WWF: The Rise of The Empire

WWF Championship Wrestling

March Week 3, 1983

Gorilla Monsoon: Fans welcome to WWF Championship tonight we have another great show. Including a huge main event tonight.

WWF Television Title Match:

Curt Hennig © vs Buzz Tyler

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Curt Hennig defeated Buzz Tyler in 7:35 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. Curt Hennig makes defence number 6 of his WWF Television title. D+

Bobby Heenan Promo:

Bobby Heenan: This man right here (Mr.Wonderful is posing to the camera.)

Tonight will be facing you Martel in 8 man tag match with the likes of Bruiser Brody, The Playboy Buddy Rose, and The Magnificent Muraco you and your partners don't stand a chance. C

The Fantastics vs Iron Mike Sharpe & Ed Wiskowski

In an extremely poor match, The Fantastics defeated Ed Wiskowski and Iron Mike Sharpe in 8:10 when Bobby Fulton defeated Iron Mike Sharpe by pinfall with a Flying Body Press. D-

Don Muraco Promo:

Don Muraco: Tonight in Eight man tag match I get my hands on you Opie. You think that french sissy, the Superfly a man who has a great body, but has the intelligence of a small new born puppy, and Chico the bean eater Santana can beat myself, Mr.Wonderful Paul Orndorff, Bruiser Brody, and The Playboy Buddy Rose. Your team lost already when the match was made. A

Gorilla Monsoon: Fans we apologize for the comments made by Don Muraco. Let's get to our next match.

Chris Adams vs George "The Animal" Steele w/ Mr. Fuji

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Chris Adams defeated George Steele in 8:24 by submission. D+

British Bulldogs vs Tommy Lane & Mike Davis

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, British Bulldogs defeated Mike Davis and Tim Flowers in 7:45 when Davey Boy Smith defeated Tim Flowers by pinfall with a Powerclean Lift and Diving Headbutt. D-

Bruiser Brody Promo:

Bruiser Brody: Tick tock, tick tock, the end is coming the Eighth Wonder of The World shall fall like the walls of Jericho. B+

Andre the Giant & U.S. Express vs Big John Studd & The Midnight Express w/ Jim Cornette

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Andre The Giant and The U.S. Express defeated Big John Studd and The Midnight Express in 14:05 when Andre The Giant defeated Dennis Condrey by pinfall with The Bodyslam. C+

Bob Backlund, Rick Martel, Tito Santana, and Superfly Jimmy Snuka vs Don Muraco, Paul Orndorff, Bruiser Brody, and Buddy Rose w/ Bobby Heenan

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bob Backlund, Rick Martel and Santana & Superfly defeated Don Muraco, Paul Orndorff, Bruiser Brody and Buddy Rose in 16:30 when Rick Martel defeated Buddy Rose by submission with a Boston Crab. B-

Final Show Rating B-

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/pwi_zpsf2d846a5.jpg

Fans we have starling news from Georgia Championship Wresting it seems the promotion who just yesterday signed Siva Afi and David Schultz, has now just released 11 wrestlers and to say the least these men are not the regular jobber squad releases is understatement.

Tom Prichard

The Iron Sheik

The Super Destroyer

Tommy Rich

Mr.Wrestling

Mr. Wrestling II

Bruiser Brody

Butch Reed

Larry Zybzsko

Ivan Koloff

Tito Santana

Stan Hansen

Huge news coming out of Charlotte, North Carolina where the home offices of the now newly named Jim Crockett Promotions formerly known as Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling. Name change came about after the company became Cult size. People saying it's gives the company a more national name. The company joins the WWF as the only other Cult size company in the USA.

WWF All-American Wrestling

March Week 4, 1983

Gorilla Monsoon: Fans welcome to WWF All-American Wrestling an tonight our main event is huge. Bob Backlund will defend the WWF World Heavyweight Championship right here tonight. The challenger is one of the best wrestlers going today Harley Race.

Denny Brown vs Masked Superstar w/ Mr.Fuji

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Masked Superstar defeated Denny Brown in 8:29 by pinfall.D-

Bobby Heenan Promo:

Bobby Heenan: This Sunday night the Intercontinental title will be around this man's waist at the end of night. Rick Martel I hoped you enjoyed your short title reign. C

Brad Armstrong & Terry Taylor vs The Wild Samoans w/ Captain Lou Albano

In an extremely short match, The Wild Samoans defeated Brad Armstrong and Terry Taylor in 5:17 when Afa defeated Terry Taylor by pinfall with a Samoan Drop. D

Mr.Fuji Promo:

Mr.Fuji: Curt Hennig will feel the wrath of this man The Masked Superstar shall be the new WWF Television Champion. C-

WWF World Tag Team Title Match:

Sweet Brown Sugar & Eric Embry vs The Von Erichs ©

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated Sweet Brown Sugar and Eric Embry in 8:05 when Kevin Von Erich defeated Sweet Brown Sugar by pinfall with a Diving Crossbody. Kevin & Kerry Von Erich make defence number 3 of their WWF World Tag Team titles. C

Andre the Giant Promo

Andre the Giant: Boston Gardens.. Texas.. Death... Match... Bruiser Brody comes out of nowhere with an steel chair and beats Andre down. Security tries to keep Brody from inflicting any more damage. Andre rises to his feet and looks ready to tear Brody's head off. He touches his forehead and feels the blood. Looking at his hand covered in blood Andre throws the security members away from him. Brody and Andre collide fists are flying as the show goes to commercial. A

Gorilla Monsoon: Fans I don't think Boston is big enough to contain Andre and Brody come this Sunday.

Buddy Rose & Doug Somers vs U.S. Express

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, The U.S. Express defeated Buddy Rose & Doug Somers in 8:22 when Barry Windham defeated Buddy Rose by pinfall with a Flying Lariat.C-

Don Muraco Promo:

Don Muraco: Nowhere run, nowhere to hide the end of Backlund comes a reality this Sunday. B-

WWF World Heavyweight Title Match:

Harley Race vs Bob Backlund ©

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bob Backlund defeated Harley Race in 30:09 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing. Bob Backlund makes defence number 112 of his WWF World Heavyweight title. B-

Final Show Rating B-

March Week 4,1983

WWF United States Tag Team Title Match:

Chris Adams & Mark Youngblood vs The Midnight Express © w/ Jim Cornette

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, The Midnight Express defeated Chris Adams and Mark Youngblood in 8:13 when Bobby Eaton defeated Mark Youngblood by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. The Midnight Express make defence number 5 of their WWF United States Tag Team titles. C As the Midnight Express is leaving the ring the U.S. Express come out and all four men are having words with each other. The officials come out and keep all four men from fighting.

D-

Tito Santana vs Don Muraco w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Don Muraco defeated Tito Santana in 11:39 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver.B

Mr.Wonderful Paul Orndorff Promo:

Paul Orndorff: You know every time Mr. Wonderful looks into the cameras another woman leaves their husband. It doesn't bother me because every woman wants to be with Mr. Wonderful. Rick Martel your going to wish that you never signed that contract for this Sunday. C

The Fantastics vs Buddy Rose & Doug Somers

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Fantastics defeated Buddy Rose & Doug Somers in 12:12 when Bobby Fulton defeated Buddy Rose by pinfall with a Flying Body Press. D+

Bob Backlund Promo:

Bob Backlund: Don Muraco I am going to take you to the limit this Sunday. Our match is going to test you like no match before you. I know I am ready to defeat you in the ring, but are you ready?C+

Andre the Giant & Rick Martel vs Paul Orndorff & Bruiser Brody

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Andre The Giant and Rick Martel drew with Paul Orndorff and Bruiser Brody in 12:00 when the time limit expired.B

Don Muraco Promo:

Don Muraco: My goodness, my goodness I sat through whole recordings of Bob Backlund's interviews and whole recordings of his matches. Through all them tapes I came to one final conclusion Bob Backlund is the most boring man in all of the world. You know when I can't sleep I put one of the tapes in and after minute of watching boring Backlund I fall asleep works every time. Come Boston Gardens their ain't nobody going to be sleeping when I beat you like a red headed step child that you are. A+

Harley Race vs Bob Backlund ©

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bob Backlund defeated Harley Race in 14:30 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing. Bob Backlund makes defence number 113 of his WWF World Heavyweight title. B-

Final Show Rating:B

WWF End of the Month Show

March Week 4 1983

Boston Garden, Boston, Mass

Attendance: 15,000

Gorilla Monsoon: Electricity in the air is amazing here tonight as we our coming to you live from The Boston Garden. Tonight we have a great card let's go to the ring and our first match of the night.

