Best way to raise momentum from zero?

I'm fairly good at raising popularity but have never had to salvage someone with zero momentum (usually guys whose momentum has fallen that low are my utter jobbers who never get a win).

Rusev though got injured for 9 months shortly after his debut and in his absence his momentum has plummeted to zero.

Try as I might, I can't get it to rise even though he's on a 10 match winning streak squashing jobbers. Should I give him a win over someone decent or if I throw a title on him will that get his momentum back up?

Turns and gimmick changes usually help. Putting him in a hot storyline squashing those jobbers would really help too. Throwing a title on him at this point will only hurt the titles prestige.

Cheers, never thought to give him a gimmick change. Changed it from monster to Comrade. Hope it gives him a boost.

Squashing jobbers didn't seem to help much, the storyline didn't get much heat.

If I put him in another storyline with a lot of heat and continue his push steadily from there, will that help or will his lack of momentum cause the other story to plumet?

Cheers, never thought to give him a gimmick change. Changed it from monster to Comrade. Hope it gives him a boost.

If I put him in another storyline with a lot of heat and continue his push steadily from there, will that help or will his lack of momentum cause the other story to plumet?

As long as he gets to great/fantastic success then there should be a pretty decent momentum boost when he ends the storyline regardless of heat.

Jaded has some good advice on it, but also make sure the storyline doesn't die (last past the point where fans lose interest in it).

If you'd like, I'd tack him onto an already existing, hot storyline. He doesn't even need to interact with anyone else in said storyline. You can just add the announcer or referee in the storyline and he would get credit for participating in it.

Archived