WCW 1996: Big Changes Ahead...

Preview of WCW Monday Nitro

Jim Duggan and “The American Renegade” Rick Williams w/Madusa VS Kurasawa & Tanaka w/Sonny Onoo

---8 Man WCW Cruiserweight Tournament Participant Tournament 1st Round---

Block A: Eddy Guerrero VS Chris Benoit

Block B: Alex Wright VS Jushin “Thunder” Liger w/Sonny Onoo

Block C: Bobby Walker VS Dean Malenko

Block D: Steve Doll VS The Great Muta w/Sonny Onoo

Frost Vs The Mauler

---8 Man WCW Cruiserweight Tournament Participant Tournament 2nd Round---

Block E: Winner of A VS Winner of B

Block F: Winner of C VS Winner of D

The Road Warriors VS Harlem Heat w/Sister Sherri for the No. 1 Contendership to the Tag Titles

---8 Man WCW Cruiserweight Tournament Participant Tournament 3rd Round---

Block G: Winner of Block E VS Winner of Block F

Lex Luger© VS Arn Anderson No Time Limit for the TV Title

PLUS

Who is Hogan's Perfect Opponent for Ric Flair? Curt Hennig

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim Duggan and “The American Renegade” Rick Williams w/Madusa VS Kurasawa & Tanaka w/Sonny Onoo

Frost Vs The Mauler

The Road Warriors VS Harlem Heat w/Sister Sherri for the No. 1 Contendership to the Tag Titles

PLUS

Who is Hogan's Perfect Opponent for Ric Flair? "Perfect" obviously implies Hennig, but he should still be injured. I'll go with Scott Hall.

Frost Vs The Mauler

PLUS

Who is Hogan's Perfect Opponent for Ric Flair? Henning

WCW Monday Nitro Week 4 May 1996 {82}

Live in front of 13,600 (sold out) fans in the Gallagher-Iba Arena

WCW Monday Nitro kicks off with Ric Flair inside the ring with a microphone in hand. Flair looks slightly annoyed as the crowd boos him. Ric lifts the mic and begins to talk... “Hulk Hogan, who the hell do you think you are to get involved in my business? And the fact that WCW has agreed to replacing Randy with your mystery opponent makes me sick! You know, I have half a mind to refuse the match on principle, but that wouldn't be me. That wouldn't be the greatest wrestler of all time. So, because I am the man, I agree to facing this mystery man whoever the hell he is. You see, I don't fear any man and I sure as hell don't back away from a challenge. Later tonight, you bring out your mystery opponent and I'll look him dead in the eye and let him know face to face that if he wants to be the man, he must beat the man! WOOOOOO!” {98}

Jim Duggan and Rick Williams w/Madusa defeated Kurasawa and Tanaka w/Sonny Onoo {55}

The Asian Invasion looked to have this match in the bag with Jushin Liger and Super J running out as Sonny Onoo distracted the referee but Madusa signaled to the back and The State Patrol came running out to assist. Lt. Earl and Sgt. Parker fended off Liger and Super J with police batons as Duggan nailed Tanaka with a 3 Point Stance before making the pin.

Eddy Guerrero defeated Chris Benoit w/Woman {79}

The WCW Cruiserweight Championship Tournament Participation Tournament kicked off with a great back and forth match between two of the world's best cruiserweights. This really set the tone for what the fans could expect tonight and at the PPV Crowning A Champion!

Jushin “Thunder” Liger w/Sonny Onoo defeated Alex Wright {69}

Wright looked like he just might pull an upset in this match until Disco Inferno once again made his presence known causing a distraction that lead to Alex being rolled up and pinned.

Dean Malenko defeated “Hardwork” Bobby Walker w/Teddy Long {55}

Despite losing, Bobby Walker put on the best match of his career in WCW. The announcers speculated that Teddy Long may indeed turn Walker into a champion some day.

The Great Muta w/Sonnny Onoo defeated Steve Doll {63}

This was a one sided match that had the announcers speculating what a Muta/Liger showdown would look like if these two continued to win and what a huge victory would mean to the Asian Invasion.

Frost w/Dusty Rhodes defeated The Mauler {36}

Frost blended a unique mix of high flying, technical wrestling, and genuine martial arts moves that kept The Mauler off his game.

Eddy Guerrero defeated Jushin “Thunder” Liger w/Sonny Onoo {73}

This match was filled with many near falls and quick reversals that saw both men come within a millisecond of victory. Ultimately it was the crowd that helped Eddy kick out of a pinfall and land a huge triple suplex combination that lead to the Frog Splash and victory for Eddy.

The Great Muta w/Sonnny Onoo defeated Dean Malenko {61}

Simply due to the crowd's hatred of the Asian Invasion Dean became the defacto babyface in this match despite the fans disliking the Iceman. A distraction by Sonny to the referee and a blast of green mist on Dean was all it took to put Malenko away after several minutes of back and forth action.

After a commercial break Hulk Hogan came out to the ring with a microphone. Hogan addressed Ric Flair stating “Ric, I didn't stick my nose in your business, I simply did what I had to in order for my friend Randy to see you get your butt kicked on PPV! Now, later tonight my mystery man will be in that ring and when you meet him it will be Wonderful brother! {96}

The Road Warriors DREW with Harlem Heat w/Sister Sherri {73}

In a brutal match these two teams ended up brawling on the floor of the arena and ultimately getting themselves counted out ending this match in a draw and the Number 1 Contender to the Tag Titles unknown.

Eddy Guerrero defeated The Graet Muta w/Sonny Onoo {77}

The crowd was clearly behind Eddy and this lead to him getting the advantage early in the match. As it seemed Edy would get a victory Muta and Onoo tried the distract referee/green mist combo they pulled on Malenko but Eddy ducked the mist that ended up getting Onoo in the eyes thanks to Eddy ducking and grabbing the ref. Heenan called for Eddy's DQ for putting hands on the ref but the other announcers brushed him off and cheered Eddy getting a 3 count on a stunned Muta.

Lex Luger defeated Arn Anderson to retain the TV Title {80}

Lex Luger was well on his way to defeating Arn fair and square when Anderson delivered a low blow to Lex causing the ref to call for the DQ. Once again Anderson grabbed the TV and left the ring with it, leaving Lex as a champ with no title.

After the second to last commercial break of the evening Hulk Hogan comes out to the ring. The crowd is going nuts and before he could even get them settled Ric Flair comes walking out. Flair gets in the ring with Hogan and gets right in his face. “Hogan, I've waited long enough, bring out my opponent for Mayhem!” Hogan looks at Flair then speaks... “You want me to bring him out, the man who you avoided during all 16 of your championship? The only man to ever turn down a spot in the Four Horsemen. The man who may be the greatest wrestler to never hold a world title.” Flair looks annoyed and yells at the Hulkster “Yes! Bring him out whoever the heck he is! {100}

After the final break Hogan and Flair are still in the ring going back and forth when suddenly classical type of music plays over the P A system. Hogan looks right at Ric and taunts him “Here he comes, Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff! Orndoff stops at the top of the entrance ramp and holds a microphone to his lips “Ric Flair, You and me have crossed paths many times but never once have we wrestled each other one on one. You say that I need to beat the man to be the man, well I say you'll never be as Wonderful as me! At WCW Mayhem our paths will finally meet in the ring and the fans will finally see that being Wonderful is ten times better than being plain old Ric Flair!” {98}

WCW Crowning A Champion Preview & Prediction Contest!

