malice opponent, </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Flying Jimmy Foxx</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">! </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>The New Wave</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">, </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Joshua Taylor</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> and </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>The Machines </strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">are all scheduled for action as well! </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> All this and more only on </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>GNN Total Sports</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">!</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Full Scheduled Card:</strong><p> </p><p> The Specialists vs. Reyes Incredibles </p><p> Joshua Taylor vs. Killer Shark</p><p> Jimmy Foxx vs. El Mitico Jr.</p><p> Chance Fortune and Mighty Mo vs.The Machines </p><p> The New Wave vs. The Hellfire Club (Genghis Rahn and Eddie Peak)</p><p> 8 Man Tag Match: Ace Andrews, RDJ, Rocky Golden, Joey Minnesota vs. Wolf Hawkins, Tommy Cornell, Bryan Vessey and Rick Law</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> *card subject to change</p></div></blockquote>

<p><strong>The Specialists</strong> vs. Reyes Incredibles </p><p>

<strong> Joshua Taylor </strong>vs. Killer Shark</p><p>

<strong>Jimmy Foxx</strong> vs. El Mitico Jr.</p><p>

Chance Fortune and Mighty Mo vs.<strong>The Machines </strong></p><p>

<strong>The New Wave</strong> vs. The Hellfire Club (Genghis Rahn and Eddie Peak)</p><p>

8 Man Tag Match: Ace Andrews, RDJ, Rocky Golden, Joey Minnesota vs. <strong>Wolf Hawkins, Tommy Cornell, Bryan Vessey and Rick Law</strong></p>

Wk 4 January 2013

Tuesday Afternoon

Wisconsin Gardens

I smiled at him despite myself. “You padlocked Scout’s bag to the locker room bench?” It was the kind of thing his father would’ve done.

Jay Chord smirked. “Sam, you should’ve seen his face. He was madder than a hornet.”

I sighed. “Jay, I’m sure he was--but do you know why? Because that’s not the kind of locker room that we have here. This isn’t MAW where you’re training with a bunch of guys your age. We’re professionals here, and I need you to keep that in mind. Scout can teach you so much out there, but he’ll embarrass you if you keep pissing him off. Give him the key and make things right with him.”

The youngster nodded. “I hear ya Sam...I’m on it.” He said as he headed out of the room.

I felt my phone vibrate and discovered a text from Robert Oxford: “She’s here.”

Total Wrestling

Tuesday Wk 4 Jan 2013

Wisconsin Gardens (Great Lakes)

10,000 Fans

Announce Team: Azaria and Rhodes

Dark:

The CANimals def. The American Cobras (56)

Live:

The show opens with the usual pyrotechnic theatrics as the camera scans the arena showing the excited fans before finally coming to rest on long time announcers, Jason Azaria and Kyle Rhodes.

Azaria: Ladies and Gentlemen, we are live from the Wisconsin Gardens, one week away from the biggest event of the winter, Malice in Wonderland!

Rhodes: That’s right Jason! It’s a stacked main event this evening as well, with a giant 8-man tag match-up!

Azaria: Sure is! Tonight, Rocky Golden, “Ace” Andrews, RDJ, and Joey Minnesota take on Wolf Hawkins, Tommy Cornell, Bryan Vessey and Rick Law!

Rhodes: Major players in that match! Everyone in that ring has something to prove!

Azaria: But first, to open tonight’s show, 2 teams making their debut in TCW. Joel Bryant and new protege Kirk Jameson go head-to-head with lucha libre newcomers Mr. Lucha III and Extraordinario Jr. who are accompanied by the third in their trio, El Mitico Jr.

Rhodes: We will see El Mitico Jr. later on in singles action.

Azaria: And here’s another little fact you might not know, the new lucha group is call Los Reyes Increibles, which is Spanish for the Incredible Kings!

The Specialists (Bryant, Jameson) vs. Los Reyes Increibles (Mr. Lucha III & Extraordinario Jr.)

