Small questions that don't deserve their own thread

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the Loyalty change is it possible to actually recruit those loyal to a promotion? It seems in TEW 2013 no matter what you offered them they would not leave.

And while I kind of understand that, I feel if I offer you a ridiculous 30,000$ a month contract when you're only making 5,000$ you would be at least SLIGHTLY tempted.

I'm gonna try to follow this thread from the beginning. It's the best way to keep updated with the way the game works.

About the loyalty, I guess the improvement only mentioned the company the worker already works for. It did not mention outside offers.

I actually hope this game brings back the "Set Push" option from the editor like back in EWR and early TEW's. Because in real life, there are many talented workers who are being pushed the wrong way. Such as talented guys being given the Midcard, and not so talented (ala Peter Valentine in Cornellverse) being pushed too high.

I have a question regarding worker pictures. As on the Dev Journal it is stated that there will be automatic custom background (with transparent .gif), does that mean C-Verse blue background is no longer the norm?

I ask this question because I have thousands of free worker pictures in my harddrive that use C-Verse blue, and I reckon it will be painful to convert them again to transparent .gif. :/

I have a question regarding worker pictures. As on the Dev Journal it is stated that there will be automatic custom background (with transparent .gif), does that mean C-Verse blue background is no longer the norm?

I ask this question because I have thousands of free worker pictures in my harddrive that use C-Verse blue, and I reckon it will be painful to convert them again to transparent .gif. :/

I wondered that as well, not so much cornellverse, but, general. But, I forgot the last line from that post.

For example, if you view a worker who has a transparent GIF picture in a company specific screen (i.e. a roster screen) then the background behind him will automatically be that company's logo

That's a good question. When I read it I assumed that the pictures would be like the pictures in WMMA4. But now I wonder if the blue background is completely obsolete or maybe just free agents will be on the blue background.

That's a good question. When I read it I assumed that the pictures would be like the pictures in WMMA4. But now I wonder if the blue background is completely obsolete or maybe just free agents will be on the blue background.

I posted the quote from Adam's post. He stated the gifs would use the company logo. I'm not sure what it means for free agents, but, that's the word he put out.

Adam,

The Developer Diary had the following entry:

"Feb 16: 2013->2016 Converter

To confirm, TEW2016 will continue the tradition of having a converter that turns a database from the previous game into one for the current version.

Furthermore, this one has been enhanced to automatically find and fix some minor errors that may be in some mods, and will also 'best guess' to fill in some of the new pieces of data to save the mod maker some time."

I'm wondering if you'll provide a guide on where the new pieces of data sit. I ask as I intend converting 1988, 91 and 94 mods from 2013, which I've spent time adding promotions, workers etc to, and it'd be good to have a tick list so to speak of what needs checked after conversion.

Adam,

The Developer Diary had the following entry:

"Feb 16: 2013->2016 Converter

To confirm, TEW2016 will continue the tradition of having a converter that turns a database from the previous game into one for the current version.

Furthermore, this one has been enhanced to automatically find and fix some minor errors that may be in some mods, and will also 'best guess' to fill in some of the new pieces of data to save the mod maker some time."

I'm wondering if you'll provide a guide on where the new pieces of data sit. I ask as I intend converting 1988, 91 and 94 mods from 2013, which I've spent time adding promotions, workers etc to, and it'd be good to have a tick list so to speak of what needs checked after conversion.

The creators of those mods you listed have all confirmed they will be converting them to TEW16 so you won't need to.

not sure if anyone but Adam can answer this, but figure I'll ask anyway...

Do AI companies, that don't already have preset tournaments, ever introduce new tournament belts/trophies?

If not, no big deal, but it was something I always wanted more of in other promotions....and the only way I could accomplish it in 2013 was to start a new game under another promotion, create a new title, and then exit the game as that player.

But their conversions will miss all my recent additions, so It'd possibly be easier to just do it myself.

Convert your version to TEW2016 and then import all your added stuff from your conversion to their mod. That way you only have to update your stuff to fit the new features.

Convert your version to TEW2016 and then import all your added stuff from your conversion to their mod. That way you only have to update your stuff to fit the new features.

A very good plan eventually...if I can remember everything I added (I suppose the new export feature could help there). But, the point still stands that a tick list would be very useful.

I have a question that I hope is either thoroughly explained in detail when the game comes out or Adam can shed light on:

Product Settings NOW matter, as the dev journal stated. That means that certain workers thrive in certain promotions (again as stated)

So this is where my question(s) stem from. Let me give two scenarios.

A) KC Glenn is classified as a technician in a heavy hardcore promotion BUT his Hardcore is a 100.

B) KC Glenn is classified as a psychopath in a heavy hardcore promotion but his hardcore is 30.

So does KC Glenn got a negative for NOT being a Psychopath in the first one despite having great skills? Or does he get a positive bonus despite being a bad hardcore worker but is classified as a Psychopath? If both gives a negative bonus what impacts him more? His wrestling style or his skills? Please halp.

Another question which is related, a "regular wrestler" would be a jack-of-all trades right? No bonuses/no negatives? Or what?

If this is all thoroughly explained and answers all the questions I asked in the game feel free to not waste your time writing it all out. But I hope this is at least answered as it'd help mod makers a bit and help me personally understand the game a lot better.

Archived