The Masked Superstar w/ Mr.Fuji vs Curt Hennig ©

Curt Hennig has been fighting champion ever since winning the title. Tonight was no different as he took it to the Masked Superstar. It was a good battle with a lot near falls. Masked Superstar threw Hennig to the outside of the ring and distracted the ref. While Mr. Fuji took his cane and smashed it three times across Curt Hennig's back. Hennig's pain showed on his face as he crawled back into the ring. It seemed Masked Superstar was going to win as he beat down the injured Hennig. Masked Superstar went for suplex only to get rolled up by Hennig 1...2...3.

Winner by pinfall: Curt Hennig

Rating: C+

Jim Cornette Promo:

Jim Cornette: You know mama called me before we got to the show and she said she is so proud of me and the Midnight Express. Tonight we are going to make mama even prouder when Beautiful Bobby and Loverboy Dennis beat the crap out of Mike Rotundo and Barry Windham. D+

U.S. Express vs The Midnight Express © w/ Jim Cornette

These four men matched up well in this match. As the chemistry of the Midnight Express shined through as they looked to be the more polished team in this one. Cornette's racket came in to play once more as Cornette distracted the ref and Condrey smashed the racket across the back of Rotundo's head. Bobby Eaton hit the Alabama jam and went for the cover. 1...2.. it looks like Windham is going to make the save but Condrey knocks Windham down before he can break the pin 3.

Winners: The Midnight Express

Rating:C

Kerry Von Erich and Kevin Von Erich Interview

Kerry Von Erich: Our parents taught us a lot of things when we were growing up. One thing was work hard to become better. Be humble in victory and learn from defeat. Either way tonight Samoans win or lose me and brother Kevin are going to give you everything we got.

Kevin Von Erich: You know my brother Kerry speaks the truth and tonight you might be big, you might be ugly, but the one thing you don't have is the hearts of champions. My brother Kerry and me we have the hearts of champions. C

The Wild Samoans w/ Captain Lou Albano vs The Von Erichs ©

The fans let loose in this one as they cheered their heroes the Von Erichs on. It was back and forth battle that was chaotic brawl in the start of the match. Afa and Sika took control and was hammering on Kevin keeping him away from his corner. Kevin used head scissors to take Afa down. Kevin made desperate dash to his corner to tag his brother Kerry, but Kerry wasn't there. He was at ringside talking to a guy with long blonde hair. They were throwing insults at one another. Blonde stranger pointed back in the ring and Kerry saw his brother being attacked in their corner. He rushed to get back in the ring when out of nowhere he is plowed by someone else. This was an big man with brown hair stomping with cowboy boots on Kerry. He threw Kerry back in the ring.

Meanwhile the ref is too busy trying to control the mayhem in the ring to notice that Kerry was pretty much beaten on the outside. Gorilla Monsoon is wondering what the world is going on and who the two strangers are that beat Kerry down. It looks as if the Samoans are going to win the titles. When Kerry gets to his feet he looks out of it and sees his brother Kevin being manhandled he hits Afa with discus punch that knocks him out. Kevin falls on top of Afa 1..2..3. Gorilla is screaming the Von Erichs have won the match!!!!!!

After the match the blonde hair stranger and brown haired stranger come in the ring and take the microphone from Howard Finkel.

Blonde Haired Man: My name is Michael P.S. Hayes and this is my brother Terry Gordy and we are here to destroy the Von Erichs once and for all.

Kerry and Kevin stand up they look at Kerry attackers and brawl breaks out and all four men are going at it. Security comes down trying to separate the four men but to no avail.

Winners by pinfall: The Von Erichs

Rating Match: C+ Brawl D+

Bobby Heenan Promo:

Bobby Heenan: Tonight Rick Martel that Intercontinental championship comes right here around Mister Wonderful's waist. C+

WWF Intercontinental Title Match:

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff w/ Bobby Heenan vs Rick Martel ©

In a match that had it all great action as these two men fought for the title. Martel took control early, only to have Orndorff power his way back into the match. Gorilla commented many times that he thought Heenan was going to burst an blood vessel in this one as many times he was slapping the ring apron. This match was a showcase for both men and they shone bright in this match. Orndorff hit the piledriver but he was taunting the fans before he went for the cover.

No!!! Martel kicks out before the three count. Fans we are now in the final minutes of this match. Martel hooks on the Boston crab Orndorff is trying to power out, but can't the ref is asking does he want to give. Howard Finkel calls out thirty seconds left. Orndorff looks ready to tap and Bobby Heenan is screaming to hold on.

10..9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1... Gorilla Monsoon says it was great match and no doubt Orndorff earned himself a rematch in this one.

Winner: Time Limit Draw

Rating:B-

Texas Death Match:

Andre the Giant vs Bruiser Brody

This was it the grudge match between these two giants. Brody used everything he could find to try and bring Andre down. Andre was hit with multiple chairs and the guardrail where Andre was slammed repeatedly into destroying a section of the guardrail in the process. Andre busted up and battered would not go down in this one. Brody was busted open after Andre slammed his head into the ring post numerous times. Fans were screaming for Andre to put down Brody. The men finally made it back into the ring and Andre bodyslammed Brody to the mat and then hit giant body splash on him. 1...2...3..4...5...6...7...8...9..10.

Winner: Andre the Giant

Rating: B

Gorilla Monsoon: They tore this place up and we still have our main event to go. Wait a minute Brody is getting up and is looking at Andre. ANDRE!!!! NOOOOO!!! Brody is rotten scoundrel attacking Andre from behind. Andre hits Brody with giant ham for fist staggering Brody. These two men will not stop!!! SECURITY!!! SECURITY!!! Fans they are fighting in the crowd now my God I am scared for the safety of the fans because these two behemoths won't stop until the other is dead it seems. Andre and Brody fists are flying and fans are scattering as security is trying to break it apart, but security and officials are flying at rapid pace as these two men are still battling. B+

Don Muraco Promo:

Don Muraco: Backlund your saying that I don't have the endurance, that I don't have the skill to beat you. Well Opie be ready to be amazed, because tonight is the night that World Wrestling Federation changes forever. Because I will beat you for the title tonight. (A+)

Bob Backlund Promo:

Bob Backlund: Will Don Muraco be challenge? Yes. Have I beaten Don Muraco before? Yes. Can Don Muraco defeat me? No. I am walking in as World Champion and I am walking out as World Champion. Tonight I am going teach you a lesson. B-

Don Muraco w/ Bobby Heenan vs Bob Backlund ©

Muraco is yelling at the fans before he locks up with Backlund. As they lockup you can see that Backlund maybe bland looking but he is stronger than he looks. Backlund keeps Muraco on his toes and he is building up good momentum and he links several moves together. Muraco breaks the hold and scurries to the outside of the ring. Muraco is jawing to the fans and discussing strategy with The Brain. Muraco gets back in the ring and locks up with Backlund again. This time Muraco has the advantage and he tosses Backlund to the outside and into a row of seats sitting empty at the moment. Backlund looks hurt and Muraco moves in and slams Backlund's back into the guardrail. The ref is counting 5...6.. Muraco slams Backlund's head into the guardrail and throws him back in the ring. Muraco goes for the cover 1..2..no Backlund gets his shoulder up. Muraco looks in full control of this one now, he throws punches into Backlund's ribs. Backlund is on the ground as Muraco yells at the fans "This is your champion!!"

Fans are chanting for Backlund now. It seems to move the champion and he begins to go on the offensive fighting his way back into the match. Muraco is trying to fight back, but Backlund with the fans behind him can do no wrong. As he locks in the crossface chicken wing Backlund is going to win, but Bobby Heenan jumps on the apron screaming at the ref. The ref is distracted and Backlund let's go of the hold. He grabs Heenan and rears back to punch Heenan in the face. Only to have his hand caught by Muraco who swings Backlund around and sets him up for the piledriver. Muraco hits it and looks as if he is exhausted. He puts an arm over Backlund and the ref counts

Winner and New WWF World Champion Don Muraco

Winner and NEW WWF WORLD CHAMPION BY PINFALL: Don Muraco

Rating B

Final Show Rating B+

Really enjoyed the show!!! Couldn't believe it when I saw Muraco win the belt and end the 4 year reign of Backlund. Maybe its time for a long run as a heel world champion for Muraco or will Backlund be able to comeback and get a victory over the New Champion. Can't wait to see a rematch.

