The Life and Times of Matt Sparrow

My name is Matt Sparrow i am currently an enhancement talent for Dave I get 100 bucks when i wrestle and i have less than 4 months to make an impression. Dave has a TV show and if i do well enough the sky is the limit. If i fail here i may have to get a real job. Wish me luck

my first match is against bodyguard/wrestler Hell's Bouncer in a table match we beat each other from pillar to post for 22 minutes Matt Sparrow hit 27 of 34 low level moves, 3 of 7 medium moves 0 of 2 high moves 1 of 3 finshers Hell's Bouncher hit 14 of 19 low level moves 12 of 19 medium level moves 0 of 1 high level moves 0 of 5 finshers but he did hit a ddt through a table at the 22 minute mark to give Matt Sparrow a tough loss, the match did get a B- rating so hopefully the Bird Man will get another chance.

for those of you who are not familar with the bird man Matt Sparrow here are his stats over US:22 0 everywhere else spirit=10 power=10 technique=26 speed=72 psychology=62 stamina=42 toughness=50 charisma=66 microphone=64 saftey=56 looks=52 respect=32

I get a week off to stew and think about what might have been The next show i have an interview and Acid comes out and interupts neither of us are impressing the crowd but i actually made people leave and demand a refund so Acid wins the verbal contest by default. Funny thing is tonight i am in a tag match and my partner is none other than Acid the same guy i was just trying to insult enough for the fans to care. Our oppennents are Hell's Bouncer and Teddy Powell(who normally tags with Sammy Bach in Adrenline Rush)

It is a match that looked like it was going to go Hell's Bouncer and Teddy Powell's way. Powell missed a side spinning kick which allowed Sparrow to mount some much needed offense hitting a knife edge chop, rear crossface blows, seated punch flurry, followed by a climb to the top rope then a Flying Double Axe handle, vertical suplex, rear crossface blows, seated punch flurry, another climb on the top rope and the flying headbutt for 3 count. Sparrow was on the offensive 25.1% of the match and on Defense 17.7% of the match hitting 14 of 20 low level moves, 5 of 6 medium moves 1 of 1 high level moves Acid offense 24.4% defense 32.5% hit 13 of 22 low level moves 4 of 7 medium level moves 0 of 1 high level moves Hell's Bouncer offense:22.2 defense 22.2 hit 16 of 22 low level moves 2 of 3 medium level moves 0 of 1 finshers Teddy Powell offensive 28.1 defensive 27.4 12 of 24 low level 3 of 5 medium 1 of 2 finishers was definatly a lucky win on our part but sometimes it is better to be lucky than good

well i get 3 weeks off to worry about my future with the company and then i finally get another match a 4 vs 4 (get all the young guys in the ring) Team sparrow consists of:Sparrow, Acid, Bouncer and Warrior we are going against Powell and Bach(adrenline rush) Java (warriors normal tag partner) and Brent Hill(pretty good wrestler who needs a break) after 42 minutes of action Hell's Bouncher hits a Double handed choke bomb for the win for Team Sparrow the match gets a b- rating

We get a match the very next show vs Java in a steel cage we are the 5th match on the card we never have been that far down before. At the 10 minute mark Java's engery is high while Sparrow's is dangerously low, and while Java is tiring, Sparrow is already tired, things are looking very bad for the bird man. At the 18 minute mark Java hits a 2nd Greetings from the Islands and is able to escape the cage and earn a well deserved victory. He spent 60% of the match beating the tar out of me.

I get to sit around backstage at the next 4 shows worried about my contract. I was really hoping to get a written contract but that changed to just wanting a job. In the end i was offered a 5 dollar raise for 1 year pay per appearnce deal which i took.

