OOC: So I have been semi stuck on my ROH diary and this is a way for me to keep posting while I try to figure out what I want to do with my 2006 Diary. The only thing that has been altered in this is a couple title histories, but the rest will remain true. And, no Shelton Benjamin heel turn (and yes this means no “Momma Benjamin”, thank you God)

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/PPVs/WWE01.jpg

WWE Champion

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/wweratedr.jpg

Edge

Date Won: January 8, 2006

Title History

John Cena April 3, 2005 - January 8 2006 (280 Days)

All other history accurate up to Jan 8, 2006

WWE Intercontinental Champion

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/wweic.jpg

Shelton Benjamin

Date Won: February 20, 2006

Title History

Ric Flair September 18, 2005 - February 20, 2006 (155 Days)

All other history accurate up to Feb 20, 2006

World Tag Tam Champions

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/wwetag.jpg

Carlito and Chris Masters

Date Won: April 2, 2006

Title History

Kane and The Big Show Novemer 1, 2005 - April 2, 2006 (152 Days)

Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch September 18, 2005 - November 1, 2005 (44 Days)

All other history accurate up to Jan 1, 2006

WWE Women's Champion

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/wwewomen.jpg

Mickie James

Title History

Trish Stratus (6) January 9, 2005 - April 2, 2006 (448 Days)

Lita December 6, 2004 - January 9, 2005 (34 Days)

All other history accurate up to Jan 9, 2006

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/PPVs/WWESmackdown1.jpg

World Heavyweight Champion

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/biggoldnwa2.jpg

Rob Van Dam

Title History

Randy Orton (2) January 10, 2006 - April 2, 2006 (82 Days)

VACANT January 10, 2006 - January 10, 2006

Batista April 3, 2005 - January 10, 2006 (282 Days)

All title history accurate up to Jan 10, 2006

WWE United States Champion

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/wweus.jpg

Chris Beniot

Date Won: February 19, 2006

Title History

Booker T January 10, 2006 - February 19, 2006 (40 Days)

All title history accurate up to Feb 19, 2006

WWE Tag Team Champions

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/wwetagteam.jpg

Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury

Date Won: December 27, 2005

Title History

Batista and Rey Mysterio December 13, 2005 - December 27, 2005 (14 Days)

All title history accurate up to Jan 1, 2006

WWE Cruiserweight Champion

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/wwecruiser.jpg

Gregory Helms

Date Won: January 29, 2006

Title History

Kid Kash December 18, 2005 - January 29, 2006 (42 Days)

All title history accurate up to Jan 29, 2006

Annual Honors

Royal Rumble

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/wwerumble.jpg

Rob Van Dam

Date Won: January 29, 2006

All history accurate up to Jan 1, 2006

Money in the Bank

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/wwemitb-1.jpg

Bobby Lashley

Date Won: April 6, 2006

2005 Winner Edge

All history accurate up to Jan 1, 2006

.::Before we begin I would like to let everyone know we will be starting this diary the night of Wrestlemania 22. And from there on the real fun will begin. This first post will be the build up to Wrestlemania 22 with the card and then tomorrow at some point I will get the show up. My RAWs and SmackDowns will have shorter write ups than the Pay Per Views. Im not sure if many remember but I tried doing this about 3 years ago and would love to be able to get it going again. So without further delay, I will start with the "how we got here" post. And while I am thinking about it. I will be using Chris Beniot in this diary. I know he leaves a bad taste in the mouths of many bt I am using this as strictly a wrestling diary. I hope everyone understands::.

Prologue

2005 saw the rise of new young stars John Cena, Edge and Dave Batista, and the unfortunate death of Eddie Guerrero. 2006 was shaping up to be a transitional year for the company and in January the 'new blood' of the WWE began to take prominence.

