I actually got into playing EWR later than most people. What a lot of people may not know about me is that I actually didn't own a computer until late 2007. So while I had known about the EW series, I couldn't actually play it because whenever I was on a computer, it was at the library. So my fantasy wrestling outlet were e-feds. I didn't try out EWR until about, I want to say around 2009 or 2010. I've slept since then, so forgive me if my dates are mixed up.

It was none other than Kijar (who I knew from e-fedding, oddly enough) who introduced me to TEW and the Greydog Forums. The first TEW I tried out was the freeware TEW 2005. Once I got familiar with that, I decided to try out TEW 2010, and I was hooked ever since. I got the demo for 2013 on day one, and bought the full game a week later. I think the first mod I played on 2013 was a converted real world mod that, I want to say 20Legend (I remember Legend being in the name, so I could be mixing up members), had converted.

Along the way I found my calling in mod making as I saw some time periods that hadn't been covered yet, and here I am now. I've tried my hand at diary writing, but I always hit a wall. It probably doesn't help that I'm modding, so I'm going to stick with that from here on out. :p Thanks to everyone here at these forums (too many to list)!

TEW has evolved into a community entirely unique. I found the Total Extreme Wrestling community at 23, three years ago, but have contributed to a number of "peer communities", which outnumber total in size but lack the contribution, community and continuity found here -- it's a community that produces extremely intricate diaries yet welcomes new individuals like family and appreciates all efforts -- and the result is an extremely positive environment that grows the further it gets from the original release over a decade ago.

I've had multiple people take me under my wing and made numerous friends at a time where I felt alone in my real life. I do my best to return the favor, but what I give back can never fully repay the debt. In particular, 3rdStringPG, AngelDeLafayette and Eisen-Verse took me under their wing.

I was always feared when and if TEW is discontinued, the community would wither, but now I'm confident that we will linger far after the game itself ceases updating.

I can't even remember how I found the GDS forums. All I remember is reading J Silver's mental USPW diary that is still the funniest thing I've ever read and deciding I wanted to stay on here.

Grown up with the forums throughout my teenage years and it's just been so great. The mafia forums were a fun place to hang and play games. Then there is the great experience that is being part of the Thunderverse team and getting to see people love the work I help put together.

It's also pretty mental to me that when I joined, people like BigPapa and foolinc were people I aspired to be diary wise and now they're people I ping PMs back and forth with. Funny how things turn out. :p

The live chat as well is a great place to hang. Always fascinating to just be able to talk to the other forum users. Some grand ideas have came from the live chat (and Alan Parent love! :D)

I'm more of a lurker than a poster but I must agree and give a lot of kudos to people on here.

From the Diary bookers who inspire me to play TEW and help with storyline idea's to the guys who help in the small questions thread.

From guys who explain their journeys when they explain their title history to guys who just simple want their cards rated, it's a great way for some bookers to learn of different workers they may not have used before.

The mod makers who work is unbelievable, giving us an option to play in so many different era's and the skin and graphic guru's who allow us to pimp out games.

I thank you all.

And of course Adam Ryland, for allowing us to fulfil our booking dreams! Thank you.

Bring on TEW2016.

I wholeheartedly agree with what has been expressed in this thread. TEW was already a great game but the community that surrounds it makes it a 100 times better. I haven't posted much in the last few years but I've never stopped visiting, mostly to see what my fellow renderers are up to. Thanks to all!

Archived