The best thing on this show in my opinion was the Freebirds debut. Love how your bringing the WCCW heat to WWF, also love how you can take this feud in any direction since it just basically started.

Honestly if I didnt already vote for the monthly spotlight I would've voted for Freebirds WWF Debut. Again I say this was a great show.

Thanks guys for the compliments. I am glad your enjoying the ride. Muraco deserves to be World Champion considering that he has risen all the way from a regional star to draw. Only Andre the Giant and Bruiser Brody is as popular as him right now in the United States. Lately when Muraco gets on the microphone he is hitting 100. He and Brody have saved couple of shows with they their entertainment skills from having crappy grades. Right now WWF, All-Japan, New Japan, World Class, and Jim Crockett Promotions are all sitting at cult. Lucky for me I am the number one company in the world.

WWF All-American Wrestling

April Week 1, 1983

Gorilla Monsoon: Fans this past Sunday some shocking things happened. We have a new WWF World Heavyweight Champion in Don Muraco. Two men appeared known as The Fabulous Freebirds attacked The Von Erichs and nearly cost them WWF Tag Team titles.As of right now neither man is signed to a WWF contract. We going to interview from former World Champion Bob Backlund.

Bob Backlund Promo:

Bob Backlund: Backlund looks upset and emotionally drained) After this past Sunday in Boston at walked streets of Boston for hours. In a daze because I had lost my title. I thought I was over the hill and swore I will do anything to regain my title. So Don Muraco there is redemption fr me. Come Manhattan Rumble I am coming for you and my World title. C+

Bruno Sammartino in his office

Bruno Sammartino: I am not giving you two contracts with WWF attacking to men working for this company does not get you contracts with this company.

Terry Gordy: Here us out. We have been kicking people tails all across the country and now we want to work here in World Wrestling Federation. So we put them dirty low down Texans the Von Erichs out of wrestling for good.

Michael Hayes: Their is hundred promoters across this country that would love have the Freebirds working for them.

Bruno Sammartino: I have heard what you did down in Texas. I have heard what happened in Georgia. I have heard what you did in Oklahoma.

Michael Hayes: Me and brother we will fight any man you what us to fight right here tonight.

Bruno Sammartino: Anybody?

Michael and Terry both: Anybody!!!

Bruno Sammartino: Your match is next. C

Gorilla Monsoon: Fans if you look in the ring it's Jimmy Snuka and Tito Santana standing in the ring. So I am guessing it's who the Freebirds will be fighting for their contracts.

The Fabulous Freebirds vs Tito Santana and Jimmy Snuka

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, The Fabulous Freebirds defeated Santana & Superfly in 13:53 when Terry Gordy defeated Tito Santana by pinfall with an Oriental Spike. B When the match is done the Von Erichs hit the ring and hell breaks loose. As all four men our battling each other. Security after a few minutes break them apart. B-

Bruiser Brody promo

Bruiser Brody: Andre you beat me for ten count, but I got back up. Your never going to put me down. I got a match for you Andre. At this Manhattan Rumble how about me you in losers leave town match in Indian strap match? B+

Curt Hennig © vs Buddy Rose

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Curt Hennig defeated Buddy Rose in 11:32 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. Curt Hennig makes defence number 8 of his WWF Television title. C+ After the match Bobby Heenan comes out to the ring and offers his hand to Curt Hennig who shakes it.

Bobby Heenan: I have been watching you wrestle since you were a kid. I think your the perfect fit to join the Heenan family. I can see you as an future World Champion in this company. You just need someone to guide you along the way.

Curt Hennig: No I am man that does things my own way and being in your family would do nothing for me.

Bobby Heenan: Curt do you think these fans love you. No they will throw out in the dumpster with the trash. When the next wrestler they like comes along.

Curt Hennig: I said no I am not joining your Family. Now I am done Heenan with this conversation. C-

Gorilla Monsoon: I am proud of Curt Hennig for telling the weasel no.

The Fantastics vs The Midnight Express © w/ Jim Cornette

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Midnight Express defeated The Fantastics in 12:22 by stoppage when Tommy Rogers was injured and could not continue. The Midnight Express make defence number 7 of their WWF United States Tag Team titles. C

Don Muraco Promo:

Bobby Heenan: The whole world said it couldn't be done. That this man right here The Magnificent Muraco couldn't beat the bland and boring Bob Backlund.

Don Muraco: Well,well we proved the whole world wrong in one night. Backlund how does defeat feel? Manhattan Rumble you want rematch it's accepted because I beat you once I know I can beat you again. A+

Bob Backlund vs Masked Superstar w/ Mr. Fuji

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bob Backlund defeated Masked Superstar in 12:04 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing. B-

Final Show Rating B

April Week 1, 1983

Von Erichs Promo

Kerry Von Erich: You know I wake up in the middle of the night. From a constant nightmare that keeps recurring. That's having an steel cage door slammed into my head. For all you folks that don't know that what Terry Gordy did to me. So Terry your part of my nightmare and I am going to make sure Freebirds the Von Erichs are a part of yours.

Kevin Von Erich:At Manhattan Rumble how about the Freebirds versus Von Erichs inside Steel Cage? No titles on the line just the pride of Texas against the scum of Georgia. C

Bruiser Brody promo:

Bruiser Brody: Huss!!Huss!! Andre this chest will be your last resting place. Huss!!! Huss!!! A

British Bulldogs vs Buddy Rose & Doug Somers

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, British Bulldogs defeated Buddy Rose & Doug Somers in 8:27 when Davey Boy Smith defeated Doug Somers by pinfall with a Powerclean Lift and Diving Headbutt.C-

Fabulous Freebirds Promo:

Terry Gordy: In a few minutes were going to beat on them boys calling themselves the U.S. Express,but Von Erichs you want to put us in cage with you. You must be out of your minds.

Michael Hayes: There is no way your going to get the Freebirds to sign a contract to be in Steel Cage with the likes of the Von Erichs. Especially with the titles not on the line. C

U.S. Express vs Fabulous Freebirds

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Fabulous Freebirds defeated The U.S. Express in 12:19 when Michael Hayes defeated Mike Rotundo by submission. C

Andre the Giant promo

Andre the Giant: Brody...Brody... I accept. B

Bobby Heenan Promo

Bobby Heenan: The timekeeper saw that Rick Martel was in danger of losing his title last Sunday and robbed Mister Wonderful of WWF Intercontinental championship. So we want a rematch at the Manhattan Rumble.

Pau Orndorff: Anyone with common sense knows you paid off that timekeeper to save your title. Manhattan Rumble I am going to beat you to a pulp and take what is rightfully mine. C+

Masked Superstar w/ Mr.Fuji vs Rick Martel ©

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Rick Martel defeated Masked Superstar in 11:48 by submission with a Boston Crab. Rick Martel makes defence number 3 of his WWF Intercontinental title. B-

Don Muraco Promo:

Don Muraco: Backlund your still crying your eyes out, because I did what I told the world I was going to do. Opie, Opie the fire is burned out in you. Your not man enough to take this title back from me. Manhattan Rumble your shoulders when will be on the mat again. A+

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs Don Muraco ©

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Don Muraco defeated Jimmy Snuka in 12:03 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Don Muraco makes defence number 1 of his WWF World Heavyweight title. B+

Final Show Grade B+

This literally my best show grade and Snuka vs Muraco best match grade.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/WWF/PTW2_zps5c1b2b8f.png

April Week 2, 1983

ROAD WARRIORS PROMO VIDEO

Road Warrior Hawk: We snack on danger and dine on death.

Road Warrior Animal: WWF The Legion of Doom is coming soon!!B-

Gorilla Monsoon: Fans welcome to Prime Time Wrestling and we have a great show for you tonight here on the inaugural episode of Prime Time Wrestling. Whole a lot of changes are coming to the WWF Vince.