Winner will get to choose who gets a shot at the Cruiserweight Title at The Great American Bash!

---8 Man WCW Cruiserweight Tournament 1st Round---

Block A: Eddy Guerrero {WCW} VS Keiji Mutoh {NJPW}

Block B: The Great Sasuke {M-Pro} VS Hayabusa {FMW}

Block C: Blue Demon JR. {AAA} VS Kid Pegasus {Japanese Indies}

Block D: El Hijo del Santo {CMLL} VS King Tiger {North American Indies}

---8 Man WCW Cruiserweight Tournament Semi-Finals---

---8 Man WCW Cruiserweight Tournament Finals---

*Tie Breaker Question #1 What was the Match of the Night?

*Tie Breaker question #2 What was the worst match of the night?

Double tournament seems..... odd, but okay. Orndorff vs Flair should be a mat classic, and also makes sense because Paul bowed out of wrestling "in character" following an attack by the Horsemen.

Winner will get to choose who gets a shot at the Cruiserweight Title at The Great American Bash!

Eddy takes it home after winning two tournaments in a week!

*Tie Breaker Question #1 What was the Match of the Night? Eddy vs Hayabusa

*Tie Breaker question #2 What was the worst match of the night? Santo vs Tiger, as I can't see either of them having any US popularity.

*Tie Breaker Question #1 What was the Match of the Night? eddy guerrero vs El hijo del santo

*Tie Breaker question #2 What was the worst match of the night?The Great Sasuke vs Hayabusa

*Tie Breaker Question #1 What was the Match of the Night? Eddy Guerrero {WCW} VS Keiji Mutoh {NJPW}

*Tie Breaker question #2 What was the worst match of the night? El Hijo del Santo {CMLL} VS King Tiger {North American Indies}

YAY 300

<p>WCW Cowning A Champion Week 4 May 1996 {80}</p><p>

Live on PPV {2.17 buy rate} in front of 23,500 (sold out) fans in the Rupp Arena</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Eddy Guerrero defeated Keiji Mutoh</strong><strong><strong> {82}</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong>

The WCW Cruiserweight Tornament kicks off with a great match featuring two of the best high flyers in the world. This match could have easily been the tournament final but thanks to the luck of the draw it was given to us as the tournament opener. Eddy manages to take this one with a Frog Splash after Mutoh missed a Shining Wizard and Eddy landed a huge DDT.</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> </strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong>

</strong></strong><strong><strong><em>A tribute video to the great Randy Savage plays. It highlights his high flying and points to the fact that he helped usher in the high flying style we are watching on this PPV.</em></strong></strong><strong><strong> {100}</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> </strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong>

</strong></strong><strong><strong><strong>The Great Sasuke defeated Hayabusa</strong></strong></strong><strong><strong> {60}</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong>

In a sloppy match with little psychology being displayed, The Great Sasuke defeated Hayabusa by countout after Hayabusa missed a dive to the outside and crashed into the guard rail.</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> </strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong>

</strong></strong><strong><strong><strong>Pegasus Kid defeated Blue Demon Jr.</strong></strong></strong><strong><strong> {72}</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong>

Blue Demon Jr. demonstrated a slower, more ground based style that many luchadors don't often use. The announcers talked about the possibility of Demon facing El Hijo Del Santo in what would be a dream match of Lucha Libre, but that was cut short when Kid Pegasus pinned Blue Demon Jr. after a Flying Headbutt.</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> </strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong>

</strong></strong><strong><strong><em>A hype video for the WCW Mayhem PPV is played with Hulk Hogan being prominently featured.</em></strong></strong><strong><em> {100}</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

</em></strong><strong><strong><em>El Hijo Del Santo defeated King Tiger</em></strong></strong><strong><em> {78}</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

King Tiger put up a valient effort but the speed and skill of Santo persevered and saw Santo make King Tiger tap out to a Arm Breaker {arm bar}.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

</em></strong><strong><strong><em>Eddy Guerrero defeated The Great Sasuke</em></strong></strong><strong><em> {74}</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

This was a fast paced back and forth match with Eddy getting an early advantage and keeping it allthe way to the finish when he landed a Frog Splash for the pinfall victory.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

</em></strong><strong><strong><em>Pegasus Kid defeated El Hijo Del Santo</em></strong></strong><strong><em> {78}</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

This was another fast paced match with Pegasus Kid winninf via Flying Headbutt after Santo was put down with a jumping arm breaker.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

</em></strong><strong><strong><em>Edy Guerrero defeated Pegasus Kid</em></strong></strong><strong><em> {73}</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

In the final match we had many reversals, near falls, and quick pins. Eddy was almost defeated after a Flying Headbutt but he managed to kick out at 2.9 seconds. Eddy manage to win the match when a frustrated Pegasus missed a second Flying Heabutt and Eddy landed a Frog Splash!</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

</em></strong><strong><strong><em>A hype video for WCW Mayhem plays this time highlighting the Ric Flair/Randy Savage feud and the challenge of Paul Orndorff to Flair at Nitro!</em></strong></strong><strong><em> {100}</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

****I feel a bit of explanation is in order here, mainly due to the way the game determines certain things. First off it wasn't 2 tournaments to determine a WCW Cruiserweight Champion, it was 1 tournament to decide who from WCW would be in the WCW Cruiserweight tournament that 5 other companies would also be sending representitives to. The original plan was for The Great Muta to win the WCW spot and lose the final match on the PPV to the NJPW representitive Black Tiger. The PPV would then end with Black Tiger unmaskin to reveal Eddy Guerrero! What was a feather in Sonny Onoo's cap, a Japanese wrestler winning, would turn into a nightmare adding Eddy and the WCW Cruiserweight title to the Asian Invasion storyline. However, Muta refused to work multiple matches on one card due to him being on loan and not signed to WCW. The second thing to note is this was all kayfabe so Dean Malenko as King Tiger and Chris Benoit as Kid Pegasus were treated as seporate characters and not those two under mask. Once again the original plan was to debut Sabu as the American Indies representative and Kaz Hayashi as the Japanese Indies choice but Sabu signed too late and I didn't want to kill Frost's momentum with a Kaz loss on PPV. The 3 hype videos were added to improve the PPV score a bit as an all mid-card PPV would not have scored an 80 and probably killed a lot of my popularity across the US, due to the game and not the quality of show it would have been in reality. Lastly, I forgot to make a 2nd brand and assign the PPV to that brand and so I pissed off damn near all of my main eventers and some upper midcarders which means I shelled out extra money to get their moods back up. </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Now for the good stuff...</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Beejus scored 6 points, missing the Sasuke/Hayabusa match.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Hitman74 scored 4 points, also missing the Sasuke/Hayabusa match and then missing Demon/Pegasus and a semi-final match for Block F</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Satyr24 scored 6 points, the Hayabusa/Sasuke match also costing him a perfect score.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

The match of the Night was Eddy/Mutoh and it gave the contest win to Satyr24! Please PM to make your choice for Eddy's opponent at WCW Great American Bash!</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

