Small questions that don't deserve their own thread

I have a question that I hope is either thoroughly explained in detail when the game comes out or Adam can shed light on:

Product Settings NOW matter, as the dev journal stated. That means that certain workers thrive in certain promotions (again as stated)

So this is where my question(s) stem from. Let me give two scenarios.

A) KC Glenn is classified as a technician in a heavy hardcore promotion BUT his Hardcore is a 100.

B) KC Glenn is classified as a psychopath in a heavy hardcore promotion but his hardcore is 30.

So does KC Glenn got a negative for NOT being a Psychopath in the first one despite having great skills? Or does he get a positive bonus despite being a bad hardcore worker but is classified as a Psychopath? If both gives a negative bonus what impacts him more? His wrestling style or his skills? Please halp.

Another question which is related, a "regular wrestler" would be a jack-of-all trades right? No bonuses/no negatives? Or what?

If this is all thoroughly explained and answers all the questions I asked in the game feel free to not waste your time writing it all out. But I hope this is at least answered as it'd help mod makers a bit and help me personally understand the game a lot better.

Styles are used almost excluively for hiring, its stats that are important for segment ratings, the same as it was in previous versions.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Styles are used almost excluively for hiring, its stats that are important for segment ratings, the same as it was in previous versions.

So styles have no impact on product? It's the stats? So even if KC Glenn isn't a style good for my product if his stats are excellent he'll be fine?

So where does the penalty come from? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question. I just want to know if like a Lucha Libre promotion will heavily impact a guy who is primarily a brawler.

Or is a Lucha Libre defined by High Flashiness + Aerial? So BECAUSE he is only a brawler he will get hit really hard in match ratings.

Again sorry if I'm over-complicating this.

In TEW16 certain product types prefer certain top row skills... if you create a product that doesn't suit the Puroresu skill (for example) then that skill will effectively have a penalty to it for everyone... that won't have much of an effect if workers have other skills that are a similar or higher level, but if that is a worker's primary skill then it can limit their effectiveness in a company. :)

The Product section in-game explains it better but I'm too lazy to repeat exactly what it says. :p

In TEW16 certain product types prefer certain top row skills... if you create a product that doesn't suit the Puroresu skill (for example) then that skill will effectively have a penalty to it for everyone... that won't have much of an effect if workers have other skills that are a similar or higher level, but if that is a worker's primary skill then it can limit their effectiveness in a company. :)

Does this mean that, as an example, a guy with great Aerial/Flashiness but terrible Rumble and Technical skills will do just fine in a company with Modern or Daredevil, but if he joins a Realism/Pure based company his Aerial skills will be devalued (or even ignored) and his matches will rate lower as a result?

And will this apply equally to user-run and AI-run companies?

I knew individual match-types could be set to favour certain skills but I hadn't thought about how company product settings could also affect Top Row effectiveness. It makes perfect sense in hindsight.

Does this mean that, as an example, a guy with great Aerial/Flashiness but terrible Rumble and Technical skills will do just fine in a company with Modern or Daredevil, but if he joins a Realism/Pure based company his Aerial skills will be devalued (or even ignored) and his matches will rate lower as a result?

And will this apply equally to user-run and AI-run companies?

I knew individual match-types could be set to favour certain skills but I hadn't thought about how company product settings could also affect Top Row effectiveness. It makes perfect sense in hindsight.

Yes and yes. :)

We'll be using a different format for TEW2016, combining the small questions thread with a 'living' FAQ to try and make it easier for people to find answers. It'll be set up when the demo is released.

Adam Ryland

Designer of TEW, WMMA, WreSpi, and Comic Book Hero

adamryland@hotmail.com

Why are you replicating my post from earlier??

Why are you replicating my post from earlier??

These threads can be a major pain to go through every message looking for a particular piece of information even though this one isn't very big yet. I'm assuming he was just trying to be helpful by stating what you said in a new post.

I know i tend to look at the newest post in threads.

Maybe he doesn't know how to quote?

With TEW 2016 coming out soon, I'll play the C-Verse for the first time (only played RW mods so far).

Therefore I would like to learn a bit about the C-Verse beforehand. So my question: Is there something like a "background story" how everything came about? A wiki or something like that?

Great, now I'll be prepared :)

Just be aware that both of those references make no note of stuff outside of the biggest two promotions in three of the game world's areas. The UCR to EWA/UEW split isn't explained, MAW/PSW/CZCW's formation isn't detailed, and for all intents and purposes, women don't even exist in the C-Verse. It's great 'rule of thumb' and a good jumping off point but you should probably hit the bios like a wikipedia/TV Tropes rabbit hole trip too. :)

I love how this thread is already up to three pages, without a game as of yet to even be asking the questions about. Dear ol' GDS, never change.

If it makes you feel better, I have it on good authority that there will be a sort of wiki feature so that people can more easily search for their answers, rather than having to hunt in this thread, which should make the volume of posting here less of a problem for people!

Am I right in thinking that the demo is due to drop at any time on Monday (same for the full release)? In other words, no set time for the actual release?

Just wondering whether it is worth booking time off work for it, or possibly just wait until the following week.

Am I right in thinking that the demo is due to drop at any time on Monday (same for the full release)? In other words, no set time for the actual release?

Just wondering whether it is worth booking time off work for it, or possibly just wait until the following week.

In both cases the release will be sometime between 4pm and 10pm GMT. A more accurate time will not be given.

From the last entry of the Journal.

From the developer's journal:

The trial \ public beta of TEW2016 will be released on Monday April 25th.

[...]

The full version of TEW2016 will be released on Monday May 2nd.

In both cases the release will be sometime between 4pm and 10pm GMT. A more accurate time will not be given. If you do not know how GMT relates to your own time zone I would suggest searching for a time conversion website, there are many easily and freely available.

Do not miss work for a video game.

I do not know the difference as I work in the games industry anyways.

From the last entry of the Journal.

From the developer's journal:

Thanks guys, I knew I'd seen something somewhere :D

Archived