Vince McMahon: You are correct Gorilla the Legion of Doom is only two of the many superstars. That will be appearing here in the WWF in the coming weeks. Let's get to the ring for the first match of the night.

Mark Youngblood vs "MR.Wonderful" Paul Orndorff w/ Bobby Heenan

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Paul Orndorff defeated Mark Youngblood in 8:16 by pinfall with a Piledriver.C+

The Piper's Pit Promo

A man wearing a kilt and white t-shirt with the face of an panther is sitting interview area.

Roddy Piper: Next week right here on Prime Time Wrestling will be the debut of the Piper's Pit. (Piper has big grin on his face.) You've been warned.B

Curt Hennig & Barry Windham vs The Wild Samoans w/ Captain Lou Albano

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Curt Hennig and Barry Windham defeated The Wild Samoans in 8:20 when Barry Windham defeated Afa by pinfall with a Flying Lariat.C-

Bobby Heenan offers Hennig a contract

Bobby Heenan: Curt I want you to be a member of the Heenan Family. I can match any other that is on the table.

Curt Hennig: (Curt looks at Heenan than at Windham). Just like last week Bobby the answer is no.These fans believe in me and I believe in the fans.

Bobby Heenan: You do realize the man standing next you will be, facing you here next week on Prime Time Wrestling.

Barry Windham: (Barry has look of shock that Heenan knows about the match.) I just got told Curt right before our match tonight. (Curt looks upset and just walks off leaving Windham and Heenan to stare at each other.)B-

Midnight Express w/ Jim Cornette vs The Von Erichs ©

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Midnight Express in 20:29 when Dennis Condrey was counted out while fighting Kevin Von Erich. During the match we also saw Michael Hayes run in and attack Kerry Von Erich, and Terry Gordy also attack Kevin Von Erich. Kevin & Kerry Von Erich make defence number 5 of their WWF World Tag Team titles. B- Freebirds and Midnight Express attack the Von Erichs. Kerry and Kevin are fighting the four men off and the brawl goes all the way back up the entrance. C

Don Muraco Promo:

Don Muraco: Tonight the President of the WWF decided on the premier episode of Prime Time Wrestling. I should defend the WWF World Championship against Chico Santana. (Muraco gets real close to the camera.) Don't worry Opie I will be still fighting you at Manhattan Rumble. A+

Tito Santana vs Don Muraco © w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Don Muraco defeated Tito Santana in 20:23 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver. Don Muraco makes defence number 2 of his WWF World Heavyweight title. B

Final Show Rating B

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/WWF/SNME4_zps221ac292.png

April Week 2, 1983

Gorilla Monsoon: Fans Welcome to the first addition of Saturday's Night Main Event. Lot of exciting matches in store for tonight. The British Bulldogs will be facing Buddy Rose and Doug Somers. Plus a twenty man over the top battle royale the winner of it will get a shot at WWF World Heavyweight Champion Don Muraco right here next week on Saturday's Night Main Event.

Lord Alfred Hayes: I can't wait for that match plus our co main event and main event matches.

Don Muraco and Paul Orndorff Interview

Bobby Heenan: Rick Martel and Bob Backlund tonight in the main event your facing the Magnificent One and Mr. Wonderful. I hope you boys ate your wheaties because your going did it to survive an match with these two men. Because after tonight their a chance your going to make it to Manhattan Rumble.

Don Muraco: Backlund and Martel tonight you will feel the combined wrath of Magnificent Muraco and Mr. Wonderful. No chance for you to walk as the winners in this one. B-

British Bulldogs vs Buddy Rose & Doug Somers

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, British Bulldogs defeated Buddy Rose & Doug Somers in 8:14 when Davey Boy Smith defeated Doug Somers by pinfall with a Powerclean Lift and Diving Headbutt.D+

Bob Backlund Promo:

Bob Backlund: Manhattan Rumble I have promised my family and now I am going to promise to my fans. I will be the WWF World Champion when I beat you in that ring at Manhattan Rumble.C-

20 Man Battle Royale for shot WWF World Title:

Bruiser Brody had to be the favorite to win this match and it showed. As he in the opening moments eliminated the Wild Samoans Afa and Sika after they tried to double team him. Ricky Morton was in the ring but not for long after the Fabulous Freebirds doubled teamed him and sent him out.Curt Hennig and Masked Superstar found each other and both men eliminated the other after Masked Superstar hit clothesline on Curt that sent him over the top. Masked Superstar momentum carried himself over the top as well.

Bruiser Brody didn't care good guy or not he was force to be reckoned with in the ring. The Midnight Express and Bobby Fulton and Brad Armstrong were fighting and he stomped right over and threw all four men over the top rope. Jim Cornette could be seen screaming in panic as Beautiful Bobby and Loverboy Dennis came flying out the ring and into the guardrails.

Kerry Von Erich was on fire as well throwing out friends and enemies. Terry Gordy and Michael Hayes were drop kicked out of the ring by the Von Erichs. It was finally down to the final four, after Jimmy Snuka was thrown out of the ring by Brody.

Kerry Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, Tito Santana,and Bruiser Brody. Von Erichs and Santana decided to join forces and attack Brody by idea. As Brody stuck in the corner fought all three men off. He kicked Kerry in the chest sending him to the mat. Kevin came after him and he was sent to the outside from back body drop from Brody ccrashing to the outside. Tito Santana had the latin fire going only to have his head smashed in the turnbuckle and tossed over the ropes.

This left groggy Kerry Von Erich and Bruiser Brody in the ring. Brody stalked Kerry as lion would stalk a wounded prey. Brody huss!! huss!!! and stomped his feet and he came closer to Kerry. The younger man staggers to his feet and falls back onto the ropes. Brody charges and looks like he is going to give Kerry the big boot. Kerry moves quickly out of the way and Bruiser is sitting on the top rope in obvious pain. Kerry hits him with a running elbow to knock him out. Kerry Von Erich has won the Battle Royale. B-

Don Muraco walks out of the back

Don Muraco: Congratulations Modern Day Warrior. That's what they call you in Texas right? (Kerry nods his head yes.) Come next Saturday Night's Main Event their call you Modern Day Loser. Kerry Von Erich looks angry but, stays in the ring as Muraco walks in the back.)B

Gorilla, Lord Alfred, and Vince hype that we have our main event for next week, and wonder if the Fabulous Freebirds may get involved.

Andre the Giant vs Big John Studd w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Andre The Giant defeated Big John Studd in 14:25 when Big John Studd was disqualified when Bruiser Brody ran in and attacked Andre The Giant. B+

Rick Matel Promo

Rick Martel: I think you Bobby Heenan and Paul Orndorff have lost your minds. Because all these fans know I had Orndorff in the Boston crab when the time ran out. Come Manhattan Rumble I am going to prove to you I can beat you in that ring. C+

Rick Martel & Bob Backlund vs Don Muraco & Paul Orndorff w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Don Muraco and Paul Orndorff defeated Bob Backlund and Rick Martel in 19:47 when Don Muraco defeated Bob Backlund by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver.B

Final Match Rating B

April Week 3, 1983

Will Rogers Coliseum, Ft. Worth, Texas

Piper's Pit

Roddy Piper: Welcome to Piper's Pit and tonight I got the boring and former WWF Champion Bob Backlund as an guest.

Bob Backlund: (Looks upset by Piper's comments) I am not boring Mister Piper I was fighting champion. I have accomplished....(Piper cuts him off)

Roddy Piper: Hold on a minute, Hold a minute before you get to upset. I am not out here to make enemies. I mean everybody's knows I got a broken neck so I cannot compete in the ring.

Bob Backlund: Really because you got my dandruff up?

Roddy Piper: You might want to try some head & shoulders I hear it does wonders for dandruff. (Backlund looks like he is about to lose it. Piper just has a big grin on his face.)

Bob Backlund: I will beat Don Muraco at Manhattan Rumble and reclaim my WWF World Heavyweight Championship!!!

Roddy Piper: That's if you make it to Madison Square Garden in one piece.

Bob Backlund: What are you talking about?

Don Muraco: He is talking about this!!!! ( As Muraco said this he smashes a chair over Backlund's head, and then begins stomping on an prone Backlund. Piper walks in front of Muraco putting the boots to Backlund and looks into the camera.)