RAW

At New Year’s Revolution John Cena retained the WWE Championship in a brutal Elimination Chamber Match...only for Edge to cash in the Money in the Bank Contract and stun the crowd to win his first WWE Championship! Three weeks later, he would be challenged by John Cena in a rematch at the Royal Rumble and the Rated R Superstar was able to get the upperhand on Cena once more and retain the championship following a low blow and using the ropes for leverage. Cena would not be denied another opportunity at the WWE Championship however. He me Triple H in the finals of a tournament to decide the challenger of Edge’s WWE Championship at Wrestlemania, but it was the WWE Champion himself who would have the final say. He caused both men to be DQed, which led to Vince McMahon creating a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 22.

Shawn Michaels became a thorn in the side of Vince McMahon who wanted to prove that he could make and then break any WWE superstar on the roster. This led to the Spirit Squad, the personal cheerleaders of the McMahon family to eliminating Shawn from the Royal Rumble Match, and Shane McMahon defeating Shawn Michaels in a match on RAW. Shawn was out to prove that despite not being as young as he was in ’97, he could bring back the attitude that made him famous, and he challenged Vince to a match at Wrestlemania. And Vince accepted the challenge with one of his own…a handicap match that also included Vince’s own son Shane McMahon.

WWE Women’s Champion Trish Stratus had long been the target of stalker/fan Mickie James throughout the months that closed out 2005. Mickie proved to be more than a fan when she and Lita defeated Trish and her protégé Ashley Massaro in a tag team match at New Year’s Revolution. Her stock further rose when he went on an impressive winning streak that included wins over Massaro, Lita, and even a Non-Title victory over the Women’s Champion. The two are scheduled to meet one another for the Women’s Championship at Wrestlemania.

SmackDown!

For SmackDown!, 2006 began as a roller coaster ride with World Heavyweight Champion Batista being forced to relinquish the championship through injury (one that will see him sidelined for a couple months) and Randy Orton regaining the championship in an over the top Battle Royal on the January 10th edition of SmackDown! At the Royal Rumble he retained the championship over Bobby Lashley and also retained the title against the Undertaker at No Way Out (more on that later). But his next challenge will come in the form of the 2006 Royal Rumble winner Rob Van Dam! The former Intercontinental Champion eliminated Triple H to win the honor of main eventing the Showcase of the Immortals when he challenges for the World Title.

Kurt Angle made it a point to finally win the Royal Rumble and once again return to the main event of Wrestlemania, but one man ended that in dramatic fashion, The Undertaker. After being eliminated Kurt took his fury out on the Deadman and made sure that he was the next to go in the Rumble and then at No Way Out, he cost him the opportunity to win his first World Heavyweight Championship by aiding Randy Orton. Now two of the most decorated superstars in the history of the WWE will finally meet one-on-one at Wrestlemania in a highly anticipated singles contest.

United States Champion Chris Beniot won the title on February 19 and has defended it like a true champion against all comers. After losing back-to-back weeks against JBL and Booker T, Beniot put forth the challenge of defended his title in a Triple Threat Match at Wrestlemania as well, that was until Dave Finlay pinned Beniot himself. Now Beniot will defend the United States Championship against 3 men at Wrestlemania, in one of the most daunting tasks in his young reign as United States Champion.

Full Card for Wrestlemania 22

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/PPVs/WWEWrestlemania22.jpg

World Heavyweight Championship

Randy Orton© vs Rob Van Dam

WWE Championship

Edge© vs John Cena vs Triple H

The Undertaker vs Kurt Angle

Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon vs Shawn Michaels

WWE Women’s Championship

Trish Stratus© vs Mickie James

WWE United States Championship

Chris Beniot© vs John Bradshaw Layfield vs Booker T vs Finlay

World Tag Team Championship

The Big Show and Kane© vs Chris Masters and Carlito

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Shelton Benjamin vs Tyson Tomko vs Eugene vs Bobby Lashley vs Rey Mysterio vs Matt Hardy

• 2 weeks later...

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/PPVs/WWEWrestlemania22.jpg

Wrestlemania 22

Chicago, IL

April 2, 2006

Wrestlemania 22 started off as every other Wrestlemania began, with a tapestry of fireworks and lights and the roar of nearly 18,000 fans in the Allstate Arena in Chicago. The theme of “Big Time” could not have resonated any more clearly than what it had been at this point with the event having a ‘big feel’ about it.