FYI the worst match was Sasuke/Hayabusa mainly due to Hayabusa's poor pychology rating.</em></strong></p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>WCW Saturday Night Week 4 May 1996 {82}</p><p>

Live in front of 2,850 fans in the Mobile Civic Center</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Border Patrol defeated Men At Work w/Lanny Poffo</strong> {37}</p><p>

This was a standard tag match with the only thing of note being the State Patrol changing their name to the Border Patrol. Bischoff adding that they are keeping scum like Sonny Onoo and The Asian Invasion out of this great country.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Sonny Onoo hyped Super J as “the greatest Asian heavyweight to ever compete in WCW.” Onoo goes on to say that “the Asian Invasion may have face several set backs, but at WCW Mayhem they will prove that Asians are the best wrestlers in the world!”</em> {41}</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Super J w/Sonny Onoo defeated Steve Doll</strong> {38}</p><p>

Super J dominated Steve Doll much to the disgust of the fans and the announcers.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Eric Bischoff, Larry Zbysko, and Chris Cruise hype the WCW debut of Nuke at WCW Mayhem. A simple “Nuclear Warning” sign flashed on the screen as the announcers hyped this radioactive hero.</em> {64}</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Alex Wright defeated The Gambler</strong> {46}</p><p>

A standard back and forth match between two of WCW low level workers generated little reaction from the crowd until Disco Inferno danced his way out to the entrance ramp and taunted Wright before Alex picked up the win.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Eric Bischoff, Larry Zbysko, and Chris Cruise hype the WCW return of Bam Bam Bigelow at WCW Mayhem! Eric Bischoff pointing out that when Bam Bam appeared here last the show was called WCW and not the company.</em> {63}</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Nasty Boys defeated Public Enemy</strong> {68}</p><p>

This was a very brutal match filed with a ton of brawling and ringside fighting. Both teams looked extremely tough, although the announcers were appalled at their style of wrestling.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Eddy Guerrero defeated Bunkhouse Buck w/Col. Parker</strong> {59}</p><p>

The newly crowned WCW Cruiserweight Champion showed the fans exactly why he deservedto hold the cruiserweight title. With yet another win over a Col. Parker client it seemed that the small feud between Parker and Eddy ended with Guerrero on the winning end and Parker looking to once again become relevant. </p><p> </p><p>

<em>Eric Bischoff, Larry Zbysko, and Chris Cruise hype the WCW debut of Sabu at WCW Mayhem. A highlight package of the “homicidal, suicidal, genocidal Sheik of Squared Circle played after Bischoff noted a simple missed flight caused Sabu to miss out on the WCW Cruiserweight Tournament which allowed King Tiger to take his place.</em> {63}</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Blue Bloods(Regal and Eaton) defeated The American Males</strong> </p><p>

Regal and Eaton used their experience, both as singles wrestlers and as a tag, to wrestle circles around Bagwell and Riggs. Not only did the youngsters look out of their league, they looked like they might have had enough with on another.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>After WCW Saturday Night comes back from break Dusty Rhodes and Frost are in the ring. Dusty says “Frost is here baby and things are gonna get chilly if you will. So listen up and remember that when you get hit with that Crionic Kick, you're gonna be out cold baby!” {91}</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em><em><strong>Frost w/Dusty Rhodes defeated Hugh Morrus</strong></em><em> {49}</em></p><p><em>

Frost used his speed to dominate Hugh who was left to fend for himself as neither Jimmy Hart nor Kevin Sullivan came to the ring with him.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em><em><em>Backstage DDP cuts a promo on Konnan, telling him “you can have the Booty Bimbo in your corner, heck you could have a whole six pack of Booty Broads behind you because it won't mean a thing when I make you feel...the....BANG!”</em></em><em> {68}</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em><em><strong>Konnan defeated Chris Benoit w/woman</strong></em><em> {76}</em></p><p><em>

Konnan showed off why he is the US Champion and why the fans love him. Benoit put up a valiant effort but he was just no match for the “Mexican Hulk Hogan” as Bischoff kept calling Konnan.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em><em><em>Lex Luger came out to the ring for his match and posed for the audience, well the ladies really, before his opponent was introduced.</em></em><em> {99}</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em><em><strong>Lex Luger defeated Dean Malenko to retain the WCW World Television Championship</strong></em><em> {80}</em></p><p><em>

Despite Luger's size advantage Dean was able to match Lex move for move almost the entire match. The size was just too great to overcome however and Dean submitted to a Torture Rack of Doom!</em></p>

<p>Preview of WCW Mayhem!</p><p> </p><p>

The Steiner Brothers VS Benoit & Malenko w/Woman</p><p> </p><p>

Team USA (Jim Duggan, Rick Williams, and The Border Patrol) VS Team Asia (Super J, Tanaka, Jushin Liger, and Kurasawa) W/Sonny Onoo</p><p> </p><p>

Alex Wright VS Disco Inferno in a “loser must give up dancing match”</p><p> </p><p>

Mr. JL VS the debuting Sabu</p><p> </p><p>

Steve McMichael w/Debra McMichael VS Bam Bam Bigelow</p><p> </p><p>

Nuke VS Shark w/Jimmy Hart </p><p> </p><p>

The Road Warriors VS Harlem Heat to determine the No. 1 Contenders to the tag titles</p><p> </p><p>

Eddy Guerrero© VS Lord Steven Regal for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship</p><p> </p><p>

Konnan© w/The Booty Babe VS Diamond Dallas Page for the WCW US Championship</p><p> </p><p>

Lex Luger© VS Arn Anderson for the WCW World Television Championship</p><p> </p><p>

Hulk Hogan VS Meng w/Jimmy Hart</p><p> </p><p>

Paul Orndorff VS Ric Flair</p><p> </p><p>

Sting VS The Giant© w/Jimmy Hart for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship</p>

<p>The Steiner Brothers VS <strong>Benoit & Malenko w/Woman</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Team USA (Jim Duggan, Rick Williams, and The Border Patrol) VS <strong>Team Asia (Super J, Tanaka, Jushin Liger, and Kurasawa) W/Sonny Onoo</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Alex Wright</strong> VS Disco Inferno in a “loser must give up dancing match”</p><p>

<em>If Inferno loses, the stipulation is much more interesting...</em></p><p>

Mr. JL VS the debuting <strong>Sabu</strong></p><p>

<em>"the debuting" man on a PPV tends to get the win</em></p><p>

<strong>Steve McMichael w/Debra McMichael </strong>VS Bam Bam Bigelow</p><p>

<em>As much as I think Mongo sucks, he's still WAY over, and he has a wife in his corner.</em></p><p>

Nuke VS <strong>Shark w/Jimmy Hart </strong></p><p>

<em>Shark will lose to anyone, including Nuke, but I think a D.O.D. member will go over here.</em></p><p>

<strong>The Road Warriors </strong>VS Harlem Heat to determine the No. 1 Contenders to the tag titles</p><p>

<em>Hawk & Animal probably still auto-push to the ME at this point --- they're that over.</em></p><p>

<strong>Eddy Guerrero© </strong>VS Lord Steven Regal for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship</p><p>

<em>Regal isn't a cruiser as much as I like the guy, even in WCW's world where anyone can be a cruiser</em></p><p>