This is a quick moving, back and forth affair with both teams working for the advantage. Reyes Increibles worked as heels, overreacting to every noise the crowd made. In particular, Extraordinario showcased a fantastic aerial display when he hit a springboard plancha onto to both Jameson and Bryant.

Ultimately The Specialists took control with a solid, fundamental, technical approach and Jameson picked up a decisive win with a move not seen in TCW before, The Bullseye (a Codebreaker) on Extraordinario Jr.

Winners: The Specialists

Finishing Maneuver: Jameson pins Extraordinario Jr. after The Bullseye (Codebreaker)

Time: 9:51

Rating: 60

Azaria: Impressive showing for both teams here, but you can see the potential that Bryant identified in young Kirk Jameson! With a mentor like Joel, you have to believe this is going to be a high-functioning tandem in the tag team ranks!

Rhodes: Yes sir, but I know I’m intrigued by this new lucha trio as well!

Familiar Face in the Crowd

The commentary team transitions to a spot for a sponsor, the camera sets still on the crowd for a moment, just long enough to catch this women:

The crowd erupts and we go to a commercial break.

Segment time: 38 seconds

Rating: 67

Azaria: Wrestling fans, friends and followers of TCW on social media have blown up over the last few minutes here. We indeed saw what you saw, and are currently working to see if the identity of the individual we saw is indeed the woman you all think.

Rhodes: Sideline reporter Ernie Turner is for a workout tonight! You’ve got to love live TV Jason!

Azaria: Well, I hesitate to say more until TCW officials can confirm what we thought we saw--so let’s turn our attention to our next matchup- rookie powerhouse, Killer Shark, takes on veteran Joshua Taylor!

Joshua Taylor vs. Killer Shark

Shark starts the match on the offensive, showing an array of powermoves. However Taylor takes control after Shark misses a big splash in the corner. Taylor, a sound technician and “thinking man’s wrestler” dismantles the big man legs, neutralizing the power advantage.

Eventually Taylor puts a big exclamation on his victory by getting the big man up in the his signature Butterfly Backbreaker (Colt Cabana’s Colt 45) for the pinfall.

Winner: Joshua Taylor

Finishing Maneuver: Butterfly Backbreaker (Colt Cabana’s Colt 45)

Time: 11:02

Rating: 59

Azaria: Great showing from the veteran Taylor here!

Rhodes: I have to agree Jason, he’s great technician with unappreciated strength!

Azaria: Yes sir. Now, we’re going to toss it backstage with interviewer Ernie Turner standing by with All-Action Champion, Jay Chord!

Nothing to Prove

We cut to the backstage interview area where Ernie Turner greets the fans. “Fans, I’m standing by with All-Action Champion, Jay Chord. Jay, after winning the All-Action title on Total Wrestling 3 weeks ago, you proclaimed that this was the Jay Chord Era. The following week you were promptly pinned by your Malice in Wonderland opponent and former champion, “Flying” Jimmy Foxx. Are you still feeling confident following the loss last week?”

Chord takes a moment to simply give Turner a dirty look before taking the microphone out of his hands. “Am I still feeling confident? What kind of stupid question is that? I mean--I’m JAY CHORD. I have nothing to prove to anyone. This championship title validates the inauguration of “the Jay Chord Era” and I’ll drop that clown Jimmy Foxx on his head Sunday night.”

Segment Time: 4 min

Rating: 49

Rhodes: I love a confident champion Jason!

Azaria: Confident is one word for it….But let’s see how his opponent does in his pre-title match tune-up! Foxx vs. the new-comer El Mitico Jr. is next!

“Flying” Jimmy Foxx vs. El Mitico Jr (with Mr. Lucha and El Extraordinario, his partners in Los Reyes Increibles)

This bout is a fairly open, fast-paced affair. Mitico goes for early heat by cheap-shotting Foxx as he removes his trademark sunglasses before the bell. It doesn’t take Foxx long to battle back however, and after a high-flying exchange defeats the lucha newcomer with a Flying Foxx for a decisive pin.

Winner: Jimmy Foxx

Finishing Maneuver: Flying Fox (Shooting Star Press)

Time: 8:16

Rating: 45

Azaria: Bad first night on the job for the Incredible Kings as they go 0-2 on their debut on Total Wrestling.