Jim Ross – “Ladies and gentlemen, we welcome you wherever you are to the grandest spectacle in sports entertainment; this is Wrestlemania 22! I am Jim Ross and as always sitting next to me is my broadcast partner and friend Jerry “The King’ Lawler!”

Jerry Lawler – “This is it JR, this is Wrestlemania! I can feel the electricity in the air and you just feel that is going to be another special night from RAW and Smackdown!”

Jim Ross – “King we have three huge title matches from RAW, including the first ever Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship at a Wrestlemania, and Shawn Michaels getting in the ring against both of the McMahon men.”

Jerry Lawler – “JR, I have been one of the few who has stood behind Edge during his reign as WWE Champion but he will be up against it all when faces Triple H and John Cena. And as far as HBK goes, he will have his hands full with not only Shane, but the boss himself Mr. McMahon.”

Jim Ross – “Before we get the action underway, let’s send you to Michael Cole and Taz over at the Smackdown announce table.”

Michael Cole – “Thank you JR and welcome once again ladies and gentlemen to the Showcase of the Immortals, Wrestlemania 22. I am Michael Cole and alongside of me is Taz and partner, it must be an emotional night for you as you will get to call the main event of Wrestlemania when your friend and former ECW mate Rob Van Dam challenges for the World Heavyweight Championship against World Champion Randy Orton!”

Taz – “Cole I am so pumped for RVD tonight and of course I wish him the best of luck. Now Im gonna be honest, it will be hard for me to remain impartial and unbiased, but as a former ECW guy I would love to see RVD reach the top of the mountain and win the World Title.”

Michael Cole – “We have a long way to before we get there but let’s kick off Wrestlemania 22 with the Fatal Four Way Match for the United States Championship!”

WWE United States Championship Fatal Four Way Match

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/wweus.jpg

Chris Beniot© vs Booker T vs Finlay vs John Bradshaw Layfield

There was no championship advantage at all for the U.S. Champion Chris Beniot in this match, but the Rabid Wolverine was always one to overcome the odds in the wrestling ring. In the early goings of the match, the three challengers looked to keep Beniot in the ring and wear down the champion, and it was a strategy that worked well for them. That was, until, they finally realized that they needed to pin or make him tap out to win the title and not allow the other three men to take advantage of that opportunity themselves. JBL was the first man to deal a blow to Finlay and Booker which opened up the match a little and gave Beniot the rest he finally needed. Being the fighting champion was though, he did not rest long and took the fight to all three of his challengers. JBL nearly decapitated Finlay with a Clothesline From Hell and looked to steal the United States Championship. As he covered Finlay, Booker T came from the top rope with a Harlem Hangover to break up the pin! But karma is a b**** and when Booker went to pin Finlay himself, Beniot came flying nearly three quarters of the way across the ring and delivered a Diving Headbutt! He rolled Booker off of Finlay and locked him in the Crippler Crossface! Booker T tried to fight his way out of the hold and even roll over, but the tenacity of the Rabid Wolverine was too much for him. Beniot kept his hands clasped together and Booker was forced to tap out.

Chris Beniot retains the WWE United States Championship in 13:27 B-

Vince McMahon and his son Shane McMahon stand in the backstage area of the Allstate Arena with Vince’s daughter Stephanie McMahon. Vince and Shane gloated about their numbers advantage over Shawn Michaels and how Vince would prove that HE alone was Mr. Wrestlemania B Rating.

World Tag Team Championship Match

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/wwetag.jpg

Kane and The Big Show© vs Carlito and Chris Masters

Arguably the most dominant tag team champions in the modern era, Kane and The Big Show exerted their dominance over their smaller opponents in the early goings by toying with them as if they were rag dolls. It was almost embarrassing for the challengers as they barely were able to get much offense in at the beginning of the match…until The Big Show stunned not only the Chicago fans but his tag team partner when he grabbed the Big Red Monster by the throat and tried to choke the life out of him. Carlito and Masters stood back from the action and were in shock when Big Show lifted Kane into the air and slammed him back first onto the mat! The fans pelted the Big Show with a chorus of boos and there was even some garbage thrown into the ring as well. Show merely laughed them off and made his way out of the ring and towards the backstage area. Carlito went to cover Kane, but astonishingly he kicked out at two! The challengers couldn’t believe it but took the advantage that had been given to them and finally put Kane down. Carlito hit a Back Stabber on Kane before tagging in Masters who applied the deadly Master Lock. Having taken so much punishment, Kane simply passed out from the hold!