<strong>Konnan© w/The Booty Babe</strong> VS Diamond Dallas Page for the WCW US Championship</p><p>

<em>Konnan has better reasons to hold the title.</em></p><p>

Lex Luger© VS <strong>Arn Anderson</strong> for the WCW World Television Championship</p><p>

<em>Luger has made a lot of defenses, and THE HORSE-MAHN need a victory here -- I think "The Enforcer" would be a good opponent for the Hulkster or Macho given time.</em></p><p>

<strong>Hulk Hogan </strong>VS Meng w/Jimmy Hart</p><p>

<em>Meng isn't going over as long as THE HULKSTER has the CREATIVE CONTROL but this could be a beat-down BROTHER with INTERFERENCE</em></p><p>

Paul Orndorff VS <strong>Ric Flair</strong></p><p>

<em>Natch is closer to his prime than Orndoff, plus he's THE NATURE BOY Ric Flair.</em></p><p>

Sting VS <strong>The Giant©</strong> w/Jimmy Hart for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship</p><p>

<em>The Giant is horrid at this point in his career... and yet, with HOGAN feuding with DOD, I don't see Sting ending his reign yet. I send him down to developmental in '97 (if I have one) much less '95</em></p>

<p>Preview of WCW Mayhem!</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Steiner Brothers</strong> VS Benoit & Malenko w/Woman</p><p> </p><p>

Team USA (Jim Duggan, Rick Williams, and The Border Patrol) VS <strong>Team Asia (Super J, Tanaka, Jushin Liger, and Kurasawa) W/Sonny Onoo</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Alex Wright</strong> VS Disco Inferno in a “loser must give up dancing match”</p><p>

both need to stop dancing</p><p> </p><p>

Mr. JL VS the debuting <strong>Sabu</strong></p><p>

first match for wcw has to win</p><p> </p><p>

Steve McMichael w/Debra McMichael VS <strong>Bam Bam Bigelow</strong></p><p>

see above</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Nuke</strong> VS Shark w/Jimmy Hart </p><p>

see above</p><p> </p><p>

The Road Warriors VS <strong>Harlem Heat</strong> to determine the No. 1 Contenders to the tag titles</p><p>

Harlems the better team</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Eddy Guerrero©</strong> VS Lord Steven Regal for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship</p><p>

he just won it no way he losses it first defence</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Konnan© w/The Booty Babe</strong> VS Diamond Dallas Page for the WCW US Championship</p><p> </p><p>

Lex Luger© VS <strong>Arn Anderson for the WCW World Television Championship</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong> not a fan of lex</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Hulk Hogan</strong> VS Meng w/Jimmy Hart</p><p> </p><p>

Paul Orndorff VS <strong>Ric Flair</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Sting VS <strong>The Giant© w/Jimmy Hart for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship</strong></p>

<p><em>The Steiner Brothers</em> VS Benoit & Malenko w/Woman</p><p> </p><p>

Team USA (Jim Duggan, Rick Williams, and The Border Patrol) VS <em>Team Asia (Super J, Tanaka, Jushin Liger, and Kurasawa)</em> W/Sonny Onoo</p><p> </p><p>

Alex Wright VS <em>Disco Inferno</em> in a “loser must give up dancing match”</p><p>

<em>Because Alex's dancing sucks more!</em></p><p> </p><p>

Mr. JL VS the debuting <em>Sabu</em></p><p><em>

Sabu vs Jerry Lynn is good times.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Steve McMichael w/Debra McMichael VS <em>Bam Bam Bigelow</em></p><p><em>

A good redebut win for the Bammer.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Nuke</em> VS Shark w/Jimmy Hart </p><p>

<em>Bryan Clarke?</em></p><p> </p><p>

The Road Warriors VS <em>Harlem Heat</em> to determine the No. 1 Contenders to the tag titles</p><p>

<em>Heat winning here should really put them over.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Eddy Guerrero</em>© VS Lord Steven Regal for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship</p><p>

<em>Is Regal even in contention for the Cruiser belt?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Konnan</em>© w/The Booty Babe VS Diamond Dallas Page for the WCW US Championship</p><p>

<em>WCW were doing a decent job at this time of making Konnan seem like a big deal.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Lex Luger© VS <em>Arn Anderson</em> for the WCW World Television Championship</p><p>

<em>A new title for the Horsemen to shine around.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Hulk Hogan</em> VS Meng w/Jimmy Hart</p><p>

<em>BROTHER.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Paul Orndorff VS <em>Ric Flair</em></p><p><em>

Would be a better match if this were earlier in the decade, but now Paul is likely on his way out.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Sting VS <em>The Giant</em>© w/Jimmy Hart for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship</p><p>

<em>Giant keeps moving on past this huge challenge.</em></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>WCW Mayhem Week 4 May 1996 {83}</strong></p><p><strong>

Live on PPV {2.34 buy rate} in front of 30,000 (sold out) fans in the Greensboro Coliseum</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Rick%20Steiner.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Scott%20Steiner.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Dean%20Malenko.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Chris%20Benoit.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Woman.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>The Steiner Brothers VS Dean Malenko & Chris Benoit w/Woman</strong></p><p>

Things started off very much in favor of Benoit and Malenko as Rick Steiner was distracted by his former love interest Woman. The announcers noted that Woman's first appearance in WCW was as a fan of Rick Steiner's and it seemed like Rick was still smitten. Despite being worked over by Benoit and Malenko, Rick Steiner was able to tag his brother Scott. Scott unleashed every suplex in his arsenal and took control of the match very quickly. With Benoit and Malenko reeling from the assault, Scott Steiner finished the match off with a Steiner-Line(Rebounding Lariat/Clothesline from hell) on Benoit followed by a pin.</p><p>

<strong>The Steiner Brothers defeated Malenko & Benoit w/Woman</strong> {77}</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Jim%20Duggan.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Renegade.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Buddy%20Lee.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/James%20Earl.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Madusa.jpg</span></p><p>

<span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/vs.jpg</span></p><p>

<span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Super%20J.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Tanaka.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Jushin%20Liger.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Kurasawa.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Sonny20Onoo.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Team USA (Jim Duggan, Rick Williams, and The Border Patrol) w/Madusa VS Team Asia (Super J, Tanaka, Jushin Liger, and Kurasawa) w/Sonny Onoo</strong></p><p>

The crowd was clearly behind Team USA, who came out waving American Flags, from the start to the finish of this match. Duggan used his experience to direct traffic, making the announcers take note that he may have a future as a manager, allowing Team USA to get in many quick tags and double team opportunities. Sonny Onoo tried several times to interfere or otherwise distract Team USA but Madusa was there every time to put a quick stop to his efforts. Although it seemed like Team USA was one step behind the quicker Team Asia, the power and strength of Duggan and rick Williams really helped keep things in Team USA's favor. At one point all eight men were in the ring giving it there all leading to a Jim Duggan 3-Point Stance on Kurasawa before Williams landed a huge Splash off the top rope leading to a pinfall victory fot Team USA.</p><p>

<strong>Team USA w/Madusa defeated Team Asia w/Sonny Onoo</strong> {59}</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Alex%20Wright.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Disco%20Inferno.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Alex Wright VS Disco Inferno in a “loser must give up dancing match”</strong></p><p>

