BBCF update 1.62 live

I've just completed an update for BBCF (version 1.62) with the features below. I have updated the main installer, update installer and the free demo. The update is free for anyone who has purchased BBCF to this point and has a valid license:

Main install:

http://download.elicense.com/GDS/BBInstall.exe

1.62 update (if you have version 1.52 or later installed, or if you have the demo and want to upgrade):

http://download.elicense.com/GDS/BBUpdate162.exe

Updated Free demo (if you don't currently own BBCF and want to try it):

http://download.elicense.com/GDS/BBInstalldemo.exe

Because this game is going on sale, the pstats.dat includes the 1.52 nicknames (ie, Arizona Bobcats) and non-corporate bowl games. If you don't want the update to overwrite your pstats.dat you used from 1.60 to 1.62, I also included a zipped version of the update:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wf4gm1u9fhdpea5/BBCFUpdate162.zip

Just copy over the files in graphics/screens and the main files except pstats.dat. If you don't have 1.60 or later, just go ahead and download the full 1.62 update above (it will overwrite your pstats.dat file though, so make sure to back it up beforehand if you want to save your version).

Here's the contents of the update (it's also in the bbcfupdate16.txt file with the patch):

1. Updated the team list to have all 128 teams in the proper conferences. Added helmets and team information for all the new teams. I also made all the names match college football (ie, no more South Bend).

2. The game now schedules 12 games per team (instead of 11). There may be instances where 1-2 teams rarely get 11 games because of the new league structure - but I haven't seen this in the latest versions of the update.

3. Added new schedule options including handling 13-team conferences with two divisions in the 7-6 format. The game also schedules 9 conference games for the Pacific 12 and Big 12 (before they only had 8)

4. Added in a new postseason option called "4-team Playoffs". This is essentially the 2015 format with the play-in game happening in week 20 and the winners squaring off in week 21 for the championship. So, you can now play the Old BCS, a 16-team playoff or the current "And 1" playoff format.

5. Updated the Bowl list to include all 40 current bowl games. I also updated the select logic to mimic the current process. There is some subjectivity in the current process, but this should end up fairly close. Reminder for modding, you can create your own bowl logos by naming them the bowl name with _ where spaces occur. So, for the Gildan New Mexico Bowl, you would name the file Gildan_New_Mexico_Bowl.jpg (and put it the graphics/bowl/ folder).

6. Update the prestige values to more closely resemble the 2015 landscape. Given the player creation logic, you will still see some fluctuation at the start of each game.

7. Change the bowl eligibility logic. With 80 teams selected for bowls now, I had to allow teams with 5 wins to be selected.

8. (added 1.61) Added in a coach editor to change ratings and info for the OC, DC and ST coach on any team.

9. Some other minor enhancements and bug fixes.

Obviously, old saves won't have all these changes as the pstats.dat file will have been much different (no new teams, bowls, etc). The updated version of the game should still work with old saves, but it hasn't been fully tested with each mod/save setup. Outside of some of the minor bug fixes, the new version *should* schedule 12 games per team the next offseason it is used. I would highly recommend starting a new game to get all the new features/changes.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect timing Arlie. Actually just dusted this game off and started a new career about a week ago. Thanks for the update.

Any chance of allowing us to edit the number of teams in a future version of the game? Would love to play a smaller sized fictional league with only 50-60 schools.

You can still mod like people did on the last version. If you are changing the structure, you need to open the pstats.dat file with ms access (or access editing program). Just change the teams and conference table. Also make sure you remove some bowl games as you will get an error of not enough teams are bowl eligible. Finally, remove any entries from the schedmatch table that you don't need (nonconf matchups that occur each year).

Great news! Are there going to be any enhancements in Multiplayer mode? Some thing like editing coach information like age and alma mater or deleting game plans or some form of import for scheduling? Also, have the offense and defense philosophis been updated for modern sets.

Can't wait to try this out.

This...lol.

Try doing a full install and then adding the above zip. I'm using a Win 8.1 right now as a test machine and it runs OK.

