Possible C-Verse 2007 mod

So, I've been looking at doing a diary in the 2007 C-Verse for TEW 2016. I looked around the board but didn't find a mod for one in 2013. So, I got the original 2007 database and put it through the converters. When I was finished that, I realised the entire Australian scene wasn't in the 2007 database, as well as the fact that many future debuts may not have been in the database, plus the fact that some pictures weren't working with the default picture database. So I decided to import all the data from the 2014 database and go through and began fixing it.

Now I'm nowhere to finishing it as I literally just started it today. Most of it is done, but I have to go through all the workers, fixing bios and popularity. As well as going through the tag teams. I may also add some belts for the "yet to be opened" promotions.

The one problem with this is that even if by luck or other wise, I get this mod finished before 2016's released, it still won't be ready. I'd have to go through all the workers again and set their body type and home region.

So with me going through all this work, just for a fricken diary no less, I am wondering if people would be interested in the database as a mod.

I know this mod is technically a 2016 mod but seems there is no forum section for that I am putting it here. If I decide to release the mod, the hype thread will be in the 2016 mods forum section.

So long story short, C-Verse 2007 mod, interested or not?

Very much so. I'm always down for historical CV mods! TEW 2008 was the first game in the series I actually purchased, despite playing EWR since back in the day. So, a 2007 game will be a very fresh experience for me.

You would have been better off using the Cverse 2005 or 2008 mods as a base. Using the 2007 data through the converter is going to cause all kinds of inconsistencies. Good luck nonetheless :D

That said, 2007 was the first TEW I bought and I loved it. It created an obsession for me and gave me an outlet for creativity.

One thing that stinks is that some of the wrestler's have had a few years shaved off their age. I cannot remember any off the top of my head besides Roger Cage but that is something that jumps out of me as a pretty big change from 07 to 16.

Thanks to everybody who replied to this.

So, I've decided that I am most definitely going to go ahead with this. There are a few problems, none that are overtly crippling on me but I'm obviously going to try my best and get this out for the FULL release.

Chances are that won't happen, especially since I have a few college essays and projects due during the demo/beta week. (Three to be exact). Honestly, I'll probably do the essays on the Tuesday and Wednesday of that week (Or I'll do them the week before, just to get them out of the way). The project will take up most of my time though. I will try my best though.

Right now, I have the workers from A-E completely finished in terms of bio and pop. That's 5 letters in two days, so if I can keep that pace up (and chances are I will), that's 8 days more to complete it. That gives us April 19th. That works well for me, seeing as I have another essay due on the 22nd of April.

To answer some of what you guys have said, yes, the 2007 data isn't great as a base, a lot of historical workers weren't included in it (El Maestro is one that I can think of), guys have changed birth dates etc. However, I am going to try and keep this as close to the 2007 data as possible, adding the historical data from 2013's data to it. (Belt lineages, companies, workers etc). So guys will keep their birth date from 2007, it's just easier for me this way, plus, with all the future debuts that are included there is plenty of talent in the data.

So, I've been looking at doing a diary in the 2007 C-Verse for TEW 2016. I looked around the board but didn't find a mod for one in 2013. So, I got the original 2007 database and put it through the converters. When I was finished that, I realised the entire Australian scene wasn't in the 2007 database, as well as the fact that many future debuts may not have been in the database, plus the fact that some pictures weren't working with the default picture database. So I decided to import all the data from the 2014 database and go through and began fixing it.

Now I'm nowhere to finishing it as I literally just started it today. Most of it is done, but I have to go through all the workers, fixing bios and popularity. As well as going through the tag teams. I may also add some belts for the "yet to be opened" promotions.

The one problem with this is that even if by luck or other wise, I get this mod finished before 2016's released, it still won't be ready. I'd have to go through all the workers again and set their body type and home region.

So with me going through all this work, just for a fricken diary no less, I am wondering if people would be interested in the database as a mod.

I know this mod is technically a 2016 mod but seems there is no forum section for that I am putting it here. If I decide to release the mod, the hype thread will be in the 2016 mods forum section.

So long story short, C-Verse 2007 mod, interested or not?

I already did most if not all of what you're talking about with my 08 mod so all you'd have to do is take my 08 mod and roll it back a year to 2007.

I already did most if not all of what you're talking about with my 08 mod so all you'd have to do is take my 08 mod and roll it back a year to 2007.

Well... that'd be a lot easier. At this stage, I got nothing better to do. I might as well just finish it.

Archived