Good Luck

Yeah, good luck man, it is going to be an incredibly hard task to make this game fun(...errr arcadish), and even slightly realistic. I dont honestly think it will work, but hopefully over time, when more info comes out, it will be alot sound alot less... TNMish. One quick question, can you work for only one federation at a time as the faq implies? If so, I have already given up hope for this game :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Unregistered]Yeah, good luck man, it is going to be an incredibly hard task to make this game fun(...errr arcadish), and even slightly realistic. I dont honestly think it will work, but hopefully over time, when more info comes out, it will be alot sound alot less... TNMish. One quick question, can you work for only one federation at a time as the faq implies? If so, I have already given up hope for this game :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] Well, i think you'll be pleasently surprised by just how realistic the in-ring product is. Stringing together moves and working body parts works very well in FiSpi, to the extent that you can even use real strategies, such as working over someone's arm so as they can't use press slams, or working their legs so that they can't do springboard moves. You can work for multiple federations, i'm not sure where you got the idea you couldn't? It's like the real independent scene, you can work for several promotions at once, from local promotions that pay you $50 for a night's work to going over to Japan and working a tour.

It's not an arcade game. Moves are selected via mouse from an on-screen list. Think back to the classic text wrestling sims pre-EWR, like Rampage Wrestling, the ones where you'd have a small selection of moves, and you'd make your selection from a list. It's the same principles as that, except taken to a much higher level.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]Well, i think you'll be pleasently surprised by just how realistic the in-ring product is. Stringing together moves and working body parts works very well in FiSpi, to the extent that you can even use real strategies, such as working over someone's arm so as they can't use press slams, or working their legs so that they can't do springboard moves. You can work for multiple federations, i'm not sure where you got the idea you couldn't? It's like the real independent scene, you can work for several promotions at once, from local promotions that pay you $50 for a night's work to going over to Japan and working a tour.[/QUOTE] Ohh thank the lord! Heh My appoligies, I only got the idea cause you said something along the lines of "Sign a contract with a company" or something, so I was just a little worried. But now thats out of the way, I feel alot better already really. I know this may be going a little far, but just out of curiousity, because of all the new stuff.... Does that its gonna make it even harder for RaveX? Man, I am really starting to feel bad for stats maker's these days :D

[Quote]I know this may be going a little far, but just out of curiousity, because of all the new stuff.... Does that its gonna make it even harder for RaveX? Man, I am really starting to feel bad for stats maker's these days :D[/QUOTE] To be honest, i've had no contact with any of the stat makers over whether they'll be doing stuff for the new game. However, i can say that the editor is about a gazillion times quicker than TEW (ok, slight exaggeration...but not by much), so it's a lot easier for stats makers to use it.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]To be honest, i've had no contact with any of the stat makers over whether they'll be doing stuff for the new game. However, i can say that the editor is about a gazillion times quicker than TEW (ok, slight exaggeration...but not by much), so it's a lot easier for stats makers to use it.[/QUOTE] Ohh, no offence or anything. Or not trying to say your in cahoots with anyone. But you gotta admit, the amount of statmakers who used to work on EWR, and then the amount of statmakers who worked on TEW... It has gone from just about everyone(exaggerating myself... but not by much) having a there own update, or at least there very own scenario, to three... or four. I really dont believe its because they did not buy the game either (if they did not.. well, not much you can do about that eh?) but the pure magnatude of stats options sorta turns away alot of possible stat makers. But oh well, I guess I will be much more into this game if it turns out be as good as we will all hope for it to be, maybe I can be the next big Stats superstar eh?.. Just think of it... Unregistered Stats... Ohh yeah... Dig it..

There'll probably be a conversion tool available before release that takes TEW files and turns them into FiSpi files. It [B]WON'T[/B] be a perfect conversion - you'll still need to go in and edit information to make it usable - but it will take away a lot of the grunt work from the process. I based the FiSpi database on a port of the TEW database, and it didn't take very long to make usable.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]There'll probably be a conversion tool available before release that takes TEW files and turns them into FiSpi files. It [B]WON'T[/B] be a perfect conversion - you'll still need to go in and edit information to make it usable - but it will take away a lot of the grunt work from the process. I based the FiSpi database on a port of the TEW database, and it didn't take very long to make usable.[/QUOTE] Woah that's awesome. I have to say I wasn't particularly excited when I heard about this new game (particularly because games in this genre before have been pretty unconvincing) but looking at the features and who is developing it makes me think this has a lot of potential. Good luck Adam.

So far from the little info you have given on fighting spirit sounds great. I will definitely be looking forward to more info on the game. I just have one question, will there be a weight detection system in the matches so crusierweights won't be throwing around larger wrestlers.

[QUOTE=Ja7482]So far from the little info you have given on fighting spirit sounds great. I will definitely be looking forward to more info on the game. I just have one question, will there be a weight detection system in the matches so crusierweights won't be throwing around larger wrestlers.[/QUOTE] Yup, there's a full weight detection system. Moves are also limited by skill, so if you don't have any technical skill, you can't even attempt a German suplex for example, so each wrestler has an arsenal of moves that are actually realistic to his weight, style, and skill.

Archived