Rhodes: Rookie mistakes cost them tonight Jason. I still think these guys will go far once they figure out the lay of the land.

Azaria: Now fans, we understand that our production team has spoken to the woman who are cameras picked up earlier in the audience and we can confirm that Jessica Gilmore is in attendance tonight. She has graciously agreed to give Ernie Turner a few moments for an interview later on in the broadcast.

Rhodes: If Jessie Gilmore is in a TCW arena, does that mean what I think it means?

Azaria: Just like everyone sitting at home Kyle, we’ll have to wait until later in the show. Up next we will hear from one of the participants in tonight’s 8 man Main Event: Aaron Andrews. Andrews is facing the big singles match of his career in just 5 days as he faces Tommy Cornell!

Breakout or Die Trying

The signature music of the International Champion, “Ace” Andrews breaks out over the arena as the young, exciting fan favorite comes to the ring. He has a serious look on his face has he grabs a microphone. “In 5 days I face Tommy Cornell at Malice in Wonderland. In 5 days I have to prove that pinning his shoulders to mat was not a fluke and that I’m for real--”

Andrews is cut off mid-sentence as “Goldfinger,” the Bond villain theme music, blares over the arena speakers signifying the arrival of Tommy Cornell. Cornell is wearing his wrestling attire and a throwback Syndicate t-shirt. His face is smirking as he leisurely makes his way down to ring, pausing every so often to scan the crowd, enticing them.

Before Cornell speaks, the fans begin to rain down the “Red-Coat” chants that have long come his way, poking fun at his English background. He soaks them in for a moment before cutting them off. “Quite frankly, I don’t have lot of time to waste playing games tonight--so I’ll make this brief Aaron.”

Andrews does not show any sign that he is intimidated by the man who many consider the greatest wrestler on the planet today.

“You’ve been living a lovely dream, mate. Pinning Tommy Cornell in a tag-team contest has brought you more accolades than you probably deserve.” Andrews is shaking his head that it’s not the case. “But on Sunday mate, I turn your cute little dream into a nightmare.”

Segment time: 8 min

Rating: 76

Azaria: Both men are ready for Sunday, no doubt about it.

Rhodes: Absolutely Jason. I was worried that Cornell wasn’t taking the kid seriously, but obviously he’s looking to redeem the loss.

Azaria: We will get a taste of Sunday night a little later on in tonight’s program with that big 8-Man Tag main event, but next we will turn our attention to unlikely duo Chance Fortune and Mighty Mo against one of the premiere tag teams in all of wrestling: The Machines!

Chance Fortune and Mighty Mo vs. The Machines

Azaria is quick to point out (in a little fact we might not know) that Fortune and Mo aren’t usually tag partners--and The Machines have much more experience and chemistry. Short of a few power spots for Mo and a few aerial spots for Fortune, this match is academic Machines. The two heels work a technically-sound, quick paced match with Anderson scoring the pinfall on Mo after a giant Ammo Dump (exploder suplex).

Winners: The Machines

Finishing Maneuver: John Anderson pins Mighty Mo after an Ammo Dump (exploder suplex)

Time: 12:19

Rating: 71

Azaria: Solid win for the Hill and Anderson!

Rhodes: They won’t stay out of the tag title picture for long Jason--

Tradition and Values

The commentary team is interrupted by a new theme music not previously heard on Total Wrestling. The lights in the arena go dark with the exception of single spotlight on the entrance ramp unveiling two men.

The first is a middle-aged bald man is wearing a clean, white suit. Many longtime wrestling fans recognize Eric Tyler from hugely successful runs in both DAVE and CGC. A former world champion in both companies, many respect his great body of technical wrestling genius.

Behind him is a lesser known man, wearing a black silk robe like a boxer. Appearing to be about 40, he’s in impeccable shape and personifies toughness.

The two make their way down to the ring with poise and purpose.

Tyler grabs a microphone and waits for the fans to stop buzzing before speaking. “Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Eric Tyler.” More fans are recognizing the name and the crowd begins to buzz a bit more. The man in the robe shows no sign of emotion--looking straight ahead, giving off an icy stare.