The Birdman next match is a 3 vs 2 match Guide, Java and Art Reed vs Doug Peak and Matt Sparrow I am unhappy with the booking we probally would have lost a 2 vs 2 match Java pins Doug Peak in 9 minutes D rated match We actually have a match for the monthly ppv. Its another 3 vs 2 match but this time my partner is nathan coleman and our oppenents are t-rex, black eagle, and kurt laramee. 27 minutes of action but Nathan Coleman gets a submission with a scorpian deathlock in a match which saw 5 exhausted and battered men make thier way back to the dressing room. C rated match

We are on the TV show in the 2nd match vs Tribal Warrior in a tables match at the 15 minute mark we hit a glittering magician knee and bust open Tribal Warrior. We get the table but miss the flying double footed stomp, Tribal Warrior tries to take advantage but we slip out, hit a forearm to the back of the head and try another flying double footed stomp thru the table but its avoided again, if at first you don't succeed fail and fail again this time after a slip out, forearm shot the flying double footed stomp thru the table lands and at 17 minutes Matt Sparrow beats the Tribal Warrior. The match got a C rating.

Our next match is a 4 vs 4 table elmination match T-Rex, Tank Bradley, Kurt Laramee, and Cliff Wilson vs Brent Hill, Matt Sparrow, Teddy Powell and Sammy Bach Things we going good for team sparrow but Laramee hit a sitout powerbomb onto a chair that left Teddy Powell a mess, He followed the move with a sitout powerbomb thru a table for the first elmination this would change the match as a Fresh Sammy Bach entered the ring furious about what just happened to his friend and Adrenline Rush partner he procedeed to clean house eliminating all 4 men by himself. a brutal 43 minute affair that got a C+ rating.

we get the TV show off before the PPV. I am shocked when i see the card there are 9 matches on the card. We are in the 6th match(that is good for enhancement talent) vs T-Rex a guy who i have been in the ring with before. He is 41 over so a win here would be nice. Its a No DQ table match, i have some problems setting up the table and T-Rex takes advantage hitting a ddt thru the table for the win at 17 minutes D rated match dissapointing loss, the birdman will have to bounce back

The Birdman gets 3 weeks off of tv to wonder about what is next for him. His next big chance to show his stuff is in a Tag Team Table Match. His partner is Acid and they are facing Savage Fury (Tribal Warrior and Java) Java hit: 4 of 8 low level moves Tribal Warrior hit 20 of 39 low level moves 4 of 6 medium level moves 1 of 1 finishers Acid hit 8 of 8 low level moves 6 of 15 medium level moves Matt Sparrow hit 40 of 49 low level moves 2 of 6 medium level moves Acid gets a DDT thru the table on Java for the win in 19 minutes and a C rating

In the last show of the year the birdman faces Grunt, it is a back and forth battle when at 19 minutes the birdman lands a Glittering Magician Knee and busts open Grunt and gets a 3 count. Match got a C+ rating. Matt Sparrow came in ranked at 297 of the top 500 wrestlers.

in an effort to stay to make some more money i have a tryout with SWF and its an opening match against Warlord Agony. I work on switching out some of my moves(have been using generic indy wrestler #4) and replaced the moves i don't have the ability to use. Hopefully i can get a good match. It is a table match- well the Birdman fought for 13 minutes but Agony was too much for him and put him through a table hopefully someone saw something they liked. Match got a C rating nope they don't have a spot for me but maybe Total Championship Wrestling does

My tryout for TCW is against Larry Vessey hopefully i can last a little longer in this match. It is a cage escape match. at the 20 minute mark i hit a glittering magician knee and make my escape from the cage with a big upset victory.(c+ match rating) well i guess i wasn't good enough as they tell me they don't have a spot on their roster for me.

i do manage to get jobs with some other US based promotions Costal Zone Championship Wrestling offers 200 dollasr 6 month contract as a main eventer face New York City Wrestling offers 240 dollars 1 year upper midcarder face United States Pro Wrestling offers 240 dollars 1 year upper midcarder heel so if i make those 3 shows i won't lose too much money(1000 dollars a month expenses)

my debut for NYCW has the birdman in a tag match with Fox Mask taking on the team of American Buffalo and Jungle Jack Facecrusher to Jungle Jack at 19 minutes almost got the win but another at 20 minutes and Birdman and Fox Mask get a victory(D rating)

CZCW has the Birdman in an interview and then a match vs Plague(AKA Black Eagle) Durning the interview Plague comes out and wins a verbal confrontation. at the 20 minute mark Matt Sparrow summons his fighting spirit and lands a facecrusher which busts Plauge open. The Birdman goes for the cover and gets a 3 count. (c+ rating)

Archived