MAW: Out of The Shadows

Going to be my first attempt at a game, thought I'd make a diary out of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/jayjonesy1/MAW/MAW.jpg

Mid Atlantic Wrestling, January 1st, 2013

In a small little office somewhere up in the Mid-Atlantic, Sam Keith is sitting at his desk, the booking for the Rip Chord Invitational being pieced together as the days go on, pictures and biographies of possible stars laying on his desk as he clears his throat, looking over to the battle worn face of the man sitting opposite him.

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp186/Nachtfalter2099/TEW/SamKeith_beard2.jpg

SK:Let's face the facts here Jean...

Sam leaned forward as he addressed his head booker of the company, Mean Jean Cattley.

Mid-Atlantic Wrestling is a self sustaining product, it always has been, and as long as we continue to do business this way it always will be. We're too big to be forgotten any time soon but we're too small to be noticed by a major audience. That needs to change, I've wanted it to change for a while now and I have been a patient man. It's a well known fact that Rip and I are good friends, when he handed this business over to me I wanted to keep his vision alive. I wanted MAW to be the premier company for rising stars of this industry and it a lot of people's eyes, it already is...what do I have to show for it Jean? What success is there to brag about here?

Jean looked a little uncomfortable and a little frustrated in answering that question, what with all the hard work he had put in over the years to help make MAW the company it is today.

MJC: Well I think we're leading the way in terms of developing young talent...

SK: Oh we've got development down to the last degree Jean, I'll agree with you there, but that's all we know, it's all we've done and while I enjoy watching these wrestlers grow and progress. I certainly do not enjoy seeing them get taken away by companies that are far more interested than ratings wars than putting on a good product! What I want and this year? This is the year where it needs to start, we can only keep up this way for so long before we're sapped of talent and resources, it's time to act...it's time to take things in a new direction!

Jean clenched his fists slightly, expecting the worst, though his loyalty to the company lead him to bite his tongue and agree with whatever it may be that Sam was suggesting.

MJC: I'm on board for anything you suggest sir...

SK: I know you are Jean and I'm thankful for that, I need you to show the talent a better way, I need you to take them under your wing...but what I also need, is a fresh face, somebody who can embody the youth movement and take it to the next level. Jean, I want to bring somebody in on to our creative team, I'm not getting rid of you...far from it. Just think of it as me...lightening the load. Is that understandable Jean?

MJC: It's understandable Sam, I may not like it, but I'm not the one calling the shots...who exactly will be joining us?

Sam just smirked as he leaned back in his chair, picking up a photo from his desk and looking at it with a beaming grin.

SK:That's undecided right now, but if things go the way I want them to? It should be someone very close to home...

January 10th, 2013

Matthew Keith Requests Release!

In shocking news, one of the rising stars of Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling, Matthew Keith son of MAW promoter, Sam Keith has requested his release from the company. The reasoning given by Matthew Keith when approached by interviewers was that while he wanted to pay his dues, he felt like he wasn't being utilized well enough in the company and had received an offer that had peaked his interest.

"I'm not going to give anything away just yet" Matthew says "But i can assure you, after you hear about it, you're all going to want to buy tickets to see it!"

Rumors are spinning all around the wrestling world, citing Matthew's reasoning being tied to what some are referring to as "Family Matters" and questions are being thrown about as to whether his father had anything to do with his PSW departure and whether or not his brother, Greg Gauge will follow suit.

January 17th, 2013

Greg Gauge Walks Out GCG

In what seems to be a pattern from the Gauge family, Greg Gauge, brother of Matthew Keith seemed to take a less professional approach then his brother who requested his release from Pittsburgh Steel. Instead, Greg simply decided not to show up to a recent GCG training camp, now while this incident alone was a minor issue in the companies eyes, wanting to know why Greg did not show up, GCG decided to try and contact Gauge. When they tried to contact him, they failed to receive any answer and after multiple attempts, simply decided he must have not been able to show. In a shocking turn of events, only a mere two days later, GCG was graced with a notification from Sam Keith himself that Greg was no longer interested in working for GCG and requested for them to remove him from their roster page. Due to Greg's contract not being written, he isn't in breach of anything that the company had discussed with him when signing him to their roster. However GCG are still looking into any legal avenues they can take against Greg Gauge. Greg could not be found for comment on this situation. However, his father Sam Keith spoke on his behalf telling us "He's young, he's a little too driven for his own good at times, but clearly his position in the company and on the roster was one he was not happy with and instead of discussing it, he decided to cut ties and go somewhere else...he knows what he's doing, but I have told him he should at least apologize to GCG"

Archived