Most Embaressing Loss?

[QUOTE=EdJames]How many times in real life have you seen someone miss they're top rope finisher and the other dude just walk over and pin them? NEVER![/QUOTE] It does happen. When Spike first came into the WWF it was the only way he won matches. And remember, it's not really strolling over and gently pinning. The failed finisher is in agony (eg failed frog spalsh), allowing your opponent to quickly rush over and scrape the 3 count.

It is still pretty crappy though. You might aswell never use a finisher with a lift in it or a flying move that can miss. Since they have such a high success rate and therefore a high chance of losing should you miss/be fallen on (25% frequency for a 90% pin=70%ish chance you about to lose if you try the move), then why would you bother with them? There should be a lower chance of being pinned after missing a big move otherwise you might as well never use the moves which would defeat some of the point in being a flyer/power wrestler. How often has Undertaker been pinned by people falling on him? How many times has Eddie or RVD been beaten seconds after missing a Frog Splash? Exactly Derek B - has also has a fair share of stupid losses like that and can add up numbers too

I remember when I was a rookie as Jeremy Shaw I beat Insane Mcahine in 6 minutes after I fell on top of a pumphandle powerslam I believe. Good win. As for losses for me, I was Human Arsenal and lost to a rookie in WLW in like 9 minutes. I felt so ashamed I deleted that game.

I've had the fluke win happen 3 times so far where the pin comes in under 5 minutes and each of us is no lower than medium. The first time was a guy fell on me out of an atomic drop maybe 10 moves in, another was a basic roll-up move, and the third actually worked for me when I fell on top of them out of a suplex. No matter which way it goes though it's bad due to the lousy match rating, E for all of them. Makes me wonder how you can get the DUD rating, they must have to go down from a single forearm blow or something.

Well, I just lost one that just about made me uninstall the game. My last match was for NYCW with my created character. (I have 76 matches, 40 wins and 36 losses) The match was Brett Fraser and Spike vs. Me and Spanish Superfly. Brett Fraser: Pow 52 Tech 15 Spd 16 Psy 64 Sta 62 Superfly: Pow 48 Tech 35 Spd 72 Psy 87 Sta 84 Me:Pow 17 Tech 44 Spd 45 Psy 89 Sta 44 Spike: Doesn't matter, he never tagged in! Brett Fraser hit almost every one of his moves. He avoided [B]over 18 times[/B], mainly against low level high frequency moves. [B]He didn't tag out [/B] (I managed to tag a few times) and singlehandedly beat both of the guys on my team. Superfly, who has a very high speed rating, couldn't hit a single dropkick! Not to mention, due to my lack of offence, the match rating was a D and I lost 2 points of fighting spirit and a point of overness on the deal. Seriously, WTF? This is almost as bad as the times I lost to women (yes, plural), The Gremlin, and when I was in a 3 vs. 2 handicap match and my team (the team of 3) lost. Is it really possible to get ahead on this game without playing a giant or superstar mode?

[QUOTE=Barniferous]Is it really possible to get ahead on this game without playing a giant or superstar mode?[/QUOTE] I'm currently beginning year 8 with my created guy and my record is 287 wins, 63 losses. Last year I was ranked #1 and earned $1,400,000 and I'm the current SWF North American champ (11 defenses). My wrestler started as a Lightweight Super Junior, but beefed up to Middleweight three years ago. In short, the answer is "Yes." ;)

Archived