“For 15 years I plied my trade in rings like this. For 15 years I gave my blood and sweat to this sport. For 15 years I stood for Tradition and Values. I prided myself on being the best and outworking and out-thinking my opponent every night I laced a pair of boots.

“Now, do you know why I retired? Because every locker room I went in, every arena I visited--I saw the same thing--lazy people, lazy competitors, and a lack of Traditional Values.

“I would lie awake many a night wondering where is this sport going? Hell, where is the world going?!”

The crowd starts to boo as Tyler gives a second to let the heat build. “It all changed when I met this man! Let me introduce TCW to Buddy Garner! A man who is not only brutal in the ring, but is sincere in his passion for Traditional Values!

“Buddy Garner rocked the MMA world for 7 years being the greatest artist of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu who ever walked the planet. Not being satisfied with conquering just one athletic endeavor, this warrior went to Japan--a place that values Tradition!--and conquered the pro-wrestling landscape for nearly 10 years!

“Now let me tell you why he left Japan. After climbing every mountain, including capturing the prestigious Glory Crown, this man came home to raise his children! Traditional Values at the very core of his being!

“Bottomline, this is a message for the entire TCW locker room: under my tutelage and armed with an unparallelled work ethic and righteousness, Buddy Garner is going to conquer every man who steps in the ring with him and it begins at Malice in Wonderland.”

Segment time: 10 minutes

Rating: 56

Rhodes: Eric Tyler is in TCW and boy oh boy did he fire a shot!

Azaria: Absolutely Kyle! Buddy Garner to make his in-ring debut Sunday night!

Rhodes: What a night tonight! What a night Sunday will be!

The Old Lion Backs the Blue Chipper

Before we hit a commercial break, we cut to the locker room. TCW’s grizzled, respected veteran, RDJ, is standing alone with Aaron Andrews.

“Hey kid, I just wanted to tell you that I respect what you’re doing. Standing up to Cornell is no small thing. Tonight, and Sunday night, you wrestle your game--don’t fall into any of his games. He’s going to try and psych you out--you just focus on what you do best and the rest will come.”

Andrews nods his head to the encouragement. RDJ continues, “Quite honestly kid, I think he’s afraid of you. Give him a reason to be.” Andrews looks determined and nods his understanding.

Segment time: 4 min

Rating 76

Azaria: Folks, we’ve telling you about our big Malice in Wonderland event all evening long. If you don’t have enough incentive to order the event yet, we’ll remind you about the big Tag Team title match: The New Wave take on Texas Buffalo of the Hellfire Club.

Rhodes: We may get a small preview of that match next because The New Wave take on Genghis Rahn and Eddie Peak, Floyd Goldworthy’s other Hellfire beasts!

The New Wave vs. Genghis Rahn and Eddie Peak (w. Floyd Goldworthy)

The heels start on the early advantage, cutting Scout off and and making frequent tags. Everytime Scout starts to build momentum, Goldworthy draws the referee and the heels keep the heat.

Eventually after Scout reverses a powerdriver from Peak by, body dropping him to the floor, Guide receives the hot tag. The match turns into an all out brawl on the floor.

As the referee tries to gain control, Sammy Bach jumps the crowd barrier, and begins brawling with Eddie Peak as a return for last week’s vicious assault.

The New Wave seize the opportunity and take Rahn back to the ring, where they hit the Wave of Mutilation for the pinfall.

Winners: The New Wave

Finishing Maneuver: Wave of Mutilation to Rahn, while Sammy Bach attacks Eddie Peak; Guide pins Rahn

Time: 16:41

Rating: 76

Azaria: The New Wave are on a hot streak just days away from the big tag title match at Malice in Wonderland!

Rhodes: Jason, I know you’re doing your job, but we need to cut to the next segment.

Azaria: Yes! Jessica Gilmore is standing by with Ernie Turner! Will Tom Gilmore be debuting in TCW? We may find out next!

Is HE Coming…?