Chris Masters and Carlito win the World Tag Team Championship in 9:27 B-

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/wwemitb-1.jpg

Tyson Tomko vs Eugene vs Shelton Benjamin vs Johnny Nitro vs Bobby Lashley vs Matt Hardy

For the second Wrestlemania running, the Money in the Bank Ladder Match was going to help launch a current WWE superstar to what could be main event status, much like it had done to the current WWE Champion Edge. Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin looked to be the veteran of the match, but no man had as much experience in the ladder match than Matt Hardy. There were plenty of Holy Sh*t moments for the fans to cheer for in the match, including Shelton’s amazing run across the ladder that led to dive onto the remaining competitors on the outside of the ring area. The match’s two big men climbed a ladder in the middle of the ring at the same time and began to exchange rights and lefts at the top of the ladder. The unlikely duo of Matt Hardy and Rey Mysterio flew from the top rope to dropkick both men off of the top of the ladder. Eugene and his unorthodox offense wowed the fans and kept his competitors on their toes when he delivered a Rock Bottom from the ladder down to the mat onto Shelton Benjamin. Tyson Tomko looked like it was going to be him that would win the contract but the ultimate underdog Rey Mysterio delivered a picture perfect Hurricanrana from off the ladder that sent both men crashing down to the mat. This allowed Bobby Lashley to climb to the top of the ladder and get his big hands on the Money in the Bank briefcase and pull it down!

Bobby Lashley wins the Money in the Bank Ladder Match in 16:15 B-

Alongside the beautiful Lita, the WWE Champion Edge stood backstage with Josh Matthews. As always, the arrogant champion seemed to be unafraid of the task before him, even though it was going to be against former champion John Cena and 10-time World/WWE Triple H. Edge even went on record to declare that he would walk away from the Allstate Arena with the WWE Championship around his waist, and promised another “Live Sex” celebration on RAW with Lita if he were to retain the title. B= Rating

WWE Women’s Championship Match

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/wwewomen.jpg

Trish Stratus© vs Mickie James

Quite possibly one of the finest Women’s Champions of her generation, Trish Stratus went up against a very unorthodox challenger in her fan/stalker Mickie James. It was almost as if the WWE fans were watching two of the same women wrestle each other as the two had a very similar styles and Mickie used many of the moves that helped Trish dominate the Women’s division for many years. Mickie even snuck in a kiss on the cheek of Trish, to continue with the mind games that had set the tone for much of this rivalry. Ashley Massaro made her way down to the ringside area to cheer on her mentor but her time at ringside was short lived when she fell victim to an accidental Chick Kick from Trish when Ashley got onto the ring apron. The momentary lapse in concentration gave Mickie James the opening she needed. Trish turned around after showing concern for Massaro and was dropped with a Chick Kick herself! Mickie pulled her into the middle of the ring and covered her 1…2…3! Everyone in the Allstate Arena cheered for Mickie as she pulled off arguably one of the biggest upsets in the history of the Women’s Championship.