Before this match began the announcers went over the special stipulation with Bobby Heenan claiming nobody, not even WCW President Jim Cornette could force Disco to give up dancing whether he won or lost! Both men did dance their way to the ring with Alex getting much more cheers than Disco. Things were back and forth for the first several minutes of the match with neither man having a clear advantage over his opponent. Finally, out of desperation Disco Inferno resorted to cheating by thumbing Alex in the eye behind the referee's back. With that one move Disco took control of things and remained in control until Alex slipped out of the Chart Buster and landed a bridging German suplex to get the win! A clearly distraught Disco was left in the ring as the ring announcer reminded the audience that we have seen the last of Disco's dancing.</p><p>

<strong>Alex Wright defeated Disco Inferno, so Disco must give up dancing!!!</strong> {63}</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Mr%20JL.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Sabu.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Mr. JL VS Sabu</strong></p><p>

As the participants made their way to the ring the announcers reminded audiences that Sabu was supposed to have been in the WCW Cruiserweight Tournament but a flight delay caused him to get replaced by King Tiger. Both Schiavone and Tenay speculated that Sabu must be considered the next contender for the WCW Cruiserweight Title due to this fact or at the very least high up in contender list. Heenan simply joked that Sabu missed the flight on purpose since he was afraid to be humiliated by the superior talent involved, after all Sabu is just some Indies wrestler that got lucky to get invited to the tournament and now WCW. The match itself was fast paced with Sabu showcasing a huge array of high flying moves that got him in as much trouble as it did his opponent. A particularly nasty looking sunset flip to the outside that saw Mr. JL move and Sabu crash into the guard rail looked like it may have been the end for Sabu's WCW career if not just the match. Despite all the self inflicted injuries Sabu was able to get the pinfall after nailing Mr. JL with a moonsault off the top rope.</p><p>

<strong>Sabu defeated Mr. JL</strong> {52}</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Steve%20McMichael.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Debra20McMichael.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Bam%20Bam%20Bigelow.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Steve McMichael w/Debra McMichael VS Bam Bam Bigelow</strong></p><p>

Bam Bam Bigelow took the fight right to Steve McMichael before the bell even had a chance to ring. Bam Bam remained in control throughout the match making McMichael look completely out of his league. Heenan joked that Mongo should have stayed on the football field and left wrestling to the real men like Bam Bam. Mercifully Bigelow ended things with a Greetings From Asbury Park as Debra looked on in disbelief.</p><p>

<strong>Bame Bam Bigelow defeated Steve McMichael w/Debra McMichael</strong> {57}</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Nuke.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Shark.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Jimmy20Hart.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Nuke VS Shark w/Jimmy Hart </strong></p><p>

Nuke came out to a huge explosion as the announcers put him over as the next big thing in WCW. Shark and Jimmy Hart came out next and the announcers noted that once again it appeared that Kevin Sullivan wasn't around. Shark attacked Nuke before the bell but the big nuclear powerhouse shrugged off the assault and began one of his own. Nuke used his power to not only take Shark off his feet with a lariat but to military press the big man! The announcers were shocked by the strength of Nuke, noting that no one since Hulk Hogan displayed such power. Nuke continued his destruction of Shark with various slams before delivering a huge Running Powerslam called the Meltdown and making the pin!</p><p>

<strong>Nuke defeated Shark w/Jimy Hart</strong> {49}</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Road%20Warrior%20Hawk.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Road%20Warrior%20Animal.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Booker%20T.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Stevie%20Ray.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Sister20Sherri.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>The Road Warriors VS Harlem Heat to determine the No. 1 Contenders to the tag titles</strong></p><p>

Before the match started the announcers let the audience know that WCW President Jim Cornette declared their must be a winner in this match and as such it is now a no countout, no DQ, no time limit contest. This match quickly descended into an all out brawl with all four men in the ring throwing wild punches. The Road Warriors took a quick advantage however a Sister Sherri interference saw things go to Harlem Heat's favor just as quick. Every time The Road Warriors seem to start getting things going there way Sister Sherri is there to make sure that doesn't happen. The match ending with Harlem Heat taking the Road Warriors out with a pair of chair shots before making the pin and taking the match.</p><p>

<strong>Harlem Heat w/Sister Sherri defeated The Road Warriors</strong> {75}</p><p> </p><p>

<em>A quick recap of Eddy Guerrero's matches during both the WCW Cruiserweight tournaments plays highlighting Eddy's awesome skills and great finisher the Frog Splash.</em> {64}</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Eddie%20Guerrero.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Lord%20Steven%20Regal.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Eddy Guerrero© VS Lord Steven Regal for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship</strong></p><p>

Before the match even began the announcers pointed out that Regal would never have qualified for this match if it was under the old JCP Junior Heavyweight rules due to his weight but according to the new WCW Cruiserweight weight limits which allows light heavyweights to compete for the title Regal barely makes the weight limit. The match itself was very technical highlighting a different side to the cruiserweight division than most people think of when they hear cruiserweight. After a series of quick reverses and move escapes Eddy was able to nail Regal with a triple suplex that drove the audience crazy before hitting the Frog Splash and making the pin.</p><p>

<strong>Eddy Guerrero defeated Lord Steven Regal to retain the WCW Cruiserweight Championship</strong> {72}</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Konnan.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Booty20Babe.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/DDP.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Konnan© w/The Booty Babe VS Diamond Dallas Page for the WCW US Championship</strong></p><p>

Konnan and The Booty Babe came out to a huge cheer as the announcers reminded the fans why the Booty Babe is joining Konnan at ringside for this match. Diamond Dallas Page came out to a round of boos but it didn't seem to bother him at all. The match started out slow but quickly things they turned things up as both men wanted to leave as champion. The match ended when the referee was knocked out by a stray lariat from Page prompting the Booty Babe to enter the ring. Konnan grabs Page from behind as The Booty Babe threatens to nail Page with a low blow. The crowd is going crazy in anticipation of this bit of payback. However The Booty Babe doesn't deliver a low blow to Page she pokes Konnan in the eyes allowing Page to land a Diamond Cutter. The Booty Babe wakes up the ref who makes the three count as the audience boos wildly. The Booty Babe and Diamond Dallas Page leave the ring together as the audience continues to boo.</p><p>

<strong>Diamond Dallas Page defeated Konnan w/The Booty Babe to win the US Championship.</strong> {69}</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Lex%20Luger.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Arn%20Anderson.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Lex Luger© VS Arn Anderson for the WCW World Television Championship</strong></p><p>

The announcers go over the history between these two, including the fact it was Arn who convinced Ric Flair and Tully Blanchard to allow Lex into the Four Horsemen. As the match starts it is clear that Lex has the power advantage and that he is not afraid to use it. The announcers note a lesser man would have been beat already but Arn's experience allows him to make a comeback. Chris Benoit came running out after a Lex Luger powerslam. Arn kicked out of the pin and tries to bound off the ropes but he slams into Chris Benoit who was getting ready to jump in the ring. This causes Benoit to fly off the apron as Arn winces in pain allowing Lex to grab Arn in a Torture Rack and get the win.</p><p>

