Completely random, but hopefully something to make for a feel-good Friday moment.

Just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the community as a whole here. All the ladies and gentlemen who make the GDS board. The posters, the diary writers, the modders, the graphics gurus, and of course Adam and the GDS team for having games worth having a community around. A big thank you all around.

Was overtaken by a bout of nostalgia as I was cleaning up my PM box. Realized its been almost 8 years since I discovered TEW 2007 and signed up on here. Was loathe to delete a lot of those PM interactions I've had with folks, and couldn't bring myself to do it in many cases. So many great interactions and conversations. Bouncing ideas around with other writers, getting and providing help or suggestions or ideas. People reaching out to provide help, or ask for help. Folks who have taken their own time to create graphics upon request, sometimes graphics that were only ever used by me.

It also reminded me of some of the great diary writers we have and continue to have on here. Folks who have provided me (and so many many others) with great entertainment and inspiration. Far too many to list all of them, but a few who jump to mind - some of whom are still active and some who are not - but.... JamesCasey, TigerKinney, PhantomStranger, Self, jhd1, Tristram, MJStark, Nevermore, J Silver, NoNeck, Eisen-Verse, final countdown, dragonmack, mistaken, the Lloyd, Nobby McDonald, 20Legend, Angeldelayette, Monkeypox, keefmoon, BHK, Scapino.... dozens and dozens more.

Just as important, I think, are those who contribute mods and graphics. Again, too many to list. So an incomplete acknowledgement... Genadi, Fleisch, justtxyank, Remi, J Silver, Self, forlan, Derek B, idolized, Reaper, MJStark, alvarasus , Hive, Kamchatka, Mr Canada, Captain Charisma, fatallylost, sockpuppet, jtlant, james0, Tag01, SeanMcFly, shipshirt, Matt Shannon, Iceisle, and the entire ThunderVerse team. Again, too many to name everyone. But thank you all, for all the contributions, big and small.

And those who post. Whether its to ask a question, answer a question, given an update on your game, or just to say how excited you are for TEW 2016.... The mods, of course, and the one-star bandit (or bandits).... all part of a great community.

In my (our) excitement for the new game coming down the pipe, I just figured a thank you to all wouldn't go amiss.

Excellent post, Bigpapa, and I couldn't agree with you more.

Honestly, one of the reasons I'm so excited for the new game is because it will allow our community to learn and grow together, as a team, always willing to help out new players, and sharing our own strategies just to share ideas and spark discussion about the inner workings of the game. Just like we did for 2013, and just like we did for 2010. Time flies when you're having fun!

I too love the community here. I can't believe I've been around since 2003 (Since 400SoftwareStudios). Back then, and in the beginning of GDS it was a much more snarky place to be in as most users were in their teens or early twenties. We've all essentially grown up together. :p

The older users know how steep a learning curve to this game but we're welcoming of anyone willing to try. I cant' speak for everyone but I feel we care about the community and only wish to see to grow.

This is a nice post! Thanks for that mate :) I can't remember what I used to do before I discovered TEW 10!!

This community is amazing! So many nice people! Even if there are people I disagree with, I can send them a quick PM and have a discussion and come to a mutual understanding. A lot of the people on your diary list helped me out a lot when I started writing, but there's one big one you left off (and I know you said you couldn't name them all) but that is michgcs!! Without his awesome WWE diary, there would be no Lloyd. Well... I'd still be alive... but I probably wouldn't have gotten into the wonderful world of diary writing.

TEW 16 is going to be ace, and I can't wait to see what people do in terms of dynasties and mods! But for me, it's going to be all about the cverse! It's something I got into after multiple conversations with RKOwnage and Christmas_ape, and I'm looking forward to starting a long term game on there!

Once again, thanks for this nice message! Always good to have some feel-good Friday moments :D

I'm not an old school member of the boards, having joined it just a bit more than three years ago, and certainly have no accomplishments compared to pretty much all of the people mentioned by you all, but all in all, this post was a beautiful piece to give me a smile on a Friday afternoon. I love this board and I will certainly be here until either it dies or until I die, busy as hell or not. :p

Kudos to you as well, Bigpapa, for taking your time to write this. Promoting unity on the board right before the new game was a good idea.

I just joined recently but i have read the forums for a while but i have found the series around a two years after TEW 2013 came out and i absolutely love the series and will buy and i was about to buy 2013 when 2016 was announced so i decided to hold off and 2016 when it comes out

Well said Bigpapa! Played EWR and have been playing TEW since the beginning. Joined the forum in '06, and it has always struck me as kind of amazing how our community of people of all ages and from all over the world have come together to share our enjoyment of the game and of the wrestling industry itself. All of the shared ideas and talents (be it mod making, of working with graphics) have made the game infinitely more enjoyable for me than it would have been without them. I second your thank you to the community, and greatly look forward to where the latest installment of this great game takes us!