Mickie James wins the WWE Women’s Championship in 11:15 B-

Josh Matthews was on interview duty again and this time it was with the ‘Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels. Shawn reminded everyone that despite what Mr. McMahon says, there can only be one Mr Wrestlemania and that he will once again rise to the occasion and go out put on the best show for the fans that he possibly can. B- Rating

Shawn Michaels vs Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon

It was not the wrestling classic that Shawn vs Bret was at Wrestlemania 12 or Shawn vs Angle at Wrestlemania 21, but Shawn delivered as he always did. Vince and Shane worked fairly well together as a tag team and made frequent tags in and out with one another. But when Vince was in the ring, Shawn became a different man, someone many fans hadn’t seen in many years. Shawn was rolling back the clock and there was an aggressive side in him that Mr. McMahon brought out in him. Near the end of the match, Shawn accidentally clocked referee Nick Patrick with a Sweet Chin Music, leading to Vince and Shane double teaming Shawn every chance they got. But what shocked the fans the most was in when Shane Douglas stunned the crowd and jumped from the crowd with an ‘event staff’ shirt on. He grabbed a steel chair and clocked Shawn Michaels with it! Vince applauded his efforts and covered Shawn while Douglas went and picked up the referee. Patrick’s hand came down once and then twice but Shawn was able to kick out! All three of them were stunned that Shawn had not stayed down. Vince ordered Shawn to be hit again and Shane held HBK as Douglas reared back with the chair. Michaels ducked the shot as Shane was blasted by Douglas! The crowd cheered as Vince looked on, stunned. Shawn quickly dropped Shane Douglas with a Sweet Chin Music before turning his attention back to Mr. McMahon. Vince tried to leave the ring but Shawn grabbed him by the back of the head and pulled him into the middle of the ring. Shawn delivered a few right hands and kept Vince on the back foot. Vince tried to beg Shawn to let up the punishment but Shawn was not having it. He grabbed the chair and struck Vince with while the referee was still trying to get his bearings. Shawn stood over Vince and began to tune up the band and prepare for Sweet Chin Music. Vince slowly got to his feet, a small trickle of blood coming down his head. Shawn measured him and nailed him with the kick right to the side of the head! Shawn covered as Nick Patrick crawled over to him 1….2….3! Shawn celebrated and stood over Vince and did the infamous ‘D-X crotch chop’!

Shawn Michaels wins in 15:06 C

Interpromotional Match

Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker

Two of the biggest stars on their respective shows were finally meeting on the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania. Kurt had a personal vendetta ever since Taker eliminated him at the Royal Rumble, and Kurt took it one step further when he cost the Undertaker the World Title back at No Way Out. The two put on a great match and was regarded as the Match of the Night by many in attendance. Kurt tried to keep the match on the mat the best that he could, but the pure striking ability of the Undertaker forced Angle to try and change up his style of wrestling. Kurt began to go after the ankles of the Undertaker to try and ground the big man, but at every attempt he would make the Dead Man would keep him at a distance with either one swing of his right hand or a big boot. Kurt looked to become close to ending the streak when he finally slapped on the Ankle Lock right in the middle of the ring and grape vined his legs around the legs of the Undertaker! The upper body strength of the Undertaker was awesome, and he crawled to the ropes and grabbed the bottom rope. Reluctantly, Kurt let go and a few moments later found himself possibly going for his Last Ride! Taker’s ankle gave out and Kurt quickly transitioned it over to the Angle Slam! He covered, but at the last second Taker kicked out and kept the Streak alive. Kurt was furious and waited for The Undertaker to get up to his feet and attempted a second Angle Slam. Undertaker rolled down the back of Kurt and spun him around. He scooped him up in his arms and set him up for the Tombstone Piledriver! He walked to the middle of the ring and dropped Angle on his head! Taker put Angle’s hands on his chest as Charles Robinson counted the 3-count!

The Undertaker wins in 17:22 B+

John Cena stood backstage, to a mixed reaction from the Chicago fans, alongside of him was the interviewer of the night Josh Matthews. Cena was pumped and hyped and ready to take back the WWE Championship from Edge, the same championship that he felt was stolen from him back at New Year’s Revolution. He promised that he would stop at nothing to regain the championship. A Rating