<strong>Lex Luger defeated Arn Anderson to retain the TV Championship</strong> {81}</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>We got a recap of the Hulk Hogan/Dungeon of Doom feud prior to the Hogan and Meng match. Highlighting Hogan more than the Dungeon.</em> {100} </p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Hulk%20Hogan.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Meng.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Jimmy20Hart.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Hulk Hogan VS Meng w/Jimmy Hart</strong></p><p>

Hogan came out to a huge pop as Meng and Jimmy Hart were already waiting in the ring. This match went by the typical Hogan match script hitting all the same spots as usual. Jimmy Hart allowed Meng to get an advantage but the crowd got Hogan pumped up allowing him to shrug off huge punches and turn things back in his favor. Things ended with a big boot and leg drop from Hogan as Jimmy desperately waved for someone to come out who never did.</p><p>

<strong>Hulk Hogan defeated Meng w/Jimmy Hart</strong> {77}</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>A brief recap of the Ric Flair/Randy Savage feud, including Orndorff's involvement played for the crowd.</em> {100}</p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Paul%20Orndorff.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Ric%20Flair.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Elizabeth.jpg</span><p>

<strong>Paul Orndorff VS Ric Flair w/Elizabeth</strong></p><p>

This was an intant classic with both men showing exactly why they are icons in this sport. Paul Orndorff, despite being semi-retired, was surprisingly free of ring rust and looked like he was in his prime. Flair for his part also looked like he was at the top of his game. Things were back and forth for quite some time until Ric Flair used a thumb to the eye to get an advantage. Things stayed in Flair's favor until Orndorff submitted to a figure four leg lock.</p><p>

<strong>Ric Flair w/Elizabeth defeated Paul Orndorff</strong> {90}</p><p> </p><p>

<em>A Sting hype video plays, highlighting some of Sting's biggest wins in WCW.</em> {84}</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Sting.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/vs.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/The%20Giant.jpg</span><span>http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Organic/Jimmy20Hart.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Sting VS The Giant© w/Jimmy Hart for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship</strong></p><p>

The power of The Giant was in full display as he tossed Sting around like a rag doll early on in this match. Despite this Sting would not stay down and soon the lack of stamina on The Giant's part becomes apparent as he slows down. Sting is able to exploit this opening and soon Sting has the advantage. A few Stinger Splashes land to huge applause but Sting tries one too many and the Giant catches Sting by the neck. Sting gets Choke Slammed and The Giant makes the pin only to have Sting get a foot on the ropes. The Giant is livid and he lifts Sting up only to have Sting smack the Giant in the ears causing the Giant to drop Sting. Sting then takes The Giant down with an amazing body slam that causing the entire audience lose their minds. Sting then tries to hook the Giant into the Scorpion Death Lock but the giant kicks him off as predicted by Bobby Heenan. Sting looks frustrated as the Giant gets up. The Giant runs at Sting only to have Sting move and catch the Giant rebounding off the ropes with a massive power slam before making the pin!</p><p>

<strong>Sting defeated The Giant w/Jimmy Hart to become the WCW World Champion!</strong> {80}</p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p>Preview of WCW Monday Nitro</p><p> </p><p>

The Steiner Brothers VS Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick w/Col. Parker</p><p> </p><p>

Jim Duggan VS Diamond Dallas Page w/Booty Babe</p><p> </p><p>

Eddy Guerrero and Konnan VS The Blue Bloods (Regal & Eaton)</p><p> </p><p>

Evad Sullivan VS Super J</p><p> </p><p>

El Dandy VS Rey Misterio</p><p> </p><p>

Billy Kidman VS The Giant</p><p> </p><p>

The Road Warrios VS Malenko and Benoit w/Woman</p><p> </p><p>

Lex Luger VS Squire David Taylor for the WCW TV Championship</p><p> </p><p>

PLUS</p><p> </p><p>

Jim Cornette has something to say to Sting and Lex Luger!</p>

<p>Good PPV, really surprised to see Giant being unseated for the title. But if your avatar is Cornette, then it makes sense as he would want someone who can bring it in the ring to be holding the World title; as awe-inspiring as The Giant was in his early career, a good wrestler he most certainly was not. The pics for everyone was nice to see, are you doing those only for PPV or for Nitro as well? Either way it's all good, as it makes the show seem like a much bigger deal. The biggest shock of all is that Disco cannot dance anymore! The humanity of it all!</p><p> </p><p>

<em>The Steiner Brothers</em> VS Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick w/Col. Parker</p><p> </p><p>

Jim Duggan VS <em>Diamond Dallas Page</em> w/Booty Babe</p><p>

<em>Hopefully a good move transitioning her back to Page.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Eddy Guerrero and Konnan VS <em>The Blue Bloods (Regal & Eaton)</em></p><p><em>

I almost go with the youth on this one, but Regal and Eaton are an actual team.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Evad Sullivan VS <em>Super J</em></p><p><em>

You don't have to be dyslexic to spell "lol"</em></p><p> </p><p>

El Dandy VS <em>Rey Misterio</em></p><p><em>

Just don't doubt El Dandy.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Billy Kidman VS <em>The Giant</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>The Road Warriors</em> VS Malenko and Benoit w/Woman</p><p>

<em>A win to re-establish the Warriors after the previous night's loss.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Lex Luger</em> VS Squire David Taylor for the WCW TV Championship</p><p>

<em>I was a bit surprised to see you keeping the belt on Lex. I also don't mind though as he makes a good champion no matter what belt he carries.</em></p>

The Steiner Brothers VS Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick w/Col. Parker

Jim Duggan VS Diamond Dallas Page w/Booty Babe

Eddy Guerrero and Konnan VS The Blue Bloods (Regal & Eaton)

Evad Sullivan VS Super J

El Dandy VS Rey Misterio

Billy Kidman VS The Giant

The Road Warrios VS Malenko and Benoit w/Woman

Lex Luger VS Squire David Taylor for the WCW TV Championship

PLUS

Jim Cornette has something to say to Sting and Lex Luger!

Good PPV, really surprised to see Giant being unseated for the title. But if your avatar is Cornette, then it makes sense as he would want someone who can bring it in the ring to be holding the World title; as awe-inspiring as The Giant was in his early career, a good wrestler he most certainly was not. The pics for everyone was nice to see, are you doing those only for PPV or for Nitro as well? Either way it's all good, as it makes the show seem like a much bigger deal. The biggest shock of all is that Disco cannot dance anymore! The humanity of it all!

Glad you liked the PPV! I'm still on the fence if I want pics on Nitro or just PPV, maybe some more feedback from the readers will help me decide....

