Ring of Honor 2014- This is Wrestling

Background

After failing at every dynasty I have tried so far (with the exception of maybe 2006) I though maybe a smaller company would make it easier. So why not ROH? I started watching it a year ago, and I hardly ever see a match that I don't enjoy. So, either I will take down WWE, or fall down to the ashes!

<p>Preview for Ring of Honor Wrestling:</p><p> </p><p>

Nigel McGuinness has announced that the number 1 contender for Adam Cole's World Championship will be named this Saturday on Ring on Honor Wrestling as Kevin Steen and Roderick Strong go head to head for that spot!</p><p>

</p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Official Confirmed Card:</strong> (Prediction League winner will earn a prize at the end of every 3 months)</p><p> </p><p>

Bad Influence vs TaDarius Thomas and Cedric Alexander</p><p> </p><p>

Television Title Match:</p><p>

Jay Lethal vs Caprice Coleman</p><p> </p><p>

AJ Styles vs Chris Hero</p><p> </p><p>

#1 Contender's Match for the Ring of Honor world Championship:</p><p>

Kevin Steen vs Roderick Strong</p>

<p><strong>Bad Influence</strong> vs TaDarius Thomas and Cedric Alexander</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jay Lethal </strong>vs Caprice Coleman</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>AJ Styles </strong>vs Chris Hero</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Kevin Steen</strong> vs Roderick Strong</p>

<p>Official Confirmed Card: (Prediction League winner will earn a prize at the end of every 3 months)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bad Influence</strong> vs TaDarius Thomas and Cedric Alexander</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jay Letha</strong>l vs Caprice Coleman</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>AJ Styles</strong> vs Chris Hero</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Kevin Steen</strong> vs Roderick Strong</p>

<p>Official Confirmed Card: (Prediction League winner will earn a prize at the end of every 3 months)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bad Influence</strong> vs TaDarius Thomas and Cedric Alexander</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jay Lethal </strong>vs Caprice Coleman</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>AJ Styles</strong> vs Chris Hero</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Kevin Steen </strong>vs Roderick Strong</p>

<p><strong></strong></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>

Ring of Honor Wrestling</strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong><p><strong></strong></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>

Week 1</strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong><p><strong></strong></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>

June 2014</strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong><p><strong></strong></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong></strong><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>

</strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong></div><strong></strong><p>

<em>(The Show starts with all the fans rapidly chanting "ROH" until Nigel McGuinness's music hits, causing a big pop from the Ring of Honor faithful. Earlier today, it was announced that he would name the #1 contender for the Ring of Honor world championship.)</em></p><p><em>

</em></p><p>

"September 2013, Adam Cole, you somehow weasled yourself into getting yourself that championship, and you haven't been the same since. You had the respect of everyone in the ROH lockeroom, everyone out here, and the respect of the industry, but then you spat in the face of all of us when you superkicked Jay Briscoe in the back of the head. Well, tonight you will learn your challenger at Best in the World when Kevin Steen and Roderick Strong go head to head for that spot. Now, if you try anything funny in that match, let's just say... I've got a surprise for you if you do.."</p><p> </p><p>

(Buzzing from that announcement, the crowd gets even hotter as "The Pheonomenal" AJ Style's music hits, and he walks out with a microphone looking ready for a match)</p><p>

</p><p><em>

"Unlike Adam Cole, I have always fought for all you. Through good times and bad, you have always been on my side, even when I left you all. And I thank you all for that! Now, my road to the top starts tonight when I face "the Knockout Kid" Chris Hero!"</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Chris Hero vs AJ Styles</strong></p><p>

The match started off very even, with both men exchanging strikes and submissions, before Hero hit a spinning elbow, knocking Styles to the outside. Taking the advantage, Hero attempted to go for a suicide dive, but Styles countered with an elbow of his own! With 3 suplexes, Styles managed to get a two count on Hero. After the kickout, Styles began a vicious attack on Chris's leg, setting up for the calf killer. With AJ going for a dragon screw, Hero managed to reverse with an enziguri in desperation.</p><p>

<strong> 1....</strong></p><p><strong>

2....</strong></p><p><strong>

NO! Kickout!</strong></p><p>

With Styles still on the ground, Hero went to the top rope. Wait! Out of nowhere, Styles dropkicked Hero, but Hero was still on the top rope! AJ was climbing to ropes... He can't be doing this... AJ Styles is going for a Styles Clash from the top rope! He hits it!</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>1................</strong></p><p><strong>

2.................</strong></p><p><strong>

3............................!</strong></p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Winner: AJ Styles</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>After the match with Hero looking unconscious on the apron, Christopher Daniels and Jay Lethal run down to the ring and attack both AJ and Hero, possibly setting up a match at a later time. Kicking Chris out of the ring, Lethal paces the ring for his challenger: Caprice Coleman.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ring of Honor Television Championship Match </strong></p><p><strong>

Caprice Coleman vs Jay Lethal</strong></p><p>

In a fast paced match that featured suicide dives and many high flying attacks from both men, Jay Lethal defeated Caprice Coleman in 8:19 following a Lethal Injection to retain the ROH Television Title.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bad Influence vs Cedrick Alexander and TaDarius Thomas</strong></p><p>

In a dominating match, Bad Influence quickly defeated Cedrick and TaDarius after Daniels hit Angel's Wings on Cedrick Alexander for the 3 count.</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Main Event</strong></p><p><strong>

#1 Contender's Match for the Ring of Honor World Championship</strong></p><p>

<strong>Kevin Steen vs Roderick Strong</strong></p><p>

At the very start of the match, Strong tried to hit a cheapshot, but was caught into a ring shaking belly to belly by Steen, which was followed by a running senton. Rolling out of the ring, Strong attempted to get a breather from the beating he had already received 20 seconds into the match. Attempting to get back in the ring, Roddy hit a springboard dropkick, knocking down the big Kevin Steen. Now Roderick Strong trying to exchange strikes with Kevin Steen, he was knocked down after a huge strike by Steen. Irish whipping Strong to the corner, Kevin lifted him up going for a superplex! He hit it, leaving both men lying on the canvis! With both men lying there, Adam Cole suddenly came running down the aisle with a chair. Motioning for Steen to get up, he knocked him out with a wild chair shot to the head! Telling Strong to take the pin, Adam suddenly superkicked Roderick in the back of the head, just like he did with Jay Briscoe all those months ago! Looking pleased with himself, he looked towards the announcer's table at Nigel McGuinness and raised the ROH Title above his head. As he was doing this, this music started playing:

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="150" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/zVUg3Fd-inM?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Samoa Joe ROH theme"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

With a look like he just saw a ghost, Cole looked back at the entranceway. WIth the crowd on it's feet, Samoa Joe came out of the crowd and entered the ring behind Cole! Entering the ring, Cole didn't know that Joe was standing right behind him! Turning around, Adam tried to hit a clothesline, but it was ducked right into a Coquina Clutch by Samoa Joe! Choking him out to the point where he was knocked out, Joe finally released the hold and held up the Ring of Honor world championship as we close the show.</p>

Archived