Roddy Piper: I will see you next week here on Piper's Pit. B+

Ricky Morton vs "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Ric Flair defeated Ricky Morton in 12:11 by submission after blatantly cheating. B

Ric Flair Promo:

Vince McMahon: Ric I didn't see you carrying the NWA World Heavyweight Championship when you walked in the Coliseum tonight.

Ric Flair: That's because I came to where the best of the best is at and that's right here in the World Wrestling Federation. Bob Backlund if you win the title I am coming after you. Don Muraco if you retain the WWF World Heavyweight Championship the most prestigious title in our industry today. I will be coming after you. WOOOO!!! Diamonds are forever and so is Ric Flair. A+

Gorilla Monsoon: This has been very interesting night already. Next up fans we have the debut of the Legion of Doom being managed by Paul Ellering.

Adolfo Tapia & Tommy Rogers vs The Legion of Doom w/ Paul Ellering

In an extremely short match, The Legion of Doom defeated Adolfo Tapia and Tommy Rogers in 2:36 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Adolfo Tapia by pinfall with a Top Rope Powerslam. D

Barry Windham vs Curt Hennig ©

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Curt Hennig defeated Barry Windham in 9:46 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. Curt Hennig makes defence number 9 of his WWF Television title. C-

After the match Barry Windham offers Curt his hand and both men shake. Then out of nowhere Hennig decks Windham putting him on the mat. D+(Curt Hennig asks for microphone and gets it.)

Curt Hennig: All this time Barry, you have been looking at me jealous of my success in the business. While struggled to accomplish anything worth. This match opened my eyes to deviousness that you will to steal my thunder. Even after cleanly beating you in that ring, you wanted to steal my thunder. Your going to learn the world will learn I am the perfect wrestler, because I am Mr. Perfect. C(Curt turn to heel was a complete success.)

The Fabulous Freebirds promo:

Micheal P.S. Hayes: In Madison Square Garden Von Erichs your going to see the Freebirds rise and the Von Erichs fall. Because nobody is badder than Freebirds.

Terry Gordy: Von Erichs your claiming that you want us in cage so you can beat us up and we get nowhere hide. Put them belts up and we might have match. Until then there is no way we going in cage. B

The Rat Pack vs Junkyard Dog, Butch Reed, Koko B. Ware

In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Rat Pack (Matt Borne, Ted DiBiase and Jim Duggan) drew with Koko B. Ware and Reed & JYD in 11:37 following a double disqualification. C

Rick Martel vs Maddog Buzz Sawyer

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Rick Martel defeated Buzz Sawyer in 11:52 by submission with a Boston Crab. Rick Martel makes defence number 4 of his WWF Intercontinental title. B-

Final Show Rating B-

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/WWF/SNME4_zps221ac292.png

April Week 3, 1983

Will Rogers Coliseum, Ft. Worth, Texas

Don Muraco Promo:

Don Muraco: Modern Day Whipping Boy, you got lucky when you last week. Tonight you the Magnificent Muraco for first time and last time. Because after tonight your going to the short drive back to hometown with your tail tucked between your legs. Scared to face the Magnificent ever again. A+

Kerry Von Erich Promo:

Kerry Von Erich: Tonight Don Muraco I make history as become the first to ever to win the WWF World title outside of the North East. I can't think of a better place then Texas for me to win the title here tonight. It's The Modern Day Warrior and I will show you who the whipping boy is tonight. B-

Jim Cornette Promo:

Jim Cornette: Our opponents tonight stick just as bad as the whole state of Texas. I don't see no steers here. So I guess everybody is.... Junkyard Dog and Butch Reed you get a shot of immortality because let's be honest the most dominating tag team in the WWF is the Midnight Express. Nobody has knocked as off and two goofs like you aren't the team to do it. C

Junkyard Dog & Butch Reed vs The Midnight Expresss © w/ Jim Cornette

In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Midnight Express defeated Reed & JYD in 11:46 when Bobby Eaton defeated Junkyard Dog by pinfall with an Alabama Jam after Jim Cornette interfered. The Midnight Express make defence number 8 of their WWF United States Tag Team titles. B-

Bruiser Brody Promo:

Bruiser Brody: The end is here. Manhattan Rumble Andre will be out of the WWF for good. A+

Chris Adams vs Curt Hennig ©

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Curt Hennig defeated Chris Adams in 11:52 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. Curt Hennig makes defence number 10 of his WWF Television title. C+ After the match Barry Windham comes out and confronts Hennig about what happened on Prime Time Wrestling. Curt tells Windham to mind his own business and stay out of his from now on. D+

Jim Duggan and Matt Borne vs Jimmy Snuka and Tito Santana

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Santana & Superfly defeated Hacksaw Duggan & Matt Borne in 7:56 when Jimmy Snuka defeated Matt Borne by pinfall with a Superfly Splash.C

Ric Flair Promo:

Ric Flair: WOOOOO!!!! Nature Boy is here in Ft.Worth, Texas. Don Muraco your time is closing as champion because the Nature Boy is here in the WWF and I am not going no where any time soon. I want the WWF World title around my waist. WOOOO!!!B+

Kerry Von Erich vs Don Muraco © w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action and great heat from the audience, Don Muraco defeated Kerry Von Erich in 12:20 by disqualification after Kerry punched the Referee on accident. During the match we also saw Michael Hayes run in and attack Kerry Von Erich, and Terry Gordy also attack Kerry Von Erich. Don Muraco makes defence number 3 of his WWF World Heavyweight title. A

After the match with distracted Kerry arguing with the Ref about the decision The Fabulous Freebirds attacked like two hungry wolves. Beating down on Kerry, that is until Kevin and David Von Erich run out to the ring from the back. Swinging chairs and barely missing Gordy and Hayes who ducked out of the ring. David and Kevin helped their brother Kerry back to his feet, as the crowd in Ft. Worth went nuts seeing all three of their heroes standing in the ring together once again. B+

Final Show Rating A

Comments about the show: Don Muraco and Kerry Von Erich just delivered me my first A match. This was my first A show as well in 38 shows ran. I have right now 62 wrestlers under contract.I pretty much raided every promotion in Canada and United States.

April Week 4, 1983

Hale Arena, Kansas City, Missouri

Piper's Pit

Roddy Piper: I am the originator of Piper's Pit and tonight I have a man who is the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Nature Boy Ric Flair. (Ric Flair comes out dressed in a three piece suit.)

Roddy Piper: Welcome Ric, I am glad your here on Piper's Pit in the World Wrestling Federation. (They shake hands and sit down in two chairs.) My question why do leave the NWA when you are the number one man in the NWA?

Ric Flair: WOOO!! It's great to be in Kansas City!!! To the answer question the WWF promoters offered me the chance to come here and wrestle for the number one wresting promotion in the world.

Roddy Piper: As I know the money wasn't bad at all either. (Both men laugh)

Ric Flair: Bob Backlund you better hope that you don't walk out at Manhattan Rumble with WWF World Heavyweight title at Manhattan Rumble because I am coming for the title. A+

Captain Lou Albano introduces the Buhwackers

Captain Lou Albano: I got me a new tag team they have brought destruction in every promotion they have been in and won gold where ever they went. I give you Cousin Luke and Cousin Butch the Bushwackers.

Cousin Butch: OIEEE!!!! Cousin Luke tonight we take on the Fantastics what we going to do to them?

Cousin Luke: OIEEEE!!!! Beat them pretty boys to a bloody pulp and leave them lying in the ring.C+

The Fantastics vs The Bushwackers w/ Captain Lou Albano

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Bushwhackers defeated The Fantastics in 7:48 when Butch Miller defeated Bobby Fulton by submission after interference from Lou Albano. C

Jesse Ventura and Arn Anderson

Jesse Ventura: Tonight I team up with Arn Anderson in a match, and we going to show the world we our prime time and ready for championship gold.

Arn Anderson: My last name is Anderson tonight I am going show you, why the name Anderson is so feared in tag team wrestling. C

Ricky Steamboat vs Bob Bradley

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Ricky Steamboat defeated Bob Bradley in 7:38 by pinfall with a Flying Karate Chop.B-

Curt Hennig w/ Bobby Heenan Promo

Bobby Heenan: This man is the Perfect athlete and everything he does is perfect. So Barry Windham your going to learn at Manhattan Rumble you don't mess with Curt Hennig.