We cut to the backstage area where a grinning Ernie Turner is standing by with the beautiful Jessica Gilmore. “Fans, I’m standing by with the lovely Jessica Gilmore. We are very happy to have you here this evening. Can we take your being here tonight as any indication of your husband’s future?”

Gilmore smiles politely and Turner and the camera. “Please, call me Jessie. I am not in the arena here tonight in any official capacity--simply as a fan.” “I can’t speak about my husband in any capacity--only he mentioned on something about special plans on Sunday night.” She smiles knowingly at the camera and winks.

Turner’s draw drops. “Are you saying your husband will be in attendance at the Nevada State Armoury on Sunday Night for Malice in Wonderland Sunday night?”

Jessie Gilmore begins shaking her head. “No, I did not say that Ernie. My husband has legal obligations for a previous employer. Thank you for the lovely tour of your backstage area, but I’m excited to watch your big main event this evening.” Gilmore smiles brightly after expertly bringing the unusual segment to an end.

Segment Time: 4 min

Rating: 62

Azaria: Kyle, was she suggesting what I think she was suggesting?

Rhodes: Jason, I have no idea. I have no idea why she’s here tonight or what the future holds.

Azaria: Just another reason to tune in to Malice in Wonderland this Sunday night!

Rhodes: And as if there wasn’t already enough already, our main event previews a lot of big ones!

Azaria: Golden, Andrews, Johnson and Minnesota take on Vessey, Law Cornell and Hawkins! It’s next!

Rocky Golden, “Ace” Andrews, RDJ, and Joey Minnesota vs. Rick Law, Bryan Vessey, Tommy Cornell, Wolf Hawkins

There’s an electric feeling in the arena for the big main event. The star power and impending culmination of so much tension between all eight has created a palpable tension in the air. The first few minutes sets the tone as veteran referee Sam Sparrow struggles to start the match. All 8 men take turns coming into the middle of the ring to jawjack their Malice opponent and no one can settle who the starting men will be.

Before the bell even rings, the match descends into chaos as all 8 spontaneously brawl all over the ringside area. The wild donnybrook leads Minnesota and Vessey into the ring alone, which is enough for Sparrow to ring the bell and “officially” begin the bout. As the teams start to settle in on the apron and the match progresses, neither team comes into a clear advantage, with both tagging in and out, briefly teasing the 4 Malice matchups.

Eventually the match breaks down again, with both the referee and the announce team losing track of the legal men. We go through a series finishing moves exchanged between both teams, leaving Aaron Andrews on the mat and Wolf Hawkins climbing to the top to deliver the Full Moon Rising (Harlem Hangover). Seemingly from out of nowhere, Golden climbs from the floor to the apron and crotches Hawkins on the turnbuckle. The big powerhouse with the million dollar look takes Hawkins on his shoulders from the turnbuckle and delivers a Rocky Road (Muscle Buster) square in the center of the ring for a decisive pinfall!

We close the show with Golden having his hand raised over the fallen World’s Champion and Azaria and Rhodes wondering if this is a sign of what’s to come at Malice in Wonderland!

Winners: Golden, Andrews ,RDJ, and Minnesota

Finishing Maneuver: Golden pins Hawkins after a Rocky Road (Muscle Buster)

Time: 27:31

Rating: 84

Show Rating: 78 (up in 6 regions)

TV Rating: GNN Total Sports: 6.99

Show Summary:

The Specialists def. Lucha/Extraordinario (60)

Jessie Gilmore spotted in crowd (67)

Taylor def. Killer Shark (59)

Turner interviews Chord (49)

Foxx def. Mitico (45)

Andrews/Cornell exchange (76)

Machines def. Fortune/Mo (71)

Tyler introduces Garner (56)

RDJ gives Andrews a pep talk (76)

The New Wave def. Rahn and Peak (76)

Ernie Turner interviews Jessie Gilmore (62)

Golden, Andrews, Minnesota, RDJ def. Vessey, Law, Cornell, Hawkins (84)

Show Rating: 78

Just a few OOC notes that I wanted to share:

I'm focused on making more of an attempt to include some pictures to break up the text. I ran 2 major angles on this past episode of Total Wrestling and incorporated the pictures to help them stand out...but I still feel I haven't done enough cosmetically speaking to break up the large sections of text (I'd love input from the masses!).

