ThunderVerse 2014 Platinum Release Thread

THUNDERVERSE 2014 PLATINUM EDITION RELEASE THREAD

Current Version: P1.01

(LATEST DATA IS AVAILABLE IN THE THREAD'S SECOND POST)

http://i.imgur.com/jG7Oe4q.jpg

Created by The ThunderVerse Team*

Based on the original 2010 mod by jhd1 & Shmoe

"In recognition of its extraordinary quality and the massive amount of effort that its creative team put into it, I'm pleased to announce that I and Grey Dog Software are giving the ThunderVerse our official 'seal of approval', the first time we've done this for a fan-made database. I hope this encourages more people to play it and experience this great game world." - Adam Ryland

KNOWN ISSUES TO BE FIXED

-Brit Riley has 0 resilience (should be 68).

-Sharif Awar should be a 2015 graduate of the AWF School of Wrestling dojo.

INTRODUCTION

The ThunderVerse is a fan-made mod for TEW2013 that has been available, in some form or other, since 2012 and TEW2010. Much like the Cverse, the ThunderVerse features fictional characters and wrestling promotions, while offering a different universe to play.

This is the Platinum Edition of the ThunderVerse - it has been adjusted and tweaked into what we believe is not only the most in-depth version of the mod, but also the most accurate to our vision. As such, there are some changes that previous ThunderVerse players will notice (some of which are listed below), but this version of the mod is the only one that should be considered "canon".

The main idea behind the ThunderVerse is to offer the player choice (and of course fun!), and there should be something for everyone in the universe we have created, particularly as it now spans all seven of the game's regions.

WHAT IS NEW

-When the ThunderVerse first launched it had 700 workers in it. There are now more than three-times that amount with a total at almost 2400!

-When the ThunderVerse launched there were three areas, thanks to the incorporation (albeit with some tweaking) of the ROTW mod, this now covers all seven in-game regions.

-There are more mod-specific angles, matches and locations.

-The ThunderVerse contains mod-specific TV networks, PPV carriers, Media Groups, angles and matches.

-A large number of title lineages have been reworked to offer more realistic reign lengths.

-All title lineages should now contain week information, allowing the player to see exactly when a title reign was won, and to make the lineages flow better once the game has started.

-A number of "FAMOUS" angles have been added should you wish to recreate great (or at least, notable!) moments from ThunderVerse history in your own promotion.

-With a few exceptions, every location in the game is ThunderVerse specific. Europe, in particular, has undergone a massive transformation as the various countries within each region now have both their own venues, and their own language settings.

TIPS, TRICKS & NOTES

-With the new mechanics in TEW2013 I think Worker Generation being on is a must for the mod. In 2010 (where the AI created workers weren't always as strong) we successfully tested ten years with it set to Low, so how many new workers you want is entirely up to you.

-By the same token, I would leave Regens on. Sure, it's a bit odd seeing a 19 year-old Terry Thunder but it helps to world flow, especially with the new Legacy settings.

-The bigger Japanese promotions have already had their rosters split into Heavyweight and Junior Divisions for ease of use via the filter system.

-All 23 of the 2012 Become A Star participants are graduates of the Become A Star dojo. It is no longer active, but by filtering the dojo page by Retired/Inactive you'll find it. Double clicking on the name will open said individual's bio, so you can quickly hire all 23 should you so wish. Similarly, the GAW Return Of A Legend competition entries are graduates of a dojo of the same name.

-For people who are using their own promotion, or would like to add an additional belt to their current promotion, MJStark has kindly provided a number of generic title belts that are included within the ThunderVerse download.

DISCLAIMER

We would appreciate it if people did not make a mirror of any release of the ThunderVerse - this allows us to keep control of which version is available and, in theory, to keep the mod to this forum. As I'm sure you understand, a lot of work has gone into this and we would like to retain its control!

CREDITS

*The ThunderVerse Team is
James0, jhd1, MichiganHero, MJStark, RareKuma, Sebsplex, Shmoe, and TheEnforcer
. A huge thanks also goes to Platinum version testers
Andy_Kobain, Bigpapa42, Midnightnick, and pteroid.

The ThunderVerse and it's sister projects, the LotharioVerse and ROTW, could not have been created without the help of
20LEgend, Andy_Kobain, angeldelayette, Bigpapa42, Eastwood, Kamchatka, LoNdOn, Tigerkinney
and
Trell

We would also like to thank
Weidt
for allowing the ThunderVerse to feature a few crossovers with his excellent WMMA3 mod, the Weidtverse.

Finally, a big thank you to
Sockpuppet
for allowing the use of his excellent Injury Mod within the ThunderVerse.

THUNDERVERSE DIARIES & RELATED THREADS- 2014

If anyone would like their ThunderVerse diary linked below, please send me a PM.

DIARIES

by foolinc

by MichiganHero

by MJStark

by kanegan

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, just noticed. You need to rename "Johnny Hollywood_alt" by adding a "1" to the end. Not sure why it's missing it.

For reference, I will collect any issues like that in the first post of the thread, and we'll upload a patch once enough have been found.

I was HONESTLY planning on writing more of my dynasty tonight, but that's just been moved back a bit.

I've just started a game with BCW and refuse to actually look at any other promotions because just quickly checking out DINGO and the UK feds makes me think I should switch; EVERYTHING looks amazing!

Ultra-minor note - Colton Holloway's bio says he became BCW head booker in 2012, but the fed didn't open until 2014. Just thought I'd mention it.

Ultra-minor note - Colton Holloway's bio says he became BCW head booker in 2012, but the fed didn't open until 2014. Just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for the kind words. Regarding the above, well spotted! I've fixed it for a future update. You wouldn't believe that I sat down and read every single one of the bios in the mod for errors would you :p

Also should CWT have TV? Seven Brandt's bio said he left with one reason being because of their lack of TV yet they start the game with the deal in place, though it is a very small one.

Yes. They lost their national TV slot, but JD Briscoe managed to get them back on TV on a smaller slot. It's one of those things where unfortunately there's not enough space for everything you want to write! JD Briscoe's bio explains the situation a bit better.

Question:

Does this version have all of the Thunderverses together?

Effectively it does, yes. This is the first time the ThunderVerse has had a canon presence in all regions. So the ROTW characters may appear, but this is the mod to see as the "official" version of them.

Minor note: Not sure if this is intentional but AWF match lengths are set for 6-6-6 on TV shows.

Also: THIS IS AWESOME!

It is. The reason being that during the Attitude Era (which is usually the time associated with the AWF) matches barely lasted that long! It seemed silly penalising the AWF for not having long enough matches with their product and style.

Also, I noticed that none of Finnish Fury have any relations with each other even though their bios mention that they're childhood friends.

Will fix for a future update, thanks.