When and how did you discover the TEW series

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Used to do e-fedding way back in the day. Found TNM. Found Extreme Warfare and then Promotion Wars. Started writing commentary etc. for Promotion Wars and helping Adam Jennings with that side of things - played EWR and then I kinda stopped playing games altogether. Saw this came out today. Downloaded the trial and will probably get hooked on simulators again.

I've been playing since the DOS versions of Extreme Warfare (EW 9000 possibly my first?).

I was part of the team that helped with the Arsenic editor for some of the later Extreme Warfare games, it got me into web design and programming and I'm actually doing that for a living now... (have been for 10 years or so).

So yeah, a long, long time... but love every game.

This was a while back but when I was 11 or 12, I used to stay over a family friends' house 1 day a week in the summer while her and my mom cleaned houses.

Her son used to watch me and he was a little older (17) but we both loved wrestling. He literally had just about every WWF figure you could imagine from around the '96-2000 era. We would "make matches" and then take turns running them in his ring. He used to go all out, using powder for smoke, even matches for Kane's entrance.

Anyway one week he wanted to show me a game he had found and it was Promotion Wars. I never forget how cool it looked and how much I wanted to play it at my house but I couldn't find a download for it.

Anyway a bunch of years later and I stumbled upon EWR and was like "Holy this is 100x more in-depth then what I remember from PW."

The best part is the family friend still visits from time to time. Sadly, his mother passed but we are basically family. I showed him EWR and even though he hadn't really watched wrestling for a while, he was immersed in the game.

He eventually texted me a picture one day of himself downloading EWR and then I said: "Wait there's more!!!"

Last I talked to him was a few weeks ago and he said he was going to buy '16 and save it for a rainy day.

Chatting on forum, they lead me to EWR, I heard it was going professional and so here it is and now I'll probably getting this latest version of TEW. ...as soon as I have some money.

:( Sadly, being poor stops one from getting it right away. Maybe. Unless I get some other things.

Long story,

Was watching FoxintheBoxFM's Football Manager stream, was talking to a youtuber called TheFMFanatic/Vortec Gaming in the chat, decided to check out his channel, seen a TNA thumbnail, clicked on it and I found TEW!

Although at this point he'd only uploaded a few episode so I searched the game on Youtube and stumbled upon 21Maxwell's channel, watched all 100+ episodes of his TNA save (he became my favourite youtuber) and I decided to get the game like 40 episodes in, really struggled with the game, fell out of love with the game. Came back, took the game a lot slower and found my stride and fell back in love.

Here is a weird story, when I was 7 (in 2007 or so) I had an fed with my wrestling figures, couldn't think of a name, so my brother (who was kind of a wrestling fan) gave me the name TEW, Total Extreme Wrestling. I'm guessing he saw the name on a Youtube series or something :D

Archived