WWE Championship Triple Threat Match

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/wweratedr.jpg

Edge© vs John Cena vs Triple H

The Rated-R Superstar Edge was in trouble from the opening bell in this match as Triple H and Cena took the match to him right away. Both challengers took their turn beating down Edge, neither worrying about the other too much. Lita was doing her best to cheer her man on but the double team work from the challengers kept Edge on the mat at the beginning of the match. Finally, it was Triple H who turned on Cena and made the match much more open than it had previously been. All three men had their turns dominating portions of the match but the match turned around when Triple H began to take apart the Spanish announce table. He dragged Cena outside and set him up on the table. Edge left the ring and joined him and the wheels began to turn in both of their heads. Triple H set Cena up for a Piledriver and Edge merely helped The Game Piledrive Cena onto and through the Spanish Announce table! With Cena out of the picture, Triple H and Edge did everything they could to try and end the match with their other competitor incapacitated. But the heart and desire of John Cena proved to be too much and after Edge took down Triple H with a Spear, Cena stunned the champion by breaking up the pin attempt! Edge became enraged and took out his frustration on Cena. That proved to be his downfall as Cena was able to avoid a Spear and get Edge up on his shoulders and deliver a thunderous F-U! Cena was not able to follow up with a pin right away, but when he finally could cover Edge, he only got a two count. Triple H got back to his feet and began to put the boots to both men before turning his attention to Cena. John fought back and put Triple H on his shoulders to deliver an F-U to him, but HHH was able to force his way off of Cena’s shoulders and set him up for a Pedigree! He hooked his arms and dropped Cena on his head for the second time in the match. When he made the cover though, Lita got onto the ring apron to distract the referee. The Chicago fans counted aloud as Edge rolled back into the ring with the WWE title belt and hit Hunter in the back of the head with it! He slid the belt back out of the ring and covered Cena as Lita jumped off the apron. The referee turned around and got in position and counted the 1, 2, 3!

Edge retains the WWE Championship in in 17:13 B

After a video package hyping the main event of Wrestlemania 22, World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton stood tall and proud with the World Title over his shoulder. There was an air of confidence about the champion that let everyone in the Allstate Arena know he was ready for the challenge of Rob Van Dam, someone he has beaten before. And he promised the fans that he would not let his record against RVD take a hit tonight. B Rating

World Heavyweight Championship Match

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/Belts/biggoldnwa2.jpg

Randy Orton© vs Rob Van Dam

On paper it may have looked like a prince vs pauper, but Rob Van Dam would have argued that point until he was blue in the face. The former ECW TV Champion and WWE Intercontinental Champion proved to the WWE fans that this was indeed his time after outlasting 29 other men to win the Royal Rumble and earn this shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. Conversely though, the World Champion Randy Orton had done all he could to retain the title over the last couple of months and used those same tactics in this match as well with a variety of eye gouges, cheap shots and even a couple of low blows when the referee wasn’t looking. That didn’t stop Rob Van Dam from fighting through and kept taking the fight to Orton and was out to prove that he did belong. The 2-time World Champion may have been a better technical wrestler but the unorthodox style of his challenger kept him on his toes throughout most of the match with a variety of kicks and twists and his unique flexibility. Van Dam event went Coast-to-Coast at one point, with one of his boots causing blood to trickle from the nose of the World Champion. It was almost as if the sight of blood woke up the champion who became much more aggressive as the match wore on as he tried to put down his challenger. He set RVD up on the top rope and looked to end the match with a RKO from the top rope! Van Dam fought back though with well-placed forearms to the already bloody nose of Orton and sent him crashing from the top rope to the mat below. Van Dam poised himself and leapt from the turnbuckle and landed the always beautiful 5 Star Frog Splash across the body of the champion. Rob rolled back onto Orton and hooked his leg. The Chicago crowd counted along with referee Charles Robinson 1…2…3! The crowd roared as Van Dam finally realized his dream of becoming the World Champion!