I gave a giant overhaul to the first post with the Roll Call and Show Index. At the moment the Sam Keith diary stuff and ScoopSlams reports are not listed on that page. Is this something that folks would like to see for easy reference? Sometimes I wonder if the backstage Keith stuff is intriguing to anyone but me...

Hopefully I'll have a Malice preview up soon. I plan on posting the PPV in multiple section (as so many others have done). You can expect a lot more pictures to try and make it stand out.

Lastly, I've been thinking hard about ways to incorporate my readers more, but I've never been a huge prediction contest guy. If anyone out there has some thoughts on other creative ways to get you guys involved, I'd love to hear it.

As always, feedback in encouraged and thanks for checking me out.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center"><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><strong><span style="font-size:18px">TCW.Com Presents The Malice in Wonderland Preview</span></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"> </span><a href="http://s864.photobucket.com/user/ringrider/media/TCW/MaliceinWonderland2013_zps8927721b.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/TCW/MaliceinWonderland2013_zps8927721b.jpg</span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"> </span><a href="http://s864.photobucket.com/user/ringrider/media/TCW/JasonAzaria_zps66b532fa.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/TCW/JasonAzaria_zps66b532fa.jpg</span></a></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"> </span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>A special look at monthly events by “The Man of a 1,000 Facts” Jason Azaria </strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> Here’s a little fact you might now know, along with Total Mayhem and Summer Showdown, Malice in Wonderland is one the only holdover events from our company’s Hollyweird days. While a Total Wrestling broadcast almost bears no resemblance to an HGC broadcast, these three events are a lifelink to a different era, a lifelink to our history. </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> Given Malice in Wonderland’s special place in the pantheon of TCW events, this year’s card can stack up up against any previous, headlined by a powerful main event.</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Main Event Thoughts:</strong></span></span><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><div style="text-align:center"><a href="http://s864.photobucket.com/user/ringrider/media/TCW/RockyGolden_alt1_zps1040984c.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/TCW/RockyGolden_alt1_zps1040984c.jpg</span></a><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><span style="font-size:24px"><strong> vs.</strong></span></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span><a href="http://s864.photobucket.com/user/ringrider/media/TCW/WolfHawkins_alt5_zps713a894c.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/TCW/WolfHawkins_alt5_zps713a894c.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> Rocky Golden challenges Wolf Hawkins for the the World Championship. This is a rematch that Golden has fought for since September of last year when Hawkins won the championship following interference from Tommy Cornell. Golden fought valiantly against the oft-allied Hawkins and Cornell duo over the last several months, securing his number one contendership at Psycho Circus last month. </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> Since Psycho Circus, Hawkins and Golden have traded minor victories on Total Wrestling until last week, when Rocky Golden pinned the champion clean in a big 8 man tag main event. It remains to be seen how the cocky champion will respond to the challenger’s forward momentum. </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>My Prediction:</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> Wolf Hawkins. Given the precedents set in his previous title defenses, Hawkins has used every play in his playbook (some legal, some not so much) to keep his title. While Golden commands a significant power advantage, I say Hawkins finds some slippery way to retain the title.</span></span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> Beyond the main event, an event of such a historical nature will surely shock and surprise TCW fans heading into the new year. Below is my prediction for the most interesting moment to keep an eye on.</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>This Should be Interesting…</strong></span></span><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> While the obvious choice for the “This Should be Interesting” segment would be the potential arrival of Tom Gilmore to TCW--I’d prefer to deal with guaranteed appearances. One appearance that was guaranteed is Eric Tyler and his client Buddy Garner. </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><div style="text-align:center"><a href="http://s864.photobucket.com/user/ringrider/media/TCW/BuddyGarner_zpse181b60c.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/TCW/BuddyGarner_zpse181b60c.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s864.photobucket.com/user/ringrider/media/TCW/EricTyler_zps2ebc8e4a.