Some suggestions...

I don't know if there will be another in the works or anything, but a few things that I think would be nice to have.

Enhance player interests and team roles:

I know there are stuff like Loyalty, Greed, and Play for Winner. However, it should be expanded upon. Some players want to start, some players expect to play X amount of minutes each game, some players want to be a focal point in the offense. However, some of those can be changed if they have a high desire to play for a winner. So, if the team is a winner, the player would be willing to lower their demands in order to play for a winner.

In the negotiations screen, the player will tell you that they prefer X amount of money for X amount of years and they want to be a starter.

So, along of setting the terms of the contract, you can set the role you are offering the player on your team whether it's a starter, 6th man, bench player, locker room leader, etc.

If the player wants to player for a winner, he would be more likely to accept one of the lesser roles to play for the winner. However, if they are greedy, they will go wherever the money and the chance to be the star is at. Someone who has high loyalty, is more likely to re-sign for lesser money and a lesser role.

For example, David West turned down 11 million to stay with the Pacers to take less money and a lesser role to play for the Spurs as they have a better opportunity for a championship.

Draft Lottery reveal:

I like a little bit of suspense. I'd like to have the lottery order hidden in letter boxes, then when you click on the number, the team is revealed. It's minor, but can add to the immersion.

• 3 weeks later...

More suggestions

Locked Positions:

I grow tired of having to manually switch a player's position, because that player might've played in a certain position on one team.

So, while a player might be slotted in a different position in a team's lineup (say a normally SF, playing some PF when they go small ball), they will still be categorized as a SF when you search for him in free agency or scouting.

Also, there should be a true option for dual positions. Someone is either categorized as a C, PF, SF, SG, or PG. There is no option for C/PF, SG/SF, PG/SG, etc. The closest thing is in the depth charts, but that's not much.

Archived