Most Embaressing Loss?

Okay, let's hear 'em... your most embaressing losses in WriSpi. For me, it'd be Fox Mask losing to Lobster Warrior in 4:00, when lobster fell out on top of an atomic drop and somehow got a three-count. For the AI, it'd have to be the time the Lords of Pain lost to Calamari Kid... in a 2 on 1 handicap match. Who else has something embaressing?

Exhibition match. I was controlling Bruce The Giant against Candy Floss. Bruce goes for a bodyslam first move. Candy falls on top out of it. 1... 2... No way I need to bother using Fighting Spirit to kick out on a woman, right?.... Wrong. 3. One minute. I can crawl back under my desk now.

Wasn't too embarasing, more just frustrating to be honest... against Manchester Fly Boy... I was in Medium and he was in Danger.. I hit 4 finishers and he kicked out of them all.. then falls out on me as I do a Bow and Arrow Lock and gets the 3. Turned the game off at that point and sulked for a few hours.

I've been there, Damian. I just got out of a match where I was completely schooled by a a team that I had decent success with. Normally the matches are pretty even, but this time one guy busted out 24 of 27 moves on me!!! It was practically a handicap match. By the time I tagged out, I was in danger, and he had barely been touched. Only got a C for that one...

lol i get those alot... one match will be even and go either way. Next match up, I spend 95% of it trying to avoid, block, counter whatever and the guy hits next to everymove.. anytime i go for a hit, he counters and I end up losing without hitting the guy more than once. What sucks is the guys that this happen with are usually wack as hell, like one stat in 30 and the rest real low. It's one thing that bugs me with the game... you try a billion times to hit a move and don't... so switch characters and it'll still be the same, suddenly your original guy is better. Makes it challenging but sometimes it just gets on ya nerves. Example.. in my real update, Rey Mysterio totally schooled me as Batista, HHH, Kane and Benoit.. barely got a single hit in the whole match. Yet switch the rolls and it stills goes against you.

I'd have thought Technical reflected most countering ways, minus Break which would be down to power guys. But it seems people with stats like 5, 7 and 30.. can out wrestle somebody with 60, 70 and 80, with real ease. It's pretty randomised.

[QUOTE=Damian]I'd have thought Technical reflected most countering ways, minus Break which would be down to power guys. But it seems people with stats like 5, 7 and 30.. can out wrestle somebody with 60, 70 and 80, with real ease. It's pretty randomised.[/QUOTE] No it is not "randomised", and I've already given in-depth explanations on how it works, one of which you can find with a quick search of this forum. The chance of hitting a move is based on the Frequency, with [I]slight[/I] modifications based upon the stats and conditions of the two wrestlers involved. If you're getting reversed all the time then you are either going for moves with too low of a Frequency, or you're just being unlucky. There is [B]NO[/B] other reasons why you will be out-wrestled by someone with lower stats, it is purely down to basic probability theory.

I think you've misunderstood the concept slightly. Your example said a Punch was countered by a move with lower Frequency, so for the sake or argument let's say it was a Snap Suplex. To make it easy, let's say the Punch has 80% Frequency and the Snap Suplex has 50%. The way you've described it makes it sound like: [QUOTE]Player A tries the Punch at 80%, Player B tried the Snap Suplex at 50%, the Snap Suplex "wins" the battle.[/QUOTE] That is not the case. What would actually happen would be: [QUOTE]Player A tries the Punch at 80%. Player A FAILS to execute the move. [I]Control passes to Player B.[/I] Player B tries the Snap Suplex at 50%. Player B EXECUTES the move.[/QUOTE] The key difference that I think you've missed is that the Snap Suplex doesn't even get attempted unless Player A fails first. Therefore you're not being "countered by a move with lower Frequency" in the sense that that is somehow beating your move. What's happening is that you're failing to execute your move first, and then the opponent is succeeding. The reason you've probably not noticed that he is failing his counter more than you is because it wouldn't show on-screen if he missed (although that is fixed in the new patch though, as it will tell you that both missed).

I just had two back-to-back matches where I lost due to moves being countered with "Fall." The first one I assumed I wouldn't lose, so I didn't use fighter spirit. The second I *did* use fighter spirit, but it didn't matter. In both, I lost with my energy High, and theirs in Danger. Is there a bigger chance of a Fall happening when I use a finisher? Both losses came from Finishers getting reversed, and when it comes to games, I tend not to lean toward coincidences.

[QUOTE=EdJames]Had someone in danger without gtting hit once, I climbed the top rope for my special, missed it and he pinned me for 3!!! I hadn't had ANY damage before that![/QUOTE] Hate when that happens.. I lost my tag titles doing that.... should be an option for the partner to break the pin.

Archived