<p>Preview of WCW Monday Nitro</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Steiner Brothers</strong> VS Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick w/Col. Parker</p><p>

<em>I don't know when/where the Steiner boys split, but when it happens -- I'm thinking they're going to drop a couple matches first. Judging by the opposition, it isn't happening yet.</em></p><p>

Jim Duggan VS <strong>Diamond Dallas Page w/Booty Babe</strong></p><p>

<em>Hacksaw just can't cut it in '96 brother</em></p><p>

Eddy Guerrero and Konnan VS <strong>The Blue Bloods (Regal & Eaton)</strong></p><p>

<em>The Blue Bloods are going to take the dub here over the "probably hispanic pairing" so Regal can get his "win back" on Eddie</em></p><p>

Evad Sullivan VS <strong>Super J</strong></p><p>

<em>Super J has the upper hand here</em></p><p>

El Dandy VS <strong>Rey Misterio</strong></p><p>

<em>King vs. A Dandy? King takes the Squire.</em></p><p>

Billy Kidman VS <strong>The Giant</strong></p><p>

<em>Actually, Hogan "away from the title" is best for business in any RW mod-- he's so massively over and entertaining enough to cut a good promo, Hogan doesn't really "need" to be WCW Champion to draw on PPV, brother.</em></p><p>

<strong>The Road Warrios </strong>VS Malenko and Benoit w/Woman</p><p>

<em>Hawk and The Animal are way over -- I don't think BenoLenko have what it takes. I usually debut BenoLenko as "Tiger Kid and Pegusus Kid" and if Rocco Rock is still around, he dawns a mask and becomes "Chettah Kid"</em></p><p>

<strong>Lex Luger </strong>VS Squire David Taylor for the WCW TV Championship</p><p>

<em>A huge push here for one Squire Taylor -- The turtle package has been in an awful lot of Main Events, but the run has to end here.</em></p><p>

PLUS</p><p> </p><p>

Jim Cornette has something to say to Sting and Lex Luger!</p><p>

On the pictures debate: I'm personally indifferent -- I think you'll garner more of an audience with pictures on both Nitro and PPV, so I'd go with them, but I'll keep reading either way. Either way, I think either changing your font and/or possibly using another color (I'd recommend either Purple or Gold) in your presentation would make it an easier read.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

WCW Monday Nitro Week 1 June 1996 {82}

Live in front of 10,000 (sold out) fans in the Landon Arena

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/Sting.jpg

Sting cuts a promo on The Giant! {82}

Nitro starts off with Sting in the ring, WCW World Heavyweight Title slung over his shoulder and grin on his face from ear to ear. Sting tells the fans he “wouldn't be standing in this ring as your world champion if it wasn't for all your support. The Giant put up one heck of a fight last night, I won't lie, but no one fights as hard as the Stinger! Now, the Giant may have a rematch clause but I'll tell you all this...If he calls in his rematch, well he's just wasting his time and yours! You see, no one is going to take this belt from me unless they go ahead and kill me in this ring! The Stinger is on top of the wrestling business and business is good! Now, if there are any wrestlers in the back who want a shot at me and this World Championship....Sting's dance card is always open!”

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/RickSteiner.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/ScottSteiner.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/Defeated.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/BunkhouseBuck.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/DickSlater.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/ColParker.jpg

The Steiner Brothers defeated Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick Slater w/Col. Parker {68}

This was a classic WCW tag match with both teams showing a great deal of technical prowess and amateur wrestling skill. Things end when Scott Steiner pins Buck after a huge Franken-Steiner off the top turnbuckle. The announcers speculate that the Steiner's could be up for a shot at the tag team titles very soon as they seem to be on quite the winning streak lately.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/KevinSullivan.jpg

Kevin Sulivan warns Hulk Hogan about the Cult of Immortality! {84}

The announcers let us know that we are going to a pre-recorded video message from Kevin Sullivan. In the video we see Kevin in some kind of gothic church-like setting. Kevin is dressed in a red robe and he appears to have blood wiped across his face. He looks up at the camera and begins to speak

“Hogan, it seems you have once again defeated a member of the Dungeon of Doom....just as I planned you would. You see Hogan, the Dungeon was but a mere distraction meant to keep you busy as I put my true plan in to motion. Hulk Hogan, the Immortal Hulk Hogan...the only thing in this world that is truly immortal is evil and soon you will learn what true evil is as my Cult of Immortality descends upon WCW and feeds of the ignorance of people like you! The Dungeon of Doom is no more, they have served their purpose...now you shall be destroyed by the Cult of Immortality...or you will become its final member Hogan! Haaaaa, haa, ha!”

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/DDP.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/DiamondDoll.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/Defeated.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/JimDuggan.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/Madusa.jpg

Diamond Dallas Page w/The Diamond Doll defeated Jim Duggan w/Madusa {64}

Page and Duggan put on a classic back and forth match with DDP playing the typical cocky heel and Duggan the patriot flag waver. The Booty Babe, or the Diamond Doll as the announcers informed us of her new name, tried to get involved but Madusa would have none of that. The finish came when DDP landed a Diamond Cutter on Duggan then made the pin for a three count. The announcers commented that Page may be a future world champion.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/TheGiant.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/JimmyHart.jpg

The Giant and Jimmy Hart respond to Sting! {79}

After a commercial break the Giant and Jimmy Hart are in the ring. Jimmy claims that Sting only one because The Giant and Jimmy were pre-occupied with the Kevin Sullivan/Dungeon of Doom situation which is now apparent to everyone. Jimmy claims that in less than a month's time The Giant will regain the World Championship and destroy Sting's career in the process. The Giant adds that Sting got lucky, but in a few weeks Sting's luck will have run out permanently when The Giant choke slams Sting straint through the mat and get what belongs to him.”

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/EddieGuerrero.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/Konnan.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/Defeated.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/LordStevenRegal.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/EarlRobertEaton.jpg

Eddie Guerrero and Konnan defeated The Blue Bloods {74}

This was a quick paced back and forth match with both teams pulling out all the stops. The Blue Bloods tried to ground the luchadors but Eddie and Konnan were just as good on the mat as they are in the air. Things ended when Eddie landed a Frog Splash on Regal as Konnan put Eaton in a Tequila Sunrise on the outside of the ring.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/JimCornette.jpg

Jim Cornette lays down the law to the tag champs! {77}

Cornette came out and said he wasn't here to waste the time of the fans so he was going to be real quick. Sting and Luger both hold two titles but they have yet to defend the tag belts as they are contractually obligated to do every 30 days. In fact, they have yet to put the tag titles on the line since they won them back in January. So, if they wish to remain tag champions they will defend the titles at the upcoming PPV along with their singles titles unless they wish to forfeit the tag belts. Cornette says they have two weeks to make a decision as he has a PPV to advertise.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/SuperJ.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/SonnyOnoo.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/Defeated.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/DaveSullivan.jpg

Super J w/Sonny Onoo defeated Evad Sullivan {38}

In a quick squash match Super J destroys Evad. The announcers note that the Asian Invasion lost a lot of its luster when The Great Muta left, but perhaps Super J can be the man to bring it back.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/JimCornette.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/ReyMisterio.jpg

Jim Cornette introduces the new #1 contender to the Cruiserweight Championship...Rey Misterio! {37}

Jim Cornette is in the ring when Nitro comes back from a commercial break and he seems a lot less upset then he did earlier in the night. He begins to speak in his quick machinegun like style he is famous for as the audience listens intently.

“After conferring with the WCW Cruiserweight Championship Committee we have determined that AAA's Rey Misterio is the number one contender to the WCW Cruiserweight Championship! At the Great American Bash Eddie Guerrero will face Rey Misterio in a classic lucha libre Mask VS Title match! Now, in order to show each and every one of you why Rey Misterio deserves a shot at the title he will face another great luchador tonight! In fact, Rey Misterio facing El Dandy is coming up next...