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/TCW/EricTyler_zps2ebc8e4a.jpg</span></a></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> Make no mistake folks, Garner’s arrival was a shot across the bow of the entire TCW locker room. Here are some facts that I can assure you the entire TCW rosters knows: </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><ul><li><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Garner is a 1X Heavyweight Champion and 2X Middleweight Champion in the Global Fight MMA promotion</strong></span></span><br></li><li><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Garner has multiple black belts, and is universally recognized as the best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu master in the world</strong></span></span><br></li><li><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Garner wrestled for nearly a decade in Japan, winning some of the most prestigious titles (including the Glory Crown) in that country’s rich history.</strong></span></span><br></li></ul><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> No doubt that Eric Tyler, a brilliant strategist in his own right, has orchestrated a powerful debut for his client. What could these machinations involve? Who could be their first target? </span></span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> As with every event preview, here’s my pick for this event’s hidden gem! This match is the one that’s flying under the radar, but could produce a stellar bout or make some significant noise in TCW going forward.</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Hidden Gem:</strong></span></span><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><div style="text-align:center"><a href="http://s864.photobucket.com/user/ringrider/media/TCW/Guide_alt22_zps5727d57d.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/TCW/Guide_alt22_zps5727d57d.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s864.photobucket.com/user/ringrider/media/TCW/Scout_zps7baa0b7b.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/TCW/Scout_zps7baa0b7b.jpg</span></a><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><span style="font-size:24px"><strong> vs.</strong></span></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span><a href="http://s864.photobucket.com/user/ringrider/media/TCW/TexasPete-1_zpsf844ccd7.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/TCW/TexasPete-1_zpsf844ccd7.jpg</span></a><a href="http://s864.photobucket.com/user/ringrider/media/TCW/AmericanBuffalo_alt1_zpsfecfff23.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/TCW/AmericanBuffalo_alt1_zpsfecfff23.jpg</span></a><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> This month’s hidden gem is World Tag Team matchup. The New Wave are widely considered the premiere tag team in the country, if not the world. One of the reasons why is their ability to step up their game for a big title match. </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> The champions are no chumps either. Texas Buffalo are two time champions for a reason, they’re double tough and not afraid of physicality. Their association with Goldworthy and Peak in the Hellfire Club has brought up their game even further.</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>My Pick:</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> Tough call here but I’m thinking this one ends in a no contest. The two teams are both at the top of their game and are too physical to bring this to a finish in one title match. </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Honorable Mentions:</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> Benny Benson and Troy Tornado. Both smart, athletic wrestlers with something to prove. </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>My Pick: </strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px">Tornado.</span></span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> Fans, there are definitely other fantastic bouts on this card. We here at TCW would love to hear your comments and predictions! Feel free to share your comments and predictions below.</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS"><span style="font-size:12px"> </span></span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong> Full Scheduled Card </strong><p> Pre Show: 15 Man Battle Royal</p><p> Benny Benson vs. Troy Tornado</p><p> Sammy Bach vs. Genghis Rahn</p><p> All Action: “Flying” Jimmy Foxx vs. Jay Chord ©</p><p> World Tag Team: The New Wave vs. Texas Buffalo ©</p><p> Non-Title: “International Champion" Aaron Andrews vs. “Rough Justice” Tommy Cornell</p><p> Steel Cage Match: Joey Minnesota vs. Rick Law</p><p> # 1 Contendership: Ricky Dale Johnson vs. Bryan Vessey</p><p> World Title: Rocky Golden vs. Wolf Hawkins ©</p><p> </p><p> After his wife’s appearance on Total Wrestling, will Tom Gilmore be in attendance? What could he have to say?</p><p> </p><p> “The Traditionalist” Eric Tyler promised his client, MMA star Buddy Garner, will make an enormous impact starting at Malice in Wonderland. How will this impact be felt? </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Your Comments:</strong></p><p> </p><p> *card subject to change</p></div></blockquote>