Curt Hennig: Barry Windham we both come from wrestling families. All these years you have been jealous of me, because my father was my father, and your father was an never was. He couldn't wrestle to save his life.

Bobby Heenan: If it wasn't for Blackjack Lanza your dad would of been a nobody. To this day he is living off Blackjack Lanza's reputation.You have never in your career beaten anyone at the caliber of Curt Hennig and tonight Harley Race is going to use you as rag doll. B

Jesse Ventura & Arn Anderson vs Denny Brown & Mark Youngblood

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jesse Ventura and Arn Anderson defeated Denny Brown and Mark Youngblood in 7:41 when Jesse Ventura defeated Denny Brown by submission with a Body Breaker. C-

Don Muraco Promo:

Don Muraco: Bob Backlund time is running out on you. Soon boring Backlund is going get dropped on his head and my head will be raised as still WWF World Heavyweight Champion Magnificent Don Muraco. A+

Hulk Hogan Promo:

Hulk Hogan: Bruiser Brody come Saturday Night's Main Event I am teaming up with Andre the Giant to face you and Big John Studd. Come Manhattan Rumble I will be watching Andre's back in your match. B+

Barry Windham vs Harley Race

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Barry Windham defeated Harley Race in 22:32 by pinfall with a fast roll up.B

Final Show Rating B+

We gain popularity in 16 regions with this show.

WWF Saturday Night's Main Event

April Week 4, 1983

Hale Arena, Kansas City, Missouri

Devastation Inc. Has Arrived:

Ted Dibiase: Everybody look right here and right now. Because your looking at Devastation Inc. The most powerful force to ever come together in the world. My associates Matt Borne and Arn Anderson are looking to take the WWF World Tag Team titles off the Von Erichs. While I Ted Dibiase go after first the Intercontinental championship and after I kick the crap out of whoever the Intercontinental champion is, I am going to go after the WWF Word champion.

Arn Anderson: WWF you have been warned your heroes are about to tumble...

Matt Borne: And never be able to be put back together again!!! (Borne laughs like a maniac at his own joke.) C-

Ted Dibiase vs David Von Erich

In a match that had some good action and average heat, David Von Erich defeated Ted DiBiase in 8:08 by pinfall following botched interference by Arn Anderson. B After the match the newly formed Devastation Inc. attack David Von Erich. Matt Borne and Arn Anderson whole a battered David Von Erich up by his arms, as Ted Dibiase screams in his face and begins slapping him repeatedly. Screaming repeatedly that he was lucky punk, and that this is going to happen anyone who thinks their better than Devastation Inc. Kerry and Kevin Von Erich clear the ring and help their brother David to his feet. B-

Ric Flair Promo:

Ric Flair: Well monkey boy your stepping in the ring with the star of the show. Superfly your going to lose like everyone else will we coming against The Nature Boy Ric Flair. WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!A+

Ric Flair vs Jimmy Snuka

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Ric Flair defeated Jimmy Snuka in 12:03 by submission.B-

Don Muraco Promo:

Don Muraco: Backlund I am going leave you and that little girl of yours in tears come tomorrow night at Manhattan Rumble. Because I am not losing this title anytime soon.A

Bob Backlund & Rick Martel vs Don Muraco & Paul Orndorff w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action and great heat from the audience, Bob Backlund and Rick Martel defeated Don Muraco and Paul Orndorff in 12:24 when Bob Backlund defeated Paul Orndorff by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing.B

Piper's Pit

( We open up with Roddy Piper standing at the side of the table facing the cameras. Kerry and Kevin Von Erich are on one side of the table. Michael Hayes and Terry Gordy are on the opposite side of the table. The table has two pens on it and the contract for Manhattan Rumble match.)

Roddy Piper: Well welcome to Piper's Pit and right here and right now we have the contracting signing for the cage match between these two teams. Von Erich sisters do you want to sign first?

(Kerry and Kevin look at Piper looking ready to knock his block off. Kerry actually reaches out for Piper's shirt. When Piper backs up and yells in the microphone.)

Roddy Piper: HOLD IT!!HOLD IT!!! It's in my contract with my pre-existing condition, that if any wrestler tries to touch me, they will be fined a month's pay and fired on the spot. (Gorilla Monsoon tells the fans at home that the stipulation is in Roddy Piper's contract.) Now will just please sign the contract.

Kerry Von Erich:You going to call us sisters and your the one wearing the skirt. (Kerry and Kevin sign the contract.)

Roddy Piper: It's a kilt not a skirt.

Kerry Von Erich: Keeping telling yourself that Roddy. (Roddy seems to be getting hot under collar, as he keeps pulling at the collar of his shirt.)

Roddy Piper: Your turn to sign the contracts Michael and Terry.

Michael Hayes: I don't know Terry I mean being stuck in an steel cage with the Von Erichs. ( Michael puts the pen down and he starts walking away from the table and back. He picks up the pen and drops it back down)

Terry Gordy: The belts are on the line?

Roddy Piper: Yes the titles are the line.

Terry Gordy: Michael doesn't want to ruin his pretty face. (Terry picks up the pen and is looks ready to sign, when he throws the pen down.) You sure Piper I mean the Von Erichs ain't nothing but liars and cheats. Them boys are the lowest of the low down rotten scum that walk this earth.

Kevin Von Erich: Sign the contracts so we can whipped you all over Madison Square Garden come Sunday night.

( Terry and Michael angry sign the contracts and Terry picks up the table and slams it into the Von Erichs. Roddy scatters back as all four men battle it out. Security comes out and pulls the four men apart.A

Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant vs Bruiser Brody & Big John Studd w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Andre The Giant and Hulk Hogan drew with Bruiser Brody and Big John Studd in 11:56 following a double disqualification. B The match was over but these two teams didn't care for they kept brawling after the match and officials trying to break it up, were tossed out of the way. B

Final Show Rating: B+

I love how when I try to sign Bruiser Brody he tells me he only willing to work for 2 months because he is an freelancer. So I signed him for 2 months. Well his contract is up. He refuses to sign with me, because he tells me it's time to move on. Vince McMahon steps in and somehow signs him for three years.

WWF MANHATTAN RUMBLE

APRIL WEEK 4, 1983

Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York

Attendance: 20,000 SOLD OUT!!!!

Gorilla Monsoon: Fans welcome to the mecca of all professional sports Madison Square Garden. I am your host Gorilla Monsoon, and I have Vince McMahon and Hot Rod Rowdy Roddy Piper helping me to call the matches tonight.

Vince McMahon: It should be a great night here Gorilla a lot of great matches on the card here tonight.

Roddy Piper: (Roddy Piper stands up and fans boo him!!!) LIVE FROM NEW YORK!!!!!! IT'S THE WWF PRESENTS MANHATTAN RUUUUUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!

Gorilla Monsoon: Looks like the fans are showing their displeasure with you Hot Rod. Let's go to the back where Jim Cornette and The Midnight Express are in the back.

Jim Cornette w/ Midnight Express Promo

Jim Cornette: Tonight it's the battle of the Expresses as the boys from the darkside take on them two no good wannabe rockstars from Tennessee the Rock and Roll Express. Tonight Ricky and Robert your walking into the big leagues, and your just two bush leaguers were going to send back down to the minors. That is after Loverboy Dennis and Beautiful Bobby beat the living daylights out the two of you. C

Rock & Roll Express vs The Midnight Express © w/ Jim Cornette

The Rock and Roll Express started things off quickly, keeping The Midnight Express off-balance with their high-flying action. Once Dennis Condrey caught Ricky Morton, though, it was Midnight Express with the quick tags and double-team moves on Morton, making him the face in peril as it seems he always is. Ricky Morton fought to regain the advantage and made a quick tag to Robert Gibson who came in on fire taking both Eaton and Condrey out. Cornette jumped on the apron, and Gibson punched him square in the face. Jim Cornette flopped off the apron and squirmed on the ground. The Midnight Express ganged up on Gibson beating him down this brought in Ricky Morton. Who tried to help, but was stopped in his tracks by Joey Marella who sent him back to his corner. This allowed Cornette to hand Condrey his racket and swing for the fences knocking out Gibson. Condrey quickly tossed the racket back to Cornette and covered Gibson. 1..2..3.