Well said Papa...I been a member of this community for a few years now and I love all you guys! I feel this is a pretty non toxic enviroment compared to the rest of the net and my hat goes off to the mods (I myself makes sure Jaysin earns his paycheck ;)) All in all I don't see me going anywhere because of the love of the series and the love for the wrestling industry in general.

Been around lurking on here for years. I've followed Adam since EWR and I've purchased every edition of TEW since '04. The community adds a lot to playing the game. It truly is a great group of people that enjoy helping one another. Crazy to think I've been on this forum for 12 years in September.

Well said Papa...I been a member of this community for a few years now and I love all you guys! I feel this is a pretty non toxic enviroment compared to the rest of the net and my hat goes off to the mods (I myself makes sure Jaysin earns his paycheck ;)) All in all I don't see me going anywhere because of the love of the series and the love for the wrestling industry in general.

I wish I got a paycheck. :p

But great post Bigpapa. It's always great to see some positivity spread around.

I left the scene for a long time after TEW 2004, and came back in 2014, so pretty much 10 years. Was following the Wrestling Sim Community way back to the PWSE days, EW, PW and even H2H.

Its great the GDS community has flourished and has a close knit community where it seems everybody knows everybody else.

I have to say thank you to the community too, without the real world mods, its unlikely I'd have come back, and really rediscover my love for wrestling and wrestling sims again. Looking back, I'm at a loss to really explain why I fell out with things and just glad to have rediscovered this passion again. Thanks to all of you for playing that part in my life, its certainly made me happier in some respects over the last couple of years.

Been on the forums for just over 8 years now. Not as long as most but I feel like it just shows the quality of the GDS community that we have so many longstanding members who still actively participate. It also shows the quality of the product for it to have such and amazing and long lasting support system.

Thanks to everyone, the creators, modders, artists, players, literally everyone.

It wouldn't be possible without all of you!

I have followed Adam's games since EWD waaaaay back when. I own almost all of GDS games and I have to say, while some people complain about the price of the text-based games, I will admit to spending a lot more time with them than most of today's AAA titles. To me the type of product they produce is something that is unique and with almost infinite replay value. It's something that is very hard to find in today's market.

The community here is super awesome and very helpful which I always appreciate. Thank you all for making this please great!

I joined here when I was 13, almost 14! actually (admittedly not too long ago :p ) but reading this post and thinking about our lord and savior Adam bringing us another game this month, I think.. This is the biggest piece of my childhood I've retained into adulthood. I'm almost finished with my second year of college, and I can admit that I've grown up on this board, around all of you wonderful people, and I wouldn't change a thing.

If I could only use one website for the rest of my life, I'd have to kiss social media and Youtube goodbye for the great gents at Grey Dog. :cool:

Thanks to everyone, and everything about you all. :D

One big issue I have with your post PaPa... No shout out to Papa :p

You've been a hugely positive influence on the boards mate, you've consistently delivered constructive criticism, suggestions, diaries, mod help and more. It's peeps like you who steer a board into an open and vibrant one we see today. One of the many RL friends I've made here over the... (OMGD) over a decade :eek: Happy to say you are :)

I spend most of my time here lurking, and hung around without an account for about a full year before I signed up in the first place. That's not because I don't like to talk, it's because I prefer to listen to the scores of incredibly intelligent and passionate people on this board, who still take me to school on TEW even after five or six years playing the series.

From the folks who told me why my shows sucked when I first started playing, to the people now who can answer insanely specific questions I have, this is a place of learning and I'm glad it exists :).

I gotta thank a part of gds that helped me in my darkest time, The TEW Chatroom. Those guys are the kindest, the nicest guys that you can talk tew, wmma, alting, thunderverse, wrestling, music, beardgrooming, pokemon, etc. So here goes nothing.

Shout Out to: MHero, DJ_Lightning, CodeyBDW, James0, D-Lyrium, OctoberRaven, TeemuFoundation, DerekB, Voeltzwagon, Fabioman3, MattL2222, DaveFan95, We are APW, and loads of people i cant remember on the top of my head.

Guest Asaemon

The Great Kudo

I want to especially thank Weidt who is a great renderer, graphics wizard and mod maker. Weidt is my main inspiration for starting making renders, alts, belts, logos and mods on the GDS forum.

I also want to thank the talented renderers Blackman, Bull, Clarity, I Effin Rules, James 0, J Silver, Jtlant, London, Lucky, Scottie, Shinsuke, Sockpuppet and Trell, who have shared both their work, their knowledge and being a inspiration.

Finally i want to send my thanks to Afroduck, BHK, Bigpapa42, Brat99, Eyeball, Fleish, FullMetal, Hitman74, Iceisle, Jaysin, K-Nection, Kitarzu, MHero, Midnightnick, PeteCrimson00, Poet Justice, Pteroid, Ringrider, The Lloyd and Wheelz316. Some are just super friendly and helpful; and some have been my partners in crime in various projects and mods (both past and upcoming). I hope that i didn't forgot to mention anyone. I also want to send my thanks to the creators of CV97 and the 70's mods.

Archived