<p>Benny Benson vs. <strong>Troy Tornado</strong></p><p><strong>

Sammy Bach</strong> vs. Genghis Rahn</p><p>

All Action: “Flying” Jimmy Foxx vs. <strong>Jay Chord ©</strong></p><p><strong>

World Tag Team: The New Wave</strong> vs. Texas Buffalo ©</p><p>

Non-Title: “International” Champion Aaron Andrews vs. “<strong>Rough Justice” Tommy Cornell</strong></p><p>

Steel Cage Match:<strong> Joey Minnesota</strong> vs. Rick Law</p><p>

# 1 Contendership: <strong>Ricky Dale Johnson</strong> vs. Bryan Vessey</p><p>

World Title: Rocky Golden vs. <strong>World Champion Wolf Hawkins ©</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

Benny Benson vs. Troy Tornado

Sammy Bach vs. Genghis Rahn

All Action: “Flying” Jimmy Foxx vs. Jay Chord ©

World Tag Team: The New Wave vs. Texas Buffalo ©

Non-Title: “International” Champion Aaron Andrews vs. “Rough Justice” Tommy Cornell

Steel Cage Match: Joey Minnesota vs. Rick Law

# 1 Contendership: Ricky Dale Johnson vs. Bryan Vessey

World Title: Rocky Golden vs. World Champion Wolf Hawkins ©

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just a few OOC notes that I wanted to share:<p> </p><p> I'm focused on making more of an attempt to include some pictures to break up the text. I ran 2 major angles on this past episode of Total Wrestling and incorporated the pictures to help them stand out...but I still feel I haven't done enough cosmetically speaking to break up the large sections of text (I'd love input from the masses!). </p><p> </p><p> I gave a giant overhaul to the first post with the Roll Call and Show Index. At the moment the Sam Keith diary stuff and ScoopSlams reports are not listed on that page. Is this something that folks would like to see for easy reference? Sometimes I wonder if the backstage Keith stuff is intriguing to anyone but me...</p><p> </p><p> Hopefully I'll have a Malice preview up soon. I plan on posting the PPV in multiple section (as so many others have done). You can expect a lot more pictures to try and make it stand out.</p><p> </p><p> Lastly, I've been thinking hard about ways to incorporate my readers more, but I've never been a huge prediction contest guy. If anyone out there has some thoughts on other creative ways to get you guys involved, I'd love to hear it.</p><p> </p><p> As always, feedback in encouraged and thanks for checking me out.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As someone who usually prefers pictures in diaries, I actually liked the way you presented your last show. I did not feel as if there was a huge wall of text because you broke it up by putting in commentary and by putting your matches in the quote boxes. With all that being said I would not complain if you incorporated more pictures into your diary but I do think it is fine the way it is now.</p><p> </p><p> Backstage stuff is iffy, I will be honest with you I tend not to read any backstage stuff in any diaries but I know others on here love it. If it is something you like to do and you feel it enhances your diary I would say keep it up. </p><p> </p><p> You could always add polls or something like that. Maybe who gets a shot at the title at the next PPV or should a match be a Fatal Four-Way or in a steel cage. Yes it would mean that you as a writer will have to wait for the outcome and if you are the type of writer who plans stuff out in advance that may not work for you.</p><p> </p><p> Benny Benson vs. <strong>Troy Tornado</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Sammy Bach</strong> vs. Genghis Rahn</p><p> </p><p> All Action: “Flying” Jimmy Foxx vs. <strong>Jay Chord ©</strong></p><p> </p><p> World Tag Team: <strong>The New Wave</strong> vs. Texas Buffalo ©</p><p> </p><p> Non-Title: “International Champion" Aaron Andrews vs. <strong>“Rough Justice” Tommy Cornell</strong></p><p> </p><p> Steel Cage Match: <strong>Joey Minnesota</strong> vs. Rick Law</p><p> </p><p> # 1 Contendership: <strong>Ricky Dale Johnson </strong>vs. Bryan Vessey</p><p> </p><p> World Title: Rocky Golden vs. <strong>Wolf Hawkins ©</strong></p><p> </p><p> Rocky Golden always seems to suck when he is champion for me in TCW.</p>

Archived