I think I may have registry corrupt on my C drive. I can't de-install either. I receive an install.log error.

I went ahead and unlicensed, then installed a fresh run on another partitioned drive...maybe that will do the trick. Going create a league and sim a few seasons to make sure everything runs fluidly

EDIT - Still getting a Run-Time error '48' Error in loading DLL

This is the same one I have been getting for sometime trying to load this. I know others have posted on the boards getting the same thing in past months....not sure how to fix it.

It is Ragin...I am not sure what is going on. Corrupted to the point I can not cleanly de-install it.

However, I can not create a league or delete with my current version loaded on this PC but I can create a league on an old PC I had from years ago....still had BBCF on it. I also can transfer a league created from the old PC onto my newer pc having trouble and the league seems to run fine at this point. I have simmed through the first season to check the scheduling aspect mostly first and noticed all conferences/teams did schedule 12 games with the exception of the Sun Belt - 11 teams, 7 schedule 12, 2 scheduled 11, and 2 scheduled 10

Updated to 1.61 with this change:

8. (added 1.61) Added in a coach editor to change ratings and info for the OC, DC and ST coach on any team.

I also added in a DLL that should go in the same folder as the main game EXE to help some people with an error they were getting on startup.

Updated to 1.61 with this change:

I also added in a DLL that should go in the same folder as the main game EXE to help some people with an error they were getting on startup.

Arlie,

Any thoughts on allowing this type of feature for head coaches and some of the Multiplayer tweaks I mentioned before?

Also I did testing on both WWCF and GDCFL online leagues and the patch works well with them minus that the new features don't take effect which is expected based on your release notes.

Could there maybe be some slight UI updates in the future, like a lighter skin with dark text?

Also on my wishlist is more offensive schemes, the ability to select playoff bowl berths manually, and some kind of editor that does not require buying Microsoft Access.

Also, it would be nice to have the option to create a game with only 4 conferences or something like that.

Also on my wishlist is more offensive schemes,

I agree with this. More Offensive of schemes like the spread option.

I would like a little more flexibility with switching players in position. Such as RB to ILB or OLB, WR to CB, just a couple examples.

Also, An athletic player to be more athletic so he can play more different positions.

Arlie, thank you for this update.

I have a request, and hopefully you can get this corrected. In the 14-team conferences, the teams are playing a 5-3 schedule instead of a 6-2. So every team is missing a game against a division rival. For instance, in 2015, Alabama doesn't play Texas A&M. FWIW, it looks like this is symmetrical among the 14-team conferences (by the numerical order of the teams).

Thanks again, and hopefully this won't be too tough for you to resolve.

The ideal setup would be for the user to be able to select the format for conference scheduling (6-2, 6-1-1 (for permanent crossover rivals), 6-3 (the Big Ten is going to nine conference games next year), etc.

Arlie, thank you for this update.

I have a request, and hopefully you can get this corrected. In the 14-team conferences, the teams are playing a 5-3 schedule instead of a 6-2. So every team is missing a game against a division rival. For instance, in 2015, Alabama doesn't play Texas A&M. FWIW, it looks like this is symmetrical among the 14-team conferences (by the numerical order of the teams).

Thanks again, and hopefully this won't be too tough for you to resolve.

The ideal setup would be for the user to be able to select the format for conference scheduling (6-2, 6-1-1 (for permanent crossover rivals), 6-3 (the Big Ten is going to nine conference games next year), etc.

I used the Conference USA format as the template for the 14-team conferences. They do a 5-3 setup and I think it balances out the conference a little better for online leagues than the SEC 6-2 method. In the future, what I will have to do is tailored schedules for each conference (some 14 teams do 5-3 while others do 6-2). But, given I've tried to allow some flexibility for leagues, I've done a standard for most conferences sizes. The only change is I did do a 9-game conference schedule for 12 teams (Pac 12) and an 8-game (like the Mountain West). I didn't, however, do separate schedules for teams with the same number of teams and conference games. That would have to be in a later version at this point.