Winners by Pinfall: The Midnight Express w/ Jim Cornette

Rating: C+

Barry Windham vs Curt Henng © w/ Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

The fans got excited to see these two hot prospects facing each other here tonight. Windham took charge and dominated the match for the most part. What turned the tide was when Windham after hitting Hennig with several punches left him standing groggy in the middle of the ring. He tried bouncing off the ropes, but was tripped up by Heenan. Hennig came to his senses and dropped some measured elbow drops on the downed Windham. He picked up Barry Windham looking to hit the Hennig Plex when Windham turns into a school boy roll up.

and NO!!! Hennig kicks out and dashes to the outside to talk to Heenan. Gorilla and Vince claim Heenan gave Hennig an foreign object, Piper says they were seeing things. Curt rolled in the ring and Windham started punching him. Curt uppercutted Windham and Windham fell backwards on to the mat. Curt went for the pin.

3... Noo!!! Barry Windham got his shoulder up just in time. Curt and Heenan have looks of shock on their faces. Curt begins pounding on Windham's face with his fist and Windham is bleeding badly now. Hennig picks him up at hits the Hennig Plex. 1..2..3.

Winner by Pinfall: Curt Hennig w/ Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Rating: B-

Gorilla Monsoon: Barry Windham was robbed by Curt Hennig and that weasel Bobby Heenan.

Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart vs The British Bulldogs

This was pretty much an introduction match for fans to see the Hart Foundation and British Bulldogs. It had solid in ring action but because both teams are not well known the fans could of cared less for it. The Mouth of the South was barking orders to the Hart Foundation but in the end these two teams were in deadlock and the match ended in draw.

Winners: Time Limit Draw

Rating: D

Greg Valentine vs Tito Santana

This was another match that was introduction for the WWF fans to see Greg "The Hammer" Valentine. Tito was red hot at the beginning of the match and looked if he had this won easily, but Valentine was taking the punishment and kept taking it, but when the ten minute mark hit that's when the flow of the match changed. As the battered Valentine caught Santana making a mistake he pounced on it and the momentum switched into his favor. Valentine dropped the hammer as he calls his elbow several times on Santana, and began working on his legs. Piper commented that Valentine was an vicious and sadistic man, who enjoyed injuring wrestlers. Howard Finkel called out two minutes left in the match. This is when Valentine decided to lock in the figure four leg lock. Santana screamed in agony, and Valentine's face was overjoyed with satisfaction. Howard Finkel called out thirty seconds left in the match. Gorilla screamed he is going break Tito's leg!!! As he said Tito reversed the hold and know you saw Valentine screaming in pain, in agony he released the hold, as the bell rang ending this superb match.

Winner: Draw by Time limit Finish

Ricky Steamboat vs The Masked Superstar w/ Mr.Fuji

After Steamboat's debut match was so good people expected a lot from this match. It was a decent match, but failed in so many ways this maybe the end for Masked Superstar in the WWF after the poor showing in this match. Steamboat and Masked Superstar fought even match it was when Steamboat hit the diving crossbody to take the win.

Winner by Pinfall: Ricky Steamboat

Rating: D+

Hulk Hogan vs Ken Patera

These two men hate each other and it showed through in this match. Patera and Hogan did a test of strength. Patera got the advantage and Hogan was on one knee, the fans get behind Hogan cheering him on, and Hogan powers back to two feet. Patera angry of this kicks Hogan in the gut and uses double axe handle blows to keep the Hulkster on his knees. While Hogan is lying on the ground an confidant Patera walks around the ring taunting the fans. He sees Hogan raising to his feet and comes in with an kick to his face, only to have his foot caught by Hogan. Patera has an surprised look on his face and Hogan rises up holding Patera's leg. He spins Patera around and clotheslines him to the ground. He goes for the pin 1..2..3.

Winner by Pinfall: Hulk Hogan

Rating:B-

The Von Erichs Promo:

Kerry Von Erich: Here shortly me and Kevin is going to be these titles up in an steel cage against you Freebirds. Let me something I still have nightmare from last Christmas night. I am going to make both you have nightmares after this match.

Kevin Von Erich: Freebirds you try to make this like it's feud between Georgia and Texas. It's not it's war over decency and the filth that are the Fabulous Freebirds Michael Hayes and Terry Gordy. C+

The Fabulous Freebirds Promo:

Terry Gordy: I really hope these fans out here haven't bought in to the lies of them low down rotten Von Erichs. Their daddy ran us out of Texas, because we enjoyed beating the snot out of his sons, and they couldn't beat us on their best day ,and us on our worst day.

Michael Hayes: Tonight Von Erichs we got you where we want you. Because tonight the cage comes down and there will be no place to hide. Your daddy and ain't going to come and save you. Because what Devastation Inc. did David ain't coming down to save you. Fabulous Freebirds will add the WWF World Tag Team titles to our resume, as the Von Erichs fall from grace begins right here tonight. C+

The Fabulous Freebirds vs The Von Erichs ©

Freebirds come down to the ring first as Lynyrd Skynyrd's Freebird blares over the arena speakers. Terry Gordy shakes the cage to see if it holds both Freebirds are dressed in jeans and cowboy boots. Joey Marella instructs them to go in the ring. Terry and Michael argue with Marella, the ref tells them if they don't get in the ring he call the match off right now. Freebirds don't seem happy as they enter the cage. Now the Von Erichs come down to ZZ Top's La Grange their clapping fans hands and stopping to give female fans hugs. Kerry and Kevin finally make it down to the ring and they circle the cage , and the Freebirds are screaming for them to come in and get the beating they deserve. Marella takes the titles from the Von Erichs and holds him to show the fans. Kerry tries to enter the ring and Terry blocks the door to the cage. Kerry steps down and Marella tells him to back off to the let the Von Erichs in the ring.

When the Von Erichs get in the ring, it's all out war as Terry battles Kerry and Kevin battles Michael. The Von Erich boys have the upper hand as the match goes on. Terry gets his face pounced off the cage a few times, and blood begins to ooze out of the wound on his head. Hayes is trapped in the ropes and being beaten by Kevin. Then after few more punches Kevin puts on the iron claw to Michael Hayes. Terry Gordy kicks Kerry in the gut and slams his head in the cage. He comes over and low blows Kevin breaking his hold on Hayes. Terry Gordy picks up Kevin for a piledriver and Hayes climbs on the top rope, he comes off the top rope, and helps drive Kevin's head into the mat. Kevin lies their motionless and The Freebirds aim to attack Kerry. Michael Hayes tells Marella to open the cage door. Marella does and Michael seems prepared to leave and win the match. Kerry fights off Gordy and goes after Hayes, only to be attacked by Gordy from behind. Michael is blocking the door from being closed and Gordy drags Kerry and places his head in between the door and the ring post. You can hear Gorilla Monsoon screaming don't do it and as he says this, Michael Hayes slams Kerry's head repeatedly in the cage door. Kerry is severely bleeding from his head now.

Gorilla and Vince is calling for the match to be stopped and nobody sees Kevn climbing over the cage, the bell rings and The Freebirds look in shock as they see Kevin coming back around to the door with an steel chair in his hand. Freebirds are blocked by Kevin and the steel chair so they scattered into the ring. Kevin climbs in keeping his eyes on both Freebirds and still firmly holding on to the chair. Kevin bends down and checks on Kerry who says something to Kevin very softly. The Freebirds rush in to attack Kevin only to get blasted with the chair first Terry and then Michael. As both Freebirds lay on the ground and the medical team rushes in to aide Kerry. Kevin throws down the chair and walks out of the cage.

Winners by Escape: The Von Erichs

Rating:B

Gorilla Monsoon: I have seen some intense things in my life, but I haven't seen anything like that Hot Rod?

Roddy Piper: Kevin Von Erich sacrificed his brother for the tag team titles is what I saw in that match.

Gorilla Monsoon: No, Hot Rod I think Kevin Von Erich saved his brother's life when he escaped and grabbed that steel chair. I am being told we have some words from Bruiser Brody.