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/ReyMisterio.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/Defeated.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/ElDandy.jpg

Rey Misterio defeated El Dandy {42}

This was a fast paced lucha libre style match that saw the crowd oohing and aweing. Both men gave it their all but Rey Misterio came out on top after a swinging arm breaker out of the corner called the Mystery Move. During the match the announcers were sure to play up the skill and talent of Rey Misterio making him seem to be a legitimate threat to Eddie's title.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/RicFlair.jpg

Ric Flair is Da Man! {96}

After another brief commercial break we see Ric Flair in the ring with a microphone. Ric lets the audience know that his match with Paul Orndorff was one of the toughest in his career but once again Ric has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is in fact the man! Ric goes on to say that he and many of the fans expected to see Randy show up to the PPV and get involved but it seems like the Macho Man is more of a coward than he gave him credit for. Ric ends his promo by letting the fans know that soon the Horsemen will once again be the dominant force in WCW.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/TheGiant.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/JimmyHart.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/Defeated.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/BillyKidman.jpg

The Giant w/Jimmy Hart defeated Billy Kidman {53}

In a typical squash match The Giant destroyed Billy Kidman! Kidman was not able to get a single punch thrown as The Giant grabbed him moments before the bell and never let up. The announcers note that Sting may have awoken the true Giant and things could be very bad for the Stinger at the rematch.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/PaulOrndorff.jpg

Orndorff has unfinished business with Ric Flair! {86}

Paul Orndorff was in the back when Mean Gene Okerlund asks him to respond to Ric's comments. Orndorff acknowledged that he did lose to Ric at the PPV, but a single battle rarely decides the outcome of a war. Orndorff further goes on to say that he wants Ric one more time at the upcoming Great American Bash because Paul just know things will be different this time around.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/RoadWarriorHawk.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/RoadWarriorAnimal.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/Defeated.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/DeanMalenko.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/ChrisBenoit.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/Woman.jpg

The Road Warriors defeated Malenko & Benoit w/Woman {83}

This was a great tag team match that featured many fast tags from Benoit and Malenko as well as a lot of power moves out of the Road Warriors. Near the end of the match Ric Flair and Arn Anderson made their way down to the ringside area however they did not get involved in the match. Things ended when Benoit was given a Doomsday Device.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/RicFlair.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/ArnAnderson.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/DeanMalenko.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/ChrisBenoit.jpg

Horsemen domination! {69}

After the match Ric Flair and Arn Anderson got into the ring but instead of attacking the Road Warriors they started to beat on Benoit and Malenko. The announcers were confused by this sudden turn of events, but Heenan commented that this might be the end of Benoit's time in the group. After security pulled Ric and Arn away emts rushed out to check on the downed wrestlers.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/LexLuger.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/Defeated.jpghttp://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p785/TonyTheGamerDad/WCW%20Corny/SquireDavidTaylor.jpg

Lex Luger defeated Squire David to retain the TV Championship {75}

The main event was a classic back and forth match with several near falls and a 2 ¾ count that nearly saw David Taylor take the TV title. The announcers noted that since Lex has to defend the TV title at every televised WCW event he seems to be suffering from fatigue. Lex was able to pull off the victory with a Torture Rack of Doom but this was the closest he came to losing the belt since he won it. Heenan speculated that Lex's ego wouldn't let him vacate either title and he might just wind up with none.

WCW Saturday Night Week 1 June 1996 {76}

Live in front of 2,000 fans(SOLD OUT) in the Pikesville College Gym

Eddy Hyped himself at the top of WCW Saturday Night. He said he was glad to see his fellow Latino get a shot at the WCW Cruiserweight Championship, but Rey Misterio would wind up with no belt and no mask after their match at the Great American Bash! {64}

Rey Misterio defeated Dr. Wagner and La Parka in a 3way Lucha Libre Match {40}

This match showed off the lucha libre style as well as gave the fans another look at the number one contender to Eddie's title.

Frost w/Dusty Rhodes defeated The Gambler {30}

In a quick match, Frost made short work of The Gambler with a combonation of Karate moves and technical wrestling.

Sabu defeated Bobby Walker w/Teddy Long {57}

The homicidal, suicidal, genocidal Sabu pulled out all the stops just like he does each and every match he has and it paid off with a win over Bobby Walker. Walker for his part looked better than he has in a long time but still failed to get the win despite a Teddy Long distraction.

Tanaka and Jushin Liger w/Sonny Onoo defeated The Border Patrol {55}

The Border Patrol was in control of this one for most of the match only to fall victim to the Asian Invasion numbers game. A distraction by Sonny Onoo and a sneak attack from Kurasawa was all it took for Tanaka and Liger to steal a win in this match.

Jim Cornette was in the ring after a commercial break and reminded the fans that Disco was banned from dancing. Cornette went on to say that in order to ensure Disco lives up this stipulation Disco would be DQ'ed if the referee saw him dancing at any point, whether it was his entrance or during the match. {58}

Fobia defeated Disco Inferno {45}

The new face painted hero in WCW, Fobia, took the fight right to Disco and took control of this one early on. Disco was able to turn things around and it looked like he would defeat the debuting Fobia but Alex Wright came out and distracted Disco. Alex danced around the ring and this lead to Disco dancing back at Alex leading to Disco getting DQ'ed!

Public Enemy defeated The American Males {54}

In a hard hitting match Public Enemy defeated The American Males when Marcus Bagwell refused to tag in Scotty Riggs and he ended up getting pinned by Rocco Rock. Things seem to be coming to a head for the American Males and a split up could be in the works.

A replay of Kevin Sullivan's promo from Nitro is played. {83}

Nuke defeated Hugh Morrus w/Jimmy Hart {61}

Demonstrating his immense strength, Nuke dominated Hug Morrus with ease. Jimmy Hart tried to distract Nuke, but the nuclear power house ignored the Mouth of the South and pinned Hugh after a Fall Out (Oklahoma Stampede)!

The Steiner Brothers defeated The Blue Bloods {78}

This was a great back and forth match with both teams going all out. The Steiner Brothers power was the deciding factor as Regal and Eaton just couldn't stop the suplex onslaught before Eaton got pinned by Rick.

A highlight video of Sting and Lex Luger played ending with “Will they vacate?” {100}

Lex Luger defeated Dick Slater w/Col. Parker {70}

Once again Lex had a tough time with what should have been an easy victory. Lex did manage to get the victory after a Torture Rack of Doom, but not from a submission but a DQ since Arn Anderson attacked Lex with the belt as he held Slater up.

Following the match Arn continued his assault on Lex, WCW Saturday Night ending with a bloody Lex lying in the ring. {96}

Eddy Guerrero VS Jushin Thunder Liger w/Sonny Onoo

La Parka VS Disco Inferno

Fire & Ice VS Harlem Heat w/Sister Sherri

Steve Doll VS Bam Bam Bigelow

Fobia VS The Mauler

Rick Steiner VS Diamond Dallas Page

Lex Luger VS Earl Robert Eaton for the WCW Television Championship

Sting VS Lord Steven Regal

PLUS

Arn Anderson Speaks out about his assaults on Lex Luger and Chris Benoit

Konnan has words for Diamond Dallas Page