I think this might seem like a ridiculous question, but does TV shows increase the popularity of a company in a significant way? I'm playing as MAW and grew the company to cult size and secured a TV deal on National Pride, so it broadcasts over the whole US. It seems that my TV show, no matter how well it's doing, doesn't increase the popularity of my promotion outside of the area the event is held in.

I imagine there could be several contributing factors to this happening, one of which being the industry is in a severe down trend, but even then, should I still be seeing small increases?

I'm trying to grow large enough for a PPV deal, but if I'm not gaining in popularity, it's obvious I can't get one.

The TV show is not increasing my popularity, but my monthly events are though. even though they can't be seen on PPV.

TV Shows only give you 25% of the growth that events/ppvs do. As long as you're putting on shows ten points or higher than your popularity in the regions, it'll go up. Slowly, but surely. The industry being in the dumps is more than likely a contributing factor as to why it's slow, but you'll still gain popularity. Most likely it's just .01 or .1 so it's just not obvious :)

TV Shows only give you 25% of the growth that events/ppvs do. As long as you're putting on shows ten points or higher than your popularity in the regions, it'll go up. Slowly, but surely. The industry being in the dumps is more than likely a contributing factor as to why it's slow, but you'll still gain popularity. Most likely it's just .01 or .1 so it's just not obvious :)

I figured it might be that. Thanks!

Archived