Bruiser Brody Promo:

Bruiser Brody: I am going to take this Indian strap and beat you like the low down stinking overweight giant that you are. Your going to be screaming and crying like a little girl after I am done with you tonight. B

Indian Strap Match: Loser Leaves Town Match:

Andre the Giant vs Bruiser Brody

Brody came down the ring first through the audience swinging the strap and fans scattered as the microphones picked him up going HUSS!!!HUSS!!! As he cut an wide path through the crowd. Andre made his way next down the aisle and the fans screamed for joy. Brody walked right to Andre and stood right in front of him as the strap was being put on Andre's wrist. Brody struck first and Andre hammered back. These two men looked to destroy the arena once more and they came close to it. Andre hit a couple clothesline while Brody was near the ropes, but Brody wouldn't go over. So Andre slammed into a dazed Brody and both men fell out of the ring on to the arena floor. Brody somehow made it to his feet first and began whipping Andre with the strap across his back. Andre took couple more shots and, then caught it, he pulled the strap bringing Brody with it and smashed a giant fist into Brody's face. Andre picked up Brody and whipped him into the guardrail. Brody hit with such force, he broke the guardrail landed into the fans laps knocking several people down. Andre lumbered over and picked up Brody and began choking him where he stood. The camera showed Brody's face and you could see he was grasping for his last breath. When he knees Andre in the groin, breaking the choke hold.

Brody stands there gasping for air and he wraps the leather strap around his fist and begins pounding on Andre cutting the Giant open. Blood is flying and landing on fans who are surrounding the two combatants. Brody gets Andre to his feet and leads him back to the ring. He slams Andre's face into the ring post and now is heading towards the ring steps. Andre elbows him a few times in the gut, and throws Brody face first into the ring post opening an gash that blood begins seeping out of Brody's head. Andre picks up Brody and throws him back in the ring. Andre picks up Brody and body slams him to the mat. Then Andre does something nobody has ever seen he climbs the top rope. Andre tries to keep his balance and Brody coming to senses yanks as hard as he can and Andre falls off the turnbuckle. Brody crawls over and lands an arm over fallen Andre.

Andre shoulder is up right before the three count. Gorilla says he shocked the ring didn't break when Andre fell. Brody has the look of shock on his face, both men slowly make it to their feet, and Andre is barely able to pick Brody up and powerslams him on the mat. Andre just falls straight down on Brody.

Winner by Pinfall: Andre the Giant

Rating: B+

Andre can barely stand and the fans are chanting Andre's name. Brody begins moving himself, and sees the strap is still around his wrist. He sees Andre has the strap still attached to him too. Brody stands up and rushes Andre from behind and throws the strap around Andre's throat and pulls back and begins choking Andre. Officials and Security rushes out from the back and attempt to pull Brody off. Only to be able to do it briefly before Brody breaks free and comes on the attack again. Police officers come down to the ring and tackle Brody to the ground and throws all of them off of him. He walks out of the ring and removes the strap, and grabs an microphone.

Bruiser Brody: One day!!! Andre I will return and your going to regret not finishing the job tonight. A

Bobby Heenan Promo:

Bobby Heenan: I am going to make this short and simple for all you humanoids out there listening. This man right will be the next World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental champion after tonight.

Paul Orndorff: I am Mr.Wonderful and your not Rick Martel. C+

Rick Martel Promo:

Rick Martel: Paula,there isn't an fan watching at home or here at Madison Square Garden that wants to see a narcissist like yourself beat me here tonight. A

Paul Orndorff w/ Bobby Heenan vs Rick Martel ©

This was the co-main event here tonight. Orndorff was red hot in this one as the fans were chanting Paula through out this match. Ordorff stopped his assault on Martel and went out of the ring, screaming at the fans to stop calling him Paula. Martel followed and dragged him into the ring. Martel now took charge and Orndorff ran back to the outside trying to stop Martel's momentum. Orndorff came back in the ring and both men started slugging it out in the middle of the ring. Orndorff grabs Martel and throws them into the ropes and Heenan pulls the rope down and Martel tumbles out of the ring. Orndorff distracts the ref and Heenan puts the boots to Martel. He picks up Martel and throws him back in the ring. Orndorff casually walks over and sets up Martel for the pile driver. Martel lifts up and tosses Orndorff out of the ring landing on his butt. Orndorff is screaming in pain as the fans chants louder Paula!!!Paula!!!

Orndorff finally makes it back into the ring and Martel goes on the attack. He slams Orndorff down on the mat and drops an couple of elbows. Fans are excited as they can feel Martel is ready to put Orndorff away. He hits a spinning spinebuster and goes for the pin. Heenan is pounding on the mat 1..2...Orndorff kicks out and Martel shakes his head it seems Martel is going to go for his own pile driver, but he gets back dropped on to the mat. Orndorff measures him and drops an knee onto Martel's head. He sets up Martel once more for the pile driver and he hits it. He goes for the cover.

3.... Paul Orndorff is the winner

Winner by pinfall and New WWF Intercontinental Champion: Paul Orndorff w/ Bobby Heenan

Don Muraco Promo:

Don Muraco: We have an Giant choked out. A man gets his headed bashed in by a steel cage door. Now your about to see that vanilla former champion get beaten by me once again. Backlund this is my time and after tonight your time will have ran out. A+

Bob Backlund Promo:

Bob Backlund: You know when I beat Superstar Billy Graham for the WWF World championship they told me, I was an fluke champion. Five years later someone found a way to rob me of my title. Tonight Don Muraco I won't miss judge you or that weasel standing outside of the ring cheering you on. Because he is the only one that will be cheering for you here tonight.B

Bob Backlund vs Don Muraco © w/ Bobby Heenan

Here it is the epic rematch everybody has been, waiting for since Muraco shocked the world and beat Backlund for the title.Backlund got his fists up and tells Muraco come on and bring it. Muraco just stands there and stares Backlund down with grin on his face. Backlund is hot and goes for an side headlock and wrings it out. Muraco breaks it and goes in the corner. Backlun gets him back in the side head lock as Backlund wrings it out again. Muraco goes for a suplex and slams Backlund down. Muraco begins stomping on Backlund and kicks him in the gut. Backlund fights back as Muraco tries to lift him up. Backlund puts the side head lock back on to Muraco. Muraco picks him and hits backbreaker, but Backlund won't give up the side headlock. Heenan is screaming for Muraco to break the hold, but the side head lock is wearing down Muraco. The champion gets to his feet and pushes Backlund into the ropes and dropkick by Muraco. Muraco goes up to the top rope, but Bob Backlund is quickly to his feet and drags Muraco back down, and back into the side head lock. Muraco wraps his arms around Backlund and gets Backlund off his feet and hits belly to back suplex on Backlund. Who finally releases the hold.

Muraco slams his fists down on Backlund's shoulders. He picks up Backlund and body slams him hard on to the mat. Muraco picks up Backlund and hits him with an knee lift. Backlund lands on his back and Muraco goes for the cover. 1...2... Backlund kicks out and Muraco throws Backlund out of the ring. Muraco goes out and picks up Backlund and drops him on the guardrail. Muraco slams Backlund's head into the ring apron. Muraco whips Backlund into the guardrail and Muraco slips back in the ring. He comes back out and grabs Backlund, and he NO!!! Backlund blocks it and slams Muraco's head in the ring post. Muraco is busted open and is bleeding everywhere as Backlund rolls him back in the ring. Backlund hits a back suplex 1...2...3..NOOOO!! Muraco has his shoulder up barely. Bobby Heenan is pacing back and forth scared that the World title is about to slip from their grasp.

Both men stagger to their feet as the fans are roaring here in Madison Square Garden. Backlund throws a punch Muraco blocks it. Muraco throws a punch Backlund blocks it. Then both men run at each other clotheslining the other man their both down. The ref counts 1...2...3... Heenan screaming on the outside as both men are stil not moving/ 4..5...6.... Muraco is to his feet he picks up Backlund, he hits the reverse pile driver. He goes for the cover. 1...2...3.

Winner: Don Muraco

Rating:A

The match is over and Paul Orndorff comes out from the back. Muraco and Orndorff are talking while Backlund is still laying on the mat. Orndorff picks up Backlund and pile drives him on the mat. Muraco picks up Backlund and pile drives helpless Backlund once more. The fans erupt as Hulk Hogan comes out of the back wielding an steel chair. Muraco, Orndorff, and Heenan scattered out of the ring and leave celebrating maybe cripppling Bob Backlund for life. A+

Final Show Rating: A

Archived