Rob Van Dam wins the World Heavyweight Title in 18:35 B

Quick Results

Chris Beniot retained the WWE U.S. Championship in a Fatal Four Way Match (B-)

Chris Masters and Carlito def. Kane and The Big Show© to win the World Tag Team Championship (B-)

Bobby Lashley won the Money in the Bank Ladder Match (B-)

Mickie James def. Trish Stratus© to win the WWE Women’s Championship (B-)

Shawn Michaels def. Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon ©

The Undertaker def. Kurt Angle (B+) *Match of the Night*

Edge© def. John Cena and Triple H to retain the WWE Championship (B)

Rob Van Dam def. Randy Orton© to win the World Heavyweight Championship (B)

Overall Grade B

3.22 Buyrate

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/PPVs/WWE01.jpg</span><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

Well, with Wrestlemania 22 behind us, here are some of the roster shake ups from the WWE Hierarchy.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Hirings</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

<strong>Sara Del Ray</strong> has signed with the WWE to a developmental contract and will report to OVW to learn the WWE way of professional wrestling.</p><p>

<strong>Shane Douglas</strong> has also been signed and he made his return to the WWE as many saw last night at Wrestlemania.</p><p>

<strong>A mystery man</strong> is currently in the advanced stages of contract negotiations with the WWE and will hopefully look to sign with the company in the up and coming weeks.</p><p>

Current NWA World Tag Team Champions <strong>Chris Harris and James Storm</strong> have also been contacted about possible contracts with the WWE, as well as independent stars <strong>Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley</strong>!</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Releases</strong></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p><strong>Jon Heidenreich, Road Warrior Animal, and Roddy Piper</strong> have all been released from their current contracts, and the WWE wishes them all the best in their future endeavors.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Roster Moves</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

<strong>Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat and Tatanka</strong> have been relocated to OVW and DSW respectively to help continue training the next generation of WWE stars.</p><p>

Be on the lookout for some OVW and DSW workers to possbly make their way to main roster in the near future, possibly as soon as this month! Former independent standout <strong>CM Punk</strong> has been vocal about getting a shot on the main roster and WWE management is willing to give the young man his shot at making a name for himself.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/tcox88/PPVs/WWERaw1.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">RAW Preview</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> Last night was yet another example of why Wrestlemania is the greatest spectacle in sports entertainment. Shawn Michaels proved why he is and will always be the one and only 'Mr. Wrestlemania', but Vince McMahon showed that he had a trick or two up his sleeve when Shane Douglas stunned the Allstate Arena and attacked HBK. This week, RAW will air live from the Allstate Arena for the second consecutive night and Shawn Michaels will be in action against Vince's new man Shane Douglas. Shawn has let Vinnie Mac know that he too has something up his sleeve and that he has made a couple of phone calls. What could this mean for Vince McMahon and his war against The Heartbreak Kid?</p><p> </p><p> WWE Champion Edge successfully retained the WWE Championship, albeit controversially over Triple H and John Cena last night at Wrestlemania and he promised to bring about yet another 'Live Sex' celebration to the RAW viewership. However, both of his challengers from the Triple Threat Match last night will be in action as we are less than three weeks away from Backlash! Triple H and John Cena will battle it out in a one-on-one match to determine the #1 Contender for Edge's WWE Championship.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>NEW</strong> WWE Women's Champion Mickie James has told WWE Officials that she wants to be an even better champion than Trish Stratus ever was and she will be defending the championship she won less than 24 hours after winning it. It will be Mickie James defending the WWE Women's Title against Ashley Massaro live on RAW!</p><p> </p><p> The Big Show will also be in action after his shocking turn on his former World Tag Team Championship partner Kane. Show will be facing the unorthodox Eugene, while his former partner Kane will be locking horns with the always dangerous Tyson Tomko!</p><p> </p><p> Five huge matches signed so far for RAW tonight, including Edge's promise for 'Live Sex 2'. Tune in to RAW this Monday night live from Chicago as the aftermath of Wrestlemania 22 unfolds and the WWE heads towards Backlash!</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38396" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Confirmed Matches for RAW</strong><p> Shawn Michaels vs Shane Douglas</p><p> </p><p> WWE Women's Championship</p><p> Mickie James vs Ashley Massaro</p><p> </p><p> The Big Show vs Eugene</p><p> </p><p> Kane vs Tyson Tomko</p><p> </p><p> WWE Championship #1 Contender's Match</p><p> Triple H vs John Cena</p><p> </p><p> Edge and Lita's Live Sex Celebration</p></div></blockquote>

Archived