When and how did you discover the TEW series

I used to play an e-fed type game in the early 2000s (think it was called ringwars or something) and a guy I played with mentioned to me on AOL instant messenger that he was really excited about a new game coming out tomorrow called EWR. Downloaded it the day it was released, been a fan ever since.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used to play an e-fed type game in the early 2000s (think it was called ringwars or something)

Don't know if it's because I've been away a while or you don't post much anymore but it's really nice to see some of the old members again!

Hope you're well Hamster :), 10+ years of TEW now, we're getting old!

Don't know if it's because I've been away a while or you don't post much anymore but it's really nice to see some of the old members again!

Hope you're well Hamster :), 10+ years of TEW now, we're getting old!

Hey Genadi! :) Yeah doing good, just the older you get the more real life happens (And the harder it is to go without sleep to book just one more show before bed). Popped back a week or two ago and realised a new TEW game was on the way and there was a whole developer's journal to read through.

Great to see a bunch of the longtime members are still around and lots of new names.

Hey Genadi! :) Yeah doing good, just the older you get the more real life happens (And the harder it is to go without sleep to book just one more show before bed).

Feel you there mate :) Here's to TEW '16 and hopefully many more new faces.

If I remember correctly, I began playing EWR late 2008. When TEW 05 went free I downloaded but couldn't get into it because my english was pretty bad, and I didn't understand the game (war more in-depth than EWR). But a couple months later I started playing anyway and only upgraded to the 2013 version two years ago, and can't go back.

Heck, I can't even play 2013 right now with all the 2016 hype.

found TEW 2005 when I was like 12 and thought i would be able to play the matches. I wasnt but Ithought it was really cool but way too advanced. I kept it on my computer and a few years later was able to figure it out a bit more, but also played EWR which really got me into the simulation part of it all.

Now I have been addicted ever since and buy ever iteration and have done so with the WMMA series, as well as Wrestling Spirit. I love Grey Dog Software

Found EWR via a buddy on a wrestling discussion forum yeeeeeeeeears ago when EWR Revenge came out. A copy of that damn game was left on every work, school, buddy and home computer I ever sat at. When Adam started in on TEW I was johnny-on-the-spot to buy each and every one (several times over in fact)... Ryland wrestling sims are easily my favorite PC title of all time at this point, surely the game I've dumped more hours into than any other. And that's really saying something.

I was introduced to EWR and TEW 2005 in 2006/7 by my flat-mate at University. I found TEW too tough at the time so I just played EWR for a few years.

I tried TEW 2008 a couple of years later and still thought it was too hard, but when I picked up 2010 and started coming here things quickly begun to make sense.

I was in an efed back in 2001, I was 13 and in a tag team with a boy called Shauny Dreamer haha, we were talking on MSN one night and he asked my opinion on whether I thought Mankind would be a good choice to beat William Regal for the intercontinental title.

Obviously I was curious and he explained he was playing EWR and sent me a link for a download.

Pretty much played EWR 4.2 until TEW 2010 when I discovered Adam was making games over here now, been playing ever since.

Thank You Shauny

New Legacy Inc. I watched them play a couple of EWR streams. I tried it out, and it was okay, but It just didn't do it for me. Then looking around for other games like it, I find Vince Russo playing TEW (I use the term 'playing' loosely) with LetsPlayTEW on youtube.

I came at it from strategy games/business sims rather than wrestling (I hadn't really watched wrestling since the late 1980s, only started watching when I got into TEW). I started out with TEW2005 when it was freeware, then spotted a guy in another forum I frequent putting together a dynasty/diary. This inspired me to buy TEW2010 and run my own feds, then when TEW2013 came out I bought it straight at release.

Funny enough I actually started out booking women's feds exclusively until I got frustrated with the lack of decent female workers in 2005/2010.

Also I almost exclusively run my own custom feds, the only database promotions I ran were BSC, and HGC from Derek's excellent CV97 mod.

I think I started with Promotion Wars back in the day; but didn't play any EW games un til EWR.

I think someone created an e-fed database for EWR with Primetime Championship Wrestling, Old School Wrestling and others involved. I used to play that before moving into the real world mods.

That wouldn't be Old School Wrestling as run by Jerod Story would it? With The Dime Notes feuding with those two abercrombies Sexual Energy and their little fitch of a valet over who was the cornerstone of the tag division?

I started playing TNM way back in like 97 or 98. Soon got into running an e-fed on Angelfire for a few years using Zeus Pro as the engine to write match results. Discovered EWR and have followed the series since that point. Played so much DoTT in 2005 that it drove my wife nuts.

Start out with TNM7 :eek: back in my e-fed days. But a few years ago found EWR like lots of people. Found my way to TEW05 and 10 ... I didn't spend a lot of time with them and struggled to really get into them. But it also happened to be around the time that TEW13 was coming out, so I got caught by the hype train and haven't looked back.

I forget how exactly I found it, but I know it was through pro wrestling news site PWInsider. It was either the PWInsider Elite Message Board (sadly no longer in existence) post or a main-site news story about the release of Total Extreme Warfare. That's how I found out about the free EWR game, though I don't recall ever using EWR much at all. About a year later I heard of Total Extreme Wrestling 2005, and I decided to give that a try, and I've been a fan of the TEW series ever since. Never did try the original TEW.

I found EWR through e-fedding and I've been following since I heard TEW04 was going to be released through .400 SS - eventually I followed Adam to GDS for TEW05 and so on.

Edit: Being 27 years old now, I've been playing Adam's games since I was about 13 years old. I've pretty much grown up on the forum.

I downloaded Zeus Pro for my formerly "paper" wrestling promotion before searching for something different to use as it got a bit boring, That led me to TNM but I really didn't like it, which in turn led me to EWR 2002. I stuck with that for a little while until 9000 before finding Promotion Wars and giving that a try. Wasn't a huge fan of it so went back to EWR with Deluxe and then Revenge. You can guess the rest from there.

Now if your kids can't sleep, just tell them my epic journey from Zeus Pro to EWR and the little mites will be asleep before you know it!

The year 2005.

I joined an e-fed.

Spoke hours after school participating on it.

Heard of Extreme Warfare Revenge.

Played it, enjoyed it. (But i've despised the fact that i had to change hour to play historical scenarios)

Focused on other things in real life, until i've heard of TEW2013 in 2014, bought it and now, i'm waiting now for TEW2016

Archived