Real World January 1997 Mod Beta Release

Here's my first attempt at a WMMA4 mod. I was going to do an earlier mod but the lack of one night tournaments put me off that for the minute. I've decided to go with January 1997 as the starting date over September like my WMMA3 mod for a number of reasons:

- Rogan & Goldie joining the UFC

- PRIDE starting business operations

- Build up to first ever UFC Heavyweight Title Fight

- January start date should make 1997 EOY awards a bit more accurate

- Start of the "Blackout" of the UFC. I've nerfed the American economy to simulate this

- Less work for me :p

- I'm a huge Mark Coleman fan and I don't want him starting on a loss :L

The playable companies at the start of the game are PRIDE, UFC and Pancrase.

Please post any errors in this thread so I can get them corrected. I'm open to any and all criticism so fire ahead. I haven't had a chance to properly test this myself as I wanted to get this out before Xmas. Before conversion I was quite happy with the playability on WMMA3 so hopefully it works ok on the new engine.

Also as a sidenote I have Shooto debuting later than they actually debuted because it was at that point in time I feel they became a factor in the global MMA rankings scheme. This is most certainly open to debate though. Generally I have companies debuting a bit ahead of time so they have time to set up their rosters and prepare for their first show

If this proves successful my overall ambition is to create a range of historical scenarios set during the first PRIDE OW GP, the UFC/PRIDE merger etc. based off this database so the more errors we find now the better future mods will be.

Oh I'm not very gifted with pictures so I haven't included a pic pack but I use Jippers Pic Pack myself and for the most part the data matches up with it.

Also Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9ghk0nawohy93o/WMMA4.mdb

Copying and pasting this file to the Program Files/GDS/WMMA4/Databases/X folder should get it working where "X" is the name you've chosen for the database when setting it up.

Big thank you to Lucien for his Dawn of MMA mod which helped form the skeleton for the world of my mod, to Tag for his awesome mods which helped inspire this endeavour and to Jipper for his great Pic pack and also to Adam for making these awesome games which have provided an obscene amount of entertainment.

EDIT: I'm currently working on the marketability aspect of the game as I had previously nerfed all fighters marketability to improve the playability of the Mod on WMMA3.

I've also made the same mistake as last time by legalising elbows in PRIDE :L Sorry!

Also feel free to use this mod or any of the elements in it as a base for future mods but if you could drop me a message to let me know I'd be very grateful.

This is fantastic! I absolutely loved PRIDE FC, so I'm looking forward to playing a game with them and rewriting a li'l history. Thank you for this. I'm digging the use of attributes.

I found Jipper's thread but I cannot get his firedrive link to work. Do you have a link for his pic pack? That would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry didn't realise the link to Jipper's pic pack was down. It appears he hasn't been online since May, I've sent him a message asking for permission to send out the pack since I've slightly modified the pack I have with some of Iceisle's work and I'd rather not release something under his name that he hadn't approved.

Any other modders know what would be the correct procedure here? :S

I might be mistaken, but I believe Adam once changed the rules and said everything made for the WMMA games had to be "public" and could be modified etc. by anyone in order to get more mods done. Something like that, I think it was when WMMA 3 came along. So I don't think technically you need permission.

I might be mistaken, but I believe Adam once changed the rules and said everything made for the WMMA games had to be "public" and could be modified etc. by anyone in order to get more mods done. Something like that, I think it was when WMMA 3 came along. So I don't think technically you need permission.

That's the case with comic book hero only.

I haven't been able to really take a closer look at this (though I'm sure I will - very interesting point to jump into the world of MMA!), just one brief note: Unless I'm completely off base, the Fertittas and Dana White should not be the UFC owners in 1997 - they wouldn't buy the company until four years later.

If memory and a quick glance at wikipedia serve, the owners should probably be Bob Meyrowitz and Art Davie. Also, John Peretti was the matchmaker (translating into CEO in game-terms, I'd say) at some point, but I'm not entirely sure when he started.

I haven't been active but I'm still around. You guys are free to do anything with my work that helps out. I'll look tonight and see if I have the pic pack laying around to repost myself if no one beat me to it. Cheers.

Oh snap Jipper's back hey buddy.

Started my own company in Europe and now I'm in 2003. Started with older version so haven't checked the era changes but you meant the only era to end in 2001? (Or whenever it was). Of course the newgen fighters helped run my company as Europe has quite a low fighter amount to this point, but maybe you should regulate the flow more.

If you need help with attributes or something else, just PM me. I have free time.

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't been active but I'm still around. You guys are free to do anything with my work that helps out. I'll look tonight and see if I have the pic pack laying around to repost myself if no one beat me to it. Cheers.

So did you ever find it? And if so do you have a link your other links are down for me.

I love this mod, but I have one problem. Japan is regulated while the US is not. It's the complete opposite of reality.

I'm being drug tested in Japan (lol) and my guys are getting long medical suspensions.

They would let someone fight every day in Japan on all kinds of steroids if someone wanted to do that.

Is there a way to change whether a region is regulated or not in the database?

Thanks! The rest of this mod is extremely awesome and I'm having a great time running PRIDE from the start. I'm just running it in the US mostly because I don't want my guys to be suspended/tested.

Oh, I found it! I had to go to the main menu, then to the database editor, and regions are at the top. You can change there if a region is regulated or not. Hope this helps in case anyone else was wondering. Keep up the great work everyone!

I have to start my game over though :( changes like this only apply to new games. I guess you can't deregulate a region in a game you're already running.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I keep getting this error on this mod. Any ideas?

http://i.imgur.com/lYjMvYS.jpg

I have the same problem, only with this mod, any clue on how to solve it?

When i enter in Edit Database > Database Info, shows the date of July 2015 and if i try to change this i got a error and the game closes.

• 4 months later...