WWF: The Rise of The Empire

WWF Saturday Night's Main Event

Week 3, May 1983

Portland Memorial Coliseum, Portland, Oregon

Piper's Pit

Roddy Piper is sitting down and Ace Orton is standing behind him, looking all angry.

Roddy Piper: My first guess is the man who couldn't make it as howdy doody anymore mister Bob Backlund. (Backlund walks out and shakes Piper and Orton's hands.) So how does it feel Bob to be loser? Do you lose sleep at night?

Bob Backlund: I am not an loser. I was robbed by Muraco and that weasel...

(Piper cuts him off)

Roddy Piper: Hold it, hold it right there. Your telling me that this man.(Don Muraco walks out with WWF World Heavyweight title around his waist) Robbed you of the WWF title?

Bob Backlund: Yes!! Yes he did and come Mayhem in May in that Texas Death Match I am going beat you Muraco and get what is mine back.

Don Muraco: Opie you see I am all up your head. Your not thinking straight because if you were. You wouldn't want the Texas Death match with me. Come next Sunday Backlund your going to be left in puddle of your own blood in the middle of the ring.

Bob Backlund: Muraco you forget that I have beaten you in that ring countless times, and come next Sunday I am going to beat you again and reclaim my title.

Roddy Piper: I think your delusional Howdy Doody. (Backlund makes a move towards Piper when Orton steps in between both men.) I love my bodyguard. B+

Malenko Brothers vs Legion of Doom w/ Paul Ellering

In an extremely short match, The Legion of Doom defeated Joe Malenko and Dean Malenko in 5:21 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Joe Malenko by pinfall with a Power Bomb. C

Barry Windham & Ricky Steamboat Promo

Barry Windham: Curt Hennig I have be dying to get my hands on you and tonight with this man right here. I am going to get my chance and I don't care if you do got a giant of man as your partner.

Ricky Steamboat: It's simple and tonight Curt Hennig and Big John Studd your going to lose and so you don't run in our match at Mayhem in May. It will be an lumberjack match. C

Bobby Heenan w/ Curt Hennig and Big John Studd Promo

Bobby Heenan: Lumberjack match against this man at Mayhem in May. All that is going to prove is how your low down cheater that needs these humanoids approval. Tonight, tonight your stepping in the ring with perfection as an team. Because you have the wrestling ability of this man right here, and the brute strength and power of this man.

Curt Hennig: After tonight your going to be lucky to even wrestle at Mayhem in May after we our done with you. C+

Barry Windham & Ricky Steamboat vs Curt Hennig & Big John Studd w/ Bobby Heenan

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Curt Hennig and Big John Studd defeated Barry Windham and Ricky Steamboat in 11:57 when Big John Studd defeated Barry Windham by submission with a Reverse Bearhug. B-

Hulk Hogan Promo:

Hulk Hogan: I have been to Mexico and defeated all the top stars there. I went to Tokyo, Japan and have defeated many great wrestlers there. So Muraco your going to fall to Hulkmania just like every man that has stepped in the ring with me. Because I have all these Hulkamananiacs me behind and will topple and anyone who stands in my way of our goal. That's being WWF World Heavyweight Champion.Your tyranny as the World Champion here the WWF will end. Because every fan is calling for it and I am the man to end your reign. A

Hulk Hogan vs Arn Anderson

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Hulk Hogan defeated Arn Anderson in 8:26 by pinfall with an Axe Bomber. C

The Von Erichs & Chris Adams vs Fabulous Freebirds & Ted Dibiase

In a match that had some good action and average heat, David Von Erich, Chris Adams and Kevin & Kerry Von Erich drew with Jimmy Garvin, Ted DiBiase and The Fabulous Freebirds in 18:16 following a double disqualification.B-

After the match bedlam breaks out as all eight man fight all over the arena. Ted Dibiase and David Von Erich are fighting inside the ring with young David having the advantage pounding Dibiase in the corner. Chris Adams and Jimmy Garvin are tearing into each other as well. Michael Hayes is beating on Kevin Von Erich. Terry Gordy is battling Kerry Von Erich both men trading blows in the center of the ring. Fans are going crazy are tearing down the house to end Saturday Night's Main Event. Vince is screaming that officials need to stop this mayhem. While Jesse is enjoying the brawl and rooting for The Freebirds and Ted Dibiase to beat the Von Erichs out of professional wrestling once for all. B-

Final Show Rating B

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWF Prime Time Wrestling

Sunday Week 3, May 1983

Boston Garden, Boston, Mass

Attendance:13,472

Gorilla Monsoon: Fans welcome to the number one show in the world Prime Time Wrestling I am your host Gorilla Monsoon.

Bobby Heenan: I take it I am just chop liver seating over here? Ever since I began hosting this show it's been number one in the ratings.

Gorilla Monsoon: Well you stop?

Bobby Heenan: Stop what?

Gorilla Monsoon: Let's just go to our first match.

Rock "n" Roll Express & Rick Gibson vs Midnight Express & Jimmy Garvin w/ Jim Cornette

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Rick Gibson and Rock and Roll Express defeated Jimmy Garvin and The Midnight Express in 12:20 when Ricky Morton defeated Jimmy Garvin by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. C

Hulk Hogan vs Brutus Beefcake

In an extremely short match, Hulk Hogan defeated Brutus Beefcake in 3:24 by pinfall with a Big Leg Drop. C-

The Bushwhackers vs British Bulldogs

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, The Bushwhackers defeated British Bulldogs in 7:32 when Butch Miller defeated Davey Boy Smith by pinfall.C-

Andre the Giant vs Curt Hennig w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Andre The Giant defeated Curt Hennig in 11:56 by count out. During the match we also had Red River Jack run in and attack Andre. B

Ric Fair & Paul Orndorff Promo:

Ric Fair: Wooo!!!!Tonight Martel and Santana you step in the ring with two world class athletes. Santana your going to face me at Mayhem in May and tonight I am going to give you an preview of what is in store for you next Sunday.

Paul Orndorff:Do you really think you can defeat me Martel. Your nothing and tonight with the Nature Boy we are going to prove it.B

Ric Flair & Paul Orndorff vs Tito Santana & Rick Martel

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Strike Force defeated Ric Flair and Paul Orndorff in 11:38 when Tito Santana defeated Ric Flair by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock.B

David Von Erich Promo

David Von Erich: I got you Don Muraco where I want you. Because your thinking about Backlund and your thinking about Hogan breathing down your neck. While your stepping in the ring right here tonight against me. Unlike you I am totally focused on taking that title from you tonight. B

Don Muraco Promo

Don Muraco: Many men talks about defeating the one and only Magnificent One. I fought your brother couple of weeks ago and he had talent. What makes you think, you can step in my ring tonight and beat me? I am the WWF World Champion I have fought long and hard to get here, and I am not going to let some punk kid from Texas beat me here tonight. B

David Von Erich vs Don Muraco © w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Don Muraco defeated David Von Erich in 12:13 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. During the match we also had Ted DiBiase distract David Von Erich. Don Muraco makes defence number 6 of his WWF World Heavyweight title. B+

Final Show Rating B

Two more shows until Mayhem in May get your predictions in now.

Archived