[RELEASE] Territory Daze

Version 3.0

I know I suggested before that the next update may be for the next version of Total Extreme Wrestling as I turn my attention to Shifting Sands (2006), but I've been secretly working on an update and, after a lot of work, I think it's about time I released Territory Daze: Version 3.0. Once again, I just want to thank everyone who has downloaded/played Territory Daze thus far; as I've said before, I was amazed when we hit 100 but the last time I checked, Territory Daze had been downloaded by over 800 people which is just phenomenal to me. To know you guys are out there playing it (and hopefully enjoying it) makes all the hard work worth it and, more than anything, it inspires me to keep building it and to also work on other modifications for people to enjoy. I've added his name to my original post, but while I'm here I'll just like to give a shoutout to olympia who has been a great help in recent weeks/months, and been a great tester; I'm sure I was a bit frustrating at times (not putting all your ideas into action) but I hope you enjoy the modification and bare the fruits of your labour. Anyway, I'm sure you're not bothered about my nonsense so without further ado, here are the major changes that you'll find in Version 3.0:

New Workers
- I didn't keep a record of what the number was at before I began working on Version 3.0 but according to DanMTheMan, the number was at
and in Version 3.0, the number stands at
. That includes everybody that you, the GDS Community, asked to see in the modification, and a wide variety of Announcers and Colour Commentators to hopefully solve an issue previous versions of Territory Daze had. Two of the workers included are Jules Strongbow and Lou Klein who're both (semi) retired wrestlers who became head bookers of Hollywood Wrestling and BTW Detroit respectively. (Thanks go to alvarasus who brought Jules Strongbow to my attention.)

New Promotion
- I've added the
World Athletic Association
, which is the Arizona territory. Their roster isn't what I'd consider "complete" but I filled it out as best as I could, as I couldn't find a lot of (if any) information on a lot of the other names that were competing in the territory at this time. Along with the roster, I've also backdated the "Employment History" of everyone who's ever worked in the region while also adding championships, non-wrestling personnel and everything else the promotion needed to run.

Locations
- I've added a whole host of locations and also corrected most (I hope it's "all" but one can never be too sure) of the misplaced locations that were brought to my attention. Most of the misplaced locations were set in the "Great Lakes" areas as the drop-down box starts with "Great Lakes", thus explaining why they were generally set there when they shouldn't have been, as I'd obviously forget to set 'em at all.

Midget Wrestlers
- To better reflect their "spectacle" status, I've made every "Midget Wrestler" semi-active. It had come to my attention that some midgets were winning championships ahead of some of the biggest names in the world and, quite frankly, they were taking up spots on the roster that they shouldn't have.

And A Whole Lot More
- To be honest, I can't remember everything I've done because I've done so much. Here's a little run down of further things I've added/changed though: I've lowered/changed the statistics of some wrestlers (not everyone like I had planned, that's still on my "to-do list"), given most of the owners/head bookers loyalty to the promotion they promote/book to stop the merry-go-'round, fiddled with the game world and the prestige of some companies, played with some television networks to better simulate some promotions popularity in other regions bar their own and also polished alter egos. There's probably more but, as I say, they're the main things that come to mind as I'm writing this so, without further ado, here are the links that you're really waiting for:

http://i.imgur.com/KhR75xo.png

Direct Link:

Click Me

Direct Link:

Click Me

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dos Caras don't have a mask in your data...

Thanks, that was obviously a mistake.

Just a heads up to everybody, I really wanted to get this out there so I can concentrate wholeheartedly on Shifting Sands so I won't be releasing another update any time soon. I'll be jotting down any mistakes though (like the absence of a mask for Dos Caras) and whenever I turn my attention back to Territory Daze, I'll be sorting out the issues and then re-releasing the modification then. :)

• 5 months later...

Mammoth, I want to echo what others have said before - thanks for an amazing mod! The amount of time and effort you must have put into your work is beyond words.

I know you posted a recent update for TEW 2013, but I was wondering when/if we could expect Territory Daze on TEW 2016? I am considering holding off starting my first big save until it is released.

Thanks again for your great work, and please ignore the threats of violence from my disgruntled wife who has to pick up my share of the chores while I'm immersed in a Territory Daze. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to echo those sentiments. Been trying to do a New Japan game, where I've simulated to 1972 and made sure Inoki was free -- but I've yet to been hired for the game.

Can't wait to see it in 2016 though. Especially with alliance titles and all the new features.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="greengold4" data-cite="greengold4" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38619" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not sure if this is still active or not but the mediafire link appears to be broken, got TEW 2013 because I figured I'd wait for TEW 2020's full release instead of getting 2016</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stannis1" data-cite="Stannis1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38619" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yup, I am in the same boat.</div></blockquote><p> Unfortunately, I needed space in my MediaFire account and all my modifications for TEW13 were removed. I just checked TEWDB and Home of Pro Wrestling too and unfortunately, neither of them host the TEW13 version either. I don't have TEW13 anymore either so I can't even reupload it. I'm sorry about that, guys.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bri33" data-cite="bri33" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38619" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>i still have TEW 2013 Territory Daze Data and picture pack if anyone needs it</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Yes, please!</p>

• 1 month later...