[Release] nGo: Generations

No, there's not. Not in the pic pack I've downloaded... Under "The M", there's only The Missing Link and The Mongolian Stomper.

I'm guessing you don't have the latest download then because you're also missing The Masked Avatar, The Master, The Messiah, The Miz, and the Mummy. The download in the first post is the most up to date.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

nGo Generations Expansion June 10th, 2015

nGo Generations update: June 10th, 2015

What's in the pack? Over 2000 organic pictures. The pack includes people, logos, titles and tv pics, but the vast majority is people.

How big is the file? Thanks to my image optimizer program, it is 12 MB.

What type of cuts are these? It's a mashup really. There are worker cuts here from the 1980s up to the modern day. There are a lot of "fixes" to files that were sized poorly originally or were bad pictures. (Thanks to Oyaji on a lot of those in particular)

Who contributed to this? A huge thank you to Oyaji and Taker, both for their efforts in cutting but also to Oyaji in his efforts on renaming files.

Can you explain the style and naming system? First on the style, I don't strive for 100% uniformity in sizes. I've noticed some work done by others designed to go for this style has everyone ultra zoomed in. I TRY, though not always successfully, to add some kayfabe size to the pictures. You should notice in game that Big Show is much bigger than say Shane Helms.

As to the naming, I have transitioned (though not entirely) to using a year naming system. For 80s or 90s it should be 8 or 9 and then the second part of the year. For the 2000s it should be 2kXX for the year. Now, this is not 100%, especially since the transition happened late and contributors weren't aware of it.

nGo is HUGE! There are a lot of pictures I know. I'm sorry for a lot of the alternates of guys that are my favorites. Feel free to delete anything you don't like lol. :) Variety is the spice of life and I'm a visual person. I change pictures A LOT when I play and guys I like (Sting, HBK, Steve Williams, etc.) have a lot of alternate shots. When people send me stuff to add that is beautiful I can't ignore it!

What's next for nGo Generations? There are two planned updates after this one though I don't know the date. The first is a full "modern expansion." This update will ONLY include picture files from about 2004 forward. It's a WIP right now and I'd love any help I can get on it. I just don't know a lot of workers well enough to search for images and not create a ton of duplicates as I haven't followed wrestling closely in a decade now.

The second update will probably be much smaller and will be designed to fill any gaps that occur when I release my next mod. (Yet to be announced to the public)

Link: nGo Generations Update June 10th, 2015

As always on any work I do, feedback, error spotting, criticism (constructive) and contributions are always welcome. I'll re-iterate here in case anyone skips the wall of text above me:

Special Thanks to Oyaji and Taker for all their work!

Looking for people to help find source images or put into template for modern workers!

If you want to make some pictures, don't get too zoom happy!

Does this update contain the image packs Taker has released in his thread? I'm just asking so I can make sure not do any overlaps.

His pictures are not considered "canon" but many of them are implemented here. Not all of them though, so the answer is probably that there would be overlaps/incompatibility with some of Taker's work.

I apologize for that. Oyaji did a lot of work to bring many of Taker's cuts into the pack, but ultimately not all of them made it for one reason or another.

I didn't realize Taker had done belts, tv, etc. so I will go ahead and incorporate all of those as they are really great work and release a small ancillary update for people who don't have them if he is cool with that. I won't rename any of them unless there is incompatibility though.

He does a lot of good work. The reasons not all of his people cuts got in are:

1) I already know that nGo is "too big." LOL

2) Some are just too zoomed in

3) Some just weren't "different" enough which is already a line I struggle with! lol

I didn't realize Taker had done belts, tv, etc. so I will go ahead and incorporate all of those as they are really great work and release a small ancillary update for people who don't have them if he is cool with that. I won't rename any of them unless there is incompatibility though.

He does a lot of good work. The reasons not all of his people cuts got in are:

1) I already know that nGo is "too big." LOL

2) Some are just too zoomed in

3) Some just weren't "different" enough which is already a line I struggle with! lol

It can never be too big...unless it meets the file limit TEW can't handle :p

I just amended by own update to include all of his belts, logos, tv and events. Sorry if you already downloaded. It's truly done now. Link is still the same, only change is those ancillary files.

I'm happy to hear it's not too big, I try to avoid bloating the file but I can't help it lol.

I just amended by own update to include all of his belts, logos, tv and events. Sorry if you already downloaded. It's truly done now. Link is still the same, only change is those ancillary files.

I'm happy to hear it's not too big, I try to avoid bloating the file but I can't help it lol.

Yeah, definitely not too big. The more pictures (and options) the merrier!

Great stuff! I'm totally gonna phase out some of my custom-made pictures in my 2004 diary for these. It's got such a more authentic feel.

How can I help you find pictures/insert them into templates? I'd be happy to help out where I can, especially for the mid-2